Debate Mansion

So you think you can kill your children? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 6

Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 3 Page 6

MagixX

IF-Rockerz

MagixX

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 1:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u

Originally posted by .Doe.

I think I can understand her apprehensions as a mother, but still, killing someone else (kid or otherwise), I really think it's wrong. No matter how big the problem is, suicide isn't the solution. It just goes on the prove how coward you are..
I think there were other ways to solve the problem. And anyway, whatever it is, killing oneself is wrong, and killing someone else is even more wrong.
Suicide is usually an act of desperation and depression. Its often the last step that gets resorted to in order to escape whatever was causing the distress. As mentioned already the mother felt that her children would face a worse scenario in her absence as she felt that there would be no one to take care of them. If she was attempting to get away from the torture that her life had become how could she leave her kids behind to face that torture all by themselves?
When we say right or wrong it is from our own point of view. It may not correspond to the victim's point of view.

Obviously, whatever we say is our POV, that's why we post here, lolzzzz !

Suicide is the last step ? It was ! Nowadays, it's the first step. Teacher scolded you, so commit suicide. Failed in the exam, go commit suicide. Lol ! It's a fashion these days. I believe (that's just my opinion) that you would never face the troubles which you cannot handle. Troubles come according to the person's strengths. So I don't see suicide as a solution. & who is the mother to predict future ? For all the possibilities in the world, her children could have been taken care of. So she was wrong. Simply because one hasn't got the right to kill others, mother or otherwise. 

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "So you think you can kill your children? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 4:48am | IP Logged

I think I can understand her apprehensions as a mother, but still, killing someone else (kid or otherwise), I really think it's wrong. No matter how big the problem is, suicide isn't the solution. It just goes on the prove how coward you are..
I think there were other ways to solve the problem. And anyway, whatever it is, killing oneself is wrong, and killing someone else is even more wrong.
Suicide is usually an act of desperation and depression. Its often the last step that gets resorted to in order to escape whatever was causing the distress. As mentioned already the mother felt that her children would face a worse scenario in her absence as she felt that there would be no one to take care of them. If she was attempting to get away from the torture that her life had become how could she leave her kids behind to face that torture all by themselves?
When we say right or wrong it is from our own point of view. It may not correspond to the victim's point of view.

Suicide is the last step ? It was ! Nowadays, it's the first step. Teacher scolded you, so commit suicide. Failed in the exam, go commit suicide. Lol ! It's a fashion these days. I believe (that's just my opinion) that you would never face the troubles which you cannot handle. Troubles come according to the person's strengths. So I don't see suicide as a solution. & who is the mother to predict future ? For all the possibilities in the world, her children could have been taken care of. So she was wrong. Simply because one hasn't got the right to kill others, mother or otherwise. 
why do you think a person take this step?

Edited by zorrro - 11 March 2011 at 4:49am

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 5:13am | IP Logged

Just as what we say is our POV what the mother did was as per her POV and she acted accordingly.

The wearer knows best where the shoe pinches . Its very easy  to pass judgement without knowing the full circumstances. You say the first step is suicide -for students who fail ! Thats a blatant generalisation. Not all students who fail commit suicide. The few that do get mentioned by the media, those that don't , never  get mentioned .

We also need to bear in mind that a person in depression or desperation  is unable to think rationally and is quite liable to act impulsively.

When you consider all possibilities you can very rightly say that the children could have been taken care of. The mother in  her state of mind under the circumstances she faced obviously did not think so. Had she felt that her husband or in laws with whom she was having trouble or even her own parents would look after her kids she would not have taken such a drastic step. She was in a better position to know her situation  than any of us here. Besides, the same yardstick cannot be applied to judge a normal person and one who may be under mental depression.

As for the question in the title "so you think you can ?" - the irony is that she not only thought but actually did it !

MagixX

IF-Rockerz

MagixX

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 5:28am | IP Logged
Ok, did I anywhere say that ALL the students commit suicide when they fail ? No, I didn't. So there is no generalization..

So you say that killing the children was justified because it was her POV ?? Fine, tomorrow I'll kill all the politicians and say that I am justified because they are corrupt, lolzzz ! Will I be seen in the right light if I do so ?

I do agree that she must have been in some state of mind which only she can understand, and none of us.

So I am basically judging it the way I see it. And I think that there were other ways to solve the problem, with suicide not being a solution. That's just being coward. 

MagixX

IF-Rockerz

MagixX

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 5:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zorrro

Because they are too coward to face the situation. 

Edited by .Doe. - 11 March 2011 at 5:36am

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 5:47am | IP Logged

Ok, did I anywhere say that ALL the students commit suicide when they fail ? No, I didn't. So there is no generalization..

When you said that nowadays suicide is the first step and then went on to failed students commiting suicide it did appear like generalisation. Anyway, that has been cleared by you above.
So you say that killing the children was justified because it was her POV ??
No, I havent said , I only said that we shouldnt apply the same yardstick for judging people who may be under completely different circumstances.

Fine, tomorrow I'll kill all the politicians and say that I am justified because they are corrupt, lolzzz ! Will I be seen in the right light if I do so ?
Believe it or not Doe, if you do that,  you may be hailed as a redeemer by majority of the peopleLOL
Our country would be better off without those scums. How the law see it could be another ball game.

I do agree that she must have been in some state of mind which only she can understand, and none of us.

So I am basically judging it the way I see it. And I think that there were other ways to solve the problem, with suicide not being a solution. That's just being coward. 
Of course there were other ways! I m not denying that. But there was no one available in her case to offer that solution to her when it was needed!

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 5:54am | IP Logged

Originally posted by zorrro

Because they are too coward to face the situation. 
To act courageously one needs to be in a calm state of mind. When the mind is full of chaotic thoughts it is very difficult to think straight. At such times even if one person had offered some sort of  support - be it a relative, her own parents, siblings, friend, neighbour - its possible that she wouldnt have panicked and taken that drastic step. Under normal situation no mother would want to harm her children.

MagixX

IF-Rockerz

MagixX

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 5:54am | IP Logged
Ok, sorry about that. When I said "nowadays", it's because we hear cases as those mentioned quite frequently. To some, yeah, it's become a fashion, which is sad. (I am not talking about this case though)..

Even if I am given a death sentence after killing all the politicians, I think it would be worth it, lol.

Anyways, you are right, the person can well understand what his/her position is when they take steps such as these. But then again, as you & I agree, there may have been other solutions as well. 

Post Reply New Post

Go to top