AKSHAY-KATRINA pair up for "NAMASTEY LONDON 2"

Posted: 13 years ago

Akshay, Kat to pair up for Namastey London II

Subhash K Jha | Mar 10, 2011, 10.22am IST

Vipul Shah, who has steered clear of sequels to his own hits, has now been persuaded by Akshay Kumar to make Namastey London II.

Though the filmmaker is ready with the script, co-written with Suresh Nair, the actor and director are still keeping it a secret from Katrina Kaif.

Reveals Vipul, "Doing sequels are not my cup of tea but they seem to be a trend now. More than me Akshay was keen to do a sequel to Namastey London. He felt the story had the potential to be carried forward. I couldn't disagree with him beyond a point."

And we hear, even Katz was constantly pushing Vipul to plan a squel of Namastey London and apparently she is the one who would be taken by surprise with a ready script. "Would you believe it, I still haven't told her about the sequel to Namastey London? She has been urging me to do the sequel for the longest time.

When she hears that we've been secretly working on the script for the past three months, she will come down to my house and kill me. Please don't tell. I want to surprise her,"
requests an excited Vipul as he wanted to make sure that the script works out before taking Katz into confidence.

The 2007 box-office hit Namastey London was a drama about a Punjabi munda, Akki, wooing and winning over a stuck-up British-Asian lass, Katz.

The film was a turning-point in Katz's career and added another feather in Akki's cap which was, at that time, brimming with hits.

The sequel will carry forward the story of Arjun (Akshay Kumar) and Jazz (Katrina Kaif) into a marriage of inconvenience which results in a stormy drama.

To be shot in London, the film still has three to four months before it goes on floor. Vipul says, "I'm about to wrap up my production Force and I need to get back to direction. Akshay is a very busy star. We're working out his dates.

The fact that he is more eager about Namastey London than me will certainly get the sequel on the road faster than we expect."

πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by wonderlandAK - 13 years ago
For me abad idea because NL story is totally finished in the film .Cast them in anew film will be much much better.

^^""The sequel will carry forward the story of Arjun (Akshay Kumar) and Jazz (Katrina Kaif) into a marriage of inconvenience which results in a stormy drama. ""

Well not a bad ideaπŸ˜‰

Originally posted by theprince

For me abad idea because NL story is totally finished in the film .Cast them in anew film will be much much better.

Well i would prefer see them in NL 2 rather than an other nonsense comedy like TMKπŸ˜‰
i liked namastey london but def thought it was unfinished..id otn know if i can bare seeeing them for an entire sequel though..

^^people really LOVED them in NL n the film also...so obviously they will love to see them again in the sequel of same film😳

So how are they planning to take the story further then? If they plan to shoot in London again, something needs to happen to bring them back because didnt NL end with Jazz and Arjun living in Punjab?

One possibility may be that Jazz has problems adapting to living in Punjab, in a joint family? Or she gets bored of being a bahu and wife and misses her party lifestyle and freedom?
Originally posted by bollygossipgirl

So how are they planning to take the story further then? If they plan to shoot in London again, something needs to happen to bring them back because didnt NL end with Jazz and Arjun living in Punjab?

One possibility may be that Jazz has problems adapting to living in Punjab, in a joint family? Or she gets bored of being a bahu and wife and misses her party lifestyle and freedom?

not bad at all so far πŸ˜†

OMG i'm so excited i loved NL! NL was the only movie i like of Akki-Kat!
wonderlandAK
TMK is not afilm so just delete it from your memory 🀣
iam sure if the news is true the story will focus on the problems between Akki and Kat because of the different enviroment and this idea already repeated 100 time and at the end they will remember their love and happy ending ( not TMK song 🀣  )