Mythological Masti

India-Forums

Mythological Masti
Mythological Masti

~~Anand Sagar's "RAMAYAN" AT#1~~ (Page 42)

ankita2804 IF-Rockerz
ankita2804
ankita2804

Posted: 13 August 2012 at 1:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

I didn't like Dashrath either Ankita. So far from all the characters, only Kaushalya has impressed me. She's a good actress, and Sumitra is nice too but has no dialogues yet. 

Oh yaa, agree. I realy have expectations with Kaushalya, but as it was the first day, may be that's why her skills didn't get shown. but I hope she does well.. and same goes with Sumitra, because I really dont expect even a single thing from this so called MIss India/world Kaikeyi to do justice (except the bitterness LOL )

Dashrath is too young and is shown way too partial towards Kaikeyi. In the beginning, they show him doing aarti to her because she saved his life in battle (even that was inaccurate, as that story comes way before, not now), and poor Kaushalya and Sumitra are looking on with smiles plastered on their faces.

Whaaattt...???!!! They showed Dashrath doing Aarti...??!!! (LOL, I thought it was Ram, who first started giving such respect to womankind). Thanks for informing this Janu Di, now I hate him too. The actor playing Dashrath is also a good actor, has done many shows earlier, that's why I am expecting some good from him. you are right, they chose very old actors as compared to Dashrath (I dont know what to say actually, old Rani-s or young Dashrath Confused).  I did not liked the hair accesories of Kaikeyi even a biit, its making her look cruel from now only.

Kaikeyi and Manthara were so poorly chosen, I don't like them at all! I even prefer ASR's Manthara, that's how horrible the new one is.LOL

I am so grateful to ASR because they made me love and  know Kaikeyi (her feelings, and how she got exploited by Manthara). but this Ramayan wont b able to show the good side of Kaikeyi... and this couple (kaikeyi-Manthara) are hilariousss as well as unbearable...Angry

Yes, the way Vaikunta was portrayed was poor, but I too liked the devtas and the misty heavens. The babies were very cute yes, but they were too old to be newborns.LOL Baby Ram was sooo cute, but I doubt he was that old when he was named, lol.

I didn't like that kaikeyi was shown first who revealed about her pregnancy to Dashrath instead of Kaushalya... this scene in ASR was put sooo nicely.. wow Day Dreaming. I loved the bonding of KSK and Dashrath in ASR so muchhh. Sagar Pictures were in soo hurry that they did not even care about the casting I guess LOL Tongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 13 August 2012 at 4:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ankita2804

Oh yaa, agree. I realy have expectations with Kaushalya, but as it was the first day, may be that's why her skills didn't get shown. but I hope she does well.. and same goes with Sumitra, because I really dont expect even a single thing from this so called MIss India/world Kaikeyi to do justice (except the bitterness LOL ) Yeah, ususally the Sagars choose good actresses for Kaikeyi, but this time they totally sucked, lol. Shikha is not at all suitable for the role. She'd be better suited in a totally evil role, not a good one like our Ma Kaikeyi.

Whaaattt...???!!! They showed Dashrath doing Aarti...??!!! (LOL, I thought it was Ram, who first started giving such respect to womankind). Thanks for informing this Janu Di, now I hate him too. The actor playing Dashrath is also a good actor, has done many shows earlier, that's why I am expecting some good from him. you are right, they chose very old actors as compared to Dashrath (I dont know what to say actually, old Rani-s or young Dashrath Confused).  I did not liked the hair accesories of Kaikeyi even a biit, its making her look cruel from now only. I know, it's not just her accessories but also her expressions. She seems like a negative character, and Dashrath as a character is annoying in this show. He seems like he's in Kaikeyi land all the time and doesn't care about his other wives, I hated that portrayal of him as he was a great King and husband.Ouch

I am so grateful to ASR because they made me love and  know Kaikeyi (her feelings, and how she got exploited by Manthara). but this Ramayan wont b able to show the good side of Kaikeyi... and this couple (kaikeyi-Manthara) are hilariousss as well as unbearable...Angry Yeah, ASR's Kaikeyi was really great. She was so cute and bubbly and charming. I loved her cheerfulness (though sometimes it was overdone in the Bal kand episodes) and then the realistic transition when she exiled Ram. Also the way she expressed remorse later on was so well done!

I didn't like that kaikeyi was shown first who revealed about her pregnancy to Dashrath instead of Kaushalya... this scene in ASR was put sooo nicely.. wow Day Dreaming. I loved the bonding of KSK and Dashrath in ASR so muchhh.  Exactly, you're right. ASR gave respect to all three queens, and they revealed their pregnancy in the order of their status as Maharani, which was suitable.ClapSagar Pictures were in soo hurry that they did not even care about the casting I guess LOL Tongue 
ankita2804 IF-Rockerz
ankita2804
ankita2804

Posted: 14 August 2012 at 2:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

Yeah, ususally the Sagars choose good actresses for Kaikeyi, but this time they totally sucked, lol. Shikha is not at all suitable for the role. She'd be better suited in a totally evil role, not a good one like our Ma Kaikeyi.

