Pratigya

Saxenas and their Sanskaars

elle45 thumbnail

Ok, so I started watching the show today after almost 7 weeks. I was in a good mood, looking forward to an exciting episode, full of Kriya and humre Thakurs, or even an interesting storyline. However, I got a repeat of just where I left the show. Saxenas with their high and mighty attitude!

Exactly what were they doing today? Such derogatory remarks towards Komal! ๐Ÿ˜ก Made my blood boil. Is the quivering Prof ANY BETTER than the Thakurs? He stands in front of his bahu's face and announces that she doesn't make mistakes, she deliberately does wrong.... and that she is no comparision to his GREAT daughter (no offense to Prats.... just illustrating that Prof considers his own daughter great and someone elses daughter a piece of TRASH).

In comes Naina... who chastises Adarsh for actually being inclined towards the Thakurs (his own in-laws) and favouring them over them! Right in front of Komal!

Who was the better person today? The Saxenas who consider themselves so God-gifted, high-and-mighty and above-all-reproach? Or the uneducated girl who stood quietly in front of her so-called Sanskaari In-laws while they were insulting her and her family?

They got offended when Adarsh didn't take their side, so why get offended when Komal takes the Thakur side?
They get worried that Pratigya is being mistreated at the Thakur house. Do they have no care when they pile heaps of insulting statements on Komal (all of them, Prof, Naina, Dadi, Arushi)
They expect Komal to understand and follow ALL their rules and traditions (including eating non-veg).... why do they not expect their daughter to follow the same rules at the Thakur house?
They make a big fuss over every small thing Komal does (like buying a new TV was turned into a life and death matter)..... Why do they expect the Thakurs to remain quiet when Pratigya does big things (like sending Thakur and Amma to jail)?

Today's episode reminded me of when Amma was insulting the Prof in front of Pratigya..... do you guys remember how Pratigya responded and defended her Dad? She did well. But Komal took it quietly today. In her place, I would have given a good reply!
It was the limit today, Komal and Adarsh need to move out of that house as soon as possible. Adarsh needs to realise what sort of verbal torture his wife goes through daily. The icing on the cake was the sad music playing focusing on Prof's sad face once Adarsh and Komal went to their room ๐Ÿ˜ก Showing as if Prof was right... oooohhh๐Ÿ˜ก

So this is what their Sanskaar has taught them, be a bit educated and you'll have all the right to consider yourselves superior to all other human beings, and to pass derogatory comments to others. Doesn't ethics teach us that all of us are equal? Regardless of education, caste, creed and color? Watching the Saxenas, what I've learnt is that education does not make you the better person..... you remain as uneducated in your behaviour as the uneducated Thakurs.

ps478 thumbnail
Right on!  I have to ask the CV's if they are even attempting to make the Saxenas sympathetic characters.  When Shivering Saxena made that comment that Pratigya is perfect I had to stop myself from throwing something at the tv๐Ÿ˜ก.  He is an idiot (not the actor people, the character, the character).  Everyone with half a brain knows that no one is perfect.  These people are intolerable and I have to say the Sax Dadi (although the actress is probably a lovely lady) can not act!  She just opens her mouth and it is so annoying๐Ÿ˜ก.  And I have to say although the Takur trio deserves to go to jail, the fact they allow Pratigya and Krishna to be in the house is pretty nice on their part.  Mostly everyone else would have thrown them out.
MERARAI thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Elle
Very nice post๐Ÿ‘!  Not much moves in terms of story line on this show for weeks. You could go on a two week vacation and return to pick up where you left off . at the most you would have missed a few cozy Kriya scenes. Even that seems to be under threat in a day or two when Prats catches Krishna redhanded in a lie.๐Ÿค”

When I read the LUD I thought Shamu made that comment after Komal left the room but was shocked to see her standing there mum while Adarsh went on his "support my wife" tirade.  Shamu's audacity to ask Adarsh "how dare you compare daughter Prats to the unpud Komal who doesn't make mistakes but does bad things intentionally" was the heights (as Hami would say) of audacity.  He was heaping insults on Komal who let it pass knowing fully well Prats is seen as the infallible ladli in the family.  Plus her husband was now making more money and as far as she was concerned her sasural can go tel lene.

