Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mike123 thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
Is very much possible and it depends upon how u take the relationship to be. I know it is difficult to trust someone u have never seen but still love depends soley on trust and how much u value the other person. And love is very pure in its form. It does not see religion, caste, boundaries nor any other thing. So i dont understand why love should only be felt physically and not mentally. Try this and it is really a beautiful feeling to love someone from ur heart and whom u have not seen. I truly beleive in that. After all you should love someone from ur heart and not from ur mind. Wat say.....???????
rimpy thumbnail
thanks mike ang k_fan ,u both r seems like me ,love is eternal and the purest imotion of our heart.😊
queenbee thumbnail
Hi rimpy, you sound like a die-hard romantic which is why I'd like to tell u a few incidents - some good, some bad ...

One of my friends had a very, very good male friend on the net, she had known him for a year, very decent and stuff.. when he said he wanted to meet her she agreed and I went along with her (cos there are two cardinal rules.. one, never go alone and meet someone u don't know.. two, make it a public place) He turned out to be this really immature guy who kept pestering her to come over to his house and when she refused he threatened to tell her parents about their friendship.. thank heavens her parents are an enlightened lot so she told him to go ahead and do what the hell he wants... well, she never heard from him again!!!!

Then there's meπŸ˜‰ ... a few years ago I really really liked a guy on the net, he spoke so poetically, was so witty and charming that when he asked me to meet him I agreed... guess what.. he turned out to be the most ugly, paunchy, balding UNCLE u cud ever imagine.. he was wearing a fluorescent pink shirt 🀒... and he looked as if he wants to eat me up.. I RAN FOR MY LIFEπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†!!!!!

Then again, I know a couple in my apartment block who met each other on the net. Initially they were just pals but they got to know each other over a couple of years and had a whirlwind courtship and discovered they were soulmates.. what luck!!😳

Just wanna say that, it's very sweet and perfectly OK to maintain friendships on the Net but as far as dating and meeting in person go, you just can't be too careful....!!!! Always be prepared that things may not be as they seem. Good luck!
mike123 thumbnail
I totally agree with u when u told us abt the incidents of net friendships and love. See every coin has two sides and we should be ready to face any side of it. However,it depends upon individuals how much u can trust n hw much deep ur into the relationship. Anyways as u said be into the relationship but be careful as well. Prevention is always better than cure. I'snt it??????????
samir_soni thumbnail
Then there's meπŸ˜‰ ... a few years ago I really really liked a guy on the net, he spoke so poetically, was so witty and charming that when he asked me to meet him I agreed... guess what.. he turned out to be the most ugly, paunchy, balding UNCLE u cud ever imagine.. he was wearing a fluorescent pink shirt 🀒... and he looked as if he wants to eat me up.. I RAN FOR MY LIFEπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†!!!!!- Similiar thing happenend with me. Well, i did not meet that net guy, but talked with him on the phone. Actually he was my friend's friend and she was falling for him, but the day we saw his picture.............................we were like🀒 ugggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. No way he's a 24 years old. She stopped talking with him from that day. It was very stupid to talk with some person who could be over 30 and pretented to be in mid 20's. Anywayz, we surely learned our lesson.
kripawgr thumbnail
well queenbee that was very good two sides ya said
also dont worry guys ...everythng will be good for all of us
take care

hehehehe......kool topic.....well i just know my friend who met a guy online and they know eachother now since 3 yrs.....i exchanged thier pics.....know all abt eachother's family.....and since 6 months they have been tlking on phone with each-other......and in 2-3 yrs, they are planning to get married.....

So yeh.....i agree with mike abt coin with 2 sides......there r good and bad ppl out there......just have to be careful......and i agree that love is through heart and not through brain.....but on net i think itz better to use ur brain tooooo.......u never know, u might fall for some1 who's gay, stupid, old, cheater, ne1 that u can imagine......so just make sure who the person is be4 fallinf for him/her....

Tishy_Fishy thumbnail

ok lol my turn to answer.

no doubt in my mind!!!! i gratly think it is possible!!!

i my self have had some very emotional times on the computer... times that have really gotten to me( times i will never forget.).. even thow i havent even seen the person.

There were times when i have cryed. laughed. and been angery all because of a person i never met. maybe even been in love

However everyone is entittled to their own oppinion... but i really think it is possible to love someone over the computer.

Edited by Tishy_Fishy - 19 years ago
Selina thumbnail

My mom's friend got married to a guy she met online, and so did another guy my family knows.

mehars thumbnail

SEE IT IS VERY MUCH POSSIBLE BECAUSE I HAVE LOTS OF FRIENDS AND ALSO MY LOVE FROM THE NET.

ANJALI