Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

India-Forums

its confirmed by aaj tak chang victory was fixed (Page 4)

Rapier IF-Rockerz
Rapier
Rapier

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 8:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nikitagmc

Originally posted by Rapier

no i'm not from india. and no, i've never heard of the channel. and i would like to see this channel and see how accurate it is. but let me also tell you that is this is all true and if the channel did "revealed the truth", then sony would've been sued big time for this by now! it's fraud. u take people's money and u don't base anything off of it? sony is a huge enterprise. it can't get away with stuff like that. nor can any other big enterprises. india has a government with law. and fraud is definitely a crime.

The news came just yesterday night (its been just 12 hours), so maybe the whole action taking thing will take some time. Anyways, things always go slower in India- legal processions are slow. 

I was just wondering who should be the one to complain against Sony and take action in case all this is true. The government? A public prosecuter? The contestants? I have high doubts the government or contestants are going to do anything- the government sometimes dismisses/ignores/closes even more serious crimes. I hope some public prosecuter takes this case or some news channel follows this story to the core.

uhhh no. the government doesn't do that. we are talking about 100 crores, not 100 rupees. and this is complete fraud! the government will definitely be in hot water if public got the wind of this and if they found out sony got away with it. so there is no question of dismissing it.

ami_31 Senior Member
ami_31
ami_31

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 8:50pm | IP Logged
Y

Originally posted by ami_31

Umm.. are you not from India??Embarrassed

Anyways, aaj tak is one of the 'biggies' if you can call it. One of the most popular hindi news channel, and they always get many awards for journalism. 

Come on. Do you believe now that whoever gets the award is the #1 or best in any field? Its really ironical, isn't it? May be aajtak is one of the top rated news channel in India but if we talk about quality of the news, I really doubt it.

I never said it is the best. Read my post again. I said- it is a BIG news channel, it is a BIG NAME and a BIG BRAND. And its POPULAR. I never said it always shows 100% correct news or that it is the best news channel. Personally my favourite news channel is NDTV India for Hindi and NDTV for English.
So, where is the connection between popularism, big brands and awards?  To prove about popularity, is it really needed to mention about awards. But our choices are same, I also like NDTV:)
nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 8:54pm | IP Logged

well that solves it. if it doesn't always show 100% correct news, then what's the guarantee this news is true? as i said, "innocent till proven guilty." and u can't prove anyone guilty with an unreliable source. but i would like to see the video anyway. and see for myself what the channel had to say and how it "proved" it.

and as i said earlier, if this was the truth and they showed the truth with accurate evidence, then sony would've been sued by now, which i don't think happened.

Well I frankly don't know whether they show 100% correct news or not. (just like I stated above). But it is too quick to quote the source as 'unreliable'. Every channel or news source falters at time, due to incorrect source placement or something, even TOI has done that at times- whereas it is easily one of the biggest, reliable and most read newspapers of India. . Aaj tak is a reputed name in itself. It wouldn't have survived so many years if it was just another masala brand- it is not. 

When negative articles about Sushant came in the papers, everyone was saying there is 'no smoke without a fire'  when WE were saying innocent until proved guilty??? Now how about thinking maybe there IS some smoke here as well instead of completely dismissing the storyBig smile--- the betting angle has never been considered before and is a completely new revelation.

But I will keep the same approach I kept at that time, and wait for more articles and news to come up and will analyse the story as a whole.Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Piyatrix

krait Groupbie
krait
krait

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 8:59pm | IP Logged
nikita and tanya you  people are wasting your time here... leave it guys nobody is going to believe this news in this forum bcoz it is not about Sushant

if a silly article says anything crap about Sushant  like him threatening the channel or fighting with canteen guy people are always ready to believe it.. no one wants to know how credible the source is
but when it is about chang people want to know the the source before believing anything..even after a top  and reputed news channel comes out with this news ...wah kya baat hai... superb logic.. double standards anyone

whats with these people coming up with "innocent until proven  guilty" funda... why they did not apply same logic in sushant's case also

for all the intellectuals jho gyaan bhanthe phir rahe the i just have one thing to say... please practice what you preach

Edited by krait - 10 March 2011 at 10:55pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

misskatrinaMamanadhahisushii.stefanandrebonnefillenikitagmcPiyatrix

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 9:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ami_31

