Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

   

So you think you can kill your children? (Page 4)

MagixX IF-Rockerz
MagixX
MagixX

Joined: 24 January 2010
Posts: 6322

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 6:42am | IP Logged
Oh boy ! I spam a little too much, lol. I just realized that I turned this topic into something else..hehehehe ! LOL

See ya Angie !! Take care Smile
MagicalKash IF-Rockerz
MagicalKash
MagicalKash

Joined: 27 July 2007
Posts: 6629

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 6:59am | IP Logged
Wow. Quite a lot of discussion going on here . I agree with Doe. as I said in my first post, we can never understand the mother's pov. She most probably would have taken the decision thinking the good of her child only. But is death the only solution , that too for her child? Isn't death the last resort we opt for? Surely in her mind the mother had done her best , and I wouldn't have raised this question if she had only killed herself, but she took two another lives with her? Is that, even from a mother justified? She was depressed fine but did the children really need to pay for her misery?

Edited by MagicalKash - 11 March 2011 at 7:07am
_Angie_ IF-Rockerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Joined: 21 February 2008
Posts: 9888

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 8:03am | IP Logged

Originally posted by MagicalKash

Surely in her mind the mother had done her best , and I wouldn't have raised this question if she had only killed herself, but she took two another lives with her? Is that, even from a mother justified? She was depressed fine but did the children really need to pay for her misery?

If the cause for suicide was ill treatment by  her husband and in laws ( as per her father's statement in the news) she would not trust them to look after the kids . She would expect  them to torture her defenceless kids after her death. If she did not stand a chance before their cruelty what chance would her dependent children have of facing them on their own? To escape their torture she took the way out by committing suicide. Would it be fair to leave her children behind at the mercy of the tormentors? Wouldn't she want them to eascape the torture along with her too?

Leaving them behind while she herself escaped was unthinkable for her - this prompted her to take the extreme step!

 

Thats the only explanation I can think of right now.

If you have any other explanation for her action I'm open to it.
MagicalKash IF-Rockerz
MagicalKash
MagicalKash

Joined: 27 July 2007
Posts: 6629

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 9:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u

Originally posted by MagicalKash

Surely in her mind the mother had done her best , and I wouldn't have raised this question if she had only killed herself, but she took two another lives with her? Is that, even from a mother justified? She was depressed fine but did the children really need to pay for her misery?


Ifthe cause for suicide was ill treatment by her husband and in laws ( as per her father's statement in the news) she would not trust them to look after the kids . Shewould expect themto torture her defenceless kids after her death. If she did not stand a chance before their cruelty what chance would her dependent children have of facing them on their own? To escape their torture she took the way out by committing suicide. Would it be fair to leave her children behind at the mercy of the tormentors? Wouldn't she want them to eascape the torture along with her too?


Leaving them behind while she herself escaped was unthinkable for her - this prompted her to take the extreme step!




Thats the only explanation I can think of right now.

If you have any other explanation for her
action I'm open to it.




As I said before, it's not that she didn't have the best interest of her children in her mind , so ofcourse if she decided to kill them, she must have had her own reason for it. But death is the last resort we normally opt for. And especially if she took this decision for her children, shouldn't she first have tried asking for help? Surely she was an educated person, a lecturer I heard. So she knew her rights , she should have tried contacting police, authorities atleast her own parent . But no such report has come far . According to me if she loved her children so much that she was ready to choose death for them, that itself is brave thing, and she thought that no one else could take care of them then she should have tried living for them first . Instead to me it look like she chose dying for them instead of living for them. And that is something that I cannot make myself to agree about.
zorrro Goldie
zorrro
zorrro

Joined: 29 July 2008
Posts: 2252

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 9:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MagicalKash


As I said before, it's not that she didn't have the best interest of her children in her mind , so ofcourse if she decided to kill them, she must have had her own reason for it. But death is the last resort we normally opt for. And especially if she took this decision for her children, shouldn't she first have tried asking for help? Surely she was an educated person, a lecturer I heard. So she knew her rights , she should have tried contacting police, authorities atleast her own parent . But no such report has come far . According to me if she loved her children so much that she was ready to choose death for them, that itself is brave thing, and she thought that no one else could take care of them then she should have tried living for them first . Instead to me it look like she chose dying for them instead of living for them. And that is something that I cannot make myself to agree about.
There is nothing to agree or disagree about . I think that  unless you have actually observed someone in such cases  closely it would be very difficult to even  understand the mentality or feel the pain that  drives such people to commit suicide.
MagicalKash IF-Rockerz
MagicalKash
MagicalKash

Joined: 27 July 2007
Posts: 6629

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 10:47am | IP Logged
Ofcourse I am not saying that I understand her or I understand why she did. What she did . Ofcourse I don't but at the same time all of us have gone through huge problem, suffered maybe it was not as huge as hers , but it was definitely a huge problem for us at that time. And we should fight against it. Killing your kid is definitely not an option you should take easily. We cannot do anything about this lady or her children now . But raising this point in a public forum, in media is important just so that it doesn't become a common practice like Suicide is these days.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MagixX

MagixX IF-Rockerz
MagixX
MagixX

Joined: 24 January 2010
Posts: 6322

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 10:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MagicalKash

Ofcourse I am not saying that I understand her or I understand why she did. What she did . Ofcourse I don't but at the same time all of us have gone through huge problem, suffered maybe it was not as huge as hers , but it was definitely a huge problem for us at that time. And we should fight against it. Killing your kid is definitely not an option you should take easily. We cannot do anything about this lady or her children now . But raising this point in a public forum, in media is important just so that it doesn't become a common practice like Suicide is these days.

Yes, you are right. One mustn't see suicide as a solution, because it's not. 
zorrro Goldie
zorrro
zorrro

Joined: 29 July 2008
Posts: 2252

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 7:43am | IP Logged
right.   suicide is not to be encouraged so what do you suggest to prevent such cases in future?

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
Children of Beslan

Author: return_to_hades   Replies: 3   Views: 366

return_to_hades 3 366 13 May 2010 at 9:34am by Summer3
Your views on children studying abroad

2 3

Author: Summer3   Replies: 16   Views: 1546

Summer3 16 1546 20 October 2009 at 9:23pm by Summer3
Is physical punishment of children justified?

2 3 4

Author: karandel_2008   Replies: 26   Views: 2139

karandel_2008 26 2139 09 June 2009 at 4:25am by casper2
Forcing your religion on your children -- correct?

2 3 4 5 6

Author: Beyond_the_Veil   Replies: 47   Views: 2920

Beyond_the_Veil 47 2920 04 March 2009 at 7:22pm by qwertyesque
A family with 18 children !!

2 3 4 5

Author: anjali10   Replies: 34   Views: 2467

anjali10 34 2467 21 January 2009 at 8:43pm by qwertyesque

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index