Rang Badalti Odhani

India-Forums

Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

FF~:Human After All:~ Imp note Pg 150:) (Page 39)

simikr IF-Rockerz
simikr
simikr

Posted: 29 March 2011 at 7:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by saaaz

oooo eeemmmm geeee you made reference to a golden rbo moment...pinch me now!!!!!LOL

really nice update simi...you are simmering this story so well...please please please get them to fall in love....am so impatient to see how you tell their story

loved it....

Oye!! Thankyou darling!! Hope it doesn't get burnt!!LOL

Zara dheeraj rakho, mil to gaye hain na!!LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

saaazOlicityFanadventure_gurl

OlicityFan IF-Rockerz
OlicityFan
OlicityFan

Posted: 30 March 2011 at 2:29pm | IP Logged
Di it was soo good!..
and the last few lines as well......

thnx for the PM!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

simikr

NinjaInPyjamas IF-Rockerz
NinjaInPyjamas
NinjaInPyjamas

Posted: 30 March 2011 at 2:37pm | IP Logged
Your personal touch always makes it all the more beautifulEmbarrassed

honestly, i feel like a stupid commenting on your ff 'cuz am just an amateur to understand the depth and beauty of your style...

Everything is so crisp, well-woven...well I do take inspiration!

Awesome as always..

Jaldi update keejiyegaEmbarrassed

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

simikradventure_gurl

simikr IF-Rockerz
simikr
simikr

Posted: 30 March 2011 at 3:05pm | IP Logged

@ Ammu: Thanks dear!!:) Big smile

@ Vatty: Please I don't deserve such praise!! You have your own style which is beautiful!! Thankyou sooo much!! Embarrassed

Planning to update tom..hope it works out!!LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Unknown-22adventure_gurl

vijusb Groupbie
vijusb
vijusb

Posted: 31 March 2011 at 2:04am | IP Logged
It was really good. Update soonStar

simikr

kubare IF-Sizzlerz
kubare
kubare

Posted: 31 March 2011 at 2:27am | IP Logged
Simi darling * hugs & muwah*

So sorry for the late reply o the post der.....I read ad liked it...adn thought I posted..a reply...but...LOLLOLLOLsorry dear...

God I loved it...from Megha telling him to kiss the good Dr. who gave her a teddy bear and he worrie dabout the looks of that Dr...to his introduction to the new nurse who I fell in love with...to his pretending to sleep so he could in\gnore the monster he thought his Dr. was....LOLLOLLOLLOL but best of all I loved how she got his attention by pinching him....LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Oh loved how he is the man in her dreams and she is the posseser of the eyes that haunt his dreams...

Can't wait for the next update dear....Big smile

simikr

simikr IF-Rockerz
simikr
simikr

Posted: 31 March 2011 at 6:57am | IP Logged
Thanks!

@vijusb: Thanks so much dear!! Updating in a few minutes!Smile

@krishna: Muaaah to you too! thanks for yr comments!! Next time bhool mat jana!!Big smile
simikr IF-Rockerz
simikr
simikr

Posted: 31 March 2011 at 7:11am | IP Logged

Thanks everybody for your tremendous support and awesome comments for my FF. It is definitely not as good as some other superb FFs/SSs on this forum.
Here is part 7 written in a hurry, please forgive me for any mistakes...Big smile

Part 7~~ She can do magic...

Khanak stopped smiling when she saw Shaan staring back at her with frank curiosity and wonder as if studying a masterpiece in a gallery. She was unprepared for the directness of his gaze and seeing him in this state, alert and coherent for the first time, completely threw her off her moorings. She looked away and tried to reassemble her thoughts.

Focus Khanak, focus!! He's after all just another guy (though an incredibly good looking one,) who has been cooped up in this place for awhile. He's just looking at you as an attractive specimen of the opposite sex! Tomorrow he'll be looking in another direction, at someone else. So don't fool yourself and get on with it!!

Khanak turned back and looked at Shaan, with a stern set to her mouth and was surprised to see him looking around as if in a strange place...

Mr Khandelwal??..are you alright??..

