India-Forums

Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

~~~Critics Corner #8~~~ (Page 3)

saaaz IF-Dazzler
saaaz
saaaz

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 9:27pm | IP Logged
@Shal....Don't worry the show will not go off the air...it will feed on the little bit of media attention it gets....becos if the groups decide to take action, the channel responds with an apology and the show goes on...becos the channel will know that NOW after all that attention more people will watch...

So don;t worry it wont go off air...but it will bring the issue forefront...

On another note...let us not be that selfish and say just to keep the show on air, they can potray women the way they want with extreme nature with respect to thinking, self-respect, respect for others and face no repercussions for any.

The only hope I was having throughout the episode was that when Shaan comes to know of all this...HE GIVES EVERYONE A PIECE OF HIS MIND....but that is how much I love this crappy show...holding on like an idiot

Edited by saaaz - 10 March 2011 at 9:29pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sweetsutesimikrrooj-i

simikr IF-Rockerz
simikr
simikr

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 9:36pm | IP Logged
Guys am at work but this issue is too close to my heart to say nothing abt it!! And I agree with most everybody that its something too serious( more than MMS, trust etc...), its a moral and very sensitive issue and the audience watches closely..and lot of young women may think that this is the right way of handling unwanted pregnancies when its not!!! Again as I said before, Why approach a serious issue when they don't want to handle it properly? The show had such a good opportunity to do it right instead they botched it!!!

Edited by simiv - 10 March 2011 at 9:39pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

saaaz-SYS--YasharanArshi-adventure_gurlrooj-i

-YasharanArshi- IF-Rockerz
-YasharanArshi-
-YasharanArshi-

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 9:38pm | IP Logged
Saaz - I think that would happpen ... At one point ... Shaan will lose his cooool and get irritated with everyone including Khanak at their attempts to force him into fatherhoood ....

Otherwise there would be no Logical end to this track ..... Maybe after Shaan's outburst where he speaks about his childhooood without his parents love and care .... Khanak realises and drops that idea ...

Somewhere in middle of this ...as Akki was the ideal child and SunAvi's more favourite one .... Akki will realise that their decision was wrong ... and somehow convince Khusbooooo to try for a second time !!!!!!!

Did I say Logical End ?? Oh I just meant an End !!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

saaazsimikrrooj-i

rooj-i IF-Sizzlerz
rooj-i
rooj-i

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 9:47pm | IP Logged
So after a long while I watched the Epi and I changed my mind and had a whole new thought about how the show was presented.

I don't mean to offend anyone with my views but I'm only trying to be optimistic about it.

So here it goes...

Sunavi-Khanak scenes:

So it started off with Sunavi in an argument and being all sad. They were reacting justly but somehow when I was watching it I felt that they were taking things a bit lightly too. Idk why but it seemed either they knew that they had to or what but it seemed they were ready and it wasn't like a serious act. the BG even helped the mood to be a bit lighter than the typical saas-bahu type. I mean we could see worse things here.

then comes in Khanak and from that moment it turned into a comedy track. When I was reading Teech's or Shal's update I thought like you all that why is Khanak trying to take her parents' advice or rather telling her FIL but when I was watching it a new thought occurred to me. Don't get me wrong because even I think it's ridicy (ridiculous)  to even think about telling your FIL or MIL that you want to get pregnant. I mean getting pregnant is not some prize or some item to be bought when you want it or how you want it and it's not something you want to announce it in public. You have to be sure that you want it and if it happens by chance you need to be prepared for it. But anyways what my main point that I was getting into was that when they were talking and when i was watching it, it hit me right there and then! the reason this track is taken lightly is because then it will be easier to make them and shanak see that it is not a joke and that the whole family's ridicy involvement won't solve things. These are emotional stuff and they need to be thought through rather than just breeze through it. I mean what if this is a good idea to present this whole situation like that so that in the future Shaan can really get on on his parents and his family and Khanak for doing something as stupid as this and we finally get the scolding we are looking for. I think CVs did it a deliberately to put the msg across in their own terms that people shouldn't cross their limits. Sometimes satire comedy can be the best way to put a msg across. 

Shanak scene:

Oh the scene that created the much discussion about seduction...as much as I would like to abuse the idea of seduction the way they presented it but I can't because for the first time Im appreciating it. Not because I got to see yasharan (sorry can't help it) in this whole act but only because I know they wanted to prove a point, which they did in the end with Shaan's words of assuring Khanak that he likes it the way she is. And we like Shanak just the way they are, simple and sweet romance with a tinge of comedy tadka in their own way. I am glad that CVs showed this because the scene was a complete hilarious scene and made the whole seduction idea, the way they showed, look like a crap and its good because that explains that even they prefer the emotional romance over this sexy romance. so for me the scene was really good because of the way they acted!

