Ode To A Wonderful Person : Please Read

havokhotline thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Hey :D
I know I'm on my temporary exile from this forum =P But the wonderful person I'm referring to told me I should go check out what people had to say about my previous post : The Small Message.
I was stunned guys.
Seriously, I didn't expect any of you to reply, let alone be so encouraging. Thank you, so much. :)
I'm going to write now about a person who's made such an impact on me. I don't know how many of you can relate to this, it's basically about our friendship. :)
A : This one's for you.
" You are a social worker? You look like a druggie!" That is the first thing I told you when I met you for the first time. I was staring at you like you were nuts (YOU HAD SIX TATTOOS! Don't blame me!) and you gave me a pitiful look. I am a cynic. I've not had the hardest life but in my fifteen years I've seen a lot of things I can't digest. That's part of the reason I got into social service. To understand that not most people are as fortunate as I am. And all you could say after that was, "Are you a Virgo? You seem like one. You're so loud and opinionated."
We have a weird, twisted friendship, you know? When we met for the first time we did everything from screaming at each other, playing in the beach, going to a slum and banging my Mom's car into a lamp-post. :) You're in college, I'm in school. So my Ma let you drive. Biggest mistake of her life. :|
We became "semi-friends" in a crucial time of my life. My family was going through a tough financial crisis. I was all alone at home and I was beginning to crack. I spent all my time at school or with social work, just to get my mind off the situation at home. One day, I was so upset I sat at my room and broke down. It was hard.. as a fifteen year old it was becoming harder by the day, with no one to talk to. All of a sudden as I was in my room, my cell-phone rang and I found to my suprise, that you were on the other line. You wanted to know at which shelter I volunteered but you stopped talking once you heard my voice. Ahh, I still cringe at the memory. I rarely ever cry and when I do, I know I'm a wreck. You asked me what was wrong and all I told you was that I was having a hard time at home and felt rather alone. You hung up the call. Needless to say, I didn't expect you to care a damn about my problems. I wiped away my tears and began doing housework. It was 7:30pm then. At 8:17, the bell rang.
And there you were. Till today, I don't know what propelled you to search for my address in a directory and land up at my house. You pulled me into a giant hug and made Maggi for me and waited till I slept and then you left. I can never thank you enough for that.
You come home when I'm sick and make me soup, you help me with my Economics homework, you volunteer with me wherever I go, You run to my house from whichever corner of the city you're in if I tell you I had a bad day.. I don't know.. I don't know from where you landed up and did so much for me. Just eight months, but I would've been clueless without you. You transformed me. :)
You do a lot of wrong things and I wish I could change that. But here's to all the good things you do :) *Cheers* I want to see you succeed in everything, you truly deserve it. You're the best guy I've ever met. I don't know any other guy who'd eat all my mom's food and play football with my nephew. =) You're one of my most cherished friends. We fight everyday, but heck! You're such a genuine, caring, sweet person and you deserve the best. I hope to see you in the future with many more tattoos, a steady girlfriend (atlease for once =P), and a degree in MicroEconomics! =D
A month ago you lost your wallet. As usual, we had a fight about how utterly careless you are and you went off to find, telling me that there's a lot of important stuff in it. You looked for it for a week, I guess and I forgot to ask you about it later. This morning, when I was cleaning my room I found it beneath the bed.
No money, no change, no tickets and no drugs either (I'm still convinced you're a drug addict! :P First impressions last forever) Haha. :)
The first letter I wrote you. That's all it had.
You can put a smile upon my face faster than I can say "Hate you."

Lastly, Thank you, A. So much. I just wanted to remind you that I love you. :) Here's to many years of us being friends and torturing poor unsuspecting souls in this world :D!
__
Comment?
Edited by havokhotline - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

havokhotline thumbnail
Oh man..  Still don't feel like I've done justice to you :)
SimplyAparajita thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Omg.. You have got such a sweetest friend... You are so lucky to have him...and your memories are more sweeter...you know its like you get your angel who comes from nowhere and pulls you out of darkness without letting you even know that you are changed..am kinda very senti person.. I had tears strolling down my cheeks while reading your post... Your buddy will be very happy when he will come to know about this ode :) :) god bless you both... :) :) :) may your friendship lives and strengthens happily forever.... Tc..
TOTAL-ROMANTIC thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Awww..that was a sweet sweet story of a beautiful friendship..Hope you are always together..!! GOd bless..!!
cutemug thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wow,I really love your writing..and I also loved your earlier posts😳
I wish everyone gets a friend like yours,
Please Do write more,
Cheers,😊

Mugdha
--sunshine-- thumbnail
awwwwwwww............ dats so cte story i guss everybody shud be blessed wid such gr story
and u wrote it up so perfectly
now no wrds to say and i jst want to give u thisπŸ‘πŸ€—
MyArchangel thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
thats so sweet..................
PriyaThakur thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

its very touching story yaar.....you r lucky to hv this freindship......i really admire your freindship..........thanx......πŸ‘

Ameres thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
It was beautiful. You are lucky to have such a friend. May your friendship grow and last forever. :)
thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: havokhotline

Oh man..  Still don't feel like I've done justice to you :)

Given you really know this lad, you have done justice to the flick. It is a marvelous read, no two ways bout that. πŸ˜Š

Well, I sorta know what it feels like to have such a friend - when there's a constant love-hate development between the two of you and eventually, you realize that without them, you can't make it through any blood thing under the sun. Now, I'd take my turn to be cynical and let you know something - a friend like this lost, wouldn't ever come back. Everything may go right, but you wouldn't even be in a state to decipher the missing out of your life, and that'd propel you the door to your heart thing completely get shut and locked, after which you'd throw away its keys. So, if this is the right person - never let him go, be a devoted and a rather 'hateful' friend! πŸ˜›

When it is your own experience that you're penning, you tend to bring the best outta yourself like you did with this one. You write terrific, babe! And of course, we both write differently. πŸ˜†

-Kankshita