Page   of 3

Amor.

Coolbie

Amor.

Posted: 25 August 2011 at 5:19am | IP Logged

Sumit Vyas to play Ambeek in Chandragupta Maurya

Monday, August 22, 2011 | 2:47:31 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 13 Comments
Sumit Vyas to play Ambeek in Chandragupta Maurya

Sumit Vyas to get back to Imagine in a brand new avatar..

Sumit Vyas who essayed the innocent and straight forward Karthik in Rehna Hai Teri Palkon ki Chaaon Mein will soon be back onImagine in a contrasting avatar. The latest is that the actor has been finalized to play the negative lead, Ambeek in Chandragupta Maurya, produced by Sagar Arts and 72 Degrees Northe.

Our source states, "The grown-up Ambeek will be introduced in the coming weeks, and Sumit will essay the role. Ambeek has grown into a very handsome guy, and continues to have typical negative shades as seen in childhood".

We hear that shoot with Ambeek was to begin in the second week of August. But there has been a delay as the focus is now on Alexander and Salucus track.

When contacted, Sumit told TellyBuzz, "It is true that I have consented verbally to playing the role. However, I have not heard again from them".

If sources are to be believed, Mr. B.M. Vyas who is the Writer of the show happens to be Sumit Vyas' father. 

Here's wishing Sumit a great second innings with Imagine..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "~Article Archives~No Comments (Page 3)" in Chandragupta Maurya forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Amor.

Coolbie

Amor.

Posted: 25 August 2011 at 5:20am | IP Logged

"Chandragupta Maurya was a great student"-Ashish Sharma

Monday, August 15, 2011 | 10:58:47 AM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 20 Comments
"Chandragupta Maurya was a great student"-Ashish Sharma

Ashish Sharma talks about him being the elder Chandragupta Maurya on Imagine...

After portraying the arduous character of Bhaiyyaji, Ashish Sharma is portraying the magnanimous role of Chandragupta Maurya on Imagine TV. 

Ashish has taken up a role that Rushiraj Pawar has stamped in the minds of the audience. What were the challenges that Ashish faced when he stepped into the highest rated show onImagine TV?

In an exclusive conversation with TellyBuzz, Ashish speaks about his role in the show...

Enjoy the read...

How do you feel being back on small screen?
It is great to be back on the sets and I cannot imagine not being associated with a show sitting idle.

You are portraying a character which Rushiraj has created as the benchmark. Now the responsibility is on you.
Yes Rushiraj has done a fantabulous job and I have met him before he left the show. Rushiraj has left behind the job to me and thus the responsibilities are really high. Sometimes I really feel scared because people have the double expectations now.  

Chandragupta Maurya is Imagine's highest rated show. How do you feel being a part of it?
It feels really great to be part of such a great show and the fact that it is the highest rated show makes me even more responsible. But frankly speaking I have never really given concern about the ratings because you do not know the criteria on which it is decided.

You are portraying the title role of the show for the first time. Were you nervous?  
Not really, because at the end of the day I am portraying my role and finally doing my job. When somebody shows faith in you, the determination automatically comes.

There are a lot of stunts in the show; how are you preparing yourself for the character?
Since there are stunts I have got myself trained in Tai Chi and Kalaripayattu, also I have learnt horse-riding as well. Besides that I have read a lot about Chandragupta Maurya mainly the Greek History because it has more details from his point of view. Indian history has mainly dealt about Chanakya and his ideas.

What was the main challenge when you started doing the show?
The main challenge for me was being an individual I should not, in any way, resemble to the earlier character that I have done. For that, I had to work on my body language, my physique and my complete appearance. Since Chandra Gupta is a complete street kid who had learned everything through guerrilla warfare, I tried to take inputs from the character of Dastan from the movie Prince of Persia. To give a rough look, I grew my hair as well. First we thought to show the character bare chested, but later on we fitted the armour for the tough look.   

