love is meaningless : sara

madhurirajput71 Goldie
madhurirajput71
madhurirajput71

Posted: 08 March 2011 at 3:28am | IP Logged

Love is meaningless says Sara Khan
Buzz up!

Kavita Awaasthi  /Hill Road Media

Petite Sara Khan has been in the news for her wedding, her breakup with husband Ali Merchant and the swapping of allegations. Trying to put her past behind, Sara took on a new show Zee's Ram Milaye Jodi, where she plays a vivacious character Mona, who is trying to fit into her new sasuraal. Ironically, the character's journey could very well have been Sara's real life story too, but alas that was not to be!! Skeptical and cynical yet putting up a brave front, Sara talks about the show, her life, her friends and the meaning of love for her today.

Showing 1 of 2 images Previous    Next
Sara Khan

How is the experience of playing Mona in Zee's Ram Milaye Jodi?
Mona is wonderful. The character is superbly written and I am enjoying myself. I wanted to play a chulbhuli girl post Bidaai where Sadhana needed to be a bit serious and mature in life. Mona can be bindaas and crazy at times. I am thrilled to be working with Zee and the lovely production house. From all the aspects this project satisfies me. I love working with them as I get lot of love and respect from the unit and team.

Sara Khan

You said Mona is very much like you in real life. Is it tougher or easier to enact a trait from our own personality?
She is chulbhuli and talkative and I am too. There were few incidents in my life that upset me a bit recently. I won't let few ups and downs bog me down. Mona was the best thing to happen to me post Bigg Boss, as not only did it bring me back on TV, in an interesting role but the fun loving aspect of the character lifted my spirits too. I am glad that I am not crying on screen for a change, as perhaps it would have further upset me. I am happy to chatting non-stop, laughing and having fun.

Sara Khan

Once you started shooting, did you make any changes in the look of Mona than her earlier representation?
As far as the look goes, I don't think I changed much. But I love my pendant which is a diamond studded S and like the Bidaai team, the Zee team too thankfully agreed to let me wear it on screen. I even got a new Blackberry phone which I personally decorated to a shocking pink, so I persuaded the creative head to let me use it as my character's phone. I would like to think they are lucky for me. I am told that the TRP for the show was 1.2 when I joined but after a week, it went up to 3.5 which is a great response. I am very thrilled and satisfied to deliver such results. I will keep giving my best to my viewers. I can't disappoint them. I hope the fans keep loving me and my work as they have been doing since last four years.

Ali and Sara

How do you look back on the Bigg Boss experience on the whole?
Bigg Boss is pass now. I don't want to think or talk about it. It came, it happened and it is in the past. Let's move on.

What does love mean to you today?
Love is nothing. It is a fake emotion. Love is meaningless.

Sara Khan

Has fame changed you?
When I began working, I was only 15 and half years old. Honestly, I didn't get a chance to really live a normal life. Every day on the set, I grow as a person and as an actor. I have never struggled in my life, so I don't have any take on that. I have seen good fortune, name, fame and success. And I would like to believe I am the same. I try to be as good a person as I can

Sara Khan

What is the one thing people don't know about you?
People think of me as an arrogant girl who is full of attitude person. But once they meet me, talk to me, and know me better, they reverse their opinion. They realise I am not like that at all. I want to tell people that just because I am doing well in my career, please don't misunderstand me.

Sara and Ashmit

Who would you say are your friends in the industry?
Parul, Angad, Kingshuk from Bidaai and few other non actors are my best friends. I am glad I met these lovely people in Bidaai and I can call them my friends. I can't make friends easily as it is really tough. Moreover, after such an experience [breakup with husband Ali], I can't trust anyone.

Sara Khan

The Bidaai team has a kitty party every month. Are you a part of it?
I do go often to the kitty party but not every month. We do try and catch up as and when. Meeting everyone is fun. We are all a family even today. And a kitty party is a cool, fun way to meet.

What else do you have in the pipeline?
I do have offers for two tv shows. But as you know actors never reveal their future projects till the channel announces them. So wait and watch.

STARONE.IN

STARONE.IN

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Love-is-meaningless-says-Sara-Khan&aid=2639

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

anizor

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top