Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

karti

karti

Posted: 07 March 2011 at 3:29am | IP Logged
My 13 year old nephew doesn't like to read books. Can you suggest me some books that will get him in the habit of reading.
I got him HP book but since he has watched the movies he was not much interested in reading through them more so  because of their huge size.
Sometime he picks a book that I am reading but most often won't finish them.
Is it the same with all boys since very rare I found them talking about books and all whereas my niece is always glued to one book or other.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "help me with some books for teenage reading" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

aishwaryagayen

IF-Rockerz

aishwaryagayen

Posted: 07 March 2011 at 7:23am | IP Logged
ok books for boys i kind of typical to suggest i mean i never got an idea what will they luv to read might be some erotica but he is a kid so dont thnk abt tht then mm i think u shd give him some comics to go for or u can suggest him who moved my cheese its a good humourous read with characters but a philosophy hidden there
i really dont know what to sugest for 13 yr old boy well u cn give him some slight romance like love story of erich saegal but yeah boys arnt sophisticated

well give him a translated version of the three musketeers i hope he will enjoy tht but a translated short version okkk

-KimSungHyun-

IF-Sizzlerz

-KimSungHyun-

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 6:42am | IP Logged
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm mayb meg cabot books mayb

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 6:58am | IP Logged
Get him Hardy Boys or something. Adventurous ones, boys are usually less mature than girls at 13, am 14 and I totally know that. So maybe, beginning with adventure and all of the thrilling issues would be a nice idea.

Hope it helps. Smile

Wrackspurt

IF-Stunnerz

Wrackspurt

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 8:48am | IP Logged
Aflred Hitchcock , Hardy Boys, umm u can give him comic books too like Archies, and Asterix, Tintin ......he might also like classic books like Tom Sawyer, Moby Dick, Charles Dickens.

Edited by mysticwater24 - 10 March 2011 at 9:56am

karti

karti

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 12:31am | IP Logged
Thanks for your help
Will try with some Hardy Boys books.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

epiphany.Wrackspurt

diya_1987

diya_1987

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 10:05am | IP Logged
Thats right you should definitely try Hardy Boy for him....my brother is also 13 and loves them

whatsername

Goldie

whatsername

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 11:02am | IP Logged
Why dont you try Horrible Science/Horrible History series.

Its not story books but its very fun and informative. Will be speically appealing to him if he likes science or history or geography even.

If you are looking for novels, here's a few that hv proved to be a hit with my lil brother who is also thirdteen

1) Curious Incident of a dog at the nite time
> good for both adults and young.. absolutely briliant this book. Unputdownable.

2) The boy in striped pajamas
> Again, absolutely brilliant

3) Diary of A wimpy kid (series)
>your nephew will prbly like this one  too .cz its  funny, and its about a young boy so he mite relate to that

4) Billinaire boy
- sweet story .. very readable and boyish

5) Diary of a young girl
- if your nephew is abit matured I think he would enjoy Anne frank's dairy of a young girl. 

6) Alchemist  
- some of my 13/14 yr old cousins have absolutely loved this book... quite inspirational.

Thats all i can think for now. Hope it helps.  

Edited by whatsername - 23 March 2011 at 11:03am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top