Mein Kahaan Hoon??, Shaan was upset that his ruse had been caught and did not want to give up that easy.

Aap sab kaun hain??, he queried very innocently.

Khanak looked at Nurse D'Souza who shrugged her shoulders and furrowed her brow..

He was fine yesterday, Doc! Don't know...could it be delayed Amnesia??

Khanak shook her head and smiled at her conspiratorily...

Okay, Looks like I've stepped into the wrong room! Sorry Mr BANSAL, for the mistake. I apologise sincerely. Aren't you supposed to get your hemorrhoids taken out today??I hope you are aware that after the surgery you can have quite a PAINFUL and Prolonged recovery period. Don't you agree Nurse D'Souza??...Khanak winked at her.

Yes, Yes, Doctor!! When my husband had the surgery, he cursed non stop for weeks afterwards! He still says that the disease is better than the cure. But who knows Mr Bansal thinks differently?!!...Nurse D'Souza said looking with tremendous pity at Shaan.

Na na na NOO, NO!! You are mistaken! I AM Shantanu Khandelwal and not Mr Bansal or whoever and I don't have That problem!.., Shaan declared in a hurry, having heard horror stories of people losing their body parts due to surgical errors.

So you know where you are now??!!...

Shaan nodded looking embarassed....caught in the act again.

Khanak gave him a look which clearly said..GOTCHA!!...I am smarter than you think!, her beautiful eyes seemed to say.

You certainly are not as Bholi Bhaali as you look! Seem to have quite a wily brain floating around in that pretty skull of yours! Beauty and brains.. a deadly combo! No wonder Dr Deepak is lattooo over you!, Now why don't I like that?!!, thought Shaan pursing his lips, feeling a tinge of jealousy.

Meanwhile Khanak was back to being a bunch of nerves, her sensation of triumph short lived. She was trying very hard to feel indifferent while examining Shaan but that was proving to be more difficult than she had anticipated!

Shaan watched Khanak as she barely touched his chest with her stethescope. Surprisingly he could sense her discomfort. What? The smart and cool Dr Agarwal suddenly uncomfortable? What's going on yaar? Were they playing a cat and mouse game, but their roles had suddenly switched with his turn now to be the agressor??! And what a beautiful mouse she was..

He smiled to himself, enjoying the feeling. It seemed that his exceptional charm was finally having the desired effect. The unflappable Dr Agarwal was showing signs of nervousness!! He almost rubbed his hands in glee.

He relaxed and laid back on his pillow watching her closely, knowing that she could feel his eyes on her. Her face in profile was exceptionally delicate, like Boticelli's Venus, each feature carved to perfection. Her skin smooth, seemed lit up with an inner glow in the early morning light filtering through the window. Her eyelashes fluttered against her cheek like a butterfly's wings, he wished he could feel them on his skin, and those lips, kissably perfect...hmm.

Hey! Don't get carried away Shaan! Remember what she did to you! She will use her beauty like a murder weapon and eat your heart for breakfast!..

Meantime Khanak was feeling irritated with herself. Her mind had gone a complete blank. His watching her every move was not helping much either. She was making a mockery of the examination. Her slender hand pressed gently on his belly and she traced his sutures with incredible tenderness hoping that they won't scar badly. He shivered under her touch and she jumped as if stung by static. How she wished she could kill him!!

When Khanak looked at him again, he grinned back at her unabashed. She did a cursory nerve check and he willingly followed her commands. She noticed that he gripped her fingers a little too tightly and let her hands go very relunctantly, all the while staring at her face and she was flustered that she could not meet his eyes without blushing. He was teasing her!

Nurse..? Did Mr Khandelwal have any problems yesterday?..., Khanak said to break the silence, not knowing that she was repeating herself. Shaan was amused while Nurse D' Souza looked at her puzzled, she had never seen her behaving like this before. She had always been perfectly efficient.

He has been doing fine Doctor! Are you alright?..

Khanak wanted to run away from this room, before Nurse D' Souza figured out what was going on, she was incredibly sharp. Besides she needed some fresh air, the room had suddenly grown very hot and she could feel beads of sweat running down her back. But her torturer looked cool,....Cool as a cucumber!!

