Mythological Masti

|| Atha Shri Ram Katha || - Our Journey (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

Chiinnu

IF-Sizzlerz

Chiinnu

Posted: 26 April 2011 at 6:17am | IP Logged
I loves the way Ramanad ji introduces the show. No one can do a better job than his spiritual words. Indeed the viewers enjoys the way he talks.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaUrmila11ShivangBuchlola610visrom..RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "|| Atha Shri Ram Katha || - Our Journey (Page 2)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

AishuHiBawari

IF-Rockerz

AishuHiBawari

Chidiya Ghar Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 26 April 2011 at 8:28pm | IP Logged
Great thread! I love it! Jai Shri Raam! Can't wait to get started!
And I just loved the SK thread, so yup! So glad to be here! :D

Edited by AishuJSKfan - 26 April 2011 at 8:29pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaShivangBuch..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 26 April 2011 at 8:34pm | IP Logged
Hey guys, thanks for bringing this back to the first page, will post the next epi soon.Big smile Once summer begins for all of us and exams are over, we'll make this and the Krishna Katha thread active!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaUrmila11ShivangBuchlola610Chiinnu

Bhavanab

Coolbie

Bhavanab

Posted: 29 April 2011 at 9:18am | IP Logged
Well I agree with what Chinnu said ... No one could have introduced it better than Ramanand Ji ... He introduced it excellently ... and since the start itself was so good undoubtedly Ramayan was a huge success !!!

Urmila11lola610..RamKiJanaki..

lola610

IF-Rockerz

lola610

Posted: 29 April 2011 at 10:04am | IP Logged
Ramanand Sagarji's discourses before and after the episodes were indeed very powerful Clap They had the right balance between eloquence and clarity, and they highlighted the importance of even small scenes which the viewer may otherwise ignore. One of my favorites is his commentary on the scene in which Dashrathji arrives in Mithila and he and Janakji demonstrate utmost humility in their exchanges. The way he makes it relevant for today is really beautiful. Also love his comments on Shabri. Will find and share the link in a bit :)

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

jaisiyaramDebipriyaUrmila11BhavanabShivangBuch..RamKiJanaki..

Bhavanab

Coolbie

Bhavanab

Posted: 29 April 2011 at 10:08am | IP Logged
Yes Yes ... I remember that !!! I remember the Shabri one well !!!! It was indeed a lovely one !!! his voice itself is so spiritual and pure ... the sanctity in his voice is really great. Once one starts hearing ... they would feel like continuing to hear it !!!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

jaisiyaramDebipriyaUrmila11ShivangBuch..RamKiJanaki..

Debipriya

Debipriya

Posted: 09 May 2011 at 2:12am | IP Logged
Dear Friends, Since last two years I have been (properly Smile), watching RS 'Ramayan' (sometime on Television and sometime on DVD Smile) and finding Immense Bliss from it! It is truly the 'Nectar of Devotion'!! Recently got this Inspiration ('prerna') from inside (i.e. - from the Lord Smile) to write about my experiences about Ramayan...

Thanks a Lot Janu for this Wonderful Thread! Star Star  I'm So Honoured to read the Intro Post!!  Hug  Hug   And look at me! I took So Much time to start posting here!! Embarrassed

So, now at last, I am here with my first post Smile...  I'm sure we'll have many meaningful discussion from the members here.

Ramayan: The Beginning

Ramayana opens with the Vishnu Stuti, which is my favourite since I watched it for the first time. Here we have some sanskrit shlokas and a part from Tulsidasji's  'Ramcharit Manas'- both are So sweet, So True- I just Love it! I also learnt the words in a few days! They are so memorable!! The Blue coloured Lord Vishnu is So Beautiful! I just get filled with Bliss while looking at the Lord in this scene!

After that the gods come and pray to Lord Vishnu to save them from the atrocities of Raavan. Here we have significant dialogue from Devguru Brihaspati that if we do not have Dharma to lean upon, then there will be disruption in the whole Creation! Each time any person decides to support Dharma in his personal life, it helps the Creation to flourish in the Proper way! I just love this part!  This logic truly sets the story in its track. We are able to understand the reason why Lord Vishnu took the form of Ram Avtaar. I loved this Introduction to the story So Much that I watch this part many times.

