So you think you can kill your children? - Page 3

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by angie.4u

Nice to have you here Doe . Most of the topics here have been discussed to death by now. Why dont you post some new topics 😃

Hey, thanks ! Btw, nice talking to you 😊

Lol, really ? 😆
Ok, how about - "Is the whole 2012 thing coming true ?"  ðŸ¤£

Btw, I don't think there's much to debate about natural calamities. It's just saddening to see disasters such as this Tsunami occurring quite frequently. The videos were so horrible
Originally posted by .Doe.

Hey, thanks ! Btw, nice talking to you 😊

Lol, really ? 😆
Ok, how about - "Is the whole 2012 thing coming true ?"  ðŸ¤£

Btw, I don't think there's much to debate about natural calamities. It's just saddening to see disasters such as this Tsunami occurring quite frequently. The videos were so horrible
we had that topic earlier Doe,  The natural calamities are really horrid ! Man is helpless before the fury of nature . And yet, as if that isnt bad enough we have people killing each other under some pretext or other.
See, so I'm basically useless when it comes to creating new topics 😆

I know. We are so small in front of all these things. Man boasts about being so superior, etc..well, a disaster like this proves how helpless he really is. 
That being said, it's quite nice to know that help is being offered as much as possible. We can do only as much, right ?

Yeah, I know. I really don't understand why man is called a "social" animal. He is still the most uncivilized one in many ways...

Btw, you can call me Kezia. That's my name 😊
Edited by .Doe. - 13 years ago

Nice spamming here with you Kezia, I think the Mod is busy so not much problem I guess 😆 I got to go now, lets hope there are some new topics posted soon before DM goes dead!

Oh boy ! I spam a little too much, lol. I just realized that I turned this topic into something else..hehehehe ! 😆

See ya Angie !! Take care 😊
Wow. Quite a lot of discussion going on here . I agree with Doe. as I said in my first post, we can never understand the mother's pov. She most probably would have taken the decision thinking the good of her child only. But is death the only solution , that too for her child? Isn't death the last resort we opt for? Surely in her mind the mother had done her best , and I wouldn't have raised this question if she had only killed herself, but she took two another lives with her? Is that, even from a mother justified? She was depressed fine but did the children really need to pay for her misery?Edited by MagicalKash - 13 years ago

Originally posted by MagicalKash

Surely in her mind the mother had done her best , and I wouldn't have raised this question if she had only killed herself, but she took two another lives with her? Is that, even from a mother justified? She was depressed fine but did the children really need to pay for her misery?

If the cause for suicide was ill treatment by  her husband and in laws ( as per her father's statement in the news) she would not trust them to look after the kids . She would expect  them to torture her defenceless kids after her death. If she did not stand a chance before their cruelty what chance would her dependent children have of facing them on their own? To escape their torture she took the way out by committing suicide. Would it be fair to leave her children behind at the mercy of the tormentors? Wouldn't she want them to eascape the torture along with her too?

Leaving them behind while she herself escaped was unthinkable for her - this prompted her to take the extreme step!

Thats the only explanation I can think of right now.

If you have any other explanation for her action I'm open to it.
Originally posted by angie.4u

Ifthe cause for suicide was ill treatment by her husband and in laws ( as per her father's statement in the news) she would not trust them to look after the kids . Shewould expect themto torture her defenceless kids after her death. If she did not stand a chance before their cruelty what chance would her dependent children have of facing them on their own? To escape their torture she took the way out by committing suicide. Would it be fair to leave her children behind at the mercy of the tormentors? Wouldn't she want them to eascape the torture along with her too?

Leaving them behind while she herself escaped was unthinkable for her - this prompted her to take the extreme step!

Thats the only explanation I can think of right now.

If you have any other explanation for her
action I'm open to it.

As I said before, it's not that she didn't have the best interest of her children in her mind , so ofcourse if she decided to kill them, she must have had her own reason for it. But death is the last resort we normally opt for. And especially if she took this decision for her children, shouldn't she first have tried asking for help? Surely she was an educated person, a lecturer I heard. So she knew her rights , she should have tried contacting police, authorities atleast her own parent . But no such report has come far . According to me if she loved her children so much that she was ready to choose death for them, that itself is brave thing, and she thought that no one else could take care of them then she should have tried living for them first . Instead to me it look like she chose dying for them instead of living for them. And that is something that I cannot make myself to agree about.
Originally posted by MagicalKash

As I said before, it's not that she didn't have the best interest of her children in her mind , so ofcourse if she decided to kill them, she must have had her own reason for it. But death is the last resort we normally opt for. And especially if she took this decision for her children, shouldn't she first have tried asking for help? Surely she was an educated person, a lecturer I heard. So she knew her rights , she should have tried contacting police, authorities atleast her own parent . But no such report has come far . According to me if she loved her children so much that she was ready to choose death for them, that itself is brave thing, and she thought that no one else could take care of them then she should have tried living for them first . Instead to me it look like she chose dying for them instead of living for them. And that is something that I cannot make myself to agree about.
There is nothing to agree or disagree about . I think that  unless you have actually observed someone in such cases  closely it would be very difficult to even  understand the mentality or feel the pain that  drives such people to commit suicide.
Ofcourse I am not saying that I understand her or I understand why she did. What she did . Ofcourse I don't but at the same time all of us have gone through huge problem, suffered maybe it was not as huge as hers , but it was definitely a huge problem for us at that time. And we should fight against it. Killing your kid is definitely not an option you should take easily. We cannot do anything about this lady or her children now . But raising this point in a public forum, in media is important just so that it doesn't become a common practice like Suicide is these days.