Rang Badalti Odhani

India-Forums

Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

Shaan's Relationship With His Parents... (Page 2)

-Veena- IF-Stunnerz
-Veena-
-Veena-

Posted: 09 March 2011 at 11:51am | IP Logged

Hey May ... good topic!! I am going to talk fast as i have a meeting coming.. LOL!

Ok.. here is my take.
Shaan's relationship with his parents is not what is making him react this way.. i think it is his 'maturity' that is making him feel this. ShaNak haven't even completed one year of marriage.. yes they love each other very much but with the circumstance they got married in.. the need time to know each other more and understand each other.. Shaan is not stable in his profession yet (whatever that he peruses!) Khanak being the independent girl she is doesn't need to be tied down (yet) -- Ok so this is my feeling regarding Khanak. LOL

In all this should we point it toward SunAvi .. nope.. i wouldn't .. they did make mistakes .. all parents do.. regardless of how many books that are written on parenting ... to each its own.. every parent have their own battles to fight. So did SunAvi and they do realize it.. but that has gotten nothing to do with Shaan's decision currently.

In all this .. i feel for all of them..
SunAvi for wanting to become grandparents. I will not blame them if they expect or request.. this is their haak! Only valid.
Shaan in feeling how he does... still there is plenty to do and look forward to .. Baby will come but in time.
Khanak.. the bahu and the daughter she has been this is her way of showing respect.... I have a feeling that Shaan will make her understand that really now is not the time for a baby and she will understand.

In all this .. i want my Shaan to come thru for me... comeon Shaan!!!
Love this show *sigh*

Sorry for the lammmba gyaan.. i will be quiet now.. LOL

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

SHANAKFANpreitijyothi1989WooHooHaha21destinylove-Manita-The_May_Rose-Deepali-

The_May_Rose IF-Sizzlerz
The_May_Rose
The_May_Rose

Posted: 09 March 2011 at 5:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Veena-

Hey May ... good topic!! I am going to talk fast as i have a meeting coming.. LOL!
Ok.. here is my take.

Shaan's relationship with his parents is not what is making him react this way.. i think it is his 'maturity' that is making him feel this. ShaNak haven't even completed one year of marriage.. yes they love each other very much but with the circumstance they got married in.. the need time to know each other more and understand each other.. Shaan is not stable in his profession yet (whatever that he peruses!) Khanak being the independent girl she is doesn't need to be tied down (yet) -- Ok so this is my feeling regarding Khanak. LOL
I think Shaan is actually quite mature....But he wants to remain a bachaa or behaves like a child....I got that impression today, when he was speaking to Khanak and Akshay....

In all this should we point it toward SunAvi .. nope.. i wouldn't .. they did make mistakes .. all parents do.. regardless of how many books that are written on parenting ... to each its own.. every parent have their own battles to fight. So did SunAvi and they do realize it.. but that has gotten nothing to do with Shaan's decision currently.

I am not sure I blame SunAvi exactly....But their actions, may have had an influence on his attitude about children...I accept every parent faces different issues regarding parenting...I guess I's ment SunAvi needed to think about ShaNak choice too, or be more aware of their confusion....Guess they were just too excitedLOL....
Seeing today's episode....I am inclined to agree with you about Shaan...It's not about his parents he just wants more time with Khanak...

In all this .. i feel for all of them..
SunAvi for wanting to become grandparents. I will not blame them if they expect or request.. this is their haak! Only valid.
Shaan in feeling how he does... still there is plenty to do and look forward to .. Baby will come but in time.
Khanak.. the bahu and the daughter she has been this is her way of showing respect.... I have a feeling that Shaan will make her understand that really now is not the time for a baby and she will understand.

I already felt for ShaNak, but my heart went out to SunAvi in today's episode...Ofcourse grandparent have a right to dream....I liked how Madhavi is asking Shaan to think about it...Tha's not so pushy I guess....

