A Review of Mukti Bandhan

koolsadhu1000 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
After a long time I actually liked a soap ..........Mukti Bandhan . I was fed up of the saas bahu dramas and plots covered and uncovered by EAVESDROPPING at the doors . Mukti Bandhan has a beautiful storyline and a range of fascinating characters .
                                 4 Most Interesting Characters
I M Virani : Undoubtedly , one of the most controversial , grey and fascinating characters . Not totally black , and not unbelievably white . The white characters in soaps always appear unbelievable and god like . I M Virani is hard as nails , tough , ambitious and not without emotions . He merely keeps them well hidden , bas . Others show them .

He loves his parents deeply . He brings up his brother's children as his own and does not differentiate . He despises poverty .......not really poor people . He is indifferent to them as no one gave HIM any special treatment when HE was poor . If he came up due to his struggle and efforts  , so can they is his unsympathetic approach .He does NOT believe unduly in principles and values coz  he believes in being practical and living life . He has seen far too much of life to know that principles can be dropped in a jiffy when hunger strikes the stomach or sickness invades the body . A very very REAL Character , he is fascinating . Most of HIS dialogues make sense ........they strike a chord . When he describes how he stood and watched the JHOOLA in the village fair going up and down simply coz his principled father had no money to even afford that much , it touches the viewers . Or how he saw his mother's eyes redden by blowing the chulha day and night as they cud not afford a stove or gas range .................it touches again .

He is NOT a bad man . And contrary to what message is being given in the serial .........His goal of becoming a succesful businessman and minting money is a refreshing one as against the laidback unambitious values propogated in many serials today ........that being POOR is something GOOD . It isn't . There is nothing wrong in being rich and if the principles in ur life fetch u nothing , they need to be reconsidered and given a good hard look . Everyone lives off I M Virani but all lecture him . I find that unfair at times .

There is a dialogue in this serial by IMV's father . Any LALCHI person can become rich but to have SIDHANTS and VALUES , One needs courage .

I found that dialogue very unfair and unobjective. Its NOT easy to make money .........definetely not the amount that IMV amassed . THAT is a considerable feat and it Should be given due value . Not ANY lalchi person can make money ......or else ALL the Toms Dicks and Harries of this world wud be rich . Also , Money is not necessarily the goal of "GREEDY" people . A dialogue shud have been put in this serial to counterbalance this one ..........That only those who can never really be anything in life take refuge in tomtomming SIDHANTS and VALUES . They r the hallmarks of laidback unambitious people with limited visions perhaps ? Is this true ?

It Isn't . Sidhants have their own place but demeaning those who make money their goal is not right either .

Most of the charities run in the country r due to the money supplied by industrialists only . Government hardly gives anything . To be charitable , to run ashrams and orphanages or oldhomes , u need money . Lecturing the money maker is easy but it is not really being grateful is it ? We see Sabina doing charity work in her freetime but she comes and goes in AC cars and earns solid money , doesn't she ? She isn't exactly LIVING with them  ! A lot of IM Virani's money goes in funding charities too .........his Wife Charulata does not earn it herself . In this sense Sabina and IMV r one . I really wud not appreciate Sabina looking down upon IMV in the future very righteously .

Rupal :  She showed the guts to think differently and go to her Mota Kaka so 'She could learn to make money'  . Her family looks shocked and her father does not talk to her . Why ? Why shud Rupal have the same limited goals as her father and her sister ? Of either doing a government job or becoming a muncipal school teacher ? They may think those goals r great ......she doesn't . She wants to be an enterpreneur . Is that so wrong ? If Baa cud leave her elder son and choose whom to live with , why cannot Rupal do her choices ? Why is Manhar so shocked and angry ? And why does Charulata lecture her ? She is ambitious ......wants to come up , and her uncle is ready to give her a hand ! Thats wonderful and she wud be crazy NOT to take an opportunity like this . Why force a thought process that she doesn't believe down her throat ?
I hope they develop the character of Rupal . I hope IMV gives her the education project he intended to give Sonal and that she becomes hugely succesful . I also hope she is of great use to IMV in giving takkar to Devki in the future battles .😃

Vaibhav :  This character has potential as he was shown to be ambitious in the beginning . But Alas .........what do we see now ? One encounter with a female and he has become wax in her hands and is going against his father and not really being sharp and businesslike . Was that all that was to Vaibhav Virani ? Then whats so special about him ? Coz this reduces him to a COMMON young man ........Ladki mili aur badal gaya . The special quality is NOT CHANGING come what may ......staying TRUE TO UR OWN SELF . Its very good that he showed a soft side and helped the poor . But I wud not want Vaibhav Virani to change totally AT ALL .  I wud love to see him becoming a success and making his father proud .

Btw I think Devki wud suit Vaibhav . Sabina looks too old for him and can be used as a grey character if their affair breaks .😃😃😃

Devki : She is going to be the adversary of IMV and the soap will be based on her battles with IMV . She will be the POSITIVE version of IMV . But I would suggest to creatives NOT to make the same mistake PRATIGYA serial people did . In that serial , Pratigya wins ALL battles and Sajjan Singh Loses every time . That took away the flavour of that serial as it made the serial predictable . Please show us that Devki wins ......but NOT ALL THE TIME . Show IMV winning too . Keep the serial unpredicatable . After all , defeating EXPERIENCE is not easy neither is it REALISTIC . No London Business School can defeat EXPERIENCE . Thats extremely UNREAL . Dhirubhai Ambani attended No business school .........but he was the sharpest businessman that ever lived . Young Devki cud be shown LEARNING a few things as well . Please Please don't make the serial too unbelievable .