Diction is one of the most important aspects when an actor is doing mythic and historic shows. Have you felt the difficulty in grasping the Sanskrit words in the normal conversation?
Since I am fluent in Hindi I did not have a difficulty in grasping the language.

How is the experience working with Manish Wadhwa?
He is a brilliant actor to work with. We play a lot of pranks on the sets and since he could not do it with Rushiraj, he is fulfilling his wishes with me (laughs).

Your promos have been really alluring. How has the response been?
The response has been mind blowing and I am glad that people are liking it.

How is the experience shooting in Baroda?
It is raining here and I was down with Malaria for some days. I do not have problem adjusting with the food because I have a restricted diet and cannot have anything and everything.  

Any memorable incidents so far?
Actually I have not yet shot much to have memorable experiences. Perhaps after a few episodes I would be able to tell that.

Now that you are portraying the character of Chandragupta Maura, what is the quality in him that has attracted you the most?
Chandragupta Maurya was a great student and that one factor has really caught me. He strongly believes in the philosophy that one has to be a very good student.

After Gunahon Ka Devta, was it tough for you to get out of the skin of Bhaiyyaji as he was also a fearsome character?
It was tough initially because once you have lived that character for a long time it definitely is difficult to get yourself out of it. But now I have come out of it and purely concentrate on portraying Chandragupta.

What would you like to say to your fans?
I would like to tell them to keep watching the show and I will try to give them better always. I love you all.

Reporter and Author: Saranya Valsarajan 

Amor.

Coolbie

Amor.

Posted: 25 August 2011 at 5:21am | IP Logged

Ankit Kakkar to enter Chandragupta Maurya..

Thursday, August 11, 2011 | 2:50:55 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 57 Comments
Ankit Kakkar to enter Chandragupta Maurya..

Ankit Kakkar who is presently seen in Navya will enter the Imagineshow..

Ankit Kakkar who is presently essaying the negative character of Gautam in Star PlusNavya has bagged a prized role in Imagine TV's number one show,Chandragupta Maurya produced by Sagar Arts and 72 Degrees Northe.

Ankit will play the role of Aryeman, a soldier in the Greek army. His character will start off as a negative one, but as the story unfolds, he becomes a close friend ofChandragupta Maurya (Ashish Sharma).

A little birdie tells us, "Aryeman is placed in the Greek army, but he is a King in disguise. His motive is to weaken the Greek army just like Chandragupta. Initially, his character will be portrayed as
negative, but when Aryeman and Chandragupta get to know of their common intentions, they bond well in fighting for the motherland".

When contacted, Ankit Kakkar confirmed that he is presently shooting for the Imagine show in Baroda.

His entry will be aired this weekend. As reported,Yashashri Masurkar's entry is also scheduled for this week..

Guess there is lots to look forward to in the show this week..

Reporter and Author: Srividya Rajesh

Amor.

Coolbie

Amor.

Posted: 25 August 2011 at 5:22am | IP Logged

Yashashri Masurkar to be Chandragupta's Mrignayni

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 | 7:28:48 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 187 Comments
Yashashri Masurkar to be Chandragupta's Mrignayni

Yashashri Masurkar bags the lead role opposite Chandragupta in theImagine show..

Yashashri Masurkar enthralled one and all with her simple girl next door look in Rang Badalti Odhani, and now she is all set to play the lead role of a gorgeous princess in Imagine TV's popular show, Chandragupta Maurya. The show produced by Sagar Arts and 72 Degrees Northe took a 10 year leap last week with the introduction of the grown up Chandragupta in Ashish Sharma. And this Saturday, the entry of Mrignayni, the Princess of Takshila will be shown.

Mrignayni will be the girl oppositeChandragupta Maurya. However, the audience will see a twist with both Chandragupta and Dhananand (Sooraj Thapar) falling for Mrignayni.

When we contacted Yashashri she confirmed, "Yes its true, I will be seen playing Mrignanyni's character in Chandragupta Maurya.  I am excited about the role because its very different from Khanak.  This is the first time I am playing a character that was in our history and also I am excited about the look, its going to be be very much different from the character that I have played till now."