Naina is becoming more and more like Dadi, judgmental and downright rude with Komal. Komal is tight on the purse strings these days and soon the young couple may find a home of their own. Unlike Krishna, Adarsh will be ready to drop his family in a jiffy and walk out with Komal now that moneybags Takur SS is his benefactor. 

tanthya thumbnail
Originally posted by: elle45

Ok, so I started watching the show today after almost 7 weeks. I was in a good mood, looking forward to an exciting episode, full of Kriya and humre Thakurs, or even an interesting storyline. However, I got a repeat of just where I left the show. Saxenas with their high and mighty attitude!

Exactly what were they doing today? Such derogatory remarks towards Komal! ๐Ÿ˜ก Made my blood boil. Is the quivering Prof ANY BETTER than the Thakurs? He stands in front of his bahu's face and announces that she doesn't make mistakes, she deliberately does wrong.... and that she is no comparision to his GREAT daughter (no offense to Prats.... just illustrating that Prof considers his own daughter great and someone elses daughter a piece of TRASH).

In comes Naina... who chastises Adarsh for actually being inclined towards the Thakurs (his own in-laws) and favouring them over them! Right in front of Komal!

Who was the better person today? The Saxenas who consider themselves so God-gifted, high-and-mighty and above-all-reproach? Or the uneducated girl who stood quietly in front of her so-called Sanskaari In-laws while they were insulting her and her family?

They got offended when Adarsh didn't take their side, so why get offended when Komal takes the Thakur side?
They get worried that Pratigya is being mistreated at the Thakur house. Do they have no care when they pile heaps of insulting statements on Komal (all of them, Prof, Naina, Dadi, Arushi)
They expect Komal to understand and follow ALL their rules and traditions (including eating non-veg).... why do they not expect their daughter to follow the same rules at the Thakur house?
They make a big fuss over every small thing Komal does (like buying a new TV was turned into a life and death matter)..... Why do they expect the Thakurs to remain quiet when Pratigya does big things (like sending Thakur and Amma to jail)?

Today's episode reminded me of when Amma was insulting the Prof in front of Pratigya..... do you guys remember how Pratigya responded and defended her Dad? She did well. But Komal took it quietly today. In her place, I would have given a good reply!
It was the limit today, Komal and Adarsh need to move out of that house as soon as possible. Adarsh needs to realise what sort of verbal torture his wife goes through daily. The icing on the cake was the sad music playing focusing on Prof's sad face once Adarsh and Komal went to their room ๐Ÿ˜ก Showing as if Prof was right... oooohhh๐Ÿ˜ก

So this is what their Sanskaar has taught them, be a bit educated and you'll have all the right to consider yourselves superior to all other human beings, and to pass derogatory comments to others. Doesn't ethics teach us that all of us are equal? Regardless of education, caste, creed and color? Watching the Saxenas, what I've learnt is that education does not make you the better person..... you remain as uneducated in your behaviour as the uneducated Thakurs.

Hi Elle,

Lovely Post , Hun...

Forget Komal..Such derogatory remarks against an Woman who was someone's daughter .what about the Sanskaar that he used to bring up every nano second ..is it  in his sanskaar to humiliate a woman, moreover a Woman who never had anything to do with his daughter and her GJB , nor one who instigated or escalated the tension between Adarsh and Pratigya ..How dare  The Sanskar spouting  Sax stoop this level...What the Thakur's do crudely, The sax do it with Finesse ..What the Thakurs do overtly, the Sax do it subtly ..So is the term "EDUCATION" vastly exaggerated.

Yet the reaction of both the women are interesting..Here was an uneducated woman, a gutsy woman, a shrewish woman ..A woman who is not afraid of Pangas ..what does she do when She is being insulted by her inlaws and house is derided ...She stands quietly and in dignity..with not even a disgust escaping her face..She stands stoic and calm..She waits for her husband to defend ..and he does !!!

What about the case of the educated, compassionate, respectful ..She would immediately draw herself and intimidate them with legal consequences ..would not stand by idly and would give a swift  and cutting riposte leading to an even more deterioration of relationship..A relationship she never has the intention of maintaining anyway ...

