Mythological Masti

India-Forums

Mythological Masti
Mythological Masti

~~Anand Sagar's "RAMAYAN" AT#1~~ (Page 148)

Incense IF-Sizzlerz
Incense
Incense

Posted: 16 September 2012 at 2:04pm | IP Logged
^ yes the pushpha vaatika scene is absolute delight to watch and then the second lead is good too...and i cheated and actually sneak peak that lakshman and urmila scene ( i m always partial towards lakshmanji and urmilaLOL) and its actually taken from the folk tales of central india...in central india there are lots of story on lakshmanji infact there is whole gond ramayani based on chaste relationship between sitaji and lakshmana and  lots of sub tales about lakshmana and his wife originate there... it is according to a legend that lakshmana wasnt ready for the marriage as he had rendered his life in the service of lord rama so he asked urmila not to marry her but urmila was determinate it is said that sitaji who was incarnation of lakshmi ji also told her not to marry lakshmana as she was aware of the mishappenings that will befall on her and sitamaa was concerned about her well being but urmila requested sita to grant her wish knowing it sitama blessed her ...then lord rama came to lakshmana who was sort of confused regarding urmila ji he then told him the importance of love and marriage and then lakshmana finally agreed to marry

well that was the folk tale coming to epi it was amazing

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Varnita...RamKiJanaki..

Varnita. IF-Sizzlerz
Varnita.
Varnita.

Posted: 16 September 2012 at 2:31pm | IP Logged
^^ Thanku SO much for the info aarti, I never knew that soch folk stories also exist which tell these things. and the thing of Sitaji asking Urmila not to marry lakshmana is Completely new for me Shocked
Thanku SO much for letting us know Hug

Well I m happy that U r enjoying the episodes, i agree the Pushpa Vatika scene is one of the most Divine and worthy scene of ASR, It has appropriate Romance and divnity as needed, Gurmeet and Debina just have put all theur emotions in the scene making it PERFECT. I m sure U would love the Vivaah Sequece too. The sets songs and environment in the Vivaah episodes was set so Perfectly that anyone can fall in love Aplus Gurmeet Debina looked so divine specially debina looked Ultimate beautiful in those episodes. Just wait dear, watching them will be a treat for U Wink

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Incense..RamKiJanaki..

Incense IF-Sizzlerz
Incense
Incense

Posted: 16 September 2012 at 2:42pm | IP Logged
its pleasure varnita i seriously need these wonderful epis after watching the new ramayan wen my r head really spin 360 degreeWacko...love to watch them...and i shouldnt compare while pushpa vaatika and eyelock was so divine and blissful here... this scene is completely ruined in the new ramayana neha was good but ramji he was so stiff and then the effect they use were gross..they showed the pics of ramji in the eyes of sitaji and vicevresa ...crap i have seen it so many times in B grade ichadhaari snake lovers kind of movie... sitaji and ramji was looking like some ichadharis naag avtaar thereOuch no offence but i felt so...thank god i have this ramayan to watch 

Edited by arti07 - 16 September 2012 at 2:44pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 16 September 2012 at 2:45pm | IP Logged
@Arti,

Oh wow, so that garden scene between Lakshman and Urmila is from a folk story?Shocked Thank you sooo much for letting me know Arti, I just love it when I find out from which source the stories of ASR were drawn from. I used to think this was a fictional interpolation of the Sagars to lengthen the series so I used to not like it, but now I have a special appreciation for it because like you, even I have a soft corner for Lakshman and Urmila. Urmila is not written much in Ramayan, and I love how the Sagars of this Ramayan gave her a lot more screen space and importance. There are actually quite a few Lakshman-Urmila scenes you will see down the line, especially in Ayodhya Kand when Lakshman leaves for exile, and Urmila is left brokenhearted.Cry

Here's a song that comes during Yudh Kand when Ram remembers Sita, Sita remembers Ram, and Lakshman-Urmila remember each other. See from 2:43-3:05 where you will see a glimpse of Lakshman and Urmila's farewell until you get to the actual scene.

