Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: nureat01

But it's a regional thing.....Urdu/Hindi/Punjabi have common influences in the northern regions of the country......I don't think Marathi ppl use words like "banda".....maybe a marathi person in the forum can clarify this.....and Nakku has never used that word in the show before from what I can recallπŸ˜•

Don't know Yup maybe someone can enlighten us on this  
droopy_asleep thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Fizzylicious-

Don't know Yup maybe someone can enlighten us on this  

I do speak Marathi...I can defn say that banda is not a Marathi word per say, but more a Hindi influence. Mumbai, although is the capital of Maha..is more cosmo in that respect, so banda is used very frequently in the colloquial language used there, so maybe thats where the dialogue came from.
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: droopy_asleep

I do speak Marathi...I can defn say that banda is not a Marathi word per say, but more a Hindi influence. Mumbai, although is the capital of Maha..is more cosmo in that respect, so banda is used very frequently in the colloquial language used there, so maybe thats where the dialogue came from.

Ahhh I see.....makes sense that Mumbai would be a melting pot of various colloquial terms in a sense....but for the show, it's a bit odd to hear Nakku say this cuz she's NEVER said this before....when she's met FAR more GANDE bande than this RangaπŸ˜†
droopy_asleep thumbnail

Ahhh I see.....makes sense that Mumbai would be a melting pot of various colloquial terms in a sense....but for the show, it's a bit odd to hear Nakku say this cuz she's NEVER said this before....when she's met FAR more GANDE bande than this RangaπŸ˜†

Yah, that was defn a slip of the Punjabi Kudi tongue right there :)
naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: droopy_asleep

Thank You for explaining it dear 
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Nakku didn't have any smaller a bartan to put the halwa in, kya? πŸ˜†

When he says the halwa wasn't pheeka at all, her eyes drip love (:

The hand on the knee 😊

Did someone say MV's eyes don't have that spark? 

And that naughtiness? (:

Edited by make-believe - 13 years ago
droopy_asleep thumbnail
Booooootifuuuullll Fatty! This was a nice romantic scene after a while with those dadi amma type scenes. This one did have the physical aspect too, since it was not a spoon feeding session, but a hand feeding session...so very apt for them and yes, they both were perfect in their chemistry for each other. MV is looking very very pretty indeed, I hope Dutta gets his eyes soon, so he can appreciate that aspect of hers too :)
Pyari_Zahra thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

I went over the vid I have quite a few times, and I swear she says 'ganda aadmi' not banda πŸ€”πŸ˜† 

@ make-believe: Eeeeh, those caps 😍 So warming to see Dutta smiling wholeheartedly! x
Edited by Pyari_Zahra - 13 years ago
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: neets_ltl

🀣 I've laughed a lot today courtesy LTL and this forum Fatty! Hmmmm...I think I should just stop with Seema...i think I'll just zip my mouth from now on...we all know what she's on about! Khama kha apna dimakh main kyun ladaoon? πŸ˜† When Naku said that line *shakes head* I was thinking good lord, what a poor dialogue....I mean she sticks up for Dutta but says Ranga is a 'ganda banda.' What? That is REALLY going to persuade them na.....dearie me....

Guess it goes to show that Nakku clearly isn't one cut out for persuasive writing classes πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: Pyari_Zahra

I went over the vid I have quite a few times, and I swear she says 'ganda aadmi' not banda πŸ€”πŸ˜†

Uh-oh, it was mine and Neets' punjabi-ness that was coming out then, not MV's πŸ˜† My bad :P
-sourire- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Is banda even a marathi word?? I thought that was a PUNJABI word.....Is Nakku magically speaking Punjabi slang now?πŸ˜•πŸ˜†......MV needs to control her punjabi kudi selfπŸ˜†

@ bold - πŸ€£ 

So...I am not sure if the origin of the word Banda is punjabi or not but it is def. used in the Punjabi language a lot and has different meanings in different contexts...two quick examples that I can think of right now......firstly in everyday language especially in the Pinds in Punjab ppl say "Banda ban ja" [in the punjabi pind accent πŸ˜† πŸ˜† ] where banda is being referred to as a good human being.....another example from Sikh history....one of the Sikh martyr's name was Banda Singh Bahadur [ his original name was Lachman Dev ]..... where the name Banda was given to him by the 10th Sikh Guru when he asked him who he was...he replied "Guru's Banda" meaning Guru's servant....so here it's being referred to as a servant who is there to serve the bigger purpose....not the naukar wala servant though....
Edited by LuvPremeer4ever - 13 years ago