Sasural Genda Phool

India-Forums

Sasural Genda Phool
Sasural Genda Phool

leave trp's behind ,enjoy the story (Page 2)

radpat25 Senior Member
radpat25
radpat25

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 4:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by venture

I dont understand , what is it with just lame Romantic scenes, if there is no story how can you keep watching the chipka chipkee at 7.30 ???? and why?? SGP is a story based serial,  how long would they be able to keep people attracted with scenes like the one in promo everyday, are we watching a xrated show???  I want SGP to finish when there is NO more story to tell, and at the moment there are stories to cover, Suhana has to grow up as a woman, which she has started to but have a long distance to cover, Ishaan would look awful in hormone struck guy who would only give puppi and jhappi , I would stop watching SGP when they would change there story line and make it like a cheesy serial, no matter how much I adore Ragini, but I would not back her up in a project which has no material and nothing to perform but just lot of hottiness, now I am 100% sure the promo is for the TRP grabbing technique of Star.
@ bold....Lol....LOL...sheemaji u cracked me up...chipka chipki ROFL....I agree if there is no story and all filmy OTTness...i will also stop watching it..i had actually thought of it during the gold track and after that too....but deepak-radha bua track,panna track couldnt let me stop watching it totally...but i agree if they resort to some brainless comedy in near future and some melodrama...i will surely stop watching..

As far as TRPs are concerned...its a different ball game altogether...moreover quality of serials and TRPs never go hand in hand...they have an inverse relation...when the quality of the serial is bad...the TRPs are skyrocketing and when the serial is actually good the trps are comparatively lower...so wise ppl should stay away from this TRP game.And as claimed by one of the CVs of SGP...they dont work for TRPs ...so hope they continue with this and show meaningful episodes...but only until they have a story to tell.

tejeshec IF-Rockerz
tejeshec
tejeshec

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 4:30am | IP Logged

I dont understand , what is it with just lame Romantic scenes, if there is no story how can you keep watching the chipka chipkee at 7.30 ???? and why?? SGP is a story based serial,  how long would they be able to keep people attracted with scenes like the one in promo everyday, are we watching a xrated show???  I want SGP to finish when there is NO more story to tell, and at the moment there are stories to cover, Suhana has to grow up as a woman, which she has started to but have a long distance to cover, Ishaan would look awful in hormone struck guy who would only give puppi and jhappi , I would stop watching SGP when they would change there story line and make it like a cheesy serial, no matter how much I adore Ragini, but I would not back her up in a project which has no material and nothing to perform but just lot of hottiness, now I am 100% sure the promo is for the TRP grabbing technique of Star.

Ofcourse the promo is for TRP grabbing technique...But one thing we need to understand is that without the TRP's I don't think any channel will support the show however good it is......It is plain business......We need to first draw audiences for which we need attractive promos and only then we can make them stay based on the show's content. ....

I am not saying we always need lame romantic scenes as promos but there is no harm in showing romance which makes sense..Even I don't like the couple to perform an out and out bollywood romantic number in their dreams but showing romance in the most realistic way is what attracts audience.......

And the competition is so intense these days among channels that any dip for a sufficient enough time will lead to the end and we don't want that...Atleast end it as per the schedule...It is too early to worry about these things now as the TRP is not that bad but still better prevented than cured as they say...............  
infinity00 IF-Rockerz
infinity00
infinity00

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 4:40am | IP Logged
I know what you are saying , if the story demands a romantic scene, yeah by all means show everything but if there is no space for it in the story and it is forced then obveiously you cant watch that kind of  useless crap for long. If the TRP is low and  Star wants to shut SGP by all means I would accept that but in the name of competition I will not be part of SGP if SGP go down in there story line, there are thousands of SGP fan who only watch for its simplicity and realistic approach towards life, Star Plus has nothing to do with these concept , for them Jo BIKTA HAI WOH DHIKAOO, even if it only grab TRP for a short period they dont care and once the story goes down it is difficult to get hold of it .
I agree about competiton but one should not compromise on quality.

Edited by venture - 11 March 2011 at 4:41am
tejeshec IF-Rockerz
tejeshec
tejeshec

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 4:56am | IP Logged
SGP is different and that difference was spotted by its viewers. But for that the  audience had to watch the show right????....Promos always play a part in drawing audience for a first look...So there is no harm in luring audience to watch a good show like SGP by whatever means....But as you rightly said the content shouldn't be manipulated at this stage...

