Members Lounge
Members Lounge

Stop Child Trafficking: Updated 3/10

malluangel IF-Rockerz
malluangel
malluangel

Posted: 09 March 2011 at 7:32pm | IP Logged
Did you know that:

Every minute, two children are trafficked for labor or sexual prostitution?

The Child Trafficking Industry  makes 12 billion dollars annually?

There are over1.2 million children trafficked annually?

Didn't know that did you?

Human trafficking is
the second most lucrative crime in the world after drugs; it generates an approximate thirty two billion dollars in revenue a year, twelve billion of which comes from child trafficking alone. The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) estimates that 1.2 million children are trafficked annually; these children are usually forced into child labor or child prostitution. Trafficked children are put through a life of torture, both mentally and physically. The effects of time spent in the clutches or their captors stay with them for their entire life, even if they are rescued. Given no respect, care, or opportunities, these children find it hard to re-establish life as free beings.

TRAFFICKING IS'
to be deceived or taken against your will, bought, sold and transported into slavery for sexual exploitation, sweat shops, child brides, circuses, sacrificial worship, forced begging, sale of human organs, farm labour, domestic servitude.
TRAFFICKING IS'
where family members and friends deceive parents to release their children or sell them for as little as $20 each, selling them on to local gangmasters or serious organised international trafficking rings.
TRAFFICKING IS'

growing. 2'4 MILLION men, women and children are trafficked across borders and within their own country every year. More than one person is trafficked across borders EVERY MINUTE, which is equivalent to five jumbo jets every day. a trade that earns twice as much worldwide revenue as Coca Cola.
TRAFFICKING IS'

where victims usually suffer repeated physical abuse, fear, torture and threats to families to break their spirits and turn them into saleable commodities. a person can be sold and trafficked many times.

*credit http://www.stopthetraffik.org/humantrafficking/background.aspx*

=ll=
Imagine being eight years old and being forced to "service" a man old enough to be your great grandfather.

Imagine being forced to work for eighteen hours straight with hardly a morsel of food in you.
=ll=

Not a pretty picture

Asia, especially Southeast Asia, is a rules free playground for Child Traffickers.
Although outlawed in most, if not all countries in the world, slavery still exists today.Many countries, including India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Thailand, Vietnam etc., are international hubs for prostitution and child labor because of a high populous, many unaccounted citizens, and a corrupt local government.

Children as young as eight are being forced to work as prostitutes.
Children even younger are used as laborers with no rights.
Taken from unsuspecting and helpless parents, sold by their own, lured by the hope for a better life, the stories are many. The heartbreak is one.

------------------------------

If nothing, this is a call to take a stand.
------------------------------

Do not let the face of your community be marred by this ugly concoction of a perverse human mind.
The time you spend waiting for someone else to do something, could be deadly for someone else.

Humanity has no religion, no race, no face.

A
human is a human, and we all deserve respect, do something today, that will help someone tomorrow.

Whether it is by getting out into the streets to help, voting for clean officials, donating to a worthy cause do what you can to stop this horror in its tracks.

There are many ways you can help simply by making small changes.
-save money but making small sacrifices
-volunteer at your local org

I would really appreciate knowing that atleast someone took the time to read this, please reply and address the issue below.

Thanks for the heartwarming response, these are the twitter links I promised you:

http://twitter.com/#!/WorldVisionUSA
http://twitter.com/#!/GandhiWorldwide
http://twitter.com/#!/WeCanEndPoverty 
^it's mainly poverty,  but poverty is one of the leading causes of trafficking^
http://twitter.com/#!/OfficialLove146
http://twitter.com/#!/ROBLOVE146
^ A great website and organization that works in rehabilitation mostly, but also prevention of  child trafficking, the second link is it's prez/ co-founder^
http://twitter.com/#!/dnafoundation
^Lovers of ashton kutcher, this is the Demi&Ashton Foundation, it works against sex slavery^

An article brought ot my attention by
Anuhia, we need more people like this "youth" the sad thing is, the guy's probably afraid for his life because of the person on the run.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/nagpur/Youth-helps-save-minor-girl-from-brothel/articleshow/7667323.cms