The Birth of Shri Ram

Now the story Actually starts in the palace of King Dasharath, with the  worship of the 'Sun God' (the presiding god of Sun Dynasty- 'Surya vansh'), by Kulguru Vashishtha and King Dashrath along with his three Queens. The pain of childless life is unbearable, so Vashishtha tells Dashrath to go to Rishyashringa Muni for the 'Putrakaameshti yagna'.

Here we have the song of 'Chala ek Raaja'- The Sincerity in Dashrath is Soo Overwhelming in this sc! This song and the next parts cover Dashrath's plea, Rishyashringa Muni's approval, the yagna, the conception of Shri Ram and his brothers by the three queens, the birth and the celebration in Ayodhya- in between we have short sc.s from the palace. All of them are Sooo Blissful that I watch (and listen) it again and again!

After this scene, we have the 'Naamkaran Ceremony' of Shri Ram and His Brothers- Guru Vashishtha names them- Ram, Bharat, Lakshman and Shatrughna. That scenes says it all! The way Guru Vashishtha says that 'the name Ram is capable to spread Happiness to the whole universe'- is indeed Blissful! And the way Mata Kaikeyi uttars these words- "Mere Ram!" - We cannot even think that this lady will be overpowered by vices in future! Her emotion towards Shri Ram was So Spontaneous here!

The Childhood of Shri Ram

Now we have the childhood scenes of Shri Ram along with his brothers- a Blissful song describing the childhood of Shri Ram- 'Thumaka Chalata'! Specially the words- 'Chand khilona maange re Kunwar'- is So Blissful! The Lord of the World is craving for the Moon!! I always become emotional while listening to this line!

Here is a nice conversation between Shivji and Parvati, which expresses all the 'characteristics' and the 'Aim' of Shri Ram Avtaar in such a nice way! And also tells us about the birth of Hanumaanji!

And after that we have another Beautiful song where the mothers are waking up the babies- 'Jaago nayno ke taare'!! This song has such a Sweet Music!

- It has the Kaikeyi and Bharat in the second stanza and I just LOVE to watch it again and again! The way 'Rajni beeti bhor bhayi' upto 'Kangnaa ke jhankaare' is enacted, we get such a nice idea about the lovely relation of Bharat with Kaikeyi! I become very very sad while thinking about the future course of events and the bitter relation between Bharat and Mata Kaikeyi while watching this sc.!

- The next the stanza of this song is with Sumitra and Lakshman-Shatrughna - it is another sweet scene! I cannot describe the emotions which I go through while watching them!

This song has always been my one of the Most favourite songs of Ramayan from the time I started to watch it properly for the first time in 2009.

Then we have some fleeting scenes of Shri Ram's childhood, where he is playing with his brothers and the Mothers are feeling Contented while looking at them. Next, King Dasharath announces about the 'Yagyopovit sanskaar' of the boys and Guru Vashishtha takes them to the Gurukul.

'Gurukul' Episodes

Yes, now we have Shri Ram along with Lakshman, Bharat and Shatrughna in the Gurukul of Sage Vashishth.

This scene starts with Dasharath and the queens, who are unable to have their dinner without their sons, the background music is Sooo Sad that I feel like crying each time. Then we have this emotional conversation between Dashrath with both the queens- Kaikeyi and Kaushalya.

After that we have the proper Gurukul Episodes, I LOVE ALL the scenes of this phase. All the lessons taught by Guru Vashishth are So Uplifting, Significant, Wise that I can watch them over and over again. We found So much from the message of Shrimad Bhagwat Geeta in these scenes! They are always my favourite scenes as I Love to read Shimad Bhagwat Geeta!

Here are the links of the Lyrics of some of  the songs mentioned above:

Vishnu Stuti

Arre Avadh Puri Mein Baaje Badhaiya! (Ram Navami Celebration)

Now, the second episode ends here, acc to the link posted by Janu. Will write about the later part of the Gurukul episodes in the next post. Members, please share your opinions about these episodes Smile.

Jai Shri Ram!

Edited by Debipriya - 09 May 2011 at 7:19am

Urmila11ShivangBuch..RamKiJanaki..

-.Aphrodite.-

IF-Sizzlerz

-.Aphrodite.-

IF Crazy Co-Captain, BollyCurry Visual Effects

Posted: 09 May 2011 at 12:01pm | IP Logged
Wow Di..another awesome topic by you!!! I have seeen Ramayan for 4-5 times till now. Will definitely see the episodes again and post my views in this thread too...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaUrmila11ShivangBuch..RamKiJanaki..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top