Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

stars4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: Relda

None of Kajol's performances were better than Shilpa in Phir Milenge? Really? I have never ever heard of anyone speak of her performance in any form whatsoever from this movie.

in this decade i didnt find any kajol's performance as iconic they are all overrated......but she was best is 90's dushman, gupt, kkhh, ddlj.........shilpa's best is only phir milenge in her entire career............
Edited by stars4u - 13 years ago
Abbyviv thumbnail
Shilpa Shetty in Phir Milenge was great and did really well, but Iconic? i don't think so 

Vidya in Paa.. nope, it wasn't any special performance,but she was good

as for the rest, I loved Kareena in JWM the most .. Rani in black was great altho I couldn't finish the movie but for sure it's an Iconic performance

will have to watch Astitva for tabu as I havent seen it yet 

Edited by AbbiePrivate - 13 years ago
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Kareena for JWM definitely because she really made it iconic I mean she performed powerfully I loved it :)
MaSqUeRaDe thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Fab list !! I was thinking they nailed it till I saw Shilpa's name 😆..She never appealed to me as an actress..Nor do I think to the aam junta..Phir Milenga was a hugee flop and never won any accolades..How can u call a perfomance "iconic" unless it is acknwoldged by critcs or a wider audiewnce?:S 😕..like say Tabu in astitva loved by critics or Kareena in JWM appreciated by both critics and junta

Karisma in Shakti,Fida/Kajol in Fanaa,U me aur hum anyday over Shilpa in PM..heck! even Ash in Chokerbali,Kareena in Chameli,PC in Fashion..!

From the list I loved Vidya in Paa,Kareena in JWM,Anu in BBB(though i wont call it iconic but refreshing compared to the current standards of bolly),Gayatri in Swades(one of the best potrayal of an Indian woman) also Tabu
Edited by kattyluv - 13 years ago
Abbyviv thumbnail

Originally posted by: koolchick

Vidya Balan except I never saw Paa

She looked iconic in Parineeta though

I loved her in Parineeta .. for sure iconic! n by far better than hers in Paa

ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I'm surprised that Kajol isn't in the list whereas Shilpa is because Kajol clearly is the better actress :D
Abbyviv thumbnail
^^ same here, but I don't really trust this list as I'v seen better.. 

[Quote]Fab list !! I was thinking they nailed it till I saw Shilpa's name ðŸ˜†.[/QUOTE]

😆

i dunt think the list refers to "actors" as such...it refers to their characters....and im pretty sure its referring to this particular decade..and acc to me, none of kajol's characters were memorable as such...they were the same old ones...k3g, u me aur hum, fanaa, mnik, waf....they weren't anything memorable, refreshing or path breaking ...

whereas the ones mentioned in this list, even shilpa's character to an extent, were quite novel or popular for their times...i would have liked urmila's role in EHT as sarika to be included too, because that is one kickass character...from being a timid woman scared of rats, to a ruthless female who kills her wrong doer by feeding him to the rodents...absolutely wowed the ppl...same with mahi gill's paro and kalki's chanda in dev d...extremely path breaking stuff..

other than that, loved all the characters from the list...hard to choose a fav...
Edited by smartie_pants - 13 years ago
MadhuriDixit thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
wutever happend to gayatri joshi
MaSqUeRaDe thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Yeah right Kajol's blind girl act in Fanaa or alzheimer's patient role in UMAH gets called  ghista pista 😛 (so not suprising) while Rani's in black was the most incredible character ever see in the history of Indian cinema.. totaally new nothing repetetive 😆..Then again this is the same forum where DDLJ is labelled as a meaningless cliched and the likes of Biwi no:1 are touted as EPICs 😆..to each his own ,everyone is biased against their non favourite and fans obviously love whatever their favorite does
Edited by kattyluv - 13 years ago