India-Forums

Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars
Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

Remo on his Jhalak experience

.Tanya. IF-Stunnerz
.Tanya.
.Tanya.

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 5:51am | IP Logged
Well known choreographer Remo D'Souza and judge of Sony's dance show Jhalak Dikha Lajafeels that Meiyang Chang deserved to be the winner as he was the underdog on the show. Ecstatic about his co-judges, the two dancing divas-Madhuri Dixit-Nene and Malaika Arora Khan, he gets candid about his journey in Jhalak, Madhuri Dixit and his directorial debut.
Remo D'Souza

Tell us about your journey as judge in Jhalak?
The journey was beautiful and brilliant. I had a great time each week with two dancing divas Madhuri Dixit and Malaika Arora Khan. Moreover, we had some big celebrities from the television world showcasing their dancing talent too. The whole season was very positive and there was no drama, normally seen in other dance reality shows. Jhalak was great and unforgettable for me.
Remo D'Souza

Any memorable moment that you can share with us?
I feel every moment was memorable for me. I used to wait for Thursdays, so that I meet Madhuriji and also be bowled over by the dancing talent of the contestants. The show worked because of different style of performances. It was an honour to declare the winner of Jhalak and the most memorable moment for me as judge.

Edited by gaurav_fan - 11 March 2011 at 5:53am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

payal956Riddikulusyipee

.Tanya. IF-Stunnerz
.Tanya.
.Tanya.

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 5:54am | IP Logged
Malaika, Remo and Madhuri

What do you want to say about Madhuri's comeback on television and how was it meeting with her?
Jhalak's main attraction was Madhuri Dixit as judge and I think the show became a huge hit because of her comeback on television. For me, she is an all rounder who has proved herself - in acting, dancing, motherhood and as a judge. She is a very warm person, has no attitude and is simply lovely. That worked in her favour.
Malaika, Remo, Madhuri
As a choreographer, what do you think about Madhuri and Malaika's dancing talent?
You can't compare Malaika and Madhuriji. Madhuriji has done so many films and her dance numbers are legendary. Malaika is also very good dancer and has made a name for herself too. I feel they are living legends in their own terms. Madhuriji is known for her graceful dancing, she is a master of Indian and Western dance while Malaika is very sensual and hot in her moves.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

suzi_byipee

.Tanya. IF-Stunnerz
.Tanya.
.Tanya.

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 5:55am | IP Logged
Remo D'Souza

Who was your favourite contestant?
From the top three, all were my favourites. Yana Gupta, Sushant Singh Rajput and Meiyang Chang all were brilliant. All of them had an eventful journey in this show and Meiyang was an under dog, a non-dancer and it was good to see that non-dancer won the competition.
Remo D'Souza

Which was your favourite dance act this season?
There were lot of cool performances but I loved (Betrayal) Ghost dance of Sushant- Shampa, Storm dance of Meiyang Chang – Marischa and Prince and Princess dance of Yana Gupta.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

yipee

.Tanya. IF-Stunnerz
.Tanya.
.Tanya.

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 5:57am | IP Logged
Remo D'Souza

Are you following Dance India Dance Doubles?
I was busy with my film Faltu and then Jhalak, so I haven't been able to follow the show. But I want to thank to Zee TV and Dance India Dance who gave me name and fame on television. Now that I am free I will surely watch the show.
Remo D'Souza

What's next after Jhalak?
I am waiting for my first directorial F.A.L.T.U to release on 1st April which stars Vickky Bhagnani, Ritiesh Deshmukh and Arshad Warsi. I hope that audiences love the film.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sara_191falcon.staryipee

MeraCheekuVirat IF-Rockerz
MeraCheekuVirat
MeraCheekuVirat

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 10:27am | IP Logged
luv u sir..>!!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sara_191

dhahi Senior Member
dhahi
dhahi

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
with no offence to remo, i would like to ask one more qn to remo...
what was the concept of the show? if it is to make a non-dancer to a dancer, then y to take a dancer in the first place?
just one more qn. 
who should win a DANCE competition? a non-dancer who become a good dancer or a dancer who become the BEST?
i feel like asking many more like these...
my qns will be never ending...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

OpandaypreetmdspjwaSiddhi_-Priya-

Rapier IF-Rockerz
Rapier
Rapier

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 2:28pm | IP Logged
I LOVE Remo, but "The whole season was very positive and there was no drama, normally seen in other dance reality shows"???? come on now Remo. u don't believe this do you?LOL

-desigirl-yipee

-desigirl- IF-Dazzler
-desigirl-
-desigirl-

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 2:56pm | IP Logged
LOOOOOOOOOL rapier i was gonna say the same!

i respect remo sir BUT loooooool no drama.. 200% he himself knows all the drama :P

and about him sayin tht a non dancer should win .. im not gonna make a fuss about it cuz remo sir always wanted the show to be about a celebs progress in dance ... when jhalak started he said he wants to see a non dancer improve in dancing and thts wht he wants jhalak to be about so atleast hes honest

RapierSiddhi_

Go to top