Laagi Tujhse Lagan

DOTW-Dutta: Who is Kala Tai? (Page 3)

MrsKhan IF-Addictz
MrsKhan
MrsKhan

Posted: 08 March 2011 at 3:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ankur_1305

Originally posted by ZubyDutta

So may be its only respect D felt for Kala due to the age difference & had no idea about her thirst for his blood.

Unfortunately, it has been ingrained in our brains right from the word go that a dreaded gangster like Dutta with a vast underworld empire, full of scheming right and left hands/rivals is actually a poor judge of people and their intentions, with a single digit IQ and -ve EQ.

These people have their ears always to the ground, else they can not survive, let alone flourish in the mean world of theirs.

It is hard to comprehend that all these years, living under the same roof, Dutta was naive enough not to have a true measure of Kala's intentions and never understood the palace intrigue.

In the same way, if we digress a little, it is hard to accept that the local dons/smugglers who had gathered at PN had no idea about Kala's hand in trying to kill Dutta  when she went with an army of over 100 BGs, Suds and Chaskar with his scores of fattoos.  These BGs/fattoos/eye witness/local press and public can not be assumed to be sworn to secrecy when violence and murder of so many BGs happened on that day.

The news would have spread like wild fire and it will be all over in local news papers and channels : a step sister trying to kill her own gangsta brother, the infamous Dutta Sriram Patil.  So many BGs were killed by Dutta and Kala herself killed a BG right in front of so many people, including the locals. The blood bath of this proportion is of no news value then what is?

Also, even in case of a not-so-spectacular violence incident too,  the underworld (dons and smugglers) have their ears always to the ground and they get info through their network faster than police or any news channel can get.
We still had to go through the charade of watching these dons totally clueless about Kala's role in trying to eliminate Dutta and poor Baaji gallantly trying indirectly to let them know about Kala's role.

The only consistent part was that like Dutta, his local dons/smugglers owing their allegiance to him too are shown as of low intellect, running their business solely on the basis of trust and relationship.

Yesterday's episode was solely aimed at giving Baji some importance. Thats why I am ready to let go of logic. And I am glad atleast we didnt get to see ten dons agreeing to a newbie becoming their leader.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Nimmi.sasha_1ivy_11-Carrie-

-Carrie- IF-Rockerz
-Carrie-
-Carrie-

Posted: 08 March 2011 at 3:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ankur_1305

Originally posted by ZubyDutta

So may be its only respect D felt for Kala due to the age difference & had no idea about her thirst for his blood.

Unfortunately, it has been ingrained in our brains right from the word go that a dreaded gangster like Dutta with a vast underworld empire, full of scheming right and left hands/rivals is actually a poor judge of people and their intentions, with a single digit IQ and -ve EQ.

These people have their ears always to the ground, else they can not survive, let alone flourish in the mean world of theirs.

It is hard to comprehend that all these years, living under the same roof, Dutta was naive enough not to have a true measure of Kala's intentions and never understood the palace intrigue.

In the same way, if we digress a little, it is hard to accept that the local dons/smugglers who had gathered at PN had no idea about Kala's hand in trying to kill Dutta  when she went with an army of over 100 BGs, Suds and Chaskar with his scores of fattoos.  These BGs/fattoos/eye witness/local press and public can not be assumed to be sworn to secrecy when violence and murder of so many BGs happened on that day.

The news would have spread like wild fire and it will be all over in local news papers and channels : a step sister trying to kill her own gangsta brother, the infamous Dutta Sriram Patil.  So many BGs were killed by Dutta and Kala herself killed a BG right in front of so many people, including the locals. The blood bath of this proportion is of no news value then what is?

Also, even in case of a not-so-spectacular violence incident too,  the underworld (dons and smugglers) have their ears always to the ground and they get info through their network faster than police or any news channel can get.
We still had to go through the charade of watching these dons totally clueless about Kala's role in trying to eliminate Dutta and poor Baaji gallantly trying indirectly to let them know about Kala's role.

The only consistent part was that like Dutta, his local dons/smugglers owing their allegiance to him too are shown as of low intellect, running their business solely on the basis of trust and relationship.

Agree! This aspect of this show has always been a thorn in my heart since the day they showed D drag Nakusha to the mandap to marry her forcibly.The man I know & love so much will never humiliate his housemaid who saved his life this way based on something said by a complete stranger. Even if it was reasonable to believe since he had known her for a very short time he would have slapped her & thrown the whole family out on the streets.That would have been his maximum punishment.I still am not able to reconcile him forcibly marrying a girl to punish her. He is a protector first & foremost. Her pitiful tears would have surely moved him.I felt he never thought of Nakku the maid as a woman at all for him to marry her to punish.He always treated her as a kid, as someone who was under his protection.But then the love story had to be kick started so such cinematic liberties have to be taken I guess. So now Kala had to be portrayed as building up an arena to destroy D for nearly 26 years right under his nose without him having an iota of inkling of what's happening. There are countless such scenarios in this show the latest being what you mentioned above. When the gang was asking Kahaan hain Bhao? I was like "They don't know? Kala went blazing in with dozens of armed goons & there was blood shed in a holy place where a famous Jatra was underway & these guys & the Patilwadi population don't know?Shocked But this was the CVs way to making the associates show Kala her place. It was necessary for Baji to put Suds where he belongs. So Shreya is right.Sometimes must lock away Logic Baba to enjoy TV soapsLOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Ankur_1305sasha_1ivy_11MrsKhan

ivy_11 IF-Rockerz
ivy_11
ivy_11

Posted: 08 March 2011 at 7:11am | IP Logged
Nice topic and also interesting POV's.