In the two cases..I would say the uneducated one showed more sanskar than the educated one..
elle45 thumbnail
Originally posted by: ps478

Right on!  I have to ask the CV's if they are even attempting to make the Saxenas sympathetic characters.  When Shivering Saxena made that comment that Pratigya is perfect I had to stop myself from throwing something at the tv๐Ÿ˜ก.  He is an idiot (not the actor people, the character, the character).  Everyone with half a brain knows that no one is perfect.  These people are intolerable and I have to say the Sax Dadi (although the actress is probably a lovely lady) can not act!  She just opens her mouth and it is so annoying๐Ÿ˜ก.  And I have to say although the Takur trio deserves to go to jail, the fact they allow Pratigya and Krishna to be in the house is pretty nice on their part.  Mostly everyone else would have thrown them out.

๐Ÿ˜† When Sax said that, I wanted to throw myself in the TV and put him in his place.... Just WHO does he think he is? Acting so superior to everyone else. I just can't wait for the day Adarsh's truth is revealed to him and all his so-called Sanskaar fall flat on his face.  I truly will celebrate that day. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
elle45 thumbnail
Originally posted by: MERARAI

Elle
Very nice post๐Ÿ‘!  Not much moves in terms of story line on this show for weeks. You could go on a two week vacation and return to pick up where you left off . at the most you would have missed a few cozy Kriya scenes. Even that seems to be under threat in a day or two when Prats catches Krishna redhanded in a lie.๐Ÿค”

When I read the LUD I thought Shamu made that comment after Komal left the room but was shocked to see her standing there mum while Adarsh went on his "support my wife" tirade.  Shamu's audacity to ask Adarsh "how dare you compare daughter Prats to the unpud Komal who doesn't make mistakes but does bad things intentionally" was the heights (as Hami would say) of audacity.  He was heaping insults on Komal who let it pass knowing fully well Prats is seen as the infallible ladli in the family.  Plus her husband was now making more money and as far as she was concerned her sasural can go tel lene.

Naina is becoming more and more like Dadi, judgmental and downright rude with Komal. Komal is tight on the purse strings these days and soon the young couple may find a home of their own. Unlike Krishna, Adarsh will be ready to drop his family in a jiffy and walk out with Komal now that moneybags Takur SS is his benefactor. 

Thank you Mera, I've decided to just watch the episodes from this week onwards. Tanthya gives such precise updates that I feel as if I've watched all the episodes. Even when I read the update, I thought that definitely Komal must not be there while condescending marks were being passed towards her. But she was there, and she was quiet. I was also surprised that no one in the forum found it degrading... now I know most ppl hadn't seen the episode yet.

I'm glad to see Adarsh taking Komal's side. I don't seem to recall any bad thing Komal has done intentionally since many many days. What I remember is how she stood up for the family when people came pestering them, how she borrowed money from her dad so that they could pay off the loan. How she ironed Prof's shirt and gave him tea, how she's learning to cook, and how she wanted to share the TV with the whole family. The only WRONG thing she did was to hide the money from Naina (don't even feel like calling her Nainaji, I've lost respect for her).... but that was also coz Adarsh told her to.

The couple needs to scoot out of that house now, no one can thrive in such a stifling atmosphere. I feel sorry for the kids who will be raised in that house.
elle45 thumbnail
Originally posted by: tanthya

Hi Elle,

Lovely Post , Hun...

Forget Komal..Such derogatory remarks against an Woman who was someone's daughter .what about the Sanskaar that he used to bring up every nano second ..is it  in his sanskaar to humiliate a woman, moreover a Woman who never had anything to do with his daughter and her GJB , nor one who instigated or escalated the tension between Adarsh and Pratigya ..How dare  The Sanskar spouting  Sax stoop this level...What the Thakur's do crudely, The sax do it with Finesse ..What the Thakurs do overtly, the Sax do it subtly ..So is the term "EDUCATION" vastly exaggerated.

