Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

India-Forums

Sorry to say, Sushant is boring (Page 5)

Tiyali IF-Rockerz

Posted: 08 March 2011 at 7:03am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

..Sonii..Nisha_90AreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 08 March 2011 at 7:07am | IP Logged
LOLLL you find Sushant's movements repetitive and boring and Yana's ORIGINAL everytime?? *dies laughing*......

Sushant has been superlative throughout this season....although I too felt that the finale stretch didn't live up to his earlier performances....just a few steps felt repeated in the solo.....but not much apart from that.

Even Yana has her standard lifts that her and Salman do like EVERYTIME....and no one stretches more than her.....her "style" is limited to her gymnast moves and the few item girl latke jhatke she can manage to do.....beyond that, her attempts to do classical exposed how limited she is as a dancer.

Chang is the one that has shown a lot of variety no doubt and has deffo been very entertaining.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

..Sonii..Nisha_90-Priya-

..sush.. IF-Sizzlerz
..sush..
..sush..

Posted: 08 March 2011 at 8:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nikitagmc

You don't need to be sorry for expressing your opinion.

Well, I disagree with you completely. I usually find Sushant's performances the MOST INTERESTING out of everyone else's in the show. There's usually a nice concept, there's depth, there are always good expressions and the lyrics are always brought out beautifully in the song. Dance is not just about body movements or steps, it is actually when you bring out the energy, the feel and the mood along with the situation in the form of moves which are eye-pleasing and couple it with suitable expressions--- without these, the dance ends up looking like acrobatics with a song playing in the background, even if the steps are very new or innovative.

And this thing I have seen consistently ONLY in Sushant's performance. I saw it in Krushna's performance too, when he was on the show briefly. I see it in Chang's too, but not all the time. 

EDit ADD:::

and prey why does everyone keep saying that Sushant has done same same dance forms only???- he has done a lot I think--- Jazz, Salsa, Chhau, L n P, Flamenco, Contemporary, Hip hop,  Lyrical hip-hop, Bollywood, Aerial act, Samba, Disco, Chinese Dai and Yi (two dance forms) and also Martial arts.... that's quite a lot I think. I doubt others have done this much also, cos he chose special forms even in episodes where special forms were not required, like in the Colours theme when he did Flamenco, and in the Valentine Day act when he did Lyrical Hip hop (Rehna Tu). Others had not chosen any special forms on these episodes.

i totally agree with you

orms Goldie
orms
orms

Posted: 08 March 2011 at 10:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tiya229

Originally posted by orms

I know many like him and his dancing, but for me, when he dances, it's like the right time to take a loo/coffee break.

On the other hand, I do agree that Shampa is an A-One dancer. She's really fab. But I still think Sushant is overrated and that he's not as wonderful (as a dancer) as he's made out to be.

@bold: if you didnt take so many coffee/loo breaks and actually watched the performances maybe you'd have another opinion...LOLTongue
Ha.. ha... LOL I actually laughed at that. Touche! (My point was His Boringness was forcing me to wander around the house in search of activity!!) Anyway, less coffee breaks mean less loo breaks now. Yippeeee! LOL
apart from that, its a free country/forum, feel free to state your opinons...

It looks like the nation agreed with me about Sushant! I rest my case! LOL

Edited by orms - 08 March 2011 at 10:28am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

demolition_man

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 08 March 2011 at 10:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by orms

It looks like the nation agreed with me about Sushant! I rest my case! LOL

Apparently the qualified and experiences judges, along with choreos like Shiamak Daver and Terrence Lewis (who were rooting for Sushant) share the same view point as the rest of us though, and awarded him the Most Consistent Performer trophy.Smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sanaa_sArushi.bonnefilleAreYaar

-Priya- IF-Addictz
-Priya-
-Priya-

Posted: 08 March 2011 at 10:59am | IP Logged

well i find salyana boring wiht their lifts everytime. i like chnag a lot but even some of his performances werent as good whn compared to sushants stepswise and all  

anyways good for you each to his own
 BUT you seem to be blaming his choreographer how can you hate a DANCER for the steps their choreos give them. i love shampa but shouldn't your post be abt shampa not sushant then? doesnt make any sense to me whatsoever  

quoting you on pg1:
He's been doing the SAME dance movements from day one. Rarely has he done different steps... the same leg stretching, arm stretching and waving, jumping from here to there. I think he's been overrated and think what you must, but this is my opinion and I'm entitled to it

only points to shampa not sushant he only does  the steps that his choreo gives him. fine its our opinion but like i said before... this doesnt make any sense at all  Confused

Edited by -Priyalicious- - 08 March 2011 at 10:59am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sanaa_sAreYaar

Arushi. IF-Rockerz
Arushi.
Arushi.

Posted: 08 March 2011 at 11:02am | IP Logged
I've been seeing so many posts talking about lack of variety in Sushant's dance. Excuse me?

Variety is not only different forms or different steps. It is the presentation of the almost same steps in different ways. It is the presentation of the same lines in varying degrees. Variation to is the ability to present something on stage, which always appeals and looks good on screen.

PS: Ballroom dancing has many forms within it, and most of them have the same steps. Yet for each little variation in the steps, the form becomes different. Subtilities matter. 
EmAsh IF-Dazzler
EmAsh
EmAsh

Posted: 08 March 2011 at 2:44pm | IP Logged
I am so happy that sushant didn't win!!! I wanted either yana or chang, that what happen.

P.S Sushant fan keep opening topics with long notes blah...blah...keep expressing ur sadness.

Go to top