India-Forums

Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

~~~Critics Corner #8~~~ (Page 16)

-SYS- IF-Dazzler
-SYS-
-SYS-

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 12:58pm | IP Logged
The whole camera rigging thing gave me a creepy voyeuristic feel later when I thought about it.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

jparker

SPN_JD_Addicted IF-Sizzlerz
SPN_JD_Addicted
SPN_JD_Addicted

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 1:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by aditee

Veena is going to ding us for "chatting"

So let me first make a RBO point and then I will make the FF/OS/SS comment

Shaan hates dogs so if he likes that mutt, he is ready to be a Dad?

So even Khanak does right? So how is she ready then?

What do the K parivar plan to do watching them secretly like that?

Do they hope to see Shaan fall in love with the dog

OR

See Shaan making out with her on the couch over the confusion caused by the dog?

Chal aaj 3rd story start karti hoon.......
Or so will try

Bold-OMG!!To confirm that they actually did 'it' so a child can be conceived lol.They were close to each other anyway.Didn't make any sense right,today's episode I mean!

Edited by SPN_JD_Addicted - 11 March 2011 at 1:15pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vaish_123Ashi22

tvrasika IF-Rockerz
tvrasika
tvrasika

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 8:25pm | IP Logged
Good morning friends!

Who is this Judith McNaught u all are talking abt? Never heard the name, am sorry to say. Is this 'Paradise' a famous novel?

I am actually very concerned abt RBO right now. Have u noticed the number of hits on the written updates? It has been steadily dropping.... Am very concerned. There must be a lot of silent readers who used to check out the updates and then watch the epi online. But that number has almost halved- I remember seeing more than 1500 hits before... now, even after 12 hrs of putting the update out, not more than 700 or 800 people have read.

This is not at all abt those writing the updates. Pls... if anyone misunderstands, let me clarify that my intention is not to criticise them. They r doing a fab job!

This is abt how interest in RBO seems to have fallen amongst regular, silent, readers of updates.

IF popularity need not always be authentic reflection of what goes on in the real world, but I also believe that as a statistical sample, IF is a pretty good indicator. Shows which are popular in TRP, within top 10, are popular in IF also (except for top 1 position, which seems very odd). Shows like Saathiya, Pratigya, Sasural Genda Phool, they are all popular on IF also. Some 2000 -3000 people read Saathiya updates.

If IF members are mostly young, educated, internet-savvy women, living abroad, then how come shows like Saathiya are more popular than RBO? I have nothing against Saathiya btw. I follow it on and off and I actually find it interesting. But I dont read the updates since I get to follow it live. I do visit that forum and there too, they are very vocal in expressing their opinions and yet so many people read the updates.

When and why have silent members stopped following RBO updates? That is my question. Pls do share your views.

Note to Veena- Am just using Saathiya as an example to explain my point.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.dsrvaish_123-SYS-aditee

tvrasika IF-Rockerz
tvrasika
tvrasika

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 8:28pm | IP Logged
Friends,
Regarding K family watching the goings-on thru CCTV, it's just supposed to be a comical take. Ofcourse they wont show the K family watching ShaNak getting intimate. RBO CVs are not that gross!

They made a mistake in showing Khushboo as part of that gang. After aborting her child, she has no right to have fun at the expense of her BIL being forced to become a father. That seems to be in bad taste.

But otherwise, showing ShaNak being scared of a dog, and Sunil-Madhvi laughing at them, wud have been just fine.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.dsrvaish_123-SYS-aditeeSPN_JD_Addicted

aditee IF-Rockerz
aditee
aditee

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 9:47pm | IP Logged
Gaayu,

I speak ONLY for myself. My interest in the SHOW is not even half of what it used to be. If I found a job on Monday, I would quit watching Iam sure.

My addiction is more centered around CC at this point.

dr.dsr Senior Member
dr.dsr
dr.dsr

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 1:30am | IP Logged
Hey Friends!!

Missed the epi dated 11th March 2011, last night.....got back home rather late!!

Caught the 1.00 PM repeat today....

Ok!! This must have deffo been discussed.....but just cant stop myself from raising this issue again.

The fundamental question....if an individual is convinced that he is still not ready for fatherhood, isnt forcing him into the same a potential disaster??!!!

Does K family not remotely seem to understand the simple fact that parenthood is a huge responsibilty, for which both the parties concerned should be mentally prepared for the next chapter in their lives!!!

The impending success of the so-called Mission Shaan is nothing short of a catastrophe waiting to happen....if only K family would accept the fact that 'responsibilty' doesnt happen overnight.....by clinching contracts, by fixing laundry, and by surplus donations!! AngryDead 
I mean....isnt that a given, considering Shaan's innate goodness.....and someone who has battled odds to restart a factory!!! Woudnt the current 'achievements' kinda completely pale in comparison???!!!!

Wouldnt we all agree, that 'Mission Possible' is nothing but an awareness that comes from within......a sense of realisation which cannot be forced upon....but has to....just has to come from the inner voice.....for it to be termed as a "sense of responsibilty"!!!

CVs....really cant figure whats on your minds??!!Confused.....but isnt it absolutely criminal to force a young unprepared lad into fatherhood, especially when he has the sensitivity and the sensibility to understand the complexity of the situation!!! (Reference to context: Shaan's comment to Rahul and Duck saying something to the effect that "Tum log nahin samjhoge...situation bahut complicated hai!!") CVs.....fatherhood is no child's play.....let the urge to become a father be heart-felt.....not some moronic gimmick of equating raising puppies to raising children!!!AngryAngry

Now over to what I love doing BEST......discussing humare do anmol ratan who manage to shine, even when the script manages to ever so effortlessly let them down.....time and time again!!!

