Rang Badalti Odhani

India-Forums

Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

FF~:Human After All:~ Imp note Pg 150:) (Page 63)

Aussiegal Senior Member
Aussiegal
Aussiegal

Posted: 20 April 2011 at 4:33am | IP Logged
Simi, Brilliant as usual. Found myself going back to the beginning and reading it again. ohhh can't wait till your next update. very very nice!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

simikr

jparker IF-Dazzler
jparker
jparker

Posted: 20 April 2011 at 7:14am | IP Logged
Awww... Simi, those moments before he realised that she had actually fainted were cute!! Hilarious to an extent!! But after.. uff...

Sigh as he feels those ripping emotions, tearing inside him...

Beautifully pictured.. yet again Simi.. as I wait for more..Embarrassed

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

simikradventure_gurl

k.krithika Goldie
k.krithika
k.krithika

Posted: 21 April 2011 at 10:17am | IP Logged
Hi Simi
Awesome update just loved it Big smile
U described doctor's life so well  Clap
 I really love the understanding Shaan who respects her profession ,understands the value of life and simply loves her for what she is without wanting her change and wants to be with her forever Smile
Beautifully written lines
Clap
"This profession was more than a job, it was a calling to serve without asking for anything in return. No amount of money could compensate for the amount of hours these people spent here. The risks they took in treating various illnesses. So much so that frequently many of them died. And we just take them for granted, just like we take our soldiers and law officers for granted."

Lovely song "You're too good to be true"  just perfect Smile 
Thanks a lot Smile

simikr

simikr IF-Rockerz
simikr
simikr

Posted: 21 April 2011 at 12:41pm | IP Logged
@Roshni: Thanks girl! You are so sweet!!:)

@ Aussiegal: Thank you dear!! You went back to read it from the start..Thanks!!:)

@Jess: What can I say..I knew that there was a writer hidden inside you!! And now it has blossomed!! fantastic!!:)

@Krithika: Love U for reading and always commenting on the things which  are close to my heart..thanx!!:)

Edited by simiv - 21 April 2011 at 12:42pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

k.krithikajparkerpurvi08

simikr IF-Rockerz
simikr
simikr

Posted: 21 April 2011 at 12:50pm | IP Logged
Hi Guys!!

Sort of am in a conundrum of sorts..don't know where to take the story next!! I want it to be more than what it is now..so want to get some suggestions from you if you can step in! Thanks!!...

Part 12A~~ Serenade

What a sweet boy na? and so handsome too!...

Khanak kept watching the TV.., appearing intent on a cricket match...

Khanak!! I am talking to you! Aajkal tumhara dhyaan kahaan rehta hai?..

Mama?! What?? Yes, yes..isn't Sehwag so sweeet!! But..but..why would you call him handsome?... Where are your standards, Mama! Daddy...! You too were not that bad looking before you lost all that hair!..

Yes.. your mom said she married me only because I vaguely reminded her of Warren Beatty, she used to say...and I guess she's still is bearing with me..because I resemble Yul Brynner now..yes??... Khanak's Dad said grinning teasingly at his wife who glared at him.

You look more like Amrish Puri now Dad, minus the voice! So don't flatter yourself!.. Didi, please! Itna bhi bholi mat bano! You know very well who Ma is talking about!..Palak said winking at Khanak, who was back to watching TV.

Uhhh.. I don't know who you mean! ... Khanak was trying to appear indifferent.

Beta!.. I was talking about you friend, the one you've never mentioned! Shantanu, Shantanu Khandelwal. Such a nice boy, and so well mannered too!.. What do you think Pramod? ( Pramod is Khanak's father.)

Huh?.. yes, yes.. very nice name.. Pramod said from behind his newspaper.

Khanak glanced at him and smiled indulgently, relieved that he hadn't joined the bandwagon yet. Perhaps because he had not met Shaan. If he had, he too would likely have joined the Shantanu Khandelwal fan club of which her mother and Palak had become the most ardent members ever since they had returned from the ER 2 nights ago. Though it took quite a lot to impress her father who had the habit of weighing everything in philosophical terms before he gave his approval!.. Perhaps that was the reason he had always managed to pull through the worst situations with relative ease.

Khanak had always loved him for that, his unselfishness and lack of ambition hadn't earned him many laurels or wealth but had helped Khanak learn some important lessons of life, for that she'd be eternally obligated to him.