Yet the reaction of both the women are interesting..Here was an uneducated woman, a gutsy woman, a shrewish woman ..A woman who is not afraid of Pangas ..what does she do when She is being insulted by her inlaws and house is derided ...She stands quietly and in dignity..with not even a disgust escaping her face..She stands stoic and calm..She waits for her husband to defend ..and he does !!!

What about the case of the educated, compassionate, respectful ..She would immediately draw herself and intimidate them with legal consequences ..would not stand by idly and would give a swift  and cutting riposte leading to an even more deterioration of relationship..A relationship she never has the intention of maintaining anyway ...

In the two cases..I would say the uneducated one showed more sanskar than the educated one..

Exactly, there was no difference between the padhe likhe and the unpad. As the urdu saying goes: Padh likh ke sab gawa diya. It was not just about Komal, but about every woman. No woman deserves to be treated this way if there is no fault of her own.

I liked this difference between Komal and Pratigya. It shows 2 different methods to handle the same situation. What also angered me was that Saxenas were disappointed when Adarsh supported Komal against them. But they fully expect Krishna to support Pratigya against his family. What kind of justice is this?

Not to sound derogatory, but the Prof and Naina believe that just by giving their children an education (2 of them, Arushi is not a graduate)... they have raised the perfect kids. Such kind of people are now a dime a dozen. You, me, we're all educated, yet we're not considered perfect or beyond reproach. What is so speacial about the Saxena kids? Time and again, their sanskaar have failed. They've made wrong decisions. They make mistakes like any other human being. So why does Prof consider them to be so perfect? I'm well educated, I make mistakes, and mmy parents never considered me above reproach. What's so special about Prats, Adarsh and Arushi that they'll be forgiven even murder by their parents?
pooja-menon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: elle45

Exactly, there was no difference between the padhe likhe and the unpad. As the urdu saying goes: Padh likh ke sab gawa diya. It was not just about Komal, but about every woman. No woman deserves to be treated this way if there is no fault of her own.

I liked this difference between Komal and Pratigya. It shows 2 different methods to handle the same situation. What also angered me was that Saxenas were disappointed when Adarsh supported Komal against them. But they fully expect Krishna to support Pratigya against his family. What kind of justice is this?

Not to sound derogatory, but the Prof and Naina believe that just by giving their children an education (2 of them, Arushi is not a graduate)... they have raised the perfect kids. Such kind of people are now a dime a dozen. You, me, we're all educated, yet we're not considered perfect or beyond reproach. What is so speacial about the Saxena kids? Time and again, their sanskaar have failed. They've made wrong decisions. They make mistakes like any other human being. So why does Prof consider them to be so perfect? I'm well educated, I make mistakes, and mmy parents never considered me above reproach. What's so special about Prats, Adarsh and Arushi that they'll be forgiven even murder by their parents?

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘
piyarapiyari thumbnail
elle my sis i do not fully agree wid u bt at some point i do agree as no one is perfect in the world everyone can do mistakes whether its educated r not and as pooja dii said like the method of 2 woman,s in handling the situation i too love and pratigya can also do a mistake bt not like komal sorry to say bt they were right komal don,t do bhools she do a mistake and that also JAN BOOJ KE ya i agree in the tv case sax,s were wrong bt not in the emotions bt just in creating a scene they can respectly and wid love tell r understands to komal about their emotions bt no they just did a hungama that was wrong, u said pratigya send thakurs to jail so tell me do u think they were right r wrong so if they were wrong so they have to be punished and if she don,t do that u me and all will tell that she was wrong she did,nt did anything as in araushi case then i agree that sax,s r not so mahan they should also b punished for their wrong doings as for araushi and adarsh bt cv,s did,nt this so that,s wrong we all know that adarsh scolding to pratigya was not right whatever he did was wrong so if this q has been asked by sax,s to adarsh so what,s wrong in that a husband should support love care his wife in front of all in alone bt do just wrong things is not correct i want to ask what komal has sacrificed is it her language no her non veg agree bt not wid respect wid lots of tamasha she has only sacrifice one thing and that is her ASH O ARAM ya i do have sympathy and love towards komal bt more for pratz becoz itms very difficult for u to live in a family to whom u know hate u and wants u to scared just think about hat i love komal and kriya both bt sax,s r not fully wrong they r also right