Y[QUOTE=nikitagmc]

I never said it is the best. Read my post again. I said- it is a BIG news channel, it is a BIG NAME and a BIG BRAND. And its POPULAR. I never said it always shows 100% correct news or that it is the best news channel. Personally my favourite news channel is NDTV India for Hindi and NDTV for English.
So, where is the connection between popularism, big brands and awards?  To prove about popularity, is it really needed to mention about awards. But our choices are same, I also like NDTV:)
[/QUOTE

Connection is this:

Aajtak is popular amidst the masses and is generally considered a reliable source like TOI etc.
So it gets a large number of votes in the awards cos public votes for them in these award shows (in some award shows, winner is decided on the basis of public voting)

And thus, Aaj tak is a brand in itself. 

Yup, I like NDTV too. They present everything in a very subtle way without much dramatizing. Also they have very good reporters and presenters-- big names of the news world are all part of the channel too-- Pranoy Roy, Barkha Dutt etc.

But this much I will say about Aaj Tak--- I cannot vouch for the correctness of this info, just like I cannot do for NDTV as well, everything depends upon the sources and evidence they have got and they may be even wrong at times even though they are big channels--- but Aaj Tak is certainly not a masala news channel. It would not have survived so many years with a good name only cos of popularity. It has some big names attached with it as well.
EatPrayLove Senior Member
EatPrayLove
EatPrayLove

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 9:03pm | IP Logged
Hmmm. This is confusing. Not sure what to believe.

Can't say whether Aaj Tak is reliable or not, as Nikita said, it's the most popular channel in India, and yet I've always found whatever they show very over-dramatized and exaggerated.

blyton

Rapier IF-Rockerz
Rapier
Rapier

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 9:10pm | IP Logged

well that solves it. if it doesn't always show 100% correct news, then what's the guarantee this news is true? as i said, "innocent till proven guilty." and u can't prove anyone guilty with an unreliable source. but i would like to see the video anyway. and see for myself what the channel had to say and how it "proved" it.

and as i said earlier, if this was the truth and they showed the truth with accurate evidence, then sony would've been sued by now, which i don't think happened.

Well I frankly don't know whether they show 100% correct news or not. (just like I stated above). But it is too quick to quote the source as 'unreliable'. Every channel or news source falters at time, due to incorrect source placement or something, even TOI has done that at times- whereas it is easily one of the biggest, reliable and most read newspapers of India. . Aaj tak is a reputed name in itself. It wouldn't have survived so many years if it was just another masala brand- it is not. 

When negative articles about Sushant came in the papers, everyone was saying there is 'no smoke without a fire'  when WE were saying innocent until proved guilty??? Now how about thinking maybe there IS some smoke here as well instead of completely dismissing the storyBig smile--- the betting angle has never been considered before and is a completely new revelation.

But I will keep the same approach I kept at that time, and wait for more articles and news to come up and will analyse the story as a whole.Smile

there is no smoke without fire. u can't invent stuff although it can be exaggerated. but that goes for stories like sushant getting angry at sony and other stories like that. but saying that the show is scripted? at least 2-3 articles come after every reality show ends claiming this. people always claim this, whether its true or not (usually due to sour grapes).

and i can propose the same question to you. when u like to believe people are "innocent till proven guilty," then why are u hell bent upon proving the news source right? wait na! till the articles come out.

and all i'm saying is agar ye sach hai, toh ab tak dhamaal mach gaya hota. law enforcement is probably a bit slow, but people's response is not.

ami_31

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 9:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by EatPrayLove

Hmmm. This is confusing. Not sure what to believe.

Can't say whether Aaj Tak is reliable or not, as Nikita said, it's the most popular channel in India, and yet I've always found whatever they show very over-dramatized and exaggerated.

Certainly agree on the over-dramatised bit. LOL Lol, some of the news channels are funny. 

But Aaj tak, despite all that, still has a name of itself. Leave aside the over-dramatization, but they usually have sort of info/figures to back up their stories-- which is why you can't simply ignore them. Like in this news bit also, they have given figures of how many points were betted on Sushant and Chang.

Its just like TOI is still the topmost and most relied upon papers inspite of occasional bitchy articles here and there. (I'm sure you've read some about Chang and Sony in the last few days, and Sushant Ankita and others as well)

Go to top