Anything else, Nurse?...

Seeing Nurse D'Souza shake her head in the negative, Khanak turned to the door, when she was almost knocked down by a woman who barged in like a tsunami. And behind her followed another wave who turned out to be Shantanu's father!

The woman who Khanak presumed to be Mrs Khandelwal, was dressed too fashionably for a regular day in the hospital. Without paying her any heed, she took out something from her enormous handbag and started spraying it around the room.

There is so much badboo in here, Shaan bete how do you handle it?...Now that's much better!..she said inhaling deeply and looking around, Don't you think so?...

Khanak eyes stung and were starting to tear up from the strong fumes. She blinked her eyes to get the irritation out and looked at Shaan's father and found him staring at her.

Pehle ladka phir Baap, lagta hai poori family ka eye check up karana padega!!...

Mr Khandelwal is doing very well., in fact he should be ready to go home tomorrow once we get the okay from the surgeons! I am in a hurry, if you had any questions don't hesitate to give me a call!...

Stop! Stop! Aren't you The Dr Khanak? who saved my son's life? Isn't she Sunil? Awww..I never had the chance to thank you properly! Thank you Dr Khanak!!.., Madhavi gushed.

What??!!.. Saved my life??!!.. Dr Khanak??!!...and MY Mom Thanking somebody??.Impossible!! Shaan was in shock!!........

Mom usually does seem manic but she is Not delusional! She has never made such weird statements and heaven forbid has never thanked anybody in her life! She must be HIGH on something... Has she been smoking Hashish or Pot on the sly??..Shaan tried to catch his Dad's eye..but found him looking with what seemed like almost awe at Dr Agarwal.

Shaan couldn't believe his eyes! Something was gravely out of sequence here. He and his mom may be pushovers but not his father who he counted among the leading contenders for the title of the World's foremost MCP..( Male Chauvinist Pig!)

This innocent looking doctor was definitely a practitioner of witchcraft! For she has achieved something that no woman had achieved before..i.e. Sunil Khandelwal's undivided attention!!

Shaan swallowed nervously and looked carefully at Khanak's head, to see if she had sprouted any horns......

Seeing that no one seemed interested in asking her any questions, Khanak walked out..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was an unusual silence in the room after Khanak's departure. It was unusual because it happened in the presence of Madhavi who loved to hear the sound of her own voice. Shaan admired her for being able to carry two sides of a conversation on her own. One of his earliest memories was sitting in the car between his father and mother, she talking and his father either staring out of the window or at his newspaper ignoring her completely. Shaan guessed that she was lonely. Lot of people did weird things when they were lonely.....

Shaan my dear, you are awake! How wonderful!! How are you feeling?...

Before Shaan could open his mouth to say that he was fine...she said,

But of course, you feel awful because you Look lousy! And in those hospital clothes! Who would feel good! Nurse...who designs these things?!

Nurse D'Souza didn't bother to answer, she just waited a minute, she had caught on really fast. She was soon rewarded...

Shaan! Did you know that Dr Khanak actually saved your life, no, don't look at me that way! I am not making it up! You were actually dead and she brought you back to life! Tell him Nurse!!...

Nurse D'Souza quickly explained what Dr Khanak Agarwal had done, and that too in the nick of time, about how she had prevented his lung from collapsing.

She's a true heroine Shaan! Your father wouldn't believe it at first but Dr Joshi changed his mind! I should take her under my wing, that's the least I can do for her. Poor thing! She has an awful taste in clothes!.Don't you think so Sunil? Madhavi went on and on, while Sunil nodded at regular intervals.

So its true, she did save my life and her first name is Khanak and my mother is not HIGH..., Shaan sighed and closed his eyes. Khanak's face floated into view but now with a halo around her head!