Do whatever you want with the promos but if content is not adulterated then it should be fine...Having said that the promos shouldn't be misleading either....
madhu_d Senior Member
madhu_d
madhu_d

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 5:00am | IP Logged

Really i was surpised to see this kind of promo that to from a SGP team....they want to bring back those audiences who left the show as such nothing was shown as per their expectations & lines.. i  want sweet n cute romantic scenes but not hot like that of which they airing at present...I think OBS was much better than this...the flow of transformation of lolita was shown beautifully..but here they r messing up the things...

In an interview Rag & jai both were saying that these characters cannot do such  kind of things blah...blah......n supriyaji was condemning them saying  u never know ..that means this was there in the mind of CV's ..So finally SGP is also in the race of  TRP game......thats it....Wait N watch.....

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

infinity00

infinity00 IF-Rockerz
infinity00
infinity00

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 5:20am | IP Logged
Promo has excited  people now if they dont find it in the episode they will be cheesed off, I have no problem show a full feldge bed scene , it might bring the TRP up for a week , what about the next week and then ??? my point is if the product is good it would sell even if the pacakging is not shiny, Saathiya is number 1 show, I dont watch it , but even after being a typical story its doing well for the audiances who like those kind of thing, there is also a big market for SGP, from masses to classes, even if if the TRP is 2 or 3 it would still generate the revenue to fill up the over flown pockets of Star. Please dont mess with the story.
For example if its only about money  then all the Govts should allow drugs to be sold legally and see where the revenue would go , but would it happen or is it moral, same in serials , they should concetrate on story and if the actors are doing justice with role the play would attract., bed room scenes looks good if done tastefully and according to the demad of the story not forced.
I think we all are saying the same thing but differently!!!
tejeshec IF-Rockerz
tejeshec
tejeshec

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 5:33am | IP Logged
Firstly according to the tracks shown so far Sushaan have not consummated their marriage...So whats wrong with the content shown in the promo....Promo suggests that they are about to consummate in coming episodes...I don't think this will ruin SGP's essence in any way....

And it was shot really well I should say without any vulgarity...Also Ishaan can't remain bhondu forever...As time passes he is becoming more confident and that resulted in him shouting @ Suhaana yesterday....

So showing any such sequence doesn't mean that Ishaan and Suhaana are out of their character or it is out of SGP's soul...CV's have always tried to slightly bend the rules when it comes to audience demands..For example tjhe Sanjana - Deepak track added just based on the feedback they got...

Small tweaking here and there should be fine as long as the core remains in tact......

And regarding money and business I don't want to fall in that discussion....It is a never ending one as it depends on the individuals involved as to where to draw the line..............
infinity00 IF-Rockerz
infinity00
infinity00

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 6:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tejeshec

Firstly according to the tracks shown so far Sushaan have not consummated their marriage...So whats wrong with the content shown in the promo....Promo suggests that they are about to consummate in coming episodes...I don't think this will ruin SGP's essence in any way....

And it was shot really well I should say without any vulgarity...Also Ishaan can't remain bhondu forever...As time passes he is becoming more confident and that resulted in him shouting @ Suhaana yesterday....

So showing any such sequence doesn't mean that Ishaan and Suhaana are out of their character or it is out of SGP's soul...CV's have always tried to slightly bend the rules when it comes to audience demands..For example tjhe Sanjana - Deepak track added just based on the feedback they got...

Small tweaking here and there should be fine as long as the core remains in tact......

And regarding money and business I don't want to fall in that discussion....It is a never ending one as it depends on the individuals involved as to where to draw the line..............
you are absolutely right, agree with you , but what is with this "so far Sushaan have not consummated their marriage" do they have toshow it ???? I think the way they are going is just fine, we got the hint, they went on honey moon they came back , they cant show everything happened everynight, they are happily married now, what I can make as they are showing everything naturally, I wouldnt want to know what happens behind the closed door, there relationship is progressing, promo was just to show how they have become a love bird, nothing to do with showing them doing doing ITLOLLOL, I am very happy with the way they are keeping the innocence and beauty of there relationships, promo is a promo, even in the episode it will be a good romantic scene . SGP is very good in drawing the line , its Star which increase and decrease there limits all the timeLOLLOL

Go to top