But he hadn't taught her how to try to ignore someone who has managed to infiltrate every part of your being. For Shaan had done exactly that. He had invaded and occupied the rational and irrational mind of Dr Khanak Agarwal, who had so far believed herself to be in control of herself.. But no...

What could a person do when every conversation, no matter what topic it was on, seemed to lead to Mr Shantanu Omnipotent and Omnipresent Khandelwal??

Mom: Beta?.Khana kha le. Look I've made your favorite Aloo Gobhi ki sabzi?

Khanak: Mom! I am stuffed, 2 hrs ago kitna bada breakfast jo khaya tha.. And itna jaldi lunch ko launch kar diya aapne! Mere poor stomach pe taras khaao..itna jaldi digestive system kaam nahin karta!

Mom irritably: Tumhari doctori baat sun sun ke to us din tum behosh ho kar hospital pahunch gayi.. Ab aisa nahin hoga. Mere Shaan bete ne kaha hai, ki Khanak ko khoob good food aur rest ki zaroorat hai!..aur mein ab uski hi baat sunoongi!..Haan!..

Palak laughing: Maa... Kya Beta.beta lagaa rakha hai! Damaad ji kaho na! Maine to apne Jeeju ko pehle se hi book kar liya hai!!!... Haaiii...

Khanak ran into her room, unable to control her blush.. But she knew Palak had an uncanny way of knowing exactly what she was thinking and had the gift of blurting it out at the most ill timed moments, making Khanak feel terribly embarassed.

She opened her Medicine text book and tried to concentrate reading the chapter on Irregular Heart rhythms, upside down. She knew she didn't need to do so, but if she tried to recruit most of her grey cells maybe she could relegate him to the back of her mind....? Just maybe?...

But of course, it was not to be.. The topic itself was all about the heart beat and its irregularities, a condition which she was herself experiencing now and all too very often. Just hearing his name was enough..

She smiled and quit her task, instead pulled out his crumpled note from her purse, smoothed it out and read it slowly.. savoring each and every syllable, sounding out the words in her mind, and then aloud, as if doing that would make them more authentic and true..

He calls me His Khanak.. he probably is used to having his own way.

But not with me, he won't..

But its hard..so hard to resist.

Mr SK, granted you have a way with your words and I really like it..

Khanak giggled, high on a feeling of excitement and adventure, eagerly awaiting for something to happen yet unsure of what to expect..but thrilled nonetheless..

She carefully placed the sheet in the book,..knowing that she would always be able to find it.. The cause of my irregular heart beat.

Wonder what he is thinking now, he probably wants my reply to his note. After all I didn't even get to thank him properly for what he did the other night.. But, how can I do it..? It'll end up sounding inadequate and unfortunately I'm not as bold as he is!..

She pulled out her prescription pad and quickly jotted down what she was thinking before she could change her mind about it. She decided not to mail it..but keep it so as to hand it over personally if they happened to cross paths again, which she suspected and hoped would be soon enough..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chaachuu!!...

Hi! My sweetheart!! I've been missing you sooo much!.. How was school today?.Shaan said pulling his little niece on to his lap, school bag and all, somehow these past few days had made him want to treasure his family, especially little Megha.

See! Do you recognise him?..Megha said, pulling out her teddy from her back pack.

Shaan's face assumed a sober look when he appraised teddy from head to toe.. Well there was really nothing much to see, except a wad of faux fur which vaguely resembled a stuffed toy.

See?! Teddy..is now blind, he can't smell any food and he is deaf too, I think though I never could find his ears.. And he had already broken his arm.. What will Doctor Aunty say?..Megha aid, her little body shaking with her sobs..

Awww! My little cute baby! Khanak aunty won't say anything... instead she'll give you a hug for loving Teddy inspite of everything! Yes.. ?

No! Teddy is hurt, I know he is..though he doesn't complain like mama when she breaks a nail! He is brave!.. But I want him fixed.. Megha seemed determined.

Well, what can be done? Hmmm..let's think. Maybe I can take him to a toy store and ask them to fix him. I bet they can do it.. Or maybe Dadi can fix him for you? I know that she's pretty good at sewing and everything..I'm sure she can give it a shot!..

No! No!! He can't be Just FIXED! He needs an OPERATION!...Megha practically shouted that out.. leaving Shaan stunned for a minute.

He is a Doctor Teddy, and he needs to be treated by a doctor! Like Aunty! I'm sure she can take him into her hospital and do an operation him and he will be fine again!..