Dont know what was going on with the casting directors that time... She would have been best choice for Supanakha LOL 

I know, it's not just her accessories but also her expressions. She seems like a negative character, and Dashrath as a character is annoying in this show. He seems like he's in Kaikeyi land all the time and doesn't care about his other wives, I hated that portrayal of him as he was a great King and husband.Ouch

REally Di, I still cant forget Pankaj ji's portrayal of Dashrath ji... His face automatically portrayed his equal love and respect for his wives. He had a glory of a 'Chakravarty Raja' . and remember his last scenes before death, OMG Shocked , he was sooo very perfect.. !! Clap Not  a single person could resist from crying during those scenes, where he portrayed the role of a helpless father, who knows that his son is suffering from injustice but he cant do anything ... Cry .

Yeah, ASR's Kaikeyi was really great. She was so cute and bubbly and charming. I loved her cheerfulness (though sometimes it was overdone in the Bal kand episodes) and then the realistic transition when she exiled Ram. Also the way she expressed remorse later on was so well done!

LOL hahaha,, true... sometimes the king and Kaikeyi over did 'Mera Ram, Mera Ram' ... 

I thought that at least costumes will be good these time, but I personally didn't liked the dresses Unhappy ... I liked that they are given something different than 'Lahenga-Choli' ... but that waist wrapping cloth part I found the most odd thing,, it could have been wore little nicely... Ermm

Exactly, you're right. ASR gave respect to all three queens, and they revealed their pregnancy in the order of their status as Maharani, which was suitable.Clap

[/QUOTE]

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..RamKiJanaki..

ankita2804 IF-Rockerz
ankita2804
ankita2804

Posted: 14 August 2012 at 2:27pm | IP Logged
wrong post Tongue

Edited by ankita2804 - 14 August 2012 at 2:28pm
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 14 August 2012 at 3:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ankita2804

Dont know what was going on with the casting directors that time... She would have been best choice for Supanakha LOL  Lol, that'd have been very convincing.LOL
REally Di, I still cant forget Pankaj ji's portrayal of Dashrath ji... His face automatically portrayed his equal love and respect for his wives. He had a glory of a 'Chakravarty Raja' . and remember his last scenes before death, OMG Shocked , he was sooo very perfect.. !! Clap Yeah, he was such a good actor throughout the serial. Even ASR mentioned how Kaikeyi was the favorite wife and Ram the favorite son, but they did not disrespect the other wives or sons. There were cute scenes of Dashrath with Kaushalya and Sumitra too, and remember that scene before Ram's marriage when Dashrath mentions how his sons are his very life? I have a feeling this new Ramayan is going to over-emphasize Ram being favorite just like they over-emphasized Kaikeyi. Not  a single person could resist from crying during those scenes, where he portrayed the role of a helpless father, who knows that his son is suffering from injustice but he cant do anything ... Cry . Yes, those scenes were sooo sad, even I could not stop my tears. The only tiff I had with them is that they made Dashrath seem a bit too desperate when he was trying to stop Ram from leaving. I guess it was natural for him in that situation, but in just that scene his acting seemed a bit overdone, otherwise he was a wonderful choice for Dashrath all around.Clap

LOL hahaha,, true... sometimes the king and Kaikeyi over did 'Mera Ram, Mera Ram' ... That's also what I mean...the "mera ram, mere ram..." was a bit over the top at timesLOL, but coming from Kaikeyi it didn't seem all that unnatural, because she did love Ram a lot. She, Kaushalya, and Sumitra were all perfect examples of how stepmothers should be and what their duties are.Clap
I thought that at least costumes will be good these time, but I personally didn't liked the dresses Unhappy ... I liked that they are given something different than 'Lahenga-Choli' ... but that waist wrapping cloth part I found the most odd thing,, it could have been wore little nicely... Ermm I actually kind of liked the costumes, but the jewelry was what I did not like. Like Lola mentioned in another thread, Kaikeyi's crown looked like a dinosaur spine.LOL It was too much, and also the gold did not seem like gold. It seemed kind of old and worn out. In general the settings and jewelry weren't impressive, and even the costumes weren't perfect like you said. I think so far, Dkdm had the perfect costumes. For Satya yuga they are perfect...though in treta yuga the Goddesses did not wear sleeveless blouses, they looked natural on Sati and Parvathi. In ASR, I liked the queens' outfits when they did not show cleavage, and Sita's during Uttarkand. I really loved Sita's outfit and jewelry during Uttarkand, she looked like a real queen.
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 16 August 2012 at 7:04am | IP Logged
Anyone online right now?
...Mina... IF-Dazzler
...Mina...
...Mina...

Posted: 16 August 2012 at 7:46am | IP Logged
hii folks !! im back from india finally.Big smile hope everything here is fine, im glad ur moving the pages of this thread! 

how u all r doing ?? have i missed anything?TongueEmbarrassed
ankita2804 IF-Rockerz
ankita2804
ankita2804

Posted: 16 August 2012 at 8:40am | IP Logged
Hiiieee Mina...

Welcome  Cat Icons

Go to top