India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Minor criminals? (Page 3)

MagixX IF-Rockerz
MagixX
MagixX

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 3:34am | IP Logged
It's the duty of the parents and the society to give the right education to children. Obviously, by education here, I mean values, not numbers and sciences. That's important too, but values are even more important.

And anyway, one of the right ways to begin dealing with children such as these is teaching them the difference between right & wrong, rather than just letting them be the way they are b'coz they happen to minors.

zorrro IF-Dazzler

Posted: 13 March 2011 at 9:22am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 13 March 2011 at 2:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

Who is Alexander the Great?!!! a great criminal he murdered people on a mass scale. Adolf Hitler alone killed millions of people, but he will be remembered in history as a great leader of man...Bush,Napoleon Bonaparte, Ivan the Terrible, Nadir Shah, Genghis Khan, Tamerlane are all mass scale criminals. Bt their crimes are so big, perhaps, that you cannot conceive'. They have killed millions of people, burned millions of people alive, bt they are not thought of as criminals...BUT here now a days...a small pickpocket, who takes away a two rupee note from your pocket will be punished by the court thats wrong!! Our legal system should change....Before send anyone into court we should analyze why/how it happend...and we should give him/her treatment...and punishment is simply an exercise in stupidity...cos I believe by punishing, you cann't change anyone esply minor!!Smile

What history books have you been reading!?! Who in their right mind believes that Adolf Hitler was a great leader of man? Yes, historians do admit that Hitler had great leadership qualities in that he was able to influence a large population into doing something terribly wrong, but that does not mean that history celebrates his leadership! In fact, this examples shows just the opposite of how easy it is sometimes to convince a great number of people into doing wrong by making them believe that that what they are doing is right.

As far as punishment is concerned, if you don't punish someone when they've done wrong, you are negatively reinforcing that behavior and making the recurrence of that behavior more likely! Yes, at a young age, punishment might not be sufficient by itself, and therapy and other things do need to be provided, but that doesn't mean that punishment should not be given to this minor.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hindu4lyf

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 13 March 2011 at 3:10pm | IP Logged
It's quite worrying that such a young kid can do something like that but I wouldn't call the news shocking. In a way I wish this news would affect me more than it did but if two 10 year old boys can MURDER a two year old kid - James Bulger then nothing else surprises me as much.

I can't even begin to talk about the amount of times I open the newspaper every morning just to read about a teenager being stabbed due to relationships, theft, drugs, gang rivalry etc. I think it's almost got to a point where people here read about the incident, pause for a second to see if the incident happened close to their area of residence, then think how sad it was and how cruel the world is and then just forget about it. 

Coming back to the case being discussed, surely a 13 year old kid knows how to differentiate between what's wrong and what's right so surely they should face the consequences and be punished accordingly. Why do we assume that it's a psychological issue? As much as I'd love to believe that positive reinforcement will help these kids and other young offenders, I just don't think it would work. IMO negative reinforcement will make the offender and other offenders think twice before doing something like that again.

Edited by hindu4lyf - 13 March 2011 at 3:10pm
-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 12:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Who is Alexander the Great?!!! a great criminal he murdered people on a mass scale. Adolf Hitler alone killed millions of people, but he will be remembered in history as a great leader of man...Bush,Napoleon Bonaparte, Ivan the Terrible, Nadir Shah, Genghis Khan, Tamerlane are all mass scale criminals. Bt their crimes are so big, perhaps, that you cannot conceive'. They have killed millions of people, burned millions of people alive, bt they are not thought of as criminals...BUT here now a days...a small pickpocket, who takes away a two rupee note from your pocket will be punished by the court thats wrong!! Our legal system should change....Before send anyone into court we should analyze why/how it happend...and we should give him/her treatment...and punishment is simply an exercise in stupidity...cos I believe by punishing, you cann't change anyone esply minor!!Smile

What history books have you been reading!?! Who in their right mind believes that Adolf Hitler was a great leader of man? Yes, historians do admit that Hitler had great leadership qualities in that he was able to influence a large population into doing something terribly wrong, but that does not mean that history celebrates his leadership! In fact, this examples shows just the opposite of how easy it is sometimes to convince a great number of people into doing wrong by making them believe that that what they are doing is right.
Okie my knowlage about Hitler is borrwed from different books..I still believe he is most intelligent/cunning leader that period,...this man became the leader of the most intelligent country in the world,cos that period Germany given us,Kant, Hegel, Feuerbach, Karl Marx, Sigmund Freud, Martin Heidegger  gr8 philosophers...and after its defeat in the first world war, Germany was in a chaos..... the chaos created Adolf Hitler, becos he promised, and he fulfilled the promise, "I can make this country again united, again strong, so strong that it can rule over the whole world." It was something tht was immensely needed.... People were not working, people were not being creative.... Somebody was needed to make the country again creative, disciplined.... And Adolf Hitler filled the gap....and We all know that..within ten years Germany was again a world power... but its true that..he created the greatest fascist regime... He killed almost ten million people, and still people were supporting him that time.

