Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

Destiny's Play-Pt LXV,LXVI,LXVII-126,133,138-19/3 (Page 32)

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 7:50am | IP Logged

Part LIII

Geet excused herself from the programme at 7.00 p.m. as informed earlier and hurried to the exit. As she was coming out she was shocked to see Maan standing near the door, looking impatiently at his watch.  She least expected to see him there and did not know how she will explain herself. From his look she could make out that he was furiously mad. She braced herself to face the worst and said a little prayer in her mind to help her through this sticky situation. As soon as he spotted her he approached her menacingly and on reaching her, he whispered harshly to follow him.  She meekly followed him out of the hotel.

He walked up to the Gateway of India which was just a stone's throw from the hotel and sat down on the wall lining the most popular monument of the city. Geet followed him and sat next to him. The waves thrashed on the walls, much like the tumultuous thoughts and questions in Maan's mind. Expecting to get shouted at, maybe even thrashed, Geet was surprised to see him so quiet. His deafening silence was more frightening and ominous than his shouts. As she was seated close to him, she could hear him grit his teeth even above the sound of the waves. He held the wall tightly till his fist turned white.

Maan was aware that there were people around them. He did not want to make a spectacle of himself or his wife in their presence but the rage within him was straining to be unleashed. He was barely able to keep it in check. He looked at her with bloodshot eyes which reflected his anger but overriding that was the stark pain at having been betrayed. This broke her even more than his anger did.  She wished he would just slap her, for the pain of that would have been far less than what she was feeling now, seeing him hurt. She could not meet his accusing and wounded eyes. 

"Maan...", she hesitatingly started.

He lifted his hand to shut her up.

"Did you pay up the margin money for my loan?" he asked her with growing apprehension that the answer will be in the affirmative.

As he expected, she nodded her head. Narrowing his eyes, he persisted, "Did you also ask Mr.Kanwar to keep that information from me so that I can be fooled into believing that my loan was cleared on the basis of my credibility?"

She did not respond but looked down guiltily.

"Am I so useless Geet?" he asked in a pained voice.

Geet looked up at him in shock. What made him say such a thing? Before she could respond, he continued, "Am I incapable of providing for my family? Have I failed you? Have you lost faith in my abilities?"

Geet placed her fingers against his mouth to stop him. He pushed away her fingers brusquely and continued.

"Who gave you the right to interfere in my affairs without asking me first?" he spat out.

"I am your wife, Maan. I have promised to share your burdens and I will. I cannot stand back and see you suffer alone. If I am in a position to help, then I will. I am prepared to face the consequences of my decision."

"So, now I have been reduced to taking your help, from a woman I am supposed to take care of. I am not man enough to shoulder my responsibilities, am I?" he asked in a stinging tone, but keeping his voice low with great difficulty, as he did not want to attract the attention of the people around.

Geet tried desperately to make him understand she thought no less of him. "Maan, I had no intention to slur your manhood. You are no less of a man now than before." 

He cut her shot before she could continue. "Why did you lie to me? Why did you not tell me that you were singing professionally in order to make money to help me achieve my dream?"

"Would you have let me to, if I had told you?" she questioned him back.

"I have no problems with your singing. You have a right to utilise your talents the best way you can but I would not have let you help me to achieve my dreams. I need to achieve them on my own."

"What do you mean by 'your' dreams? Are they not mine too? When will you understand that they are our dreams? When will you remove the words 'me', 'my', 'mine' from your dictionary and substitute them for 'us', 'our' and 'ours'? Am I not a part of you? Why do you treat me as a separate entity? The day I married you, I have become a part of your life and you have become a part of mine.  I can understand why you did not want to take a loan from my mother. You did not want to take my jewellery because they were gifted by my parents. I can understand that too. But this money is solely earned by me. There is no other person's hand in it. Then why can I not use the money I earned to achieve our dreams? How am I belittling you in doing so? Yes, I remitted the money in the bank but they sanctioned the loan not based on that money alone but also based on your business plan. After all, the bank has to ascertain the capacity of the person taking the loan to repay it in time. Money cannot buy everything. It has to be backed by ability which is in you and is recognised by others as well."

Maan looked at his wife in shock. He never expected this tirade from her. Geet then continued, "Marriage is a partnership, not a sole proprietorship concern. Marriage is the coming together of two individuals, not only to make love and to make babies, but also to support and be there for each other in good times and in bad. If we do not step up for each other in times of need, the institution will collapse. Where is it written that only the man should be the provider for his family? When you can help me with my cooking can I not help you in your business?"  Maan did not know how to respond to this immediately.

After a while he said softly, "I want to take care of you Geet, to provide you all the comforts in life. How do you think I feel knowing that you are doing for me all the things I need to be doing for you?" 

"How do you think I felt knowing that you went hungry to bed after lying to me that you had a feast, just to make sure that I had a full dinner?"

He looked at her in astonishment. "How did you know about that?" he asked her.

"The next morning, before Pinky came to our house to return the money I had given her earlier, your friend Pramod had called you up to inform that he has postponed his visit to India by a fortnight.  Since you were in the shower, I had answered that call. I did not convey that message because I did not want to embarrass you but I knew then that you had not eaten anything the previous night. How do you think I felt when I realised that I had deprived you of food?"

