The Lion Awakens

-Srushti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 13 years ago
Like a phoenix rising from the ashes...reinventing, rejuvenating, reincarnating itself.

Yesterday I saw that Dutta...rising from the ashes...since past two episodes, we are seeing why Dutta is Dutta....how has he managed to rule Patil Wadi sole handedly since past 10 years...So basically as the tittle suggest, the post is solely dedicated to the man who has without raising his voice, without raising his hand has showed us how has he ruled Patilwadi all these years....
The leader in the truest sense, I went flat out seeing him taking control.😳
πŸ˜ƒ
And hence this postπŸ˜ƒ

The one thing that struck me superly in the yesterday's  epi...
When Pooji's favourite characterπŸ˜‰...Tanaji...supported Dutta in the decision of not selling Ranga the jadibuttis...
What did our sher say????...
Give this a thought first....Given this situation, what would we say when we get the support of a stranger in such an alien land...
we say ...'thank you'...
What did our sher say???
He said '
Shabash'...that one thing struck me so much that it started off this post....

For that one thing... I bow down to you CVs and to the role portrayalπŸ‘....
That one word says so much...his command, his superiority, his take-in-charge attitude, his acumen, his courage, his valiant heart.....his ability to rise above all and take them under his wings....

Just Look at the situation!!!...He is the one who is handicapped, he is the one who is dependent, the one at others' disposal... he is the one who is an outsider....but he was the one in control. He was treating Tanaji as he was his most valuable lieutenant,who had just proven his loyalty for him...That attitude is the one which makes him rule...he doesnot even perhaps realize it with such ease does he takes the harness in his hands....the leader in him takes over the control of situation whenever he feels crisis around him....He cannot see exploitation, the sucker for underdogs that he is and the protective instinct in him just automatically transforms him from the shy, silent man to the man who can stand the tallest when he is alone and surrounded by the enemies...

And as it is said, 'Mein akela hi chala tha, Janib-e-manzil ko magar,
Log judte gaye aur karwaan banta gaya..."

Yesterday I saw, how come a lad named Dutta Patil became the ruler of Patilwadi lone handedly...He was alone to begin with, but a lion doesnot need a herd to declare himself the king....He would walk alone and people would just make way for him and then tag behind...
The kind of charisma which would inspire loyalties amongst people, people would jump to lay their lives for him, people would just love to hear 'great job' from him,  the kind of aura which would make people trust his word, the kind of personality that would make a dying man believe him if he would say that the dying man would live to  see the rising sun tomorrow.....
Fab attitude what do I say....the dialogue writer needs to be given big royal courtesy for this one word aloneπŸ‘

As  I said I am seeing the lion in Dutta awakening since last two episodes....

The 7th March episode had 3 minutes of physical Dutta, and 22 minutes of the Dutta aura which pervaded and loomed on the Patil Niwas making Kala realize what a pygmy she is before the large and giant stature of Dutta. The smugglers made it clear that they would rather be ruled by the shadow of Dutta (Baaji Rao Patil), then accept the rule of anybody else....Alive or dead, Dutta was their King...

In the same episode we saw a pensive Dutta when he hugged Nakku, telling her that they will recapture their former glory. A King determined to fulfill his promise that he had just made to his queen...

And in yesterday's epi, we saw the aftereffects of the promise...

Right from the moment they showed him sharpening the stick, to make it a spear, his face was full of determination, anger, and I didnot see the frustration....He was, as Nakku said, not broken by the difficulties, but was focusing on the possibilities....

When Nakku brought the chair for him to sit, What did the sher say....???
'So this is going to be my Sinhasan!!!'
And I knew he was back, the way he rested his head back on the head of the chair, clutched the arms of the chair, and rocked himself ....so much in control, his each action, his each step, his each gesture, shows him going towards his original self ....

And then to my favourite scene.😳...