Dr Khanak Agarwal...super smart, dedicated to her job, breathtakingly beautiful, with a quirky sense of humor and now his Angel of Mercy!!!... What a CV!! He would have hired her right away but she was not available... He sighed again!.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shaan was discharged home the following evening, to his great disappointment and his mother's too for she thought he would stay till his stitches came out. It took a while for Khanak to explain to her that they did not do so any more and he was better off at home than in the hospital. Shaan barely had a chance to see her as she rushed in and out of his room as if she had a plane to catch!

Maybe its because of me!, Shaan hoped but then shook his head in denial. No Buddhu, she's done with you! Besides she has other patients who need her!.. But how can she abandon me? I Need her more!!...he thought wistfully.

The next few days went by slowly and Shaan steadily felt his strength coming back again, though he couldn't yet run a marathon, he knew that day was not too far away.

There were some mishaps when overcome with hunger he had a big dinner and spent the night moaning in pain. The on call doc reassured them and asked him to take it slow.

He wanted to go back to work, but Akshay and his father ruled against this until after his follow up appointments so he was practically home bound. In order to keep out of the way of Khushboo and sometimes his mother he frequently pretended to be asleep or go for a walk by himself or with Megha who always brought a smile to his face.

Chaachu!! Why didn't you find Doctor Aunty??!! Teddy misses her!...she said, almost in tears..

I'm so sorry honey!! I didn't have the time! Maybe I should have asked Dr Khanak..., Shaan said...

He thought, Khanak....what a beautiful name for a beautiful face, like the dainty tinkle of bangles!

Khanak was the reason he couldn't relax and take it easy. Even if he succeeded in distracting himself, she did not fail to reappear.

She had become his mother's favorite topic of discussion though for all the wrong reasons. Madhavi wanted to give her a makeover! He longed to tell her that Khanak was perfect in every sense, she did not need any embellishments. But he held himself back for fear of his feelings being revealed.

Dadi ma considered Dr Agarwal as a reincarnation of some ancient heroine, a healer with divine powers who had taken birth in this KALYUG to remind people like him and his Dad that God did exist. He believed that sooner or later Dadi would erect a Shrine in her honour and make her a living saint.

Even Akshay never failed to drop her name in his presence, was he aware of his feelings? After all he was his brother..

OMG! Logic says that what he was feeling was a natural response toward someone who had brought him back from the brink of death. She had probably forgotten about him already and was off hobnobbing with that hated Dr Deepak!! But his heart told him otherwise, that it wasn't just an infatuation!!

Reason and wishful thinking were playing tug of war with his heart strings and he couldn't rest till he figured it out on his own! And for that he would have to meet her again...

Chachu!! Are you okay? Megha looked worried, finding him sitting holding his head on the park bench. She had always seen him looking self assured and confident.

I am fine sweetheart, just trying to figure out a riddle!..

Anyway Chachu, you don't have to pretend that you have a headache!! Dad told me that you don't go to school anymore!!, she declared laughing.

Shaan shook his head and smiled and then his smile grew broader as he realised that Megha's innocent chatter had given him an idea of how to solve his dilemma.

He laughed loudly surprising Megha, kissed her on both cheeks and hugged her tight, calling her his little Angel!........

I think about you night and day

I talk about you in my sleep

Though I try hard to push you away

My heart is your home for keeps!

~~~~~

So I feel that the confusion in Shaan's psyche is similar to a storm of sorts..! So I found this piece of music..Vivaldi's Storm to go along with it! Please enjoy!! The artist is the wonderful Itzhak Perlman!Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N00XKtROddc

Please read and comment, hope I'm making sense!!Big smile

Edited by simiv - 31 March 2011 at 7:12am

The following 38 member(s) liked the above post:

pooja.88shonaiktymfantina2minaKrazEeeAzaraAAnu80angel_9nk.mailsweetsutek.krithikaRiddhiShetyeshiksha_03dishbhan-mesmerised-iluvmanar-Ray-saaaz-SYS-rafia 24-Unknown-22jparker-YasharanArshi-purvi08RB81-Manita-priya_cool_123Roshni_MXx.Phoenix.xXOlicityFandestinylovePhoenixRadarFanaahadventure_gurlkubarerooj-i-Deepali-shanakyasharan

Go to top