India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Kareena gives up Heroine (Page 13)

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 5:11pm | IP Logged
Before i used to like Madhur.. but in past few months.. i have sorta warmed up to more subtle cinema.. so i don't think mahdur's movies are any great.. his cinema is melodramatic and OTT.. a lot of people debate PC's national award anyways.. so i don't care if Bebo works with madhur.. i think instead of madhur she should work with sudhir mishra.. or someone like anurag kashyap.. or dibakar banerjee.. now that would be something.. madhur personally is no different than the likes of Kjo or any other masala director that bebo is going to work with.

Edited by ladygaga - 11 March 2011 at 5:17pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

smarie.khoobsurat.ruky786desigal90ZoobiDoobi

-Mmmmm- IF-Veteran Member
-Mmmmm-
-Mmmmm-

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 6:02pm | IP Logged
Desu...My perception of what her strategy may be....

See she is not getting any younger... Added to that she is getting married soon or according to Masand she is already married... So you know what that means in Bollywood... The age factor added to that the married tag...

Once the married tag comes in it is just not the same in Bollywood... She my be lucky like Ash and Kajol and may be accepted after getting married but the roles will be totally in a different genre, i mean more mature kind of roles....It is tough for the married ones to be accepted in the hard core commercial roles, the kinds she is doing now...

So what i feel her strategy is to finish those kind of roles now when she is young relatively and she still does not have the married tag... The roles like Heroine etc can be done later too....But these roles what she is doing now are hard to come by later...

And coming to this Madhur's project...his movies do not reach out to a broad spectrum of audience..its a very niche audience...added to that it is a women centric role...None of the male A listers will be on board...It will be the Saath Khoon Maaf  kind of male actors who the audience wouldnt even care ....Women centric roles are a hit or a miss at the BO...

So i guess she is not ready to take those chances now....So looks like she wants to do the commercial movies then announce her marriage and then couple of years down the lane if she gets a chance she will get back to the Madhur's genre of movies....

Edited by -Maddy- - 11 March 2011 at 6:02pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

DilushayouknowmeNuktaacheenqwwwsmarieBeyond_the_Veil.khoobsurat.ruky786desigal90ZoobiDoobi

desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 6:04pm | IP Logged
Maddy I feel the same way. This is more about her just fulfilling her desire to do as much commercial cinema as she possibly can before its taken away from her due to age/marrital status.

This is so unfair...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-iktaara--Mmmmm-ruky786

ZoobiDoobi IF-Addictz
ZoobiDoobi
ZoobiDoobi

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 6:07pm | IP Logged
Wow well said Maddy!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mmmmm-

smarie IF-Rockerz

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 7:37pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

-Mmmmm-.khoobsurat.ruky786

desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 9:00pm | IP Logged

When I told my friend the story of Heroine she gave me this blank look, as if expecting something else. And I was like, what? SHe goes, so basically its the same thing as Fashion, but now with movies?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ZoobiDoobi

cinema-goer Goldie
cinema-goer
cinema-goer

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 11:31pm | IP Logged
My impression on Kareena not doing this film and mentioning Kat and ash is that the script might have a part which can be interpreted as salman khan story..the only common thing between ash and kat are they both were/are his gfs.Knowing bebo and her humbleness i doubt she gives either of them any credit of having acting abilities on par with her..

since she does not want to get on wrong side of sallu she might have said no..My overactive imagination ofcourse..should wait and see if and when the picture comes out.
-Mmmmm- IF-Veteran Member
-Mmmmm-
-Mmmmm-

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 8:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by desigal90

Maddy I feel the same way. This is more about her just fulfilling her desire to do as much commercial cinema as she possibly can before its taken away from her due to age/marrital status.

This is so unfair...

Chalo... Thats fine... Whatever works for her...

I personally think in recent times she is one of the very few who have had a good and successful run at the BO. And a fairly long one too...

She consistently has been on the top since the last couple of years...She has two 100 Crore + movies in her kitty.... She is the much sought after one for the ads and endorsements...
She has a rocking love life and a stable one too...

So its all been good with her....

qwwwNuktaacheenruky786

Go to top