Let's see how the Ashish-Yashashri chemistry builds up..

Reporter and Author: Srividya Rajesh

Amor.

Coolbie

Amor.

Posted: 25 August 2011 at 5:27am | IP Logged

Alexander the Great to die in Chandragupta Maurya

New jodis& sizzling chemistry-CM/Mrignayani

TOI: Ashish to quit??

I am not quitting Chandragupta Maurya : Ashish

article:yashu single and ready to mingle

Yashu excited for Mrignayani

Mrignayani to come face to face with Chandragupta

Yashashri is the grown up Mrignayni-TOI article

Article:Chandragupta Maurya's story on TV

.Tanya.

Coolbie

.Tanya.

Posted: 30 August 2011 at 7:46am | IP Logged

A surprise birthday bash for Ashish Sharma

A surprise birthday bash for Ashish Sharma

Ashish Sharma aka Chandragupt of Imagine's Chandragupta Mauryaturns a year older today

Everyone loves to get surprises, especially on their birthdays, and Ashish Sharma aka the warrior of ImagineChandragupta Maurya, got one of the most memorable surprises today on his birthday.

Ashish narrates, "My friends flew all the way to Baroda to give me the surprise and all my co-stars and unit members were involved in the plan. They blind folded me like I was a small kid and took into a beautifully designed room. I just had the same amazing feeling like a kid who got the biggest surprise. I would specially thank one of my friends Abhishek who is the mastermind behind the whole plan."

But Amidst all the celebration, Ashish does really miss something very special, "I am very badly missing my family because they could not come down to Baroda nor I could go and meet them."

Well, family indeed is important especially on the D' day.

TellyBuzz hereby wishes Ashish a very happy birthday…

Reporter and Author: Ranjini Nair

Amor.

Coolbie

Amor.

Posted: 12 September 2011 at 5:33am | IP Logged

Ankit Kakar quits two shows to play a lead in one

Monday, September 12, 2011 | 4:07:25 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 0 Comments
Ankit Kakar quits two shows to play a lead in one

The actor has decided to pull himself out of two key shows to search for a main role

A show tries to put the spotlight on every character at the time of its inception. However, amendments are made as the plot thickens and the key characters are merely reduced to appear in a scene or two. This is usually the main reason for an actor to quit an ongoing show, more so if a tempting opportunity waits for him with open arms. 

Falling in this bracket is actor Ankit Kakkar who was portraying the character of Gautam in Star PlusNavya and Aryeman in Imagine'sChandragupta Maurya. The actor decided to walk out from Navya as he was not content with the way his character was progressing. But the factual reason is that he is eagerly looking for an opportunity to be the main protagonist in a show. 

We contacted Ankit who confirmed the report and stated, "Yes I have left Navya as I am looking for an opportunity to play a main lead whereas my character in Chandragupta Mauryawill be killed."

We hope that the actor is successful in finding his dream role and this risk proves to be worth the while… 

Reporter: Ranjini Nair
Author: Megha Bissa 

Amor.

Coolbie

Amor.

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 7:09am | IP Logged

Yashashri to quit Chandragupta Maurya

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 | 6:26:18 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 1 Comments
Yashashri to quit Chandragupta Maurya

Tired of playing a second fiddle, the actress decided to leave the show...

After rumour mills broke the news about Ashish Sharma who plays Chandraguta Maurya leaving the show, its Yashashri Masurkar who plays the character of Mrignayni, the Princess of Takshila who has put her foot down and is quitting the show.

Yashashri has informed the production house about her decision. 

A source informs us, "Yashashri is unhappy with the way her track has shaped up and hence she gave a notice. She was told that she will be playing the lead which requires full time commitment but once she started shooting, the reality was completely opposite. There wasn't enough for her to do and Yashashri surely wanted an exciting role that is challenging for her as an actress."

We tried calling Yashashri but she remained unavailable for a comment.

We also hear that Yashashri is looking for new avenues to explore as far as acting is concerned.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top