India-Forums

Behenein
Behenein

Can a Mother do this ? (Page 2)

gracious45 Senior Member
gracious45
gracious45

Posted: 09 March 2011 at 4:10pm | IP Logged

Both Purva and Smriti have made sacrifices for each other-Purva by marrying Mihir when she thought smriti's position was being compromised; and Smriti when she married Karan so that Purva-Mihir can continue to be together. Both of these decisions are utterly foolish, but both were made with the same intentions of protecting the others interest. But look at the results of that sacrifice--Purva gained a loving family, a devoted husband and Smriti got married to a psycho and bore abuse. She lost everything. It was never her fault that her MIL didnt like her and she was actively made mentally unstable. Her husband moved on so fast after Smriti supposedly died---I beleive completely ins second chances at life and that nobody can stop living for somebody else. But there should be a period of mourning, of respect for loved ones who are deceased. According to the serial timeline, Smriti became mentally unstable sometime after Prem was born, Mihir married soon after to "look after Prem", then Smriti died and Mihir slept with Purva, and she's no pregnant. According to what Akashi told in yesterdays episode, Purva has been taking care of Prem for 1-5 years and Purva herself is atleast 6 months pregnant. So its only been a few months at the most after Smriti died that Purva-Mihir consummated their relationship. Did Mihir love Smriti at all-I cant believe somebody can move on after losing a loved one after such a short period. And Smriti was still mentally unstable when her bus met with an accident and I'm guessing it took some time for her to regain her senses. And by the time she did, Purva-Mihir had already established their lives and Smriti didnt want to wreck it. So Smriti is definitely not at fault anywhere in this-she was mentally unstable when Mihir married again and she came back too late. If it is anybodys fault, it's Mihir's who couldnt tell his mother he didnt want to get married when Smriti was still alive and who didnt wait even a few months out of respect for his "dead" wife before loving Purva. Then comes Purva who married Mihir in her full senses-she knew what she was doing. Her intentions were right-but her method was absolutely, totally wrong. She also did not have a mourning period for her "dead" sister before becoming Mihir's wife.

Coming to the baby issue, while I wont say Purva loves Prem less than Smriti, but she can definitely cope with it better. Purva has her full family including her other sisters and her unborn baby to help her cope with Prem's loss; but Smriti has no one. She is completely alone-even her sisters dont support her. Purva could think of separating from Prem, Smriti couldnt. And Smriti has the right to know what happens with her child-just because she left Prem in her sister's care, everybody seems to think she should be okay if Prem is given to some random person. Her sisters had no right to interfere when she was questioning Purva, very validly. While Purva had time to come to terms with the situations, Smriti just found out in a horrible way and she is not allowed to get angry? Smriti is completely justified, and all of her sisters are wrong, especially Akashi and Anokhi. They should atleast be neutral in this situation. Smriti's one and only mistake was not taking Prem with her when she was leaving Mihir's house. At the time Purva was already pregnant and they would get another child in a few months time.
[/QUOTE]

I couldnt agree more with u. No matter how much one tries to justify purva marrying mihir and them falling in love rite after smiriti died, it will never make sense and it will always be wrong.

and also same for purva wanting to give prem away. You are right smiriti is his real mother and she has a right to know everything and disagree if she wants too. the other sisters were totally out of line, it is not like purva is some almighty that if she wants to do something everyone should agree with her.

also as much as everyone wants to deny it smiriti is the real mother of prem and even when he grows up and finds out that smiriti gave birth to him, he will leave purva and go back to smiriti.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ruchira23Riyaa147

Sid4TeamCanada IF-Sizzlerz
Sid4TeamCanada
Sid4TeamCanada

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 1:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -SweetGirl-

I hv not said anything about her love more or less Btw The baby shes giving & unborn baby ..I just said About her decision which i find very shocking ..I find it very shocking on mother part so I hv written..Intention was never to hury anyones feelings..Embarrassed
i feel pity already for that unborn kid man... kya maa mili hai.. i'm sorry lil buddy... when prem goes over to smriti, perhaps u cud too... smriti's one fierce and shileding mom yaar... go smriti!

purva - i'm quiet concerned abt her future kids to be very honest...Tongue but o well her kids her business.... Tongue my prob was her taking such a decision for a kid who isnt even her own and who she clearly doesnt see as her own either... behen ka bache kehti bhi hai aur behen se ijazat bhi nahi leti? *rolls eyes* i tell u, these selfless tv heroines irritate me so much... purva is selfless to the extent of being almost annoying..Tongue

as for feeling sorry for purva: i can't... she dug this hole for herself...her own doing...she's so dumb..why shud i feel sorry for her? if she cant take a stand for herself?... she loves to solve other ppl's problems and meddle in other people's affairs??...sab ki daadi bani phirti hai khud ki baar she is acting like a naive 10 year old kid... "tu ne mera bacha ghumaya...chalo apne bacha do!" - and purva madam to this goes "main kya karu... mai kaise du bacha.. mera paas aur koi rasta bhi nahi" - u dumbo have u never heard of the word COURTCASE?????  Wacko
_notinuse_ IF-Dazzler
_notinuse_
_notinuse_

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 12:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aweil1

i agree with  Charmgirl2141..i dont understand why people are  blame purva.. blame the writers...and yes she going to give away her unborn baby not prem...