"You did not deprive me of anything, Geet."

"But is it not the same thing? I felt terrible that you returned after a hard day's work and went to sleep on an empty stomach while sitting at home, I ended up having a full meal. I could not sit back and let you suffer on your own." She burst out crying. Maan's heart went out to her. He tried to wipe her tears but she shook his hands away.

"You don't need to console me. However hard I try I cannot erase the wall you seem to have erected around yourself. I cannot make you see us as one unit. You will continue to harp on fulfilling your dream by yourself and your need to take care of me. Am I so helpless that I need to be constantly taken care of? Can I not extend help when I can? Can I not be your equal partner?"

Hot tears were falling fast down her cheeks, piercing his heart. He couldn't bear it any longer. He dragged her into his arms and kissed her forehead."I am sorry, darling.  Thanks for reminding me that you are my better half. I forgot that after marriage my dreams have become our dreams. I wanted to clear all the stones and thorns from the path to success before taking you along it. Now I understand that we need to clear them together so that we can reach our destination faster. Will you forgive this stubborn egoistic moron?"

"Only if you forgive this interfering, secretive liar," she stipulated her condition.

"Done," he said raising his thumb.

"Done," she responded raising hers, her lips widening into a smile.   

He got off the wall and holding her by her waist, he swung her down.

Both of them then walked to the nearest taxi stand hands around each others' waists.  

Continued here

Edited by Opti - 12 March 2011 at 7:08pm

The following 138 member(s) liked the above post:

pyarisahelidpurvainlwgeetchintushilpasan1989Candy_jsstar432jaasz_25canonvidz.manirajnikitaagarwal06sribhavananeetugarg123angeljyotiajolieAISHAJSshinedossssree12anuvenuchkrishna.fizza25gagsykasturi11asmi123sonupatGemmmans22lakshmisalvadiannie03nonabebudrashtipatel30-Elfin-kkaavvyyaaMSgayatripreet.harmanrost-BeingAppy-cue1anaum91Moon002sweet-mishtyshruthiruchsimli95NoshiMaaneetsnehapriyasessyapril12keerthi90Tamanna_TJDiva7CrystalSayaHADmishti-eiya-mishtibHawtieSeepneha512zoha25cutemishtimystique_girlSwaatiishivangi783Be.edgymyedward12nan_10s-o-m-m-i-emaaneetkimeetXXaquafireXXmansijani21star_777CuteTommyEscapistbabygurl10KkadssDhara_sAnvi2009Cutee999bd670816dreamy4everninaviJayaRjazzerette-shamima-DrashtiDhamiNo1MsMovieloverjwalamukhigangesegbanmirzanats0101kshubhangi-Zahra15-jayshu17simi91Hanishadeviluv_DDsanu3108mrk-1krati5-memorable-Krishnaluv94smj1977.shrutiushankitvcmaankigeet4ever-Veritaserum-anjucoolPreethi-PremibmtdluverPaintedSkysmallvillepunjabi.princesswan20pop77kashishkjanu_2006--aarthi----Ratna---afsha-monikasethmitzi11SoapoperasrfunroseinbloomhoneygrapepreethiaShalveseemamaryRageOfAnAngelCraziest_MGammu5Loquacious_AashMadhuri53BrainEaterOwlCrazyCutesy-BlushaLicious-khwaishfanspvdnotfadedawayKrishna_Sourav.CookieMonster.tabby999

lalitha.. IF-Dazzler
lalitha..
lalitha..

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 8:02am | IP Logged
wow thats nice update..........ur geet tackled the situation in very convincing way...........really liked d conversation b/n maan nd geet.......

Edited by satya_narayana2 - 12 March 2011 at 8:03am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

asmi123

SaritaMSK Goldie
SaritaMSK
SaritaMSK

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 8:02am | IP Logged
Ok ok tht was a long reply. I do understand:-) go ahead with d way u r comfortable:-)
Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 8:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by satya_narayana2

wow thats nice update..........ur geet tackled the situation in very convincing way...........really liked d conversation b/n maan nd geet.......
Thanks satya.  Geet knows her Maan well. If she reasons with him, he'll understand.  She was lucky that they were in a public place where Maan really could not give full vent to his anger and was forced to listen to her. It would have been more difficult had they been at their home.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

lalitha..

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 8:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sarita21992

Ok ok tht was a long reply. I do understand:-) go ahead with d way u r comfortable:-)
thanks for understanding.
smj1977.shruti IF-Rockerz
smj1977.shruti
smj1977.shruti

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 8:12am | IP Logged

thank you Opti

for handling the situation so aptly

it's nice they sat ina public place where Maan was forced to hear her

nice coice
my standing applauseClapClapClapClap

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

asmi123anuvenuch

SaritaMSK Goldie
SaritaMSK
SaritaMSK

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 8:12am | IP Logged
Just went thru d recent part. As i said u would make everythin right in no time, d same happened. On a lighter note, i was laughing on d tense situation coz instead of maan it was geet who had to be tendered:-) bt srsly loved d turning of tables. Appreciating d writer even more:-)
fizza25 Groupbie
fizza25
fizza25

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 8:14am | IP Logged
NICE UPDATE!!!

Go to top