Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

India-Forums

Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 4 Winner is Chang! (Page 8)

-Nadii- IF-Sizzlerz
-Nadii-
-Nadii-

Posted: 08 March 2011 at 6:23am | IP Logged
 Meiyang Chang's Jhalak 4 winner
Rumour has it that being the channel's favourite got him the title

As expected, singer-actor-host
Meiyang Chang was crowned the winner of the fifth season of the celebrity dance reality show, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa last night. He and his choreographer won a cash prize of rupees 25 lakhs each. Arguably, one of the most talented contestants, Sushant Singh Rajput, won the Most Spotless Performance Jodi award and walked away with an amount of rupees five lakhs. He couldn't lift the winner's trophy despite being the strongest contestant and one of the most popular actors on TV today.

Days before the final, the TV industry was abuzz with the rumours that Chang would emerge victorious as he is the face of the channel since he participated in their music reality show, Indian Idol 3. With the latest victory, it's evident that at the end of the day
Sony lauds its own babies against better dancers and that favouritism wins over talent. During the inaugural season too, Mona Singh (Sony's child) defeated a far more talented Shveta Salve. And so we can say that history has repeated itself.

What the choreographers say...
Vaibhavi Merchant: I am very happy that Chang has won the show. I was rooting for him as his choreographer Marischa has worked with me and is a gifted dancer. Chang is sweet, nice and earnest and is a perfect example of the transformation of a non-dancer to a dancer. Baichung Bhutia's victory during the last season too justified the format of the show.

Meiyang Chang with Madhuri Dixit Nene and Malaika Arora Khan
Shiamak Davar: I have been rooting for Sushant Singh Rajput as he is a true performer and a fabulous dancer. He has been my student and I know that he is very hardworking and hungry to learn new things. Chang, who has finally won the title, is a great singer. He has proved that slow and steady wins the race. He is a complete package and multitalented as he can sing, act and dance.

Terence Lewis: I was rooting for Sushant as he has been a consistent performer right from the beginning. However, having said that I can understand why Chang won. Chang's win is a projection of the junta's votes and they voted for him because in his win, lies theirs. But Sushant and Marischa are the most-loved dancing couple.

Edited by -Nadii- - 08 March 2011 at 6:23am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

attack_007irene_cAnjaani_Dastaanbonnefille--Rachna--.DontKnow.mazkachazka

Sphallolalia Goldie
Sphallolalia
Sphallolalia

Posted: 08 March 2011 at 6:24am | IP Logged
Heaps of articles floating around, some with pictures tooo....
.....Chang seems to have won Clap

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

EatPrayLove

-Nadii- IF-Sizzlerz
-Nadii-
-Nadii-

Posted: 08 March 2011 at 6:25am | IP Logged

It has now been confirmed Chang won, so making this sticky

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

SphallolaliaRiddikulusmazkachazka

bonnefille IF-Rockerz
bonnefille
bonnefille

Posted: 08 March 2011 at 6:25am | IP Logged
Another article...

Times of India.....

Chang wins Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4

Meiyang Chang and his choreographer Marisha have won the Season 4 of dance reality show Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa. Sushant wins the 'Most Consistent Performer' title. 

The cat is finally out of the bag. Like we had reported last week, Meiyang Chang has won the title of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Season 4 . "Chang and his choreographer Marisha have won the title. They have won the prize money of Rs 50 lakh with Chang and Marisha winning Rs 25 lakh each", informs a source directly from the sets of the grand finale. 

While most were expecting Sushant Singh Rajput to win the show for his impeccable dance performances through the show, the twist in the tale comes with Chang being declared as the winner. "Sushant Singh Rajput has won the 'Most Consistent Performer' title' along with the prize money of Rs 5 lakhs", claims the source. 

The channel and the dance show have had this legacy of declaring winners who were non-dancer when they started on the show. "If you notice, all winners of earlier seasons of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa including Mona Singh, Prachi Desai and Bhaichung Bhutia have essentially been participants who were not blessed with natural dancing abilities but transformed themselves into great dancers through the course of the show", says an industry insider. "Amongst the finalists Meiyang Chang was the only one who started as non-dancer but has worked and shown immense improvement in his dancing prowess". 

