So you think you can kill your children? - Page 4

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by MagicalKash

Ofcourse I am not saying that I understand her or I understand why she did. What she did . Ofcourse I don't but at the same time all of us have gone through huge problem, suffered maybe it was not as huge as hers , but it was definitely a huge problem for us at that time. And we should fight against it. Killing your kid is definitely not an option you should take easily. We cannot do anything about this lady or her children now . But raising this point in a public forum, in media is important just so that it doesn't become a common practice like Suicide is these days.

Yes, you are right. One mustn't see suicide as a solution, because it's not. 
right.   suicide is not to be encouraged so what do you suggest to prevent such cases in future?
Very sad and it does happen. Guess the mother wants to go and still bring her kids along.
Originally posted by qwertyesque

everythin has a reason and humans are the most  wierd when reasoning out things.

yes .. there could be a reason.

tell me who'd take care of her kids after she's gone ?

may be that's why she decides take 'em away with her to avoid circumstances of her kids rotting in the streets or being nastily sold for a few bucks.
Originally posted by ilovecolors

yes .. there could be a reason.

tell me who'd take care of her kids after she's gone ?

may be that's why she decides take 'em away with her to avoid circumstances of her kids rotting in the streets or being nastily sold for a few bucks.

Exactly. But then, you see - if somebody is killing themselves, they aren't in a state to think about anybody else figuratively. Hence, whatever this lady did was sheerly impulsive. The daily says that her parents made a statement that she was tortured by her in-laws. Her parents could have taken care of the kids.

It's psychology, I think. You solely think of yourselves, and there's no reason why do anything associated with your own killing. What reason would suicide bombers have, they dun necessarily want to kill other people too, but they do it because they lose the ability to think and decide - after all. 
Originally posted by -Kanky-

Exactly. But then, you see - if somebody is killing themselves, they aren't in a state to think about anybody else figuratively. Hence, whatever this lady did was sheerly impulsive. The daily says that her parents made a statement that she was tortured by her in-laws. Her parents could have taken care of the kids.

It's psychology, I think. You solely think of yourselves, and there's no reason why do anything associated with your own killing. What reason would suicide bombers have, they dun necessarily want to kill other people too, but they do it because they lose the ability to think and decide - after all. 
The parents did make a statement that she was being tortured by her in laws but no where was it mentioned that the parents had been ready to look after her or her kids. Had they been supportive there was little reason for the lady to take this step.
Not clear what you meant in first line of the second paragraph.
suicides are usually impulsive but there could be other reasons too. a suicide bomber isnt impulsive since it involves a lot of training and planning. they are usually fanatics or could also be someone poor enough to be lured into it by  promises of monetary help for their families
^^^ Well, in the first line of the second paragraph - I meant that it is all psychological, if somebody is so badly agonized - everything starts to blur and then eventually, they come to a point where they can only think of themselves, not even their kids. 

And I think the kids' grandparents might have been a help, that is what I conclude out of the incident. Though, yes - they did not mention it.

A suicide bomber, well - of course they are impulsive, I think. You see, it's planned and carved out perfectly - but they are out of their minds. It's just a way to escape, and may differ from one person to the other. How do you expect them to intelligently do anything if they have reached a level beyond which they cannot see anything but their prospective of killing themselves? 
Edited by -Kanky- - 13 years ago
^^ the suicide bombers' goal does not appear to be one of simply killing themselves, it has got more to do with killing others .Killing themselves happens to be part of the strategy in order to escape detection before detonating the bombs at the desired place. They are recruited specially for the purpose so I wouldnt term it as an impulsive action. They may or may not be psychologically unstable.
^^^ Well, then - they are a different issue I raised, according to you. Regardless, there's nothing in the heads of people who suicide but a lot of self-pity, they feel they are the most miserable creatures that walk the earth. It's complex. And you actually confuse me about suicide bombers now. Ha! 
Originally posted by -Kanky-

^^^ Well, in the first line of the second paragraph - I meant that it is all psychological, if somebody is so badly agonized - everything starts to blur and then eventually, they come to a point where they can only think of themselves, not even their kids. 

of course it is psychological but was she thinking of only herself while killing her children 😕
what could she  possibly gain for herself by that??