Akki-boo scene:

The most awaited and much talked about scene...I want to throw my everything at CVs for handling this situation so casually and lightly, especially the baalki ka bakra they made Akki look like as. But believe it or not abortion happens mostly by mommies who think they are not ready for it and sadly it is a part of life. again I'm glad that they covered that rather than going the miscarriage way, a much tried way in many hindi serials. (I know even abortion is done before but the outcome in those shows has been horrid and completely stupid). But they showed it in their own way that how Abortion is handled because you can either ruin your relationship with your husband if the hubby gets upset and leave you or you can either fix it together and frankly i think Akki did the right thing by not leaving his wife or getting angry at her because imagine how she must have been feeling when she was getting it done. This is where I don't like the CVs because they didn't show their anxieties and insecurities like they should've then we would've been more sympathetic towards this couple. of course I am against abortion but people are entitled to their opinion and this is not a topic that we can ignore.

Sunavi-akki-boo-khanak scene:

Oh the comical scene of the day...I'll be frank I didn't like the idea of them discussing all this in public and how Sunil forgave Akki-boo and the whole abortion scene was pushed to the side but i enjoyed it together not because of how the scene was but because how it was presented and how I kept laughing at their acts and get-ups!
most importantly i kept thinking about how when Shaan finds out he might just give them a piece of his mind and then we will get the real issue taken care of.
I feel that Shaan will give them scolding on our behalf and then they will talk about abortion too.

Idk bout u guys but i noticed when they start off a serious track, the result is never good and end up hating it. but when they start off a comedy track, the result is actually better than we expect and we end up loving it. I noticed that at the end of every comedy track, the result is always good and emotional ending to that track. ILY had it, leaving the house had it and what not...

Shaan-Sunil scene:

OMG I loved, loved this one! This showed me that our Shaan was back and that too his office files! I am sooo glad that they are picking this track again, making Shaan responsible. Oh yea I saw that in the whole comedy and only picked that up...

Shanak scene:

this was the cutest scene of the day...believe it or not it reminded me of old RBO when they were sleeping separately and were friends only. Especially the whole sukhi safai and the way Shaan challenged her. It was a scene to die for and it told me  that yes there is still that essence of original RBO there. again im glad they are picking that up in all this ridicy act.

So that was my take...I hope i was able to put my point across like I wanted to...

I loved everyone's acting today....nothing was OTT...it was really really good!

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

anyalolitank.mailsaaaz-SYS-jparker-Ray--YasharanArshi-destinylovesimikrtofeeeesadventure_gurlkubarebones88

saaaz IF-Dazzler
saaaz
saaaz

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 9:51pm | IP Logged
@Shal...don;t hold your breath....while it is my hope that Shaan shall actually REACT....the fact that they were so blase about it shocked me to no end....and I AM PRO_CHOICE.....I actually believe it should be a woman;s choice.....BUT not like how this was SHOWN....

If they had shown a scene with madhavi, khanak and boo discussing the issue and Mad and Khanak even ending up understanding the issue or the decision Boo made from Boo's perspective...that would be mature handling...this in addition to the scene between akki and boo....BUT yahan....complete cartoon characters bana diya...W*H????

COMPLETELY WRONG MESSAGE....

Abortion is serious....no matter which side of the issue you stand from 

Edited by saaaz - 10 March 2011 at 9:53pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

jparker-SYS--YasharanArshi-simikradventure_gurlkubarerooj-i

-SYS- IF-Dazzler
-SYS-
-SYS-

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 9:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rooj-i

Idk bout u guys but i noticed when they start off a serious track, the result is never good and end up hating it. but when they start off a comedy track, the result is actually better than we expect and we end up loving it. I noticed that at the end of every comedy track, the result is always good and emotional ending to that track. ILY had it, leaving the house had it and what not...

EXACTLY Rooj.
They don't do serious good.
I am okay with them doing comic tracks one after another
But taking something serious like abortion and then taking it so lightly-I am sorry but I am totally against it
Jo bhi kaho, however you try to explain it away the idea just offends me.

Okay your take of doing all this just to make the impact greater when Shaan finally lays it onto them-theek hai but indirectly discussing s-- with you FIL and MIL
Ugh.SO not palatable.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

saaaz-YasharanArshi-simikrrooj-i

saaaz IF-Dazzler
saaaz
saaaz

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 9:57pm | IP Logged
Today they made all the three women look like fools....

Boo...a supposedly progressive woman with confused brains

Khanak...a completely regressive woman with little brains

Madhavi...a cartoon character with no brains

and to top it all....on an issue that is extremely serious - 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

jparker-SYS--YasharanArshi-simikrrooj-i

-YasharanArshi- IF-Rockerz
-YasharanArshi-
-YasharanArshi-

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 9:59pm | IP Logged
Wow Rooooj .... Satire Comedy ... Quite Possible ....
I do hope thats where the track leads ... with SunAvi making them realise that Parenting is not a Kids Game ..... But a quite mature and sensible decision !!!!!!

I really Hope that CVs do surprise us with the way you presented it Roooj !
Seeing their past trend , I cannot reallly predict if Satire Comedy was on their Mind !!!!!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

jparkersaaaz-SYS-rooj-i

Go to top