Pratigya

GEC watch : Pratigya No.5

dhakarn thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago

GEC Watch: Colors regains No. 2 position

By afaqs! news bureau, afaqs!, Mumbai, March 11, 2011
Section: News Category: Media Publishing

Colors displaces Zee to occupy the No. 2 spot; SAB TV continues its lead over Sony.

TAM data for the week ended March 5 (C&S 4+ HSM) shows that Viacom 18's Colors is back to its No. 2 position. Colors was dethroned from this spot by Zee in the previous week. This week, Zee has been pushed down to No. 3.

Colors has regained its position by adding six points during the week, capturing 231 GRPs, while Zee lost 16 points and captured 217 GRPs in week 10. Similarly, the relative channel share of Colors also saw an upswing from 18.3 per cent, to 18.8 per cent, while Zee's channel share fell from 18.9 per cent, to 17.6 per cent.

SAB continues its lead over parent concern Sony Entertainment Television, and occupies the No. 4 position. However, SAB loses 10 points to capture a total of 143 GRPs. Its channel share, too, has dropped from 12.4 per cent, to 11.6 per cent.

Sony, on the other hand, though at the No. 5 position right below SAB, has gained four points during the week to garner 140 GRPs. The channel's share has also seen a minute upswing of 0.4 per cent that has brought it up to 11.4 per cent over the previous week's 11 per cent.

Though STAR Plus retains its No. 1 position, it loses 17 points this week. From 297 GRPs captured during the previous week, the channel slips down to 280 GRPs this week. STAR Plus' channel share falls from 24.1 per cent to 22.7 per cent.

At the No. 6 position sits Imagine TV with 73 GRPs, that is, two points more than the previous week's 71 GRPs; the channel's share this week is 5.9 per cent.

DD1 and STAR One occupy the No. 7 and No. 8 positions with 55 and 33 GRPs, respectively. While the channel share of DD1 this week is 4.5 per cent (a significant increase from the previous week's 1.5 per cent), STAR One's is 2.7 per cent.

Sahara One (No. 9) and STAR Utsav (No. 10) saw no change from the previous week in their respective channel shares of 2.4 and 2.3, while Zee Smile (No. 11) lost a tiny part of its share and fell from 0.4 per cent to 0.3 per cent.

The list of 10 most-watched programmes is led by Zee's Pavitra Rishta, which clocked a TVR of 5.86. Second on the list is STAR Plus' Saathiya Saath Nibhana, with a TVR of 4.91 per cent. Colors' Laagi Tujhse Lagan is third on the list with a TVR of 4.3 per cent.

Fourth and fifth on the list are STAR Plus' offerings Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai and Pratigya, with TVRs of 4.25 per cent and 4.17 per cent, respectively.

Colors' Balika Vadhu also garnered a TVR of 4.17 per cent (sixth place), while Zee's Yahan Mein Ghar Ghar Kheli was not too far behind, with a TVR of 4.16 per cent (seventh place).

The last three programmes (in descending order) on the list are SAB's Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah (3.98 per cent), Colors' Uttaran (3.9 per cent), and Sony's C.I.D. (3.68 per cent).

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Alwayshopeful thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing Dhanya!!πŸ˜ƒ

PR seems to be a good oneπŸ˜•πŸ˜Š
elle45 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thank you for sharing 😊

Btw, what do they mean by TVR of 4.17 percent? That in a 100 ppl, only 4 people are watching MKAP? That's it? 😲
piyarapiyari thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thanks for sharing and wants pratigya to b no 1 it,s best and better than others
dhakarn thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: elle45

Thank you for sharing 😊

Btw, what do they mean by TVR of 4.17 percent? That in a 100 ppl, only 4 people are watching MKAP? That's it? 😲

well i think u r giving it too much of a thought dear..........in india the television density is very low and add cable connection to that and u will get a poor number..........the record is for IPL with 12 something and then followed by dabaang or 3 idiots premiere with 9 something .....don't worry MKAP has reached upto 6........this is in hindi GECs..............and regional GECs rules in india more than hindi channels............for eg : in kerala the most watched program gets  15 TRP ratings ................so i think its just numbers 😊
elle45 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: dhakarn

well i think u r giving it too much of a thought dear..........in india the television density is very low and add cable connection to that and u will get a poor number..........the record is for IPL with 12 something and then followed by dabaang or 3 idiots premiere with 9 something .....don't worry MKAP has reached upto 6........this is in hindi GECs..............and regional GECs rules in india more than hindi channels............for eg : in kerala the most watched program gets 15 TRP ratings ................so i think its just numbers 😊

I know 4 is a very good rating. I just never knew that TRPs mean percentages of viewership. Just think even 4 percent comprises such a large population.

Truly wish that one day MKAP reaches a TVR of 10... breaking all records 😊