India-Forums

tanaaz & dina (Page 2)

Sahana_125 Goldie
Sahana_125
Sahana_125

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 7:46pm | IP Logged
Where have i in any of my posts said that the girl should only be taught indian culture? I believe in my post in the other thread too i said a child should learn culture of both sides. From my POV school and friends might teach you language but not culture, i dont know about anyone else but i learnt my culture and religion from my family.

Also another thing, a lot of schools where richer children go in india only allow english to be spoken in school and hindi is reserved for the hindi class/ period. So thinking that the child will pick up hindi as they grow up in school and friends isnt always correct because kids tend to speak in english with friends just as they are used to doing in school

P.S dont categorize people as racist without knowing their viewpoint first.

Edited by Sahana_125 - 12 March 2011 at 7:48pm

preetie Goldie
preetie
preetie

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 7:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sahana_125

Where have i in any of my posts said that the girl should only be taught indian culture? I believe in my post in the other thread too i said a child should learn culture of both sides. From my POV school and friends might teach you language but not culture, i dont know about anyone else but i learnt my culture and religion from my family.

Also another thing, a lot of schools where richer children go in india only allow english to be spoken in school and hindi is reserved for the hindi class/ period. So thinking that the child will pick up hindi as they grow up in school and friends isnt always correct because kids tend to speak in english with friends just as they are used to doing in school

P.S dont categorize people as racist without knowing their viewpoint first.

As far as I know hindi is mandatory to pass high school. In some states such as punjab once has to learn to read and write punjabi. So please stop arguing for the sake of arguing.
Sahana_125 Goldie
Sahana_125
Sahana_125

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 8:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by preetie

As far as I know hindi is mandatory to pass high school. In some states such as punjab once has to learn to read and write punjabi. So please stop arguing for the sake of arguing.

you are giving the example of punjab, a state in north india, i will give you an example of another state, tamil nadu, south india, there too hindi is taught, but majority cant or wont speak it, it is just a formality that it is taught, but it isnt learnt in any real sense. I believe i also made the statement specifically to the more elite schools where richer children go. Now you may say that their daughter wont go to a school in south india, well let me give you an example of mumbai

my own cousin goes to a school in mumbai which is slightly more middle/upper class and is more modern in approach, they are not allowed to speak in hindi in or outside of class on school premises, even with their friends, ony english.

I have no interest in arguing for no reason, there are tons of things i can do to fill my time. But i read in another thread that you are from canada, well so am i.... so tell me do all canadians who studied here know french? are fluent in it? because i can tell you, i am not.
Sahana_125 Goldie
Sahana_125
Sahana_125

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 8:32pm | IP Logged
Anyways, i am done stating my POV, whatever you may think or believe is entirely upto you. It was fun debating.

But, I would like to say, to all forum members of either side, to keep the comments and criticisms limited to the people on the show, and lets not pick on or comment on fellow members (ofcourse healthy debates are fine). It is my sincere request to everyone that reads this.
preetie Goldie
preetie
preetie

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 11:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sahana_125

Originally posted by preetie

you are giving the example of punjab, a state in north india, i will give you an example of another state, tamil nadu, south india, there too hindi is taught, but majority cant or wont speak it, it is just a formality that it is taught, but it isnt learnt in any real sense. I believe i also made the statement specifically to the more elite schools where richer children go. Now you may say that their daughter wont go to a school in south india, well let me give you an example of mumbai

my own cousin goes to a school in mumbai which is slightly more middle/upper class and is more modern in approach, they are not allowed to speak in hindi in or outside of class on school premises, even with their friends, ony english.

I have no interest in arguing for no reason, there are tons of things i can do to fill my time. But i read in another thread that you are from canada, well so am i.... so tell me do all canadians who studied here know french? are fluent in it? because i can tell you, i am not.

I am sure you have better things to do however with these long responses suggest otherwiseWink
Sahana_125 Goldie
Sahana_125
Sahana_125

Posted: 13 March 2011 at 7:50am | IP Logged
you dont have anything elsee to comment on and so you are getting personal and trying to imply that i dont have anything better to do.... listen, why dont you come up with something valid.... actually nvm, even if you come up with something valid, you might find enough time to read my long post but i dont have the time to write them, so ciao. Tongue

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Maa Exchange Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index