Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

India-Forums

Celebrating Brilliance : Sushant and Shampa :) (Page 5)

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 09 March 2011 at 10:22pm | IP Logged
Pallavi where were you yaar??? I have been waiting for your reaction ever since the result was declared.

I strongly agree with everything you've said. Sushant portrayed a part of himself in ALL his performances....

His patriotism in his teen ka tadka (he has said in many articles before about his views on the country, he teaches little poor children, he said his proudest moment was his performance in commonwealth games etc.)

His thoughts about his mother--- thanks to ZNKD, we know very well that Sushant is very sensitive about his mother  and the whole thing was no TRP drama or vote seeking attempt(as some on this forum claimed)

His humourous side (like in L n P act)

His fascination with Madhuri... (he has always said in interviews that Madhuri is his favourite actress.)

His martial arts and the concept - Guru hamesha bada hota hai--- (his frequent references to his teacher Shiamak Daver and how he was proud to train under him)

His respect for our culture and presenting it in a creative manner (Mahabharata act)

and so much more. Your post is bang on correct and I LOVE IT! No other person has used this stage to the optimum as he did.

I had not replied in this thread properly as of now, cos I could not decide which was SuMpa's best performance... (which I asked everyone to state)... but your post made me answer back.

I will come up with a detailed writeup about this jodi later.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

dhahiRiddikuluslunzapigbelly4myfeet..Sonii..Nisha_90

pigbelly4myfeet IF-Rockerz
pigbelly4myfeet
pigbelly4myfeet

Posted: 09 March 2011 at 10:30pm | IP Logged
Sorry for spamming...but I'd like to add quotes from people on Jhalak about Sushant, since we are appreciating him fully in this thread:

Madhuri: "Jab Sushant dance karte hain, toh har performance AATMA se aati hai unki" Day DreamingDay Dreaming I will love Madhuri forever for this quote. It makes me respect her so much more for the fact that she noticed this quality in Sushant. I think this is the best compliment a dancer...or any artist can receive. It means they are TRUE to their art, and I think there can be no compliment more beautiful than this one. My sentiments about Sushant's performances EXACTLY. :)

Mallaika..(or was it Madhuri again..I can't remember...pretty sure it was Mallaika only though: "You guys just take us to a different world with your performances and completely absorb us into it"...sorry if I'm not getting the exact words right...but that was the gist of the quote I believe. Again, my sentiments exactly. Now that's true art right there. :)

Chang: "Agar Sushant haath bhi hilaata hai, toh woh bhi acha lagta hai" LOL Awww, I love Chang. LOL But so true. I think it's because Sushant dances with SO much honesty and FEEL, that all his movements reflect that. Of course his hard work into getting the technique, form etc. of the dancing helps too. :)

I just love these quotes about Sushant these people have said! This guy, as I said in my post above, literally put in his body, mind and SOUL into this competition. He was simply THE BEST. No doubt about it whatsoever. Cool Super proud to be a fan. Approve

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

dhahiCuteCherry..Sonii..RiddikuluslunzaShadowImbueNisha_90

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 09 March 2011 at 10:37pm | IP Logged
Aaah.... Pallavi.... fab work!!!

I will add one more quote by Malaika which she made as early as in week 2 (they represent my sentiments)

"Sushant, I think aap ek lethal combo ho, you're good looking, handsome, great dancer, great body language, great poise... mere liye toh... aap is show ke.... highlight ho!!"

Edit Add:

One more quote which Shilpa Shetty said about Akshat in ZNKD, which represents my sentiments for Sushant::::

"Aap thoda sa bhi karte ho na, to woh bhi accha lag jata hai"

I understood the meaning and truth behind this statement when sushant did his Chumma Chumma dance and got a 27 for that.Clap

For this I give all the credit to his lovely expressions and energy and the fact that he completely loses himself in his dancing without thinking what others must be thinking about him- the energy and enthusiasm trickles on to the audience.

One more by Vaibhavi Merchant (told to Sushant on ZNKD) :::: Aapke expressions itne acche hain ki footwork pe dhyaan hi nahi jaata!!!

And one last one by Rakhi Sawant::::: Kya smile hai...Killer.. KILLER HAI MAN!!!! Honestly, I think he gets half of the points from the judges cos of his smile only.LOL

Edited by nikitagmc - 09 March 2011 at 10:44pm

dhahiCuteCherry..Sonii..Riddikuluslunzapigbelly4myfeetNisha_90

pigbelly4myfeet
pigbelly4myfeet

Posted: 09 March 2011 at 10:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nikitagmc

Pallavi where were you yaar??? I have been waiting for your reaction ever since the result was declared.

