India-Forums

Kitani Mohabbat Hai - 2
Kitani Mohabbat Hai - 2

Arjun Singhania X factor(changed title)

myviewprem IF-Rockerz
myviewprem
myviewprem

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 3:08am | IP Logged
Over weekend i got to watch a few episodes of KMH1 -some of the best episodes (thanks to my Purani jeans topic)

One thing i observed is Arjun Punj has a X factor that i feel is somehow not there or not being felt in Arjun Singhania. I know majority of the KMHians may not agree but to put across my point let me give few examples

1) Arjun Punj-DK Punj relationship
I have not watched many scenes but just three between them but i really felt  a real father-son scene is going on.
The first one was when Arjun angry at his dad giving job to Arohi refuses to have food and sleep and his dad explains him his reasons for his action. Reminded me of my childhood days when my dad would come and explain to me when i was angry on any of his decisions

Second scene i am not sure when i took place but Arjun Punj and his dad DK sitting on a  bench outside and DK gives him bag of clothes, shaving set, car keys and Arjun refuses to take. But finally takes shaving set and his dad upset at him not coming back home cannot control his emotions. Arjun first holds DK hand to try and console his dad but when his dad is not able to control his emotions neither can he and hugs him and says i love you dad and i will always love you. That was superb i mean usually they never show father son showing so openly about their emotions in indian soaps its a rarity

This scene is also good because Arjun knows because of his father he lost Arohi's trust but Arjun Punj love for his father or his relationship never changes. Secondly, his father stopped his bank account- some money he earned working in DK office for 6 years. In real life you may have had a son listing out all his fathers faulty action because of which he had to leave him but Arjun knows his father will get hurt or he is a good human at heart and has forgiven his father.  Thats surely an X factor in todays times

Last scene again DK teaching Arjun salsa. Such a cute scene. I really liked that father son bond.

I mean in front of the world you may be a business tycoon but Arjun Punj was always a child in front of his dad- usually sons have this kind of relationship with their mother but here you felt that when DK-Arjun Punj interacted it was more a mother cum father-son talking. Liked it that they showed such a relationship on KMH1

This type of real bonding is missing between RPS and Arjun. I mean they rarely look like father son and more like some business associates in many scenes. The only scene where there was real father son bonding was after Rashi fall. For TRPs to improve i feel more bonding between father and son is a must

2) Suspense and sacrifice

I think biggest factor of KMH1 is suspense and sacrifice

Arjun is in jail . But there is a certain mystery why he went to jail etc, why he does not want to be freed? When Arohi will come to know how much he sacrificed for her etc

The sacrifice part is from Arjun who leaves a luxurious life and a father he loves very much without whom he has not known any life- mind you like in RPS case DK is not that bad a father he is just over possessive and that type of possesiveness is there from parents when  you are an only child. In this case his father does not have his wife also so he is more possessive about his son. I do not think he is pure evil evil like Rudra. And him making all those sacrifices without Arohi knowing it its somewhat surreal........in todays commercial world you never find a person like Arjun punj. So aautomatically audience get attracted to this larger than life character because somewhere everyone wishes they had a Arjun Punj to protect them, take care of them etc gaurdian angel types.

3) Character Graph of Arjun Punj

Arjun initially goes from women hater, to a lover and then a person willing to sacrifice everything for one person whom he knows for only 6-8 months. There is so many shades in Arjun Punj that is not there is Arjun Singhania. You know for sure how Arjun Singhania may behave in a certain scene but Arjun Punj was a bit of mystery with ever changing character. He is also scared of cockroach so human- usually boys do not admit it openly but every man is scared of something which only his close family will know.

4) Villans

There must be pre determined villans for any hero to become a great hero.
Arjun Punj had karan, arohi's father etc and mind you these people are not his family members

Arjun Singhania main villans are his family RPS, Micahel, Kumud but honestly whether you are own child, adopted child whatever a family can never be main villans in shows especially when Arjun loves them so much. You know at end of show they will accept arjun as their family. You require real strong villans to keep focus on the hero not family or dhondu,chikus etc 

And they could have given some clue of Arjun's real family like RPS or dadi or orphanage personnel knowing something but not revealed till almost end. That would be a real mystery

5) Superb scene visualization

KMH1 had great scene visualization by creatives. Not a minute do you feel why is this scene there.

6) Great friends

He has good friend scenes with his extended family like salil(not sure his name) and his faily friends children- more like Arjun Singhanai with Romit, Billu and Makrand has tit but they are half baked scenes

Lastly great emotional acting by Karan Kundra. In starting scenes i must admit Karan was akward while expressing emotions but in last few scenes he is just superb. You feel like he is really crying or feeling that emotion.