KT.......A thumbs up for the following:

1) Superb portrayal of "Shaan" being deep in thought.....endorsing the 'gravity' of the situation when he is told by Madhavi about her inabilty to distribute the kitty party invites!!! LOL KTs expression to capture that moment.....Clap

2) Good improvisation by KT in the dialogue delivery of "waapas aya" vis-a-vis Shaan's comment on his 12th board results on seeing K family all gathered to 'welcome' him!!

3) Loved 'building agli baar ban jaayegi!!" LOL Brought a smile to my face along with Shaan's....

4) Shaan's worried look as he puts his head down in thought.....good use of expressions there....brought out the glaring disparity between the histrionics of KT and Manish to the fore.....the comparison inevitable here.....both the actors sitting side-by-side and enacting a similar moment....one improvises, and the other.......will just let that be!!!Ouch

5) Shaan's "mujhe kyon bhej rahi ho.....mujhe kutton se bahut dar lagta hai!!".....the sense of fear served on a comic platter.....job well done, Mr. Karan Tacker!!! Thumbs UpClap

Yashu.......A thumbs up for:

1) Her nagging wife act.....when Khanak starts her rants, there's just no stopping her!!LOL Her rants are so impactful that even KT cant help but comment in almost all his interviews that the secret to every successful man is a nagging wife!!ROFL Jokes apart, Yashu brought out the required essence bang-on!!Thumbs Up

2) Superb improvisation when Khank validates the list LOL even when not in focus.....the camera focusses on Shaan and Madhavi....Khanak is in the background.....but her discontent at the mismatch beteen the list and the grocery is clearly evident!! Job well done, Yashu!! Clap

3) A split-second expression when Khanak says 'Shantanu, kutta!!' and Shaan the budhthal is 'offended'!! LOL Yashu's perplexed expression at the absurdity of the situation is commendable!!!

In conclusion, my RBO moment of the day.....

Shaan walks into the kitchen and opens the fridge.....catches Khanak gulping down a tablet......absolutely LOVED the fluidity and natural ease of their conversation.....Shaan with his " Tum ye kaunsi dawai kha rahi ho, Khanak??" with Khanak's "sardard" action and answer to the question....
Loved the effortlessness of the hubby-wifey moment.....beautifully enacted by KT-Yashu......StarClap

CVs......would much rather prefer you guys to explore the multidimensional ShaNak equation in this fashion, especially in the light of the significance of the Dhulwadi trip....as against the ongoing circus!!!Dead

ShaNak and their multiple facets are so powerful.....the 'awareness' of 'Mission Possible' would have come, but naturally!! 

PS: Gaayu, I truly believe that it is the lack of consistency in the manner in which every track is being handled....be it the the callousness of the current pregnancy/abortion track....or the completely lost cause of the infidelity accusation issue......this, IMO, is the primary reason for the dwindling interest levels amongst members......what a sad state of affairs really, for a serial with unarguably the best lead cast in Indian TV today and a director leagues ahead in the understanding of her craft......if golden RBO was anything to go by!!!

Edited by dr.dsr - 12 March 2011 at 7:11am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

vaish_123-SYS--YasharanArshi-aditeetvrasikaSPN_JD_Addicted

tvrasika IF-Rockerz
tvrasika
tvrasika

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 2:58am | IP Logged
Doc D,
Lov ur take on the episode.... only you could do it so thoroughly! God knows how you manage, but really, its superb!

That scene near the fridge, thats deffo our anmol ratans improvising! These two, KT-Yashu, would enact 'ShaNak' in their sleep.... that good they areClap

As for the baby track, just heard from a friend who follows some CVs on a social networking site- there is not going to be any ShaNak baby. This track is probably to keep things going while people are engrossed in the World Cup and then the IPL. It's to provide some romantic, and/or comedy sequences for ShaNak.

So far as this is what we will see, I am o.k... am willing to go along and see what they show.

Where they have gone wrong in my view is in two places-

1. If the whole pregnancy track is about ShaNak, why even show Khushboo as getting pregnant and then aborting the baby? How has that story contributed in anyway to Shaan-Khanak having different views on parenthood? Was it just to show K-family getting involved in this matter? They could have shown that by Khushboo just making a statement that she is not ready to be a mother, and she cares about her figure etc.... Yes, the audience would be a bit upset but now the audience, at least here at IF, seem to hate Khushboo, after the abortion. Why unnecessarily make the audience hate a character they actually like? What can be achieved by that?Question

2. Rahul's story: The CVs have been trying for 4 months now to integrate Rahul into ShaNak story. But it is just not happening. The MMS was a huge blunder... Rahul was unnecessarily made a villain and the audience, a majority at least, havent forgiven him. It was made worse by showing him being forgiven easily by Shaan, instead of making him feeling remorseful and ashamed. Matters get even worse when he is given a new female character to love/seduce. The audience feel that not only is Rahul not punished, he is actually rewarded twice over! Sam didn't stop loving him because of the MMS. And now there is Jenny!ShockedConfused

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.dsrvaish_123-SYS-aditee

-YasharanArshi- IF-Rockerz
-YasharanArshi-
-YasharanArshi-

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 3:03am | IP Logged
Helllo people :)

Go to top