Shaan nodded smiling, Megha somehow had taken after her mother when it came to getting getting what she wanted. It was her way or no way. Very odd, but it was definitely a Boo Bhabhi trait!..

So can you take him to Doctor Aunty and ask him to fix him for me??.... Megha had turned on her charm now and it was not for Shaan to refuse such an opportunity!..

Okay baba! I can do that..of course! But I don't know when she'd be available and if she's busy...Shaan feverishly wracked his brain..

Chaachuu!! Why don't we send her her an SMS?..

Megha! You'll make Akki bhaiyaa proud one day... what a brilliant idea!..Lets send one right now!..

As Megha dictated, Shaan typed adding his own comments in brackets...

Dear Doctor Aunty! (Just Khanak..for me)

You are the best! (Of course, you are!)

Teddy is broken.can you fix him for me?(Say yes, Stealer of my heart)

I will send him to you tomorrow. (With his fav courier of course!)

I hope you won't faint again... Megha! (Unless you faint in my arms...!)

(Meet you at fav watering hole tomorrow..just type Y or N..and I'll be there!)

~~~~~~~~~

I'll be there rain or shine

I will never leave you alone

whatever the future has in store

You can hold my hand, thats for sure...

Please try to comment..or else...

Simi

Edited by simiv - 21 April 2011 at 12:51pm

The following 35 member(s) liked the above post:

mitraraajapooja.88vijusbAussiegalAnu80tina2minaKrazEeeshonaiktymfan-mesmerised-dishbhank.krithikasweetsuteKIRUCHINA150826angel_9nk.mailroadsidejunkeyiluvmanarsaaaz-SYS-jyothi1989-Unknown-22jparkerOlicityFan-Manita-NinjaInPyjamas-YasharanArshi-purvi08RB81Fanaahrooj-iThe_May_Rosetogepe30-Deepali-shanakyasharan

-YasharanArshi- IF-Rockerz
-YasharanArshi-
-YasharanArshi-

Posted: 21 April 2011 at 12:52pm | IP Logged
Itnaaa Chotaaaaaaaaaaa Update kyoooooooooooon ????
Simi ....Put a loooong part naaaaaaaaa ... Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!!

Awwwwwwww ... Palak teasing Khanak .. Damadji and alll .. Haaaaaaaaaaaaayee !!!
Khanak has melted ..... itna blushing and daydreaaaaaminng .... Cant wait to know whats in store!!!!!

Meghaaaaaaa - she is an angel ...Cupid in disguise and God' gift to Shanak may i Say ???????
Love Love Love her and Chachuuu's relation ... Shaaaan makes a great Chachu ...Bless them !!!!!

Shaaan and his words ... I mean your poetic words in the SMS ... WoW Simi ... Brilliant ...
The Pursuit sets my heart racing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loved it .... But still complaining for the chota updateeeeeeeeeeee ....
Aisa kyooon kiya Simi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by rbo_d_best - 21 April 2011 at 1:00pm

simikr

simikr IF-Rockerz
simikr
simikr

Posted: 21 April 2011 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rbo_d_best

Itnaaa Chotaaaaaaaaaaa Update kyoooooooooooon ????
Simi ....Put a loooong part naaaaaaaaa ... Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!!

Awwwwwwww ... Palak teasing Khanak .. Damadji and alll .. Haaaaaaaaaaaaayee !!!
Khanak has melted ..... itna blushing and daydreaaaaaminng .... Cant wait to know whats in store!!!!!

Meghaaaaaaa - she is an angel ...Cupid in disguise and God' gift to Shanak may i Say ???????
Love Love Love her and Chachuuu's relation ... Shaaaan makes a great Chachu ...Bless them !!!!!

Shaaan and his words ... I mean your poetic words in the SMS ... WoW Simi ... Brilliant ...
The Pursuit sets my heart racing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loved it .... But still complaining for the chota updateeeeeeeeeeee ....
Aisa kyooon kiya Simi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you darling!!!

Is liye to part A ...part B kal ya parso...Big smile

-YasharanArshi-

shanakyasharan IF-Addictz
shanakyasharan
shanakyasharan

Posted: 21 April 2011 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
Day DreamingDay DreamingDay DreamingDay DreamingDay DreamingDay Dreamingtooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute i love megha n his chachu:)

next part is sure gonna b something i know cant wait:) love u simi:)

simikr

Go to top