Purva is a fictional character created by the CTs. So when people are critisizing her they ARE critisizing the writers.

Similarly if we were to critisize the plot, setting, etc...it would all indirectly "blaming" the CTs. The actor is just filling in the vision they have created.

Edited by PandorasBox - 12 March 2011 at 12:35am
_notinuse_ IF-Dazzler
_notinuse_
_notinuse_

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 12:33am | IP Logged
some people can whine and cry to the moon and back but it ain't gonna change opinions. Please don't point fingers are members for holding certain views. For me, Purva's sacrifices is nothing next to Smriti. I do not find her a worthy character let alone lead material.

It's so ridiculous but the other day I've seen a member post something disgusting about members who aren't supportive of Purva. You can say we deserve it because we might point out not so nice things about her, but really? Isn't it going too far for a fictional character? What we are doing is not the same as what that member did. First of all, we are real people and are allowed to have our own opinions and express them. Second of all,  this isn't an appreciation thread. We don't have to gush over how pretty or how bad "poor" Purva has it. How boring would that be? Dead

At the end of the day you have ur views, we have ours. We can express and discuss (in a healthy manner) but let's not get personal (at least not for some fictional character)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Omshanti1111

CharmGal Goldie
CharmGal
CharmGal

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 12:58am | IP Logged

To @PandorasBox

No one is actually taking it personal, like you said that everyone are expressing their views. They may be characters but audience love them so much that its matter to them how the CVs are leading these characters. Some people are curious how some members are unsupportive of Purva, and Smriti, on the other hand, they thinks it worth so much more than Purva. Others have different views so we may come across strongly but please dont misunderstand that. It actually shows how strongly we feel for these characters rather having a fight with other members.

I disagree with your viewpoint about thinking that
It's so ridiculous but the other day I've seen a member post something disgusting about members who aren't supportive of Purva. and Isn't it going too far for a fictional character?
That is not their intention they feels strongly about her as much as some people feels strongly about Smriti. Like some people went to far for Smriti, saying that her pain is worse than others. You could also isnt that going to far for a fictional chara cter too?

I hope I have not offend you because is it not my intention.

What I want to say for everyone is that Smriti and Purva are both my favourite leading women in Behnein. I love the fact that they are both sisters with completely different personality and layers of depth.  I think their charcters are worth as leading characters because we as members talk about them a lot in this forum and how their actions affect the other characters whereas We dont really talk about other leading characters in Behnein as much.

RamziMeriJaan

_notinuse_ IF-Dazzler
_notinuse_
_notinuse_

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 1:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Charmgirl2141

To @PandorasBox

No one is actually taking it personal, like you said that everyone are expressing their views. They may be characters but audience love them so much that its matter to them how the CVs are leading these characters. Some people are curious how some members are unsupportive of Purva, and Smriti, on the other hand, they thinks it worth so much more than Purva. Others have different views so we may come across strongly but please dont misunderstand that. It actually shows how strongly we feel for these characters rather having a fight with other members.

I disagree with your viewpoint about thinking that
It's so ridiculous but the other day I've seen a member post something disgusting about members who aren't supportive of Purva. and Isn't it going too far for a fictional character?
That is not their intention they feels strongly about her as much as some people feels strongly about Smriti. Like some people went to far for Smriti, saying that her pain is worse than others. You could also isnt that going to far for a fictional chara cter too?

I hope I have not offend you because is it not my intention.

What I want to say for everyone is that Smriti and Purva are both my favourite leading women in Behnein. I love the fact that they are both sisters with completely different personality and layers of depth.  I think their charcters are worth as leading characters because we as members talk about them a lot in this forum and how their actions affect the other characters whereas We dont really talk about other leading characters in Behnein as much.

No its not going to far by saying Smriti's sacrifice is more than Purva. I'm saying it objectively based on actions/events. If you said Purva's sacrifice is greater, that's fine too, it'd lead to nice healthy discussion.  It's going to far when people insult other members. Other than that i see no problem with people critisizing characters. You can critisize Smriti, Akashi, Purva, I see nothing wrong with that. Calling you stupid or labelling u certain things is going to far. I try to stay objective in my views. I don't support a character's action just because I like the character. I disagree with you when you said no one is taking it personal. You might not but there are certain members who cannot tolerate other perspective that goes against their favourite character and take it out on whoever said those things.

Omshanti1111

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Behenein Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index