In all this .. i want my Shaan to come thru for me... comeon Shaan!!!
Love this show *sigh*
Oh he will, he showed some of his true colurs in the restaurant scene....Behind the burthalness, there is a mahapurush hiding... 
Sorry for the lammmba gyaan.. i will be quiet now.. LOL 
Don't say that, I loved your post Veena!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

SHANAKFANWooHooHaha21-Manita--Veena-

WooHooHaha21 IF-Dazzler
WooHooHaha21
WooHooHaha21

Posted: 09 March 2011 at 7:36pm | IP Logged
I agree with may here that sunavi are being way too selfish here.. I love the entire fMily but not like this.. I mean instead of persuading khanak they should or atleast madhvi should go and talk to boo abt whatever happened!! khushboo needs to come out and explain the reason and that too a very valid one!! And I wanna see why Akshay is 'shutup'!! Before I thought maybe there's some serious issue with boo but now I'm thinking that it's just that she did not want babies for no reason!! I seriously dont get this boo's abortion.. CV's need to explore that 2moro..

Coming to ShaNak may is right here.. It should be there mutual decision not khanak asking him to do a favour!! And also I would want veena's first prediction to come true here.. That in the process of khanak persuading Shaan, Shaan actually gets angry and takes his anger out on his parents and then go and make khanak understand that they are NOT ready for babies!!

Edited by WooHooHaha21 - 09 March 2011 at 7:38pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

The_May_Rose

tvrasika IF-Rockerz
tvrasika
tvrasika

Posted: 09 March 2011 at 8:59pm | IP Logged
Good point May.

Hope Shaan reminds Sunil and Madhvi abt their time as parents and tells them to wait for sometime....

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

WooHooHaha21The_May_Rose-Veena-

aditee IF-Rockerz
aditee
aditee

Posted: 09 March 2011 at 9:12pm | IP Logged
Hi! May,

A good one. In fact I was thinking of posting something along those lines on CC

In India a marriage is not only with a hubby, but in a certain sense you are bonded to his parents also

A joint family places a unique set of expectations on a person.

You are not "allowed" to take certain decisions that you might have if you lived alone with the hubby

Expectations about wanting grand kids are almost always routine in every marriage.

Most in-laws use many tactics in order to achieve this goal.

It may range from emotionally black mailing their son to calling the daughter-in-law's parents and "indicating" their wish

It all depends on how resolute and firm the young couple are in their goals.

Iam not sure how intelligently they will take this track forward

Whether they will show Shaan relent and go to bed with Khanak
Whether that will result in a pregnancy
Whether he will throw a fit and stand by his opinion
Whether he will feel sympathetic towards his parents and wont be averse to the idea at all

If after everything going well, whether it results in a pregnancy is the biggest question

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

WooHooHaha21The_May_Rose-Veena-

-YasharanArshi- IF-Rockerz
-YasharanArshi-
-YasharanArshi-

Posted: 09 March 2011 at 10:44pm | IP Logged
Wow May .. Really Great Post !!!!

I would really like to see the frustration and anger in Shantanu ... Especially When he remembers his childhoood and the most precious moments that were missing in his young life !!!!!

This would actually blend into a beautiful and an emotional track for the story too ..Khanak trying to persuade him .. Shaan finally getting angry and revealing his inhibitions ... Khanak finally understanding and Shanak explaining to SunAvi !!!!!

Wow ... a track with great potential i must say !!!!!!
But kya pata CVs ke dimaaag main kya hain ... Hope they dont ruin the track !!!!!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

preitiWooHooHaha21The_May_Rose-Veena-

jyothi1989 IF-Dazzler
jyothi1989
jyothi1989

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 6:10am | IP Logged
gr8 thought may never thought in that way gr8 post

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

WooHooHaha21The_May_Rose

The_May_Rose IF-Sizzlerz
The_May_Rose
The_May_Rose

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 8:44am | IP Logged
@Natty - I thought the same thing regarding Khushboo....On the surface she was shpwn to be shallow and only thinging about her figure....But seeing her talk to Khanak, made me wonder if there was another reason....
We don't know anything about her own mother...I thought there may be somting related to that....
Look at me! LOL....Parents ke peeche he pari hoon Embarrassed....Sorry to all Mums and Dads out there....

@Gaayu - Hope so too....

@Aditee - So true Aditee....I once read a article jokingly titled ' Married to the Mob '....I have seen many examples where parents comand an authority over their children....In some ways in is comforting, children know their boundries & values and grow up as grounded individuals....

But at the same time, if parents are behaving in an unfare manner, there should be healthy discusson about it....Only then can their be positive change....I just want to stress SunAvi are not extreme in their behaviour, they have just voiced their wishes.......

@Shalini - Exactly the track has alot of potential....That's all I am going to say.....

@Jyothi - Thanks....

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SHANAKFANWooHooHaha21

Go to top