I strongly agree with everything you've said. Sushant portrayed a part of himself in ALL his performances....

His patriotism in his teen ka tadka (he has said in many articles before about his views on the country, he teaches little poor children, he said his proudest moment was his performance in commonwealth games etc.)

His thoughts about his mother--- thanks to ZNKD, we know very well that Sushant is very sensitive about his mother  and the whole thing was no TRP drama or vote seeking attempt(as some on this forum claimed)

His humourous side (like in L n P act)

His fascination with Madhuri... (he has always said in interviews that Madhuri is his favourite actress.)

His martial arts and the concept - Guru hamesha bada hota hai--- (his frequent references to his teacher Shiamak Daver and how he was proud to train under him)

His respect for our culture and presenting it in a creative manner (Mahabharata act)

and so much more. Your post is bang on correct and I LOVE IT! No other person has used this stage to the optimum as he did.

I had not replied in this thread properly as of now, cos I could not decide which was SuMpa's best performance... (which I asked everyone to state)... but your post made me answer back.

I will come up with a detailed writeup about this jodi later.

Hey Niki! Hug Sorry I didn't get a chance to come earlier. I actually just saw the finale now only too. 

Looking forward to your detailed post. :) But totally, I can find something I absolutely loved from all of Sushant and Shampa's performances too. Actually even though he didn't score well in the first performance, I was drawn to him from that performance only. His first presence on the Jhalak stage only told me how much this guy stood above the other contestants. He just had that confidence, that personality, that ENERGY! A true performer right there! In fact, some times I felt that he even overshadowed Shampa who of course is a mind-blowing dancer and choreographer...but it's just Sushant's stage presence, energy and confidence that makes you WANT to watch him when he's on stage. 

And then of course each performance of his after that has been simply awesome. He's amazed and touched hearts with his performances. Otherwise, Jhalak is a pretty mediocre dancing reality show..but Sushant and Shampa really brought up the level of this show! 

Talking about my favourite performances of his, I think mine is def. the Mahabharata one. I just think it's so genius. And I love the Madhuri..o re piya and the ma-beta ones because they are just so soul touching. I love both the songs 'o re piya' and 'lukka chupi' too, they are SUCH soulful songs...and dance performances doing complete justice to such awesome songs makes me SO happy and touched. It's really not easy to capture the essence of such amazing songs such as these I feel. But with Sushant's honest emotions and Shampa's awesome choreography, these two did full justice to these songs! Clap Of course the concept and their interpretations of these songs made them that much better. These two are the performances that make me smile or tear up or both. Just so impactful. 

Oh I also loved the teen tadka performance. I absolutely LOVE the layers this performance had. And the use of costumes with the concept. SO genius. I also loved the dhoom tana performance because even in a simply bollywood act...with pretty classic steps and you know a song to which we've seen SO many performances...even despite all that Sushant completely owned the stage in that performance. Like I think Mona said this...he's just a visual treat to watch on stage. lol Damn I should've added that to my quotes wali post. LOL

But man, I have too many favourites from Sushant and Shampa. Too hard to choose just one. Just love these guys. Bless them for giving us such awesome and memorable performances all season. Hope they go far in their careers/life...they're way too talented and creative! Clap

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

dhahiCuteCherry..Sonii..bonnefilleRiddikuluslunzaNisha_90nikitagmc

pigbelly4myfeet
pigbelly4myfeet

Posted: 09 March 2011 at 11:00pm | IP Logged
Ohhh awesome quotes Niki! LOL A lot of the quotes are similar, and reflect the same sentiments na? Makes me think, ki we are not the only crazy ones who have been so amazed by this guy. Cuz sometimes I surprise myself with how much I've grown to like/appreciate Sushant! LOL SO many people share our sentiments! Matlab bande mein kuch toh baat hai! CoolLOL

The comment from Shilpa Shetty and Chang is almost exactly same! LOL And LMAO at Rakhi's quote! haha but true, he does have an awesome smile too. And I love his personality too, the way he conducts himself generally. He has that charm, plus he can DANCE...what's not to love about this guy? LOL

itti143dhahi..Sonii..bonnefilleRiddikuluslunzaNisha_90

Riddikulus IF-Rockerz
Riddikulus
Riddikulus

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 6:52am | IP Logged
Oh wow...LOVE the lively discussion on, Nikita and Pallavi! Agree with everything you guys've said. Big smile

As for me, like I've said a million times before, the one thing I appreciated most about Sushant and Shampa is how brilliant they were as a team. I know what you guys mean when you say that Sushant put his ALL into his performances, and I think that applies to Shampa just as much as it does to him. Approve