As far as punishment is concerned, if you don't punish someone when they've done wrong, you are negatively reinforcing that behavior and making the recurrence of that behavior more likely! Yes, at a young age, punishment might not be sufficient by itself,  and therapy and other things do need to be provided, but that doesn't mean that punishment should not be given to this minor.
Another fact is nobody can punish anyone if  they don't take it as a punishment....It is a question of attitude — how you take it — and that is something to be learned about ur whole life.Smile

a child who does not imitate is punished....a rebellious child is punished, an obedient child is praised....... Obedience is thought to be a gr8 value, and rebellion a gr8 disvalue...the whole society tries to make you obedient, forces you.... through awards, through punishments, fear, appreciation, ego enhancement.... There are a thousand and one ways to force you to just imitate others, becos that is the only way to give you a frame, to give u a narrowness, to give you a tamed discipline.. if you do imitate or If we dont have rebelious kids in our world....we cant find, Pht.Mohammed,Jeasus,Sree Krishna like that peoples in this world.

_Angie_ IF-Sizzlerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 6:13am | IP Logged

Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Okie my knowlage about Hitler is borrwed from different books..I still believe he is most intelligent/cunning leader that period,...this man became the leader of the most intelligent country in the world,cos that period Germany given us,Kant, Hegel, Feuerbach, Karl Marx, Sigmund Freud, Martin Heidegger  gr8 philosophers...and after its defeat in the first world war, Germany was in a chaos..... the chaos created Adolf Hitler, becos he promised, and he fulfilled the promise, "I can make this country again united, again strong, so strong that it can rule over the whole world." It was something tht was immensely needed.... People were not working, people were not being creative.... Somebody was needed to make the country again creative, disciplined.... And Adolf Hitler filled the gap....and We all know that..within ten years Germany was again a world power... but its true that..he created the greatest fascist regime... He killed almost ten million people, and still people were supporting him that time.

As far as punishment is concerned, if you don't punish someone when they've done wrong, you are negatively reinforcing that behavior and making the recurrence of that behavior more likely! Yes, at a young age, punishment might not be sufficient by itself,  and therapy and other things do need to be provided, but that doesn't mean that punishment should not be given to this minor.
Another fact is nobody can punish anyone if  they don't take it as a punishment....It is a question of attitude ' how you take it ' and that is something to be learned about ur whole life.Smile

a child who does not imitate is punished....a rebellious child is punished, an obedient child is praised....... Obedience is thought to be a gr8 value, and rebellion a gr8 disvalue...the whole society tries to make you obedient, forces you.... through awards, through punishments, fear, appreciation, ego enhancement.... There are a thousand and one ways to force you to just imitate others, becos that is the only way to give you a frame, to give u a narrowness, to give you a tamed discipline.. if you do imitate or If we dont have rebelious kids in our world....we cant find, Pht.Mohammed,Jeasus,Sree Krishna like that peoples in this world.

There is a difference between a rebellious child and a criminal mind! Hitting, kicking and slashing your teacher with a knife would come in the later category. When did pht. Mohammed, Jesus Christ or Sree Krishna misbehave with their guru !?  
-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 11:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u

There is a difference between a rebellious child and a criminal mind! Hitting, kicking and slashing your teacher with a knife would come in the later category. When did pht. Mohammed, Jesus Christ or Sree Krishna misbehave with their guru !?  

The problem now a days guru's dont have any respect...a true guru will never impose himself upon you.... He/she will never impose his life style on you.... He/she will not try to create soldiers of you. No, he/she will help you to become yourself..a true guru never treat you as  second-rate..BUT if anyone doing like that act I agree,its wrong...and we should check/study Why the students now a days doing these types of acts!Smile
_Angie_ IF-Sizzlerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 11:23pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by angie.4u

The problem now a days guru's dont have any respect...a true guru will never impose himself upon you.... He/she will never impose his life style on you.... He/she will not try to create soldiers of you. No, he/she will help you to become yourself..a true guru never treat you as  second-rate..BUT if anyone doing like that act I agree,its wrong...and we should check/study Why the students now a days doing these types of acts!Smile
Welcome Vinuji ! I agree to some extent that respect has to be earned and cannot be expected on a platter. But as far as this case was concerned the teacher was only doing her duty as an invigilator during an exam in trying to get the boy to stop talking in an examination hall or not to cheat. As to the question why the students behave so aggressively there could be a number of underlying psychological and social  causes which need to be addessed, but letting the boy get away with this act is no solution. It is the duty of the school authorities to make him understand that what he did was wrong and unacceptable. Not only that student but other students elsewhere too need to get that message straight! and yes, the parents need to be counselled too.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Believe-

Go to top