TOI:Its important to be nice- Angu

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 6:37pm | IP Logged

ITS NICE TO BE IMPORTANT BUT,ITS MORE IMPORTANT TO BE NICE 

ACTOR,INTERIOR DESIGNER AND PHILOSOPHER BY NATURE,ANGAD HASIJA,IS A QUINTESSENTIAL KANDIVALITE,DISCOVERS SWATI SONI 

R SridharEditor 

>> ANNOUNCING,MY TIMES! 

The Times of India Group is proud to launch My Times - a fortnightly tabloid that marks yet another milestone in Community Journalism,after the Pluses.The inaugural issue - My Times Kandivali - will aim to provide you with all the information about your area,its people,issues,decision-makers,hang-out joints,entertainment,shopping.... the works! 
Community journalism is locally oriented,professional news coverage that typically focuses on city neighbourhoods,individual suburbs or small towns,rather than metropolitan,state,national or world news.If the Pluses were defined as 'hyperlocal',My Times can be defined as 'microlocal' ! Such microlocal coverage often plays a vital role in building and maintaining neighbourhoods.According to information available in wikipedia,in the United States,about 97 percent of newspapers are classified as "community" newspapers,with circulations below 50,000.Their combined circulation,nearly 109 million,is triple that of the combined circulation of the country's large daily newspapers! So you can imagine! 
So,what's in it for you 
To put it mildly,a lot! We are looking at you to feed us with information about Kandivali,about what you like and dislike about the place,how to improve it,profile some interesting people living there,organise events... essentially,celebrate your existence there.
Do let us know your feedback to this inaugural issue,and you are welcome to make your suggestions.After all,this is your paper.
Write to us on [email protected] reading and connecting!

Related Articles 

'IT'S NICE TO BE IMPORTANT BUT, IT'S MORE IMPORTANT TO BE NICE' 

MYT Kandivali [Next]

An interior designer by profession and a schizophrenic on television,Angad Hasija has been an over-night hit.With his debut success as Alekh in Rajan Shahis Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai,Hasija is now all set to woo audiences as the lead in Siddharth Tewarys Phulwa.
Originally from Chandigarh,Hasija came to Mumbai and Kandivli merely few years ago.Not too keen on taking up acting as a profession,Hasija was prodded into it by his mother,Bubbly,who had immense faith in his talent.I was fortunate to get the big break in Bidaai.I am proud to be Shahis discovery, says Hasija.
The boy is now looking forward to his next role,Phulwa is being talked about for its unique realistic story inspired by Phoolan Devis life.My character has several grey shades -- very different from what I have done before. 
Work-life balance is important Hasija claims to be a blessed person.He had an arranged marriage with his wife,Pari whom he is madly in love with.Pari was again his mothers choice and comes from Chandigarh as well.Pari is the best gift my mother gave me.We courted for a year before we married.Pari stood by me through thick and thin, smiles Hasija who chose to hide his marriage till he became a successful and famous actor.Then,I introduced her to the world.My wife loves being called a successful actors wife. 
Hasija cant stop praising his wife.She compliments me perfectly.She has brought stability to my life. And of course,the doting dad,says,Our daughter,Angel,is the best gift my wife has given me. 

FUTURE PLANS 

Speaking about his inspiration within the industry,he names Salman Khan and Sushmita Sen.Working with them is on my wish list. 
Being on the road to stardom,Kandivli is definitely well located.He laughs,Its well-connected to Film City,Mira Road and Andheri.Everything is available at your door-step. Plus,the added benefit is the fact that its a green,peaceful place with a cosmopolitan culture but without the crowd of Lokhandwala and Malad.I cant think of living in any other area, he insists.
Hasija also looks ahead,I definitely want to do reality shows and also act in films.Challenging roles turn me on.Life gives me a high.Mumbai is a city that accepts everyone.The vibes are fantastic and I am proud to be part of the entertainment industry in this city. 

PHILOSOPHER BY NATURE 

The fitness conscious actor who regularly works out and takes utmost are of his diet,smiles,What you eat is important but what is eating you is more important. 
For this firm believer in God who loves going to the Siddhivinayak temple,philosophy is a part of life.He spouts truisms with the ease of the learned,Its nice to be important but,it is more important to be nice.God doesnt have an answering machine.He answers each call personally.If you are honest,you will get the opportunities you deserve.Eventually,life does right things for you. 
And Hasijas perfect life is proof of the pudding.

Pari is the best gift my mother gave me.We courted for a year before we married.Pari stood by me through thick and thin 

[Previous] MYT Kandivali [Next]

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

KopsAnu_XD

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "TOI:Its important to be nice- Angu" in Phulwa forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.