Pallavi, since you mentioned the Chhau act, which is one of my absolute favourites, I think this applies most clearly there. Sushant's idea of Karna's perspective on the Mahabharata is genius. And Shampa's being able to telescope that vast narrative into two and a half minutes, using the Chhau mudras and movements is genius too. So it's like a meeting ground of two very creative, reflective and responsive minds, working in perfect tandem. And the result is there for all to see. Clap

The same then goes for the Horror act, which, like Shampa said herself, was the joint output of a brainstorming session with ideas from them both for the concept as well as choreography. If that isn't teamwork, I don't know what is. Touchwood, really. Approve

Just like these two acts, there was the Colour-themed one using Red as Luck from Sushant's reading of Chinese Metaphysics, and bringing it together on stage using Shampa's knowledge of Flamenco. So you have the concept complimenting the form, and the form complimenting the concept, both of which shone out the way they did in conjunction with the other. Add to that two dancers who execute everything to perfection, and there really isn't much more you could ask for. Clap

And as my post makes quite evident, I have no one favourite performance of Sushant and Shampa's. I've loved them all in their own different ways. Each and every one. And that speaks volumes for me as a viewer, of what Sushant and Shampa stood for as dancers, and as a team on Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa. Approve

I'll probably keep on pitching in with tidbits as things keep coming to my mind. Keep up the discussion, guys! Big smile

Edited by nandinidev - 10 March 2011 at 6:57am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

CuteCherry..Sonii..lunzapigbelly4myfeetNisha_90

bozo Groupbie
bozo
bozo

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 7:36am | IP Logged
For us SHUSHANT is the winner hands off.

You don't need judges to tell us. A 5 year old can tell us after watching all the performances.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

dhahi

toothbrush13 IF-Dazzler
toothbrush13
toothbrush13

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 11:28pm | IP Logged
Thank you for this post!!  I loved reading it and everyone else's views as well.

Ohh Sushant.  Day Dreaming

Now what do I say?  I think everyone has put forward so many points in a beautiful manner.  I have never seen anyone so dedicated to performing well on a tv show.  His passion is so clear, and that's what sets his performances apart for me.  Not that others aren't passionate, but the way he seemed to want to get every single last detail perfect just put Sushant over and above.  As others have said, it's the soulful quality of Sushant's performances that draws you in regardless of your technical knowledge of dance or lack thereof.  I can't get over his level of dedication and his honesty toward his work.  In a short interview after the Lukka Chuppi performance, despite his emotional state, his comment on his performance was that he made a few errors and it could have been better.  He makes me want to do a fangirl swoon sometimes, really.  LOL

But Sushant didn't just depend on his passion or fan-following to take him through, he really did put forward stellar performances, on the levels of both dance and concept.  Almost all of his movements were so clear and smooth; some may say that it's because of his training, but just watching the first episode will tell otherwise.  He had lost touch with his training and his previous level, and like many others on the show he too worked hard to improve.  Sushant came out of his comfort zone and tried acts such as the Chhau or the aerial performance, then adding to that his innovative concept ideas leaves me a very impressed fan. 

I don't think anyone has ever been appreciated so much for their talent on JDJ, and Sushant is truly the one to deserve the appreciation. 

And ohh Shampa.  Day Dreaming

She has to be one of the best choreographers on JDJ till date!  I can't believe I - and the rest of the world, for that matter - was not exposed to her earlier.  She so beautifully expressed each one of Sushant's and her own concepts through her choreography.  If their expressions weren't enough, even the steps just lived the music and the theme they would dance to.  Also, Shampa very intelligently utilized each of Sushant's strengths, be it expressions, martial arts training, or personality.  I commend her for working with so much flexibility with Sushant and his other commitments.  I doubt it was easy to show up for rehearsals in the middle of the night; she also was never given much attention or limelight on the show, but not once did she frown or complain, instead she was so gracious in her appreciation of her partner.  Truly what a wonderful find!  I hope she goes very very far in her career as a choreographer and attains lots of success.

I was honestly feeling so sad watching the finale, but in the end Sushant and Shampa put forth their best and so did fans with their votes and support.  I don't think there could have been a better dream team on JDJ:  they performed impeccably, were friendly but professional too, and complemented each other's strengths wonderfully. 

It felt nice to write about them after a such a long time, and my goodness was it great to read a thread full of nice things about them - such a rarity these days.  LOL

Edited by toothbrush13 - 10 March 2011 at 11:33pm

itti143dhahiRiddikuluslunzapigbelly4myfeetNisha_90nikitagmc

Go to top