~~Anand Sagar's "RAMAYAN" AT#1~~ - Page 112

Posted: 11 years ago
its pleasure varnita i seriously need these wonderful epis after watching the new ramayan wen my r head really spin 360 degree...love to watch them...and i shouldnt compare while pushpa vaatika and eyelock was so divine and blissful here... this scene is completely ruined in the new ramayana neha was good but ramji he was so stiff and then the effect they use were gross..they showed the pics of ramji in the eyes of sitaji and vicevresa ...crap i have seen it so many times in B grade ichadhaari snake lovers kind of movie... sitaji and ramji was looking like some ichadharis naag avtaar there no offence but i felt so...thank god i have this ramayan to watch 

Edited by arti07 - 11 years ago
@Arti,

Oh wow, so that garden scene between Lakshman and Urmila is from a folk story?😲 Thank you sooo much for letting me know Arti, I just love it when I find out from which source the stories of ASR were drawn from. I used to think this was a fictional interpolation of the Sagars to lengthen the series so I used to not like it, but now I have a special appreciation for it because like you, even I have a soft corner for Lakshman and Urmila. Urmila is not written much in Ramayan, and I love how the Sagars of this Ramayan gave her a lot more screen space and importance. There are actually quite a few Lakshman-Urmila scenes you will see down the line, especially in Ayodhya Kand when Lakshman leaves for exile, and Urmila is left brokenhearted.😭

Here's a song that comes during Yudh Kand when Ram remembers Sita, Sita remembers Ram, and Lakshman-Urmila remember each other. See from 2:43-3:05 where you will see a glimpse of Lakshman and Urmila's farewell until you get to the actual scene.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLpZEaFw2J4[/YOUTUBE]

@Varnita,

Do you remember that scene during vanvaas when Lakshman remembers Urmila and cries, and Ram consoles him? I forgot which episode it is from but I think if you post it here, Arti will enjoy seeing that too.😊
Originally posted by arti07

its pleasure varnita i seriously need these wonderful epis after watching the new ramayan wen my r head really spin 360 degree...love to watch them...and i shouldnt compare while pushpa vaatika and eyelock was so divine and blissful here... this scene is completely ruined in the new ramayana neha was good but ramji he was so stiff and then the effect they use were gross..they showed the pics of ramji in the eyes of sitaji and vicevresa ...crap i have seen it so many times in B grade ichadhaari snake lovers kind of movie... sitaji and ramji was looking like some ichadharis naag avtaar there no offence but i felt so...thank god i have this ramayan to watch 

Aww, I felt the same way Arti. There was no chemistry between Ram and Sita in the newer Ramayan. I think Neha was trying hard, but without Gagan's cooperation she cannot do everything, could she? Gagan was extremely stiff in the pushp vatika scene, as if his heart and soul weren't into it. Maybe the reason Gurmeet and Debina were so natural is that they were a real couple even then, so the love reflected in their eyes was real, but then Arun Govil and Deepika were not a real couple and yet their pushp vatika scene was also divine in the 1986 Ramayan, so chemistry can be achieved between actors who are not a real couple.

I also did not like the effects of the close-up eyes, like you said it looked very odd and out of place for the scene. Sometimes, simplicity works best and what the new Ramayan could have done was to cut down on the pointless Sunaina scenes in the beginning of the episode and spend more time on the pushp vatika, which was very rushed and sloppy.
thanks a lot my love for urmila and lakshmana started with sunil and anjali they were so cute and loved how equally good ankit and meenakshi are they really compliment each other but i love gurmeet and debina more😳...i loved the restlessness in debi oops sitaji's eyes wen sitaji's sister teased her really that scene was protrayed so well and then the aarti that sitaji performed was amazing...
Originally posted by Varnita.

thanks a lot my love for urmila and lakshmana started with sunil and anjali they were so cute and loved how equally good ankit and meenakshi are they really compliment each other but i love gurmeet and debina more😳...i loved the restlessness in debi oops sitaji's eyes wen sitaji's sister teased her really that scene was protrayed so well and then the aarti that sitaji performed was amazing...

Aaah, I just love Sunil and Anjali as Lakshman and Urmila. Though Ankit and Meenakshi were also good and complimented each other well, I think Sunil and Anjali remain the best in those roles. I especially always get teary eyed during that scene when Lakshman says, "Though the world may not recognize your sacrifice, I will and it will keep me going for the 14 years." or something like that.😭😭

But yeah, Gurmeet and Debina were the best couple in the show. My fandom for them started as Ram and Sita and grew after they revealed that they were a real life couple, and then got married last year. It's all like a dream come true.

Btw, you will also love Shatrughan and Shrutakirti once you come to the episodes where Dashrath and the other bros come to Mithila. Shatrughan is so naughty and tries to get a glimpse of Shrutakirti.πŸ˜†

Ohh God ur words r just making mr ROFL, Ichadhari Naag πŸ€£
I haven't watched the Pushp Vatika scene of the new series yet but Janu Told me that it was lacking emotions from both sides. I still like neha because she looks young and youthful and gives me some glimpse of Sita but I so agree with u in case of Gagan, He looks so stiff and emotionless and completely lack the magic that Ram's Character should have. i m not liking him since the very first episode or even since when I have watched his pics before the series is started.
Keep watching this series, I m sure its scenes will satify U thoroughly and keep giving ur reviews here, It is really good to read that Someone new is loving the series πŸ˜Š
Originally posted by Varnita.

Ohh God ur words r just making mr ROFL, Ichadhari Naag πŸ€£
I haven't watched the Pushp Vatika scene of the new series yet but Janu Told me that it was lacking emotions from both sides. I still like neha because she looks young and youthful and gives me some glimpse of Sita but I so agree with u in case of Gagan, He looks so stiff and emotionless and completely lack the magic that Ram's Character should have. i m not liking him since the very first episode or even since when I have watched his pics before the series is started.
Keep watching this series, I m sure its scenes will satify U thoroughly and keep giving ur reviews here, It is really good to read that Someone new is loving the series πŸ˜Š

Yeah, I agree. It's so nice reading the reviews of new fans of Ramayan because it shows us how the show would still be successful if it was re-aired on another channel.😊
i told u naa janaki i m not getting the divine feeling from neha... she is good but i dont see sitamaa in her😳 today i watched her and thought oh she would have made great urmila but sitaji isnt the pair looks bit odd neha looks little younger. i should stop talking about them here ...okies so coming to the sitas... deepika was legend herself but debi is close...dunno but i love her more πŸ˜³

and wow they will show shatrughan too wen i saw him i thought oh my god such a handsome guy is gonna waste as shatrughan is rarely mentioned in ramayana it will be treat to watch but thats for next week πŸ˜³

Edited by arti07 - 11 years ago
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

@Varnita,

Do you remember that scene during vanvaas when Lakshman remembers Urmila and cries, and Ram consoles him? I forgot which episode it is from but I think if you post it here, Arti will enjoy seeing that too.😊

Here is the direct link of the Scene :)

Edited by Varnita. - 11 years ago