Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Aishwarya Rai's father life time achievement award (Page 4)

ibelieveinpink IF-Stunnerz
ibelieveinpink
ibelieveinpink

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 7:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ruky786

Originally posted by sweet coco

WHOA! Ppl are being so rude...he did not get an award for giving birth to Asihu or Aditya....he got it for his work in the Navy/Marine!

Ppl asking about the credibility of the awards....he also got an award from Sailor Today and i think it's them who are getting him this award. I think one reason he's getting an award is b/c he has been diagnosed with cancer and his health is improving, but not that much! So lay off the man, he's served his country and had many sacrifices and we should be glad that ppl are honoring the real heroes of our country. Thank god we have awards honoring the military, police force, and philanthropists nowadays and thank god the media gives them some recognition.  Sailor Today Awards begun some 9 years ago and only got recognition when a BW star showed up...shows our society's priorities....stars over the real heroes!

I know Aishu being his daughter probably gives him a slight bias, but the man is well-known in his field and he has his own body of accomplishments that shouldn't be over-shadowed by his star daughter! A little respect for him would be nice regardless how you feel about his daughter!!

I wasn't sure what the reason was as to why her father was getting a lifetime achievement award but now I know thanks sweetcocoBig smile

See I don't wanna believe that his accomplishments are ONLY being honored b/c he's aishu's father...I wanna believe ppl truly respect the veterans and are giving this to him b/c he deserves it!

Like I said, his ailing health is only one reason and he probably has slight bias over others, but I really really really wanna believe in the good in people....hopefully like I said it's not just a 1-year thing...or I'll be pissed!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ruky786

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 7:56am | IP Logged

WHOA! Ppl are being so rude...he did not get an award for giving birth to Asihu or Aditya....he got it for his work in the Navy/Marine!

Ppl asking about the credibility of the awards....he also got an award from Sailor Today and i think it's them who are getting him this award. I think one reason he's getting an award is b/c he has been diagnosed with cancer and his health is improving, but not that much! So lay off the man, he's served his country and had many sacrifices and we should be glad that ppl are honoring the real heroes of our country. Thank god we have awards honoring the military, police force, and philanthropists nowadays and thank god the media gives them some recognition.  Sailor Today Awards begun some 9 years ago and only got recognition when a BW star showed up...shows our society's priorities....stars over the real heroes!

I know Aishu being his daughter probably gives him a slight bias, but the man is well-known in his field and he has his own body of accomplishments that shouldn't be over-shadowed by his star daughter! A little respect for him would be nice regardless how you feel about his daughter!!

I wasn't sure what the reason was as to why her father was getting a lifetime achievement award but now I know thanks sweetcocoBig smile

See I don't wanna believe that his accomplishments are ONLY being honored b/c he's aishu's father...I wanna believe ppl truly respect the veterans and are giving this to him b/c he deserves it!

Like I said, his ailing health is only one reason and he probably has slight bias over others, but I really really really wanna believe in the good in people....hopefully like I said it's not just a 1-year thing...or I'll be pissed!

He does deserve it definitely even though I don't have a lot of knowledge as to what he has done but yh I completely agree.

So nice to see you here againHug

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mmmmm-ibelieveinpink

Meena1 IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 8:03am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mmmmm-ruky786ibelieveinpink-PoisonIvy-

ibelieveinpink
ibelieveinpink

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 8:04am | IP Logged

He does deserve it definitely even though I don't have a lot of knowledge as to what he has done but yh I completely agree.

awww! Thanks sweetheart! Yeah even I don't know his accomplishments b/c when I googled them only aishwarya-related searches came up...but he was an engineer and lived away from his family for long periods of time...maybe they should have mentioned some of his life work in the clips...oh well what are you gonna do!!

I've missed you guys!!! There's no humor like the kind on this forum!! You guys (you, maddy, meena, smarie) have some of the best one-liners...I'm sure I'm forgetting a few (SORRRRIEEE!)!! But you guys also know how to get me back...a few too many buttons pushed and I'm back!LOL 

JK!!! I'm a temp leave from this forum...it's to addicting and time consuming...be back in full force post-June!!!

-Mmmmm-ruky786

ibelieveinpink
ibelieveinpink

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 8:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Meena1

I agree with you on it all! There are problems that need to be dealt with, but I don't think it's fair to demean his achievements just b/c one dislikes his daughter. I hope these awards continue and ppl keep paying attention to what the army/navy has done and honor them....I'm gonna be upset if they just stop the following year and start up again to honor veterans related to stars...then I'll be totally pissed!

But for now, he isn't the only one that was honored, but the media focused on him b/c Aishu would be there and really that's all anyone cares about...hate her or love her but she is who she is and she brings the attention (the bad and good)!

he deserved it.. i think every man/woman that serves for the country should be recognized in one form or the other..

i can be ignorant in most cases but not when it comes to such topics.. absolutely no need for humor or pot shots here..

agree! I'm usually ok with diverse and differing opinions, but when it comes to the army/navy...it hits close to home....so I lose my patience! And this has nothing to with aishu....would have reacted the same if it were some other star's father, mother, or family member! 

Nuktaacheen-Mmmmm-

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 8:07am | IP Logged

awww! Thanks sweetheart! Yeah even I don't know his accomplishments b/c when I googled them only aishwarya-related searches came up...but he was an engineer and lived away from his family for long periods of time...maybe they should have mentioned some of his life work in the clips...oh well what are you gonna do!!

I've missed you guys!!! There's no humor like the kind on this forum!! You guys (you, maddy, meena, smarie) have some of the best one-liners...I'm sure I'm forgetting a few (SORRRRIEEE!)!! But you guys also know how to get me back...a few too many buttons pushed and I'm back!LOL 

JK!!! I'm a temp leave from this forum...it's to addicting and time consuming...be back in full force post-June!!!

I am addicted to the forum at the momentROFL but I know what you mean it's ok if you forgot some of the one liners I don't mindLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ibelieveinpink

chocobear IF-Rockerz
chocobear
chocobear

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 8:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sheee

What did he do to get  the "life time achievement award." Gave birth to a girl for Bachan family.

that's the biggest achievement for himLOL
-Mmmmm- IF-Veteran Member
-Mmmmm-
-Mmmmm-

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 8:18am | IP Logged
Sweet Coco.... Hug

Good Luck with your MCAT's ... I know you will rock the exams....

ruky786ibelieveinpink

Go to top