Posted: 10 March 2011 at 9:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ankit_nyc
Not for nothing, Bakhtiyar may be hot-tempered but at least he has some sort of respect for his home, and culture........Vindoo on the other hand comes off as a total loser........what kind of an Indian man would refuse to teach Hindi/punjabi to his daughter, refuse to feed her Indian food, refuse to teach her anythign about the Indian culture, cut off all contact between his family and his parents..........Hands down it is Vindoo who needs a doctor, Bakhtiyaar just needs his wife back so he can get back to living normally, and get away from that Russian.......
haila! ankit?? just when i get disheartened from reading bakhtiyaar being bashed left and right and dina being seen as the epitome of sweetness and grace i see your post!
u probably dont remember me from the DID forum lol.....
Anyways bakhtiyaar has his problems, he is loud, rude and childish at times, but dina aint no saint either. in fact i found dina to be worse.... she is manipulative but she does it quietly.
1. i did not see her doing any house work at the irani house. she maybe a princess in her home but she has to keep in mind that when she is in tanaaz's house she is taking over tanaaz's place and for the first four days live as tanaaz does. I am pretty sure tanaaz doesnt just go play with her son all day and let the whole household slide off like that.
2. Am sorry but she is dirty, and a slob. any grown up civilized person knows how to clean up and keep their living space clean, which i didnt see in her one bit. Plus keeping the dishes in the sink like that, too gross, lets not even go there! even the guests that come in my house offer to wash their own plate (which ofcourse i dont let them because they r guests lol).
3. bakhtiyaar didnt complain about doing the dishes at the beginning. the time he came to tell her about the dishes at first time, he started out calmly, low tone, saying dont leave the plate like that. it was a sincere request. and she ended up saying if you dont wanna argue then dont talk. so essentially saying that if he does criticize her for something or call her out on her bad habits, then there will be an argument. now isnt that a great way to go.... "i can make a mess and live however i want and you shouldnt try to correct me if you dont wanna argue" which is pretty much what she said
4. a lot of people are saying bakhtiyaar should respect her because she is a woman. Well guess what, no one is entitled to respect by birth, you earn respect through your actions, words and attitude, regardless of whether you are a man or a woman. I found dina to be poor in all of these. A lady should act like one if she wants to be treated as one, and that includes not using words like f**k and a****le. am not a moral police, i use those words too, but then i dont go around acting like an angel and demanding respect.
5. what she did in the second episode about the donation thing was way too cheap, and shez calling bakhtiyaar cheap?? for what purpose? he followed ALL her rules even though she was a nightmare through out, and she is upset because he didnt buy a juicer for her which she is only going to use for four days? are you kidding me?! the sign that she put on the street had his full name on it, its like begging, and begging on his behalf.... thats way too low. lady or not, if someone put up a sign like that with my name on it, implying that am begging for money, i would slap that person across the face! that wasnt a joke, that was a way for her to get back at him and a very bad one at that. She needs to realize that she may be living in the lap of luxury with four full time servants and tons of money but others do not, people have real financial constraints and making fun of that is in very poor taste.
6. Did anyone notice that whenever someone tries to make a valid point against dina she becomes loud, and laughing and clapping, and essentially not letting them put their point across. She did it both times when bakhtiyaar tried to show the pictures and tell her that she isnt following the rules, in the face off even her husband was telling her to let the others speak.
7. in the face off the way she asks tanaaz how can you live with such a cheap person and says such bad things about her husband. tanaaz acted coolly and said we love each other a lot and you dont know him the way i do, but ofcourse madame cut tanaaz off, because she didnt want tanaaz to show the understanding and happiness they have, she wanted to humiliate bakhtiyaar which is why she asked that question. she did not have any genuine sympathy for tanaaz, she only wanted to vent.
Bakhtiyaar has his problems, ego, insecurity, temper and all of that, but dina needled him and pushed him into reacting. From what i saw Dina was a very spoilt lady, and thats fine, she can be whichever way in her house, but she failed in the irani house completely! playing with the child isnt what being a mother or bei ng the lady of the house is all about, even a 7 or 8 yr old child can do that. anyways all the comments calling dina sweet and nice are seriously making me wonder if am watching the same show as you guys because all i saw was a manipulative, dirty and lazy woman