Ex when Arohi calls him after realizing how good he is and says she wants to meet him right now the expressions he gives while brushing her off saying he is in club with girls etc while in reality he is at sea shore. Great emotional acting by both but your full attention is on Karan rather than kritika for this scene to know how he will really react to her call

But one thing after watching a few episodes of KMH1 i would admit is Karan Kundra's acting is excellent in KMH2 from word go. In KMH1 he took a few months to get into groove and show those emotions. KMH2 does not require dialogues to know Arjun Singhania's thoughts its there on his face, eyes. Arjun Punj started showing those brillaint expressions only after a few months i think in june-july.

And Kritika is good in KMH1 and KMH2 but here her role is more childish.

Lastly eveybody is grey no one is pure white or black except Arjun Punj(who i think was always white character although he was just showing off to outside wold that he was black to supress his emotional turmoil of his mom leaving him as a kid) in this story.
Karan is also grey so you can never hate him.

I think i only disliked Arohi father's character----too typical hindi movie role villan to the hero without any valid reasons.

And last not sure but out of 10-15 episodes i viewed why is everyone slapping Arjun Punj- right from Arohi, Arohi's dad etc? I did not like those scenes without major reason you misbehave with a person

Edited by myviewprem - 10 March 2011 at 9:04am

The following 20 member(s) liked the above post:

laiba.khankhalida4ulightjoxXxNoreen786xXxnav92Nelz..--priyal--rasika_DSipkknd06..anshita..roshaniDsknra--Pooja---Olly-AnkitaKaranaksh4IF.vrshn.Siddhi_Anjalii...xXxshibz

--priyal-- IF-Dazzler
--priyal--
--priyal--

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 3:18am | IP Logged
i agreed wid ur all points thts d main difference
or can say d story has changed so this is important we can't set tht 2 new season but yaah tht scenes create magic after watching it for d 1000 times 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AnkitaKaran

-Olly- IF-Rockerz
-Olly-
-Olly-

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 3:53am | IP Logged
well ppl have diff views! but both the characters of arjun are diff..!

in kmh 1 arjun was brought up as a child with much care by his dad..but here arjun was orphan from the begining he hardly had seen love and his dad hardly showed affection so how can u expect simialr scenes as kmh 1?

secondly the sacrifice ya it was the higgh point of kmh 1 but here the scenario is diff..still arjun did give up his dad's business but the result was nil!...

bonding with friends!..he hardly has friends here ..there is no one like salil in kmh 2..so u cant get it!..

in short arjun singhania is a mixture of gray shades and goodness!..he is a hero and a human!
and arjun punj was diff he was a child who everyone wanted to protect!..

as for aroi 's character yes its diff but very good and we like this one rather than stubbborn arohi sharma!..this arohi fights for her rites!..and i love it!

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

roshaniDrasika_DS--Janvie--AnkitaKaranAnjalii...xXx-TeekhiMishti-shibz

-Olly- IF-Rockerz
-Olly-
-Olly-

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 3:55am | IP Logged
i am loving arjun singhania!!Wink

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

roshaniDrasika_DS-TeekhiMishti-Anjalii...xXx

priyanka94 IF-Dazzler
priyanka94
priyanka94

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 3:59am | IP Logged
u noe guys .. i think ... we should not compare .. as both the characters are different and they have different traits ...i mean when we compare we should have a common criteria which we ca base our comparison on ... but here ....there is nothing common apart from the name .. i dunno ... this is my opinion ... im not bashing .. or trying to impose my view upon any of you .. just my POVTongue.>>>
and yeah .. im LOVING ARJUN SINGHANIA AS WELL !!!!Embarrassed

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

roshaniD..anshita..rasika_DSAnkitaKaran-Olly--TeekhiMishti-Anjalii...xXxshibz

-Olly- IF-Rockerz
-Olly-
-Olly-

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 4:03am | IP Logged
@priyanka94 exactly ..both are diff and both are brilliant and strong characters!
roshaniD IF-Dazzler
roshaniD
roshaniD

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 4:22am | IP Logged
hey nice post... but i agree with Olly n priyanka94... comparisons shouldn't be made as the dramas are worlds apart.... and so are the characters....

i loved Arjun Punjj and am loving Arjun Singhania more..Wink either way Karan Kundra rocks my world on a daily basis.....ROFL

peace out...Wink

rosh

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

rasika_DS-TeekhiMishti-Anjalii...xXxshibz

ipkknd06 IF-Dazzler
ipkknd06
ipkknd06

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 4:52am | IP Logged
arjun singhania love uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index