Yana Gupta and Sushant Singh Rajput competed with Meiyang Chang for the coveted title. The grand finale which was shot earlier today will be telecast today evening. 

mazkachazka

bonnefille IF-Rockerz
bonnefille
bonnefille

Posted: 08 March 2011 at 6:27am | IP Logged

Yet another one...

Meiyang Chang wins 'Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 4'

The grand finale of the dance show, 'Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 4' is yet to be aired today on Sony Entertainment channel but the final result of the show is out. Meiyang Chang, a professional dentist tuned singer-actor and now a dancer has been crowned the winner of JDJ season 4. He beat item girl Yana Gupta and TV actor Sushant Singh Rajput.

Sushant was highly expected to win the show on looking at his popularity but finally the crown went to Meiyang. Yana Gupta who fractured her nose during the show had less chance of winning the show as compared to Meiyang and Sushant.

Meiyang Chang first came to the limelight when he participated in 'Indian Idol 3' and debuted in acting with 'Badmaash Company'. 

Read more: Meiyang Chang wins 'Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 4' | Meiyang Chang | Yana Gupta http://www.bollywoodmantra.com/news/meiyang-chang-wins-jhalak-dikhla-jaa-4/7003/#ixzz1G0w6bqgO

mazkachazka

bonnefille IF-Rockerz
bonnefille
bonnefille

Posted: 08 March 2011 at 6:29am | IP Logged
and with this my heart breaks....Broken Heart

Congratulations Chang and Marischa.

But for me the winners are my beloved Sushant and Shampa. Heart

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

dhahibabu2008mazkachazkablueocean_787

CuteCherry Goldie
CuteCherry
CuteCherry

Posted: 08 March 2011 at 6:31am | IP Logged
well now that it has been confirmed Congratulation to chang for winning the JDJ trophy.

but i am really sad for Sushant and Shampa. after giving such outstanding and awesome performances that JDJ has ever seen, they didn't win the titleCryCry

Sushant deserved it more than anyoneCryCry but he and shampa both will always be the true winner of this season because only they could have done what they did in jdj.they have set the level so high thats it's going to be hard for next season contestants to match up to their levelApprove

they both will always remain the TRUE WINNER!

Edited by CuteCherry - 08 March 2011 at 7:00am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

MamanaArmu4evababu2008

EatPrayLove Senior Member
EatPrayLove
EatPrayLove

Posted: 08 March 2011 at 6:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Nadii-

Meiyang Chang's Jhalak 4 winner

Days before the final, the TV industry was abuzz with the rumours that Chang would emerge victorious as he is the face of the channel since he participated in their music reality show, Indian Idol 3. With the latest victory, it's evident that at the end of the day
Sony lauds its own babies against better dancers and that favouritism wins over talent. During the inaugural season too, Mona Singh (Sony's child) defeated a far more talented Shveta Salve. And so we can say that history has repeated itself.

Well that is so un-TOI'ish. sounds pretty bitchy. and when you're talking of facts, :

1.Shveta Salve during Season 1 was the face of Sony's other channel SAB.
2. During season 2, Prachi Desai won who was the face of Zee TV.
3. This season, we had Daya and Krushna and Shekhar (who must've done dozens of TV shows with Sony). They were the faces of Sony. Chang hasn't had any connection with Sony since II4, which he hosted. He wasn't even chosen for II5 hosting coz the production house had changed.

And as far as the question of deserving goes, the judges themselves have maintained that all three are deserving contenders for the top.

So yes, whoever the f may say whatever the f, but Chang won and he was deserving and that's the end of the whole damn story.

And I'm so so so happy for both Chang and Marischa, they totally deserved it, and I'm so glad all my votes rang laye! YAYAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!

And I must say that I'm feeling quite bad that Sushant and Shampa lost. Which is pretty dumb of me coz seen objectively, that's what I had wanted all along. Best of luck for them for their future. Shampa will definitely win the upcoming season, if she stays!

Edited by EatPrayLove - 08 March 2011 at 6:59am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Sphallolalia:::pooja:::Anjaani_Dastaanblytonqazplmaa123.80mazkachazka

Go to top