The way he took the spear and trapped Nakku's pallu in the door, the way he rose, the predator walk, the way he made sure his 'prey' is right there and unharmed by the attack, the way he freed his prey from his weapon but capture it within his paws...What to say...and do I need to say 'Aye Nakku' brought back some very 'good memories' of the shart scene....*too hot...goes to have some water*😳

Again the way he refused to sit on his throne, until his queen had one for herself,   I mean, it is when you look at his surrounding and you would realize suddenly that you are not viewing a palace but a ruin in the middle of nowhere...the way he was talking would never give you an idea about it...
Then the way he smiled at the woman giving them the love potion... (that was such a cheezy dialogue by the way....'Isse pyaar badhta haiπŸ˜›' ...Thank God both of them just ignored thatπŸ˜†)

The way his ears literally stood up when he heard Ranga talking to a woman lewdly...fabπŸ‘

The way he rose to interrupt the talks, full in control ... yet, when he addressed Mahadevbhai,  his voice was dipped in respect, and when he addressed Ranga, it was like he considered him absolutely nothing, he did not even deserve his attention...

and then the Shabash thing...Amazing...absolutely amazing...

Whew....Ok..So am in the office and have to research on a case  ....but I had needed to vent out since yesterday....and was doing just thatπŸ˜†...warna research mein bhi mein lion par essay likhungiπŸ˜†
To be very frank, I nowhere fall in the category of Dutta-Deewanis that we have in the forum, but the character struck a chord in me yesterday, and I had to write this....πŸ˜ƒ

ThanksπŸ˜ƒ and would love to hear your views on this....πŸ˜ƒ
By the way the credit of this thought provocation (whatever blabberings I have writtenπŸ˜ƒ)  goes to Pooji,,,,so if you are bored out of your wits reading this.. ......feel free to lash out on Pooji (Preety_219)πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

Edited by -Srushti- - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Wanderbug thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
beautifully writtenπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ and agree with every word...this post deserves a full attention will be back soon..

EDITED:

I onece read in a bangla article that Leaders are not prepared..they are born...or else how can a boy of barely eighteen years of age coming from the poorest of families challenge a gigantic power ruling half the world by his mere braverado. He was hung when he was he was 18 years, 7 months 11 days old-barely a legal adult. and what he did was give this to the world before hanging.."Ek baar bidaai de maa ghoorey aashi" it means.."bid goodbye to me, my mother...i'll come back soon"...he didn't live to lead the nation to his goal of independence...but his courage and love for his country shook feudal India to the core and the shiver could be felt on the Queen's throne sitting seas away..he died but lead India especially Bengal in its war for freedom from his grave. HE was Khudiram Bose...do we need to say moer about Bhagat singh, Ernest Guirverra...Nelson Mendella...Mahatama Gandhi...these people were never taught to be leaders they were born to lead..

Mayebe comapring Dutta an fictitious character to these names would be rank blashephamy on my part. But still i want to say is this, that yes this character has been developed to show what leaders are all about....him being called Sher by all was first indication taht he is the king a leader.

The scene outside the hospital in 28-29thy jan 2010..when he is addressing a crowd with a proud baaji looking on..i saw a leader at his best....the sheer ease with which he raised his hand in namaskar and then how easily he took being taken to task by his mother infront of the whole crowd who where cheering him showed his ease and strength as a man of action..

Then came the scene at the mandir in April...He simply grabbed his friends wrist and dragged her down the steps letting the crowd touch his hand and feel connected to him..then he takes his scared fiance inhsi arms to erassure her infront of all and sundry..not caring for norms or what people will think(the woman in his arms was all wrong but still then at that time he thought she was the real deal so considering this i say it was really nice)

We have seen him solving the problems of his people with concern and real love rather than just something he could do..its that he feel he should do it..

in the first scene it ahd felt so weird when the dhaba wala was saying ki his dhabba is doing good due to bhau..because he was looking too young to have taht impact on people..to be taht good a leader...then as i folowed the show i began to see the leader in him in every scene..it became so pronounced taht i can't imagine him as just a don,friend,brother,son or lover...before all this he is the leader for me..the ruler..