To learn more about the issue, visit:

http://love146.org/
http://www.sctnow.org/index.aspx

or simply Google Child Trafficking

Edited by malluangel - 10 March 2011 at 3:59pm

The following 89 member(s) liked the above post:

Aahaana*Shruti*SRAITAgopika.pmrkworldinnocenteyez92LimosuperxuberantMadiha_20PraSha_SidMaArmu4evaWrackspurtHeartEmWatsonEscapist_G1234_sasha_1jacobharry10011sonia1000Angel-Jot.supercool3BilliCat..FALTU.ThamesriverNikasha.MahamnatashuTheMelody.Ovi_TanniKinshukKiDewaniblissfull-Raindrops-DesiGirl_IndigoBluesEnigma.OrientalDancernoodlesRasnydebby_11PCRocksblack_hazedmgmjht4evernik_sweetpoison..Naina..nami2811Euphoria.jesss.MidnightMusingsPrinsesse.Suvi-Rinki-affu123ThatOneGuymonarNymeriassdtvgojanAmeresromiosugar1Ishan.desigrl05shamilfriends_rockRagMasta.Jiya.sami01Fallen AngelSilentsoulAngelic_J.Sidramonty22spamalotBatameezDilShalveDJ..InfofanslumberqueennorzarLennienikita_88ruky786prerna4rishavsafeplacetoland-Fatima-nisha80-x-Reshu-x-SunShine_A-Swetha-indian_beautyJennyPennySano88.Shiva.

romiosugar1 IF-Sizzlerz
romiosugar1
romiosugar1

Posted: 09 March 2011 at 9:02pm | IP Logged
Thanks for putting all these helpful and serious info together Aish :) I really did not know that the world is facing such a huge amount of child trafficking Shocked. This is sad :(  I hope, it stops sooner !!
Will definitely spray it around in my community/networking ! 

Great post and you cited it awesomely as it's truly informative!!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

nik_sweetpoisonmalluangelshamil-x-Reshu-x-

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 12:57am | IP Logged
HATS OFF to u ..for such a wonderful post.....! Thank u for enlightening us .... and indeed being the citizen of one of the countries listed in here ...i m sad to say..that things are just as bad or worse ... the Govt. is busy looting the public... the public is busy pulling each other down to rise on the top ... n basically no body cares..!!

But yes its upto us citizens to rise up and take the call... to try n make a difference....! Thanks a lot for de inspiration..!! Loved ur post...Clap

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

malluangelshamil-x-Reshu-x-

Thamesriver IF-Dazzler
Thamesriver
Thamesriver

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 2:58am | IP Logged
Thanks for the topic and information. This is a heinous crime. Here is an article about a child rescued from flesh trade in TOI today:

People have to be sick in their mind when they use young children to satisfy themselves.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

malluangel

zeenia IF-Rockerz

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 3:18am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

malluangel

mahakg Newbie
mahakg
mahakg

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 3:27am | IP Logged
very well awesome post.Clap
thanks for sharing dear.

malluangel

nami2811 IF-Sizzlerz
nami2811
nami2811

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 3:47am | IP Logged
Thank you so much for this post TM..Clap
i din knw dat i was soo lucky to be so protected in my environment.. feelin very sad for those who suffered n will definitely do wateva i can wen sth li dat happens to my knowledge..

malluangel

..Naina.. IF-Veteran Member
..Naina..
..Naina..

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 3:50am | IP Logged
Aisssssssssh! hi girl :)

Awesome awesome awesome post.

Such an important issue that really does need to be addressed as people tend to turn away at the mentioning of such things.

I remember last year's CNN Hero of the Year awards or something, where one of them was Anuradha Koirala, who was helping to do something about sex trafficking, helping girls from Nepal and India [I think] get out of that sorry plight and rebuild lives for themselves.

Just a more specific narrowing down of trafficking in general, but wanted to point it out.

There's so much we can do, and honestly, making people aware is one of the first things. So thanks for this awesome post :)

ps. We haven't talked in a while. Get yourself on gmail. Soon. ^_^

malluangel

Go to top