@Varnita,

Do you remember that scene during vanvaas when Lakshman remembers Urmila and cries, and Ram consoles him? I forgot which episode it is from but I think if you post it here, Arti will enjoy seeing that too.Smile
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 16 September 2012 at 2:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by arti07

its pleasure varnita i seriously need these wonderful epis after watching the new ramayan wen my r head really spin 360 degreeWacko...love to watch them...and i shouldnt compare while pushpa vaatika and eyelock was so divine and blissful here... this scene is completely ruined in the new ramayana neha was good but ramji he was so stiff and then the effect they use were gross..they showed the pics of ramji in the eyes of sitaji and vicevresa ...crap i have seen it so many times in B grade ichadhaari snake lovers kind of movie... sitaji and ramji was looking like some ichadharis naag avtaar thereOuch no offence but i felt so...thank god i have this ramayan to watch 

Aww, I felt the same way Arti. There was no chemistry between Ram and Sita in the newer Ramayan. I think Neha was trying hard, but without Gagan's cooperation she cannot do everything, could she? Gagan was extremely stiff in the pushp vatika scene, as if his heart and soul weren't into it. Maybe the reason Gurmeet and Debina were so natural is that they were a real couple even then, so the love reflected in their eyes was real, but then Arun Govil and Deepika were not a real couple and yet their pushp vatika scene was also divine in the 1986 Ramayan, so chemistry can be achieved between actors who are not a real couple.

I also did not like the effects of the close-up eyes, like you said it looked very odd and out of place for the scene. Sometimes, simplicity works best and what the new Ramayan could have done was to cut down on the pointless Sunaina scenes in the beginning of the episode and spend more time on the pushp vatika, which was very rushed and sloppy.
Incense IF-Sizzlerz
Incense
Incense

Posted: 16 September 2012 at 2:52pm | IP Logged
thanks a lot my love for urmila and lakshmana started with sunil and anjali they were so cute and loved how equally good ankit and meenakshi are they really compliment each other but i love gurmeet and debina moreEmbarrassed...i loved the restlessness in debi oops sitaji's eyes wen sitaji's sister teased her really that scene was protrayed so well and then the aarti that sitaji performed was amazing...

..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 16 September 2012 at 2:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Varnita.

Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

@Varnita,

Okie dokies honey, we'll give each other our gifts in the new AT.Wink Btw, who will open it? Do you know if mina is online? If not, I have an idea. Why don't I do the intro posts and you reserve a post after that for posting information on your channel that has all the videos, as well as your facebook page for Ramayan (and all other pages for AS Ramayan if you can post them). Unless you want to do the intro? In which case it's fine by me. U do open it Sweetheart, I m tired of Opening the ATs of Gurmeet in JDJ and PV Forum LOL. Okay, granted.LOL Give it a Beautiful intro and adorn the thread Beautifully and Divinely Smile. Ur Idea Seems to be good, I will reserve my posts then to give the info ant my Ramayan Channel and FB Fan Pages. This thread is kept quite simple in the beginning but the New thread should be adorned to a level to captivate everyone's Sight Smile I agree, we should also advertise this thread through facebook I think, so that members who do not have IF accounts will become attracted to the thread and join IF just to chat here. Keep your fingers crossed.Wink

And thanks for the grammer lesson. It actually has helped me a lot, because I think this is how I'll learn to differentiate the words when watching hindi shows or movies. So it cannot be "Putrivat Vatsalya Diye Le Aaye Nij Dhaam" because he's not offering her multiple ashrams, right? lol U have written the line wrongly, it is" Putrivat Vatsalya de Aashram me Diya Sthan" Lol, I combined RSR and ASR's version of the songs.LOL and yes it cannot be "Putrivat Vatsalya De, Aarshram me 'Diye' Sthaan" because the sentence will mean giving many places in the Aashram. LOL Thanks :) I think I understand now.
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 16 September 2012 at 2:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by arti07

thanks a lot my love for urmila and lakshmana started with sunil and anjali they were so cute and loved how equally good ankit and meenakshi are they really compliment each other but i love gurmeet and debina moreEmbarrassed...i loved the restlessness in debi oops sitaji's eyes wen sitaji's sister teased her really that scene was protrayed so well and then the aarti that sitaji performed was amazing...

Aaah, I just love Sunil and Anjali as Lakshman and Urmila. Though Ankit and Meenakshi were also good and complimented each other well, I think Sunil and Anjali remain the best in those roles. I especially always get teary eyed during that scene when Lakshman says, "Though the world may not recognize your sacrifice, I will and it will keep me going for the 14 years." or something like that.CryCry

But yeah, Gurmeet and Debina were the best couple in the show. My fandom for them started as Ram and Sita and grew after they revealed that they were a real life couple, and then got married last year. It's all like a dream come true.Day Dreaming

Btw, you will also love Shatrughan and Shrutakirti once you come to the episodes where Dashrath and the other bros come to Mithila. Shatrughan is so naughty and tries to get a glimpse of Shrutakirti.LOL

Incense

Go to top