Yesterday, i saw the glimpse of that ruler and leader again...not when he said "Shabash" (even though that word was sign enough) but when he was asking how these people how they lived..his face was creased with concentration of a man listening to the grievances of his subjects..even before he opened his mouth against Raanga...i could sense him taking these people under his wing..almost like thinking inside how he could improve their lives..what could be done for them by him...after that it felt most natural to me taht he would speak up and make Raanga fall flat...he didn't even doubt once that people will support him...that mahadev was having second thoughts he didn't even look least preturbed....he was relaxed and when Tanaji sided with him..he was appreciated that he had courage to stand by his belief...hence he felt he should appreciate tanaji...

The mark of a true leader....yes...spot on..

and as i had said earlier in "The growing pains" i believe he has been planning all the time but in his head...he is turning all the facts in his head and his determination is visible on his face and vows to his queen.

i am content...now only if the queen will lose that deadpan expression and emote as well as our king then i'll be in heaven....tasha heven..😳
Edited by shilpita87 - 13 years ago
mozart66 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Srushti!!!!! What an awesome post!!!! You echoed our thoughts, Dutta-deewanis or not, so beautifully!!! Yesterday marked the return of the King! He is just going to get busy now, putting together his army and armour!! Mark my words Kala will not be able to even ask for a drop of water once the King is through with her! Yes, she will live but in a living hell!!! Our king will make sure of that!! Such will be his power that it will "blind" Kala and she won't be able to figure out anything for the rest of her life!
-Carrie- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Oh Man! What do I say?😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍
You have just listed out all the reasons why I am married to a TV character & will not marry anyone else thus causing my parents immense heartache.πŸ˜³πŸ˜†
Lovely Srush! πŸ€— πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ I am going to save this post in my laptop.⭐️
Every nuance & every word spoken by him was worth capturing forever in our heart . Even a major disability like blindness can never beat this man down.Sirf naam hi kaafi hain.Even his physical presence is not required. Such is his aura😍😍😍😍

I LOVE YOU, PATIL SAAB❀️ WILL ALWAYS LOVE ONLY YOU. 😳

PS: Tumhe mera update achcha nahi laga? I didn't see u there.😭
mozart66 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Zuby darling! Patil saab ka persona, aura hi kuch aisa hai ki unpar log fida hote hai (read Zuby here)! I agree with you wholeheartedly! Srushti has said everything that we all felt from the bottom of our hearts but at least I couldn't put it in such beautiful words! hats off to you all writers! Can I have Srushti and Zuby as my writers plzzzzzzzzz?!!
Pooja_219 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Srush😲😲😲
Ye kya tu logon se mujhe chappal padwana chahti hai
I hope tune jyada bore nahi kiya hoga ,nahi to meri vaat lag jayegiπŸ˜†

Pura thik se padke comment karti hoon.πŸ˜‰

Edited :
As i told u in my PM,u have left no scope for me to comment,but phir bhi ek choti si koshish karti hoon😊
Even though i loved the duttabhao who saved nakku from morey,but i am in awe of this dutta more.
Thruout the past year we saw so many changes in dutta's character.
The one who met nakku was duttabhao,but her saviour from morey was dutta.
Everytime duttabhao turned dutta only in nakku's presence.😊
I will not go in further detail about dutta's last ur journey,warna tere post se jyada mera comment lamba hogaπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
Coming to this duttabhao,as i had told u earlier no. of times,this dutta is more calm & in control of his emotions.
If i say that i have seen glimpse of calm duttabhao right from the start of jungle track,then don't get surprised.I had seen him 1st time by the river side  when he was hurt by kala's words,but there was no rage on his face.Infact he just plainly told nakku that it is difficult to believe that kala can do this.
He didn't crib over the fact as to why me always.
In monday's epi. ,while giving a hug to nakku,there was determination on his face.
Yesterday was indeed his awakening as u have clearly pointed out thruout ur post.
The scene that impressed me the most was - when ranga threatened him of consequences,he choose to drink sharabat.πŸ‘
Typical tapori lango me bolu to - Aye chal hawa aane de,tere jaise bahut aaye aur gayeπŸ˜†

As u correctly said,even in his blind state he has this aura which makes people respect him & believe in his words.The example we saw in yesterday's epi.,how tanaji was intently listening to his each & every word.Then slowly the whole basti agreed with him.