Good Characters and Finer points

Always in a serial  The good characters r the most BORING characters . But surprisingly in this serial .........it isn't so . The Good Characters actually have their own point of view . Its a different SOCH they propogate . The Good Gang in this serial are .........

Motilal Master , his Wife Baa , Charulata , Manhar and Jyotsna , and Sonal . They are unattached to money genuinely . The relationship between  Motilal Master and his wife is beautiful and of a high spiritual level . He is humorous , sharp , reads minds like a book and analyses accurately . The one and only time I found him rather wrong was when he phoned and called Devki in the garden to CONGRATULATE her on  defeating his son and encouraged her to BREAK HIS GUROOR . I found that too much and NOT befitting his noble character . Devki was a stranger and his own son loved him deeply . Why purposefully congratulate ur son's enemies ? R u ur son's DUSHMAN ? If u don't like his ideology , dont live with him then . But dont go around congratulating his enemies and be gleeful about it . I winced as a viewer at that . Also I wud like to point out something here .........IM Virani is constantly criticized of saying I , IM VIRANI .......well I see his father too Constantly tomtomming HIS  name and MAANGROL . Baa Keeps saying MOTILAL MASTER ki Patni this and that . This needs to be pointed out to the GOOD PARTY ........that just the way U guys r proud of UR NAME and UR village , So am I proud of MY name and the empire I built ! Its the SAME thing ........PRIDE is SUBJECTIVE .

Sidhharth Virani is supposed to be the good guy but I wd like CVS to resurrect him . He wallows in self pity and treats his wife shabbily ..........her fate is worse than Charulata. He does not attempt to know her or respect her , he is mediocre at business and marraige BOTH . I feel for poor Rajvi .........she is a good girl but gets disinterest from her husband and blocks her sadness by shopping in malls .

Would love to see Sidhharth making a success of a business venture in which ART is involved . Maybe someone cud show him the way ? I wud love to see IMV starting one of his ventures with Siddharths name seeing his success . I wud also love to see him growing to LOVE Rajvi . Love marraiges do not gurarantee the most PERFECT partners at all .........Arranged marraiges can be pretty succesful too . Infact if one notes , IMV's choices r pretty good ........Rajvi is a good young woman besides being rich , and so is Devki the perfect match for his son Vaibhav . He chooses women that will benefit BOTH ........the personal life and also the business , and thats SMART .

I think that Journalist Dude .......Viraj , may trick NIRALI and marry her to spite IMV . He is bad news . What he is doing is NOT clean journalism ..........its yellow journalism if he is carrying on a personal campaign . I hope IMV stops the marraige and a nice guy enters for Nirali .

I give CVS a 👍🏼 for this serial and request them NOT to spoil it by ever going to extremes . Never make IMV so bad that he cannot be resurrected and never make Devki fly so high that she will start annoying . Be REAL ..........thats the KEYWORD .

Edited by koolsadhu1000 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Alpha_Aakash thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
GOOD ONE best show ever seen on TV thank u COLORS
trendzy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hey nice one nI too want to see vaiki together it will really add a unique flavour to the serial......................
koham thumbnail
Great commentary by the topic starter.... especially the analysis on IM VIrani.  I agree 100%.   He is not a complete villein; he does have a point at times.  He is ruthless, but he is also very practical and being a self made man he is also not going to be a pushover by anybody.  Yes, he is wrong some time, but not all the time.  I hope the soap maintains its real life shades and not go a complete "good or bad, but not in-between"  way.
Shipra_S thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
well i don't watch this show...but my parents do n they like it very much.
khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I too don't watch soaps as such...but dis serial has definatley caught my attention...in fact hv started watching d serial a couple of weeks back nd am just started watching d serial frm d 1st episode...so I could be a little hasty in voicing my POV, but although dey hv shown IMV's character very practical nd real, it is more on d grey side nd Ithink dat will soon be clear.

Yes making money is no sin as most of d serials make it out 2 b, but IMV is shown 2 hold on 2 grudges nd dat makes him take decisions like his decision 2 marry Devki wid Vaibhav. If it was purely on biz front den it wuld hv been undestood, but he wants it so dat he can settle scores so dat mkaes his character grey!

BTW a superb serial wid well etched out characters... d only fear is dat d story doesn't take a completely different turn nd end up like d usual fares offered on TV.😉

Edited by sssshhh - 13 years ago
sonamd thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
i wld still like vaibhav 2 go with sabeena...love them!
kaushik1990 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
a great review brother...
I'm a big fan of this serial nd specially of IMV nd havent missed even a single episode of it
I just want to say that each and every person does what 'he/she' thinks is right
but thn also some become Ram and some become Raavan for the world...
no one is 100% coorect and right, evryone has a goal its just that its good for some and bad for some
Really liked ur analysis...gr8 work 👏
kaushik1990 thumbnail
nd also ye so called achhe log so caleed bure logon ko badalne me lge rehte h
unhe feel krwate h ki tum galat ho jb ki koi b so called bura insaan so called achhe insaan ko badalne ki koshish nhi krta balki use hrane ki koshish krta h
aur achhe log ye smjh jate h ki wo bure logon ko hra to payenge nhi so unhe quit krne pr majboor krdo...
are bhai apna kaam kro aur doosre ko apna krne do
tumhara bhagwaan end me justice to krega hi na...  
koolsadhu1000 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
😊
Originally posted by: kaushik1990

a great review brother...

I'm a big fan of this serial nd specially of IMV nd havent missed even a single episode of it
I just want to say that each and every person does what 'he/she' thinks is right
but thn also some become Ram and some become Raavan for the world...
no one is 100% coorect and right, evryone has a goal its just that its good for some and bad for some
Really liked ur analysis...gr8 work 👏

Thanks kaushik ...omg this is such an old post ...u actually read it and found it ! 😊