Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Siddhima/JeRan Unbreakable Bond:Saas Sang Sasural (Page 33)

*Shruti* Global Moderator
*Shruti*
*Shruti*

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 6:53am | IP Logged
Born in Hong Kong, she and her seven siblings spent their growing-up years trailing their mother, charity worker Susanna Turcotte, across China, Japan, France, Switzerland, several East European countries, Belgium, Hawaii, and then three years in London, where many of her sisters live in a five-room house.

*Shruti*
*Shruti*

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 6:54am | IP Logged
Her mother, a lawyer from Bath, England, came to India a year after her daughter, setting up Relief Projects India, which runs a home for abandoned children in Madurai. Her father, Mohammad Kaif, lives in America and is quite a well-to-do businessman, she says, who has no interest in reaching out to her. She claims he is a Kashmiri, though it is a most unusual name in those parts.
*Shruti*
*Shruti*

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 6:57am | IP Logged
Pragmatic. Hard-working. Earnest. Go-getter. These are the words most used for Katrina. No one calls her exceptionally gifted but everyone agrees that if she's required for a shoot at 7 a.m., she will be ready at 6.45 a.m. She will always be available for fittings for costumes and for rehearsals for an important song 10 days ahead of it being shot.
*Shruti*
*Shruti*

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 6:59am | IP Logged
Katrina grabbed every chance that came her way. "My first few films were really a process of learning," she says. "There was no target." But there was a dogged determination to get work. Ghai recalls how he went to Salman's home in Galaxy Apartments to discuss Yuvvraaj. Katrina had just signed Namastey London and was lounging around comfortably. "She came to my office the next day and asked me for a role in Yuvvraaj. She could have got Salman to tell me. But she had enough pride to ask for it herself. I signed her for two films. There was no haggling."
nami2811 IF-Sizzlerz
nami2811
nami2811

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 7:06am | IP Logged

Yet another Awards Nite in the offer..

Thursday, March 10, 2011 | 6:53:34 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 1 Comments Yet another Awards Nite in the offer..

Pooja Ghai Rawal is working on an Awards Nite 'Rang' which will felicitate the achievers in television..

The entertainment industry, be it both television and Bollywood has no dearth of ideas when it comes to the number of Awards functions organized to felicitate people associated with it. Joining this big business now is Pooja Ghai Rawal!!

We have come to understand that Pooja who was earlier associated with Vikas Kalantri's White Leaf Entertainment is planning to kick-start an awards event of her own, called 'Rang' which will award the big achievers in television.

A little birdie tells us, "The event is at the working stage right now. Pooja has selected a very authentic destination to host her first awards event. It is supposed to be a two day event, wherein there will be a Fashion show organized on the first day which will be followed by the Awards Nite".

We get to hear that the name of the event has been registered as 'Rang' and Sony has apparently bagged the rights of telecast.

When contacted, Pooja Ghai told us, "I do not want to comment on it right now".

Guess awards functions are one way to bolster the spirits of one and all in the industry..

Reporter and Author: Srividya Rajesh
*Shruti*
*Shruti*

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 7:19am | IP Logged
She's not forthcoming on the co-stars she's rumoured to be dating. On Ranbir Kapoor, she will only say that they really got on well, treating each other like buddies. As for Salman, she will only speak of him in a roundabout way. "It's a tricky situation. How do you learn to say no to someone who's been there for you? Who gave you that one big film at a time when there really wasn't anyone else. How much do you owe that person? Fine, they gave you a chance, it worked for you, it worked for them. So how far do you take the gratitude?"

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nami2811

*Shruti*
*Shruti*

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 7:22am | IP Logged
Practice. That's her secret. Whether it's 25 takes to get a single scene right or an all-night revision session with a tutor to get the pronunciation perfect for a big scene while everyone else is partying. (Content Courtesy: India Today)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nami2811

-x-Reshu-x- IF-Stunnerz
-x-Reshu-x-
-x-Reshu-x-

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 7:22am | IP Logged

Go to top