So far Kala thinks that she has hold over him becaz she knows all his weaknesses.But,what she doesn't know is the guy who is in jungle is nomore old duttabhao.When he will be ready,he will attack in such a manner that she will not know when the ground below her gave away.

Fantastic postπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Lots of jadoo ki jappiπŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—
Pooja😊

Edited by preety_219 - 13 years ago
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9

Very well written, Datta always analyses situation from every angle, but finally decides in favour of the suffering party ,that is why people love him & consider him as their king, he is never selfish, that makes him a much better human being, he always protects his people's interest, that is how he rules their heart.

-Srushti- thumbnail
Originally posted by: shilpita87

beautifully written and agree with every word...this post deserves a full attention will be back soon..

would love to have your thoughts on this, Shilpi... I know I will have a more intricate reply than the post and am eagerly waiting...πŸ˜ƒ
-Srushti- thumbnail
Originally posted by: mozart66

Srushti!!!!! What an awesome post!!!! You echoed our thoughts, Dutta-deewanis or not, so beautifully!!! Yesterday marked the return of the King! He is just going to get busy now, putting together his army and armour!! Mark my words Kala will not be able to even ask for a drop of water once the King is through with her! Yes, she will live but in a living hell!!! Our king will make sure of that!! Such will be his power that it will "blind" Kala and she won't be able to figure out anything for the rest of her life!

Manju!!!! Thanks yaara!!!!
Truly the return of the king...and as you said on my WU thread ...this is the changed Dutta, he is not the blood thirsty Dutta anymore, he is the man who has made peace with himself....So now Kala Beware, this Dutta is a well fortified one....and you donot have the access to his Achilles heel anymore.... You couldnot even take over his old army, and here he is resurrecting a newer oneπŸ˜ƒ...
@ bold ...bang on...She will be so taken unawares...she won't even know what actually is happening and would be swept from her feet in the total disarray of her misfortunes....πŸ˜†
Damn right!!! Blind Kala!!! too good Manju... I again say... I really envy the amount of precision you have in your writing...What I say in thousands of words, you say in few and more effectively tooπŸ˜ƒ
Thanks yaara....your posts always open a new line of thoughts for me....😳😊
-Srushti- thumbnail
Originally posted by: ZubyDutta

Oh Man! What do I say?😍

You have just listed out all the reasons why I am married to a TV character & will not marry anyone else thus causing my parents immense heartache.πŸ˜³πŸ˜†
Lovely Srush! πŸ€— πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ I am going to save this post in my laptop.⭐️
Every nuance & every word spoken by him was worth capturing forever in our heart . Even a major disability like blindness can never beat this man down.Sirf naam hi kaafi hain.Even his physical presence is not required. Such is his aura😍

I LOVE YOU, PATIL SAAB❀️ WILL ALWAYS LOVE ONLY YOU. 😳

PS: Tumhe mera update achcha nahi laga? I didn't see u there.😭

hahaha ...Zuby as soon as I saw your reply I know it would be complaining why I had not gone to your post to comment...but yaara...I had seen it in the morning and posted like...but comment karne ke liye thoda sa time lagta hai na....had to run for office...then heard the good news that I dont need to go to the court because I need to research and I said yipeeee, kal ki bhadaas to nikaal duπŸ˜†
phir Zuby par attack karungi...par yaha to pehla waar tera hi aagayaπŸ˜†..bilkul DSP ki cheli haiπŸ˜‰

Thanks yaara for the dhansu comment....😊 you are going to save this to your laptop 😳...owww so sweet 😳...
you are damn right ...no amount of handicap can stop him...his biggest drawback was his wounded heart which is well fortified right now (much to your agony...I know) but yet he is stronger and more deadlier...
Kala abto tu gai.....πŸ˜›πŸ˜†