Top 5 : tanu weds manu HIT SKM n PH : flops

Posted: 13 years ago
Midweek B.O.: 'Tanu Weds Manu' holds very well at plexes, status: Hit
- By Taran Adarsh, March 7, 2011 - 19:05 IST
Film Cast Plusses Minusses Verdict

Tanu Weds Manu
Madhavan, Kangna Ranaut, Jimmy Sheirgill, Ravi Kissen, Deepak Dobriyal, Eijaz Khan, Swara Bhaskar, Rajendra Gupta, K.K. Raina, Navni Parihaar, Deepti Mishra Plusses: Great chemistry between Madhavan-Kangna, good music and some wonderful moments in the first hour Gets predictable and serious in second hour Collected approx. Rs. 5.11 cr nett in its second weekend. The breakup:- Fri: 1.26 cr, Sat: 1.95 cr and Sun: 1.90 cr. Total so far: Rs. 23.67 cr nett. Though the contribution from multiplexes has been maximum [single screens aren't up to the mark], the recoveries from various circuits have been very good. Hit

7 Khoon Maaf
Priyanka Chopra, John Abraham, Neil Nitin Mukesh, Naseeruddin Shah, Irrfan Khan, Aleksandr Dyachenko, Annu Kapoor, Vivaan Shah, Konkona Sen Sharma, Usha Uthup Priyanka Chopra's performance and a few interesting episodes Script doesn't hold Flop

Patiala House
Akshay Kumar, Rishi Kapoor, Dimple Kapadia, Anushka Sharma, Armaan Kirmani, Jeneva Talwar, Usman Qureshi, Tinnu Anand, Prem Chopra, Soni Razdan Akshay Kumar's performance, dramatic moments and penultimate portions Screenplay is erratic Flop

Yeh Saali Zindagi
Irrfan Khan, Chitrangda Singh, Arunoday Singh, Aditi Rao Hydari, Saurabh Shukla, Sushant Singh, Vipin Sharma, Yashpal Sharma, Prashant Narayanan, Vipul Gupta A taut screenplay that ensures monotony doesn't set in. Plus, super performances from the entire cast. Also, Sudhir Mishra's handling of the subject material Inconsistent pacing and a few unwanted sequences that add to the length Above average

Note:- The opening weekend of YEH FAASLEY was extremely poor.
http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/trade/top5/index.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Al the craptastic movies are sinking whether it is marketed as a huge masala fanfare i.e. patiala house or a serious "arthouse" film .i.e. saat khoon maaf. I think the audience is growing up. All kinds of films are being accepted these days. Who would have though yeh saali zindagi would be above average? And Tanu weds Manu with a Madhavan and Kangana cast should have technically flopped, but it did not. I like the change. Stars don't guarantee hits these days. Good. Edited by Dexterphile - 13 years ago
Originally posted by: Dexterphile

Al the craptastic movies are sinking whether it is marketed as a huge masala fanfare i.e. patiala house or a serious "arthouse" film .i.e. saat khoon maaf. I think the audience is growing up. All kinds of films are being accepted these days. Who would have though yeh saali zindagi would be above average? And Tanu weds Manu with a Madhavan and Kangana cast should have technically flopped, but it did not. I like the change. Stars don't guarantee hits these days. Good

best line to read
I am liking this new trend.. 

I don't know how the producers get talked into wasting bazillions on such overhyped mediocre 'actors' and garbage scripts..😆😆😆 wht pity.. thats a $hit load of waste..
gamla_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I am so happy that we are finally getting rid of Johar NRI insinuated drama and melodramatic, stupid movies. People have spoken in survivor style.
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I wanna watch Yeh Saali Zindagi. It seems like a nice/realistic film just from the title lol. Happy that TWM was a hit. This shows that films don't become a hit because of the stars in it, but because of the script. Happy for Kangana...even though she was bad in the film. THis girl knows how to pick her scripts. Her films are usually a hit...OUATIM and now TWM. The only bad choice she made was start in No Problem!
Edited by beboholic - 13 years ago
laly thumbnail

I'm really happy for Kangana

ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
yay!! TWM is a hit so happy for Maddy😃

only want to watch Yeh Saali Zindagi 😊

i love Sudhir's movies. his movies let me feel like i'm reading a novel.