Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 5:33am | IP Logged
Karan Mehra's new love
Buzz up!
Natasha Coutinho/Hill Road Media

Naitik aka Karan Mehra of Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai on STAR Plus started off his career with designing before he turned to acting. Multi-talented Karan has recently designed an entire line of saris and also modelled for the brand called Eternal Love along with his girlfriend Nisha Rawal. Here is a tete-a-tete with Karan about his passion for designing.
Showing 1 of 7 images Previous    Next
Karan Mehra

You have designed your own line of saris. When and how did you come up with the idea?
I did design for movie stars before I started acting. But it was only recently that I decided to get back into designing when a design studio approached me to create an entire line of saris for them. However, my role is not limited to just designing.

My girlfriend Nisha and I are the brand ambassadors of my label Eternal Love and have shot an ad in Chomu Palace, Jaipur. It is the same place where the movie Bhool Bhulaiya was shot. Actually we chose the location of the shoot so there was a lot of creative involvement from our side.

Karan Mehra

Can you tell us about your background in design?
To tell you the truth, my interest in designing came about very suddenly and unexpectedly. I remember during my summer job at a Domino's pizza outlet in college, I used to randomly sketch and paint whenever I had time. My paintings were appreciated and that's when I realized my penchant towards it.

I always wanted to be a model, so I decided to pursue modelling and designing together. What encouraged me further was when I passed my National Institute of Fashion Technology [NIFT] exams with flying colours and became the topper of my college.
Karan Mehra

Who did you enjoy designing for most?
That would be difficult to choose since I have worked with names like Raju Hirani and Ram Gopal Varma. I enjoyed designing for everyone right from Mr. Amitabh Bachchan to Rajpal Yadav and cricketer Yuvraj Singh.

Karan Mehra

How did the shift from designing to acting happen?
Acting was always my first love but designing helped me achieve my dream and got me my first break. I was offered the lead role in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai while I was pursuing designing. After that there was no looking back.

Karan Mehra

Who is your style icon in TV and films?
Mr. Amitabh Bachchan is always superbly turned out. His style is impeccable. Most TV and film actress carry Indian outfits well. However, I keenly follow fashion trends from abroad since I specialize in western outfits.

Karan Mehra

Who are your favourite designers?
I like the work of Vikram Phadnis. Another designer that I admire is Sabyasachi since he has brought a lot of new trends into the market. His work is very inspiring.

What do you like about Naitik's style? Do you offer suggestions to your designer?
I never offer suggestions to my designer since I don't like to interfere. However, I do hope that Naitik is styled better and that I get better T-shirts to wear.

Karan Mehra

What would you like to say about viewers keenly following the style of their favorite characters on TV?
TV has definitely become a big medium of entertainment and styling of characters has improved over the years. It is nice that fans treat us actors as their inspiration.

Nisha and Karan

Tell us about your acting school Reel In and Real Out [RIRO]? 
Nisha and my acting school has completed a year now. We are glad that we have trained some good actors who are working in serials and documentaries. We are focusing on nurturing talent rather than just making money.

Edited by Armu4eva - 10 March 2011 at 5:49am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Vertz..Fairytales..--Pravz---Raz-moonlight08..Akaisha..pree4ru-Stutz-_Divya_

..Akaisha.. IF-Sizzlerz
..Akaisha..
..Akaisha..

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 5:52am | IP Logged
thanks for sharingg..wen i saw d topic i was like..Shocked karan left nisha..bt..dats nt gng to possible evr..!Unhappy anyways itz nyc..!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4eva_Divya_

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 5:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by smart.akaisha

thanks for sharingg..wen i saw d topic i was like..Shocked karan left nisha..bt..dats nt gng to possible evr..!Unhappy anyways itz nyc..!

And i luv n respect him for that... Smile
Never knew he is a NIFT graduate.....

..Akaisha.._Divya_

..Akaisha.. IF-Sizzlerz
..Akaisha..
..Akaisha..

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 5:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Armu4eva

And i luv n respect him for that... Smile
Never knew he is a NIFT graduate.....
yaaa..he is vryy gud educated too..nd had a vryy nyc experience in dat..!Tongue
..Fairytales.. IF-Dazzler

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 6:00am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

..Akaisha.._Divya_

..Akaisha.. IF-Sizzlerz
..Akaisha..
..Akaisha..

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 6:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pari1508

thanks for sharingg..wen i saw d topic i was like..Shockedkaran left nisha..bt..dats nt gng to possible evr..!Unhappyanyways itz nyc..!
ROFL U really thought that.. How could u? Dont u know aisa hua to akal aa jaega n duniya khatam ho jaegi.. ROFL
ROFLROFLyaaa..LOLhaaan dii aisa to hone se raha..Ouch jis din hoga uss din suraj kahi aur se niklegaa..!Stern Smile

..Fairytales.._Divya_

saman.17 IF-Rockerz
saman.17
saman.17

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 6:11am | IP Logged

thanks for sharingg..wen i saw d topic i was like..Shockedkaran left nisha..bt..dats nt gng to possible evr..!Unhappyanyways itz nyc..!
ROFL U really thought that.. How could u? Dont u know aisa hua to akal aa jaega n duniya khatam ho jaegi.. ROFL
ROFLROFLyaaa..LOLhaaan dii aisa to hone se raha..Ouch jis din hoga uss din suraj kahi aur se niklegaa..!Stern Smile
dont worry na suraj kahi aur se niklega aur na yeh uski jaap chodega.......LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Nasreen-..Akaisha.._Divya_

..Akaisha.. IF-Sizzlerz
..Akaisha..
..Akaisha..

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 6:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by saman.17

dont worry na suraj kahi aur se niklega aur na yeh uski jaap chodega.......LOL
LOLyeh karanb kab peecha chodega uskaa..!Sleepy i gt bored dono ko saath dekh dekh k...!Stern Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

_Divya_

Go to top