PRATEIK and the Babbars New Articles Page 9 & 10

-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

Prateik upsets Babbar family

Prithwish Ganguly, TNN | Mar 10, 2011, 12.00am IST

Aarya Babbar lashes out at Prateik for calling Abhishek Bachchan his big brother

Prateik irked the Babbar khandaan when he dropped his last name and chose to be simply known as Prateik. Now his family is fuming over his bonding with the Bachchans. The Bachchan-Babbar dushmani is legendary. It began when Amitabh and Raj were both actors, and continued when they were political rivals as well.

Recently, Prateik said in an interview that he considers Abhishek Bachchan his big brother, sending his family members into a rage, especially his older brother Aarya Babbar. Not one to mince words, he says, "Next, I hope he (doesn't name Prateik even once throughout the conversation) doesn't say that he has found a new father now that he has found a brother in Abhishek!" The reference to Big B is obvious.

Aarya continues, "We've seen him doing all kinds of things for publicity. First it was getting sympathy votes in a cheap manner by using his late mother, Smita Patil's name. Then he dropped his Babbar surname, insulting his father and family, and now he has aligned himself with the Bachchans and got himself a big brother. I mean what is he thinking?"

An angry Aarya adds, "I don't want to get into the relationship we share with the Bachchans, but I can tell you that we have been cordial. Fact remains that the industry talks about the relationship between our family and theirs, and he (Prateik) is not a fool, to not to be aware of that."

However, Aarya has no qualms interacting with the Bachchans professionally, "I have the deepest regard for Abhishek and Aishwarya with whom I have worked in Guru but I haven't used their name to get publicity." Sources close to the Babbar family inform that the younger son of the family has caused them a lot of grief and they no longer consider him part of the clan.

Aarya explains, "He has disowned us. But we are not saying that we have boycotted him from our family. Whether he likes it or not, he has the Babbar blood running in his body. Also, no one can take away his right in the family. It's his birthright. But yes, all his publicity tactics have caused a lot of stress in our household."

Edited by -Maddy- - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
heh

why are they fuming now

prateik didnt even grow up in his dad's house..
he just grew up with his maternal relatives

im happy prateik dropped the babbar name :D
qwww thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Aarya continues, "We've seen him doing all kinds of things for publicity. First it was getting sympathy votes in a cheap manner by using his late mother, Smita Patil's name
🤢
Which election was Prateik contesting ?
As tho his dad did a great service  - Smita's sister said she died of a broken heart in one of her interviews.ugh
petticoat thumbnail
it is the newsmen who keep using smita's names more than prateik..he even tried to avoid those questions in a few interviews i saw

it is not prateik's fault that he is a better actor than arya babbar will ever be..or that he got a better break than arya did
bollywoodbabe1 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Arghh Prateik's brother sounds like such a complainer! Seems like he's the one who's saying all this for publicity!

Never even knew the Bachchan's and Babbars had issues, Raj Babbar was never competition to AB on any level!

And so what if prateik is befriending the Bachchans, why must he continue with an old enimity. Anyways both Amitji and Abhi always have sweet things to say to him and AB whenever he talks about Prateik he says such lovely things, and he always says what an amazing actress Smita was on his blog, so why should Prateik show any animosity towards them.
Mommytobe thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Smita intelligent women fell in love with wrong man 😔 Prateik was raised by Smita's famly.. just giving ur last name does not end the responsilbities of being a father.. Mr.Babbar should have been more involved with Pratiek was growing up.

and it's not new that Pratiek is dropping the last name.. he always wanted to do that... i read in his interview few yrs back.
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Serves the Babbars right... Good he dropped the last name... Raj Babbar first left his wife and family for Smita Patil and then conviniently went back to them when she passed away....I just cant stand that guy ..
These Babbars have always had an animosity towards Prateik.... Its coming out in the open now... and now more bcoz Aarya Babbar tried his hand in movies and his career went no where... Compared to him Prateik is doing better so they just cant stand that....

And what sympathy is he talking abt... On the contrary Raj Babbar was the one who was using Prateik for sympathy votes... This was back in 2008/2009 when he was campaigning the elections he would drag along Prateik to target the youngsters and the women voters and  have huge cut outs of Smita Patil....
Mommytobe thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
and being close to Bachchans won't do Pratiek any good.. see what happened to so called brother Sikander Kher...🤓 no movies coming his ways..
though i think prateik is way better actor than him
petticoat thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Maddy-

And what sympathy is he talking abt... On the contrary Raj Babbar was the one who was using Prateik for sympathy votes... This was back in 2008/2009 when he was campaigning the elections he would drag along Prateik to target the youngsters and the women voters and  have huge cut outs of Smita Patil....

disgusting
badal100 thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Maddy-

Serves the Babbars right... Good he dropped the last name... Raj Babbar first left his wife and family for Smita Patil and then conviniently went back to them when she passed away....I just cant stand that guy ..

These Babbars have always had an animosity towards Prateik.... Its coming out in the open now... and now more bcoz Aarya Babbar tried his hand in movies and his career went no where... Compared to him Prateik is doing better so they just cant stand that....

That's so horrible!
And I never like Raj Babbar anyways, it's not even like he has a glorious film career to talk about either!