" Do you think somewhere deep down he realized their hostility towards them?"

Children act mostly on instincts than reasoning and Dutta may have felt Kala's hostility towards him as a child. As Dutta grew up, instinct gave way social conditioning and reasoning. He was expected to respect the elder sister and that he did. Kala also played the role of the concerned TAI to the hilt.

Kala tells AS/Naku/ ? (don't remember who exactly) how  she  would take Dutta far away from home and leave him crying alone in the dark and  how she would leave no opportunity to torment Dutta even as a child. At the subconscious level  the trauma could still be buried deep and this could be another reason for his being an introvert and a loner--- of course  going to work at such a tender age, bearing the burden of the family ,lost childhood, Jilted in love and the nature of his work made him keep to himself.

Dutta may be a ruthless Don in his dhanda but has loads of integrity and fairness. He is the personification of duty and responsibility where his family is concerned. So it is difficult for Dutta to accept that his tai could fall to such depths and try to kill him.

Edited by ivy_11 - 08 March 2011 at 7:36am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Ankur_1305-Carrie-MrsKhan

MrsKhan IF-Addictz
MrsKhan
MrsKhan

Posted: 08 March 2011 at 9:33am | IP Logged
@Ivy: Thanks for ur response. It was Kala who spoke to Dutta's drawing on the mirror who said all that. This year they have delved a lot into Kala psychology while ignoring Dutta's. I hope we get an insight to Dutta's thoughts too on the same incidents since childhood.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Ankur_1305ivy_11

prncz IF-Rockerz
prncz
prncz

Posted: 08 March 2011 at 9:19pm | IP Logged
I feell dutta ..matured when he was 1st hit by seema's betrayal ,entereed the world of dundagiri ,,he was obbsssed and life was ruled by work/kaamm/a passion that helpd him drown his personal sorrows

,,, but he had been taught the concept of family by his AS ,, those values are ingrained in his mind from his childhood......so for him family was foremost ,,so even during dhanda time he kept his famly away from his work......

he proctected them ,,,if u remeber anytime there was khatra for his family he would ask baaji to stay back or make arrangement have cameras fixed etc for his FAmily ...so he nver looked as AS . kala or his sis in any other way but family ...he even dnt know he was not the true son of AS.....till now

kala has been thnking of revenge frm along time ,but i dnt thnk she shown any indication in the younger years when they were in a smal house ,, all this has ddeveleoped  once dutta started earnigng money and all sis realised they are now enjying the benefits and do not want an outsider to take away the shanu shaukat ......kala had the revvenge burng up since a long time ,,started involving her sis later in life ,,by greed for power and money and gradually  taking both money pwer and badla for her father /////

..now she has reached as stage whr only powr ,mney and revenge are the sole pourpose, her kid/ husband family ,,haev no meaning ,,

soryr for boringu all .my POV
cheers , raj
dutta isshocked but is not finging it difficult to acc[pte as at the abck of his mind kala's behavioour with nakku / and others recently was questionable and he had ignored as she was family and he always stood by family even if he felt they were wrong ..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Ankur_1305MrsKhan

-Madzy- IF-Rockerz
-Madzy-
-Madzy-

Posted: 09 March 2011 at 6:02am | IP Logged
ati hoo soon ! LOLfirst i need to take nap just came back from bros house after 4 hours drivingSleepy
Rose_Petal IF-Dazzler
Rose_Petal
Rose_Petal

Posted: 09 March 2011 at 2:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kshreya2002

My questions are:
1) What did Dutta think of Kala before he got to know that she had plotted to kill him? Dutta always seemed a bit stand-offish from his sisters esp Kala preferring his own company to theirs right from the start. Do you think somewhere deep down he realized their hostility towards them?

2) Do you think that catching Kala red handed bad mouthing Naku had already soured his relationship with her and hence the latest revelation wasnt as big a blow as it should have been?
Every time Dutta kept quiet while Kala insulted Nakusha or him(abt his father) do you think he did not understand her veiled insults or he chose to ignore them and keep quiet? If he chose to keep quiet why do you think he did so?

3) Do you think Dutta brought Kala back to PN out of guilt and hence wasnt surprised by her hatred for him in the latest revealation?

1) I think Dutta always loved and respected Kala.....he did what any loving brother would do for his sister. He spend time with all his sisters when he could and looked out for their well being. Dutta is a very private person though, so I think that is what made him keep to himself more often and not share his inner most feelings with them or accept their company when he was upset. Not many brothers would go crying to their sisters, anyway...and Dutta is Dutta! I doubt he ever admitted to himself that his sisters were hostile to him, but I feel that the torture (the mental games played on him during their childhood) imposed on him by Kala is somewhere in the back of his mind...but it's all suppressed by him. He was so hell bent on being a good brother and having them love him back that his mind automatically ignored any of the wrong he noticed his sisters did......until Naku came into his life and his love for her eventually made him speak up on her behalf. 

(Edited)

2) I don't feel this was the reason his head didn't blow off at Kala's revelation. He never seemed to suspect her enough to think she would want to hurt him in such a way. When she insulted Naku it was rarely in front of him or veiled by her clever use of words.....which a straightforward guy like Dutta just never seemed to get. As for the times she insulted his damodar, I think he was so hurt and insulted by the thought of his dad that Dutta didn't even think "what if she meant to be insulting by her remarks." I think Dutta couldn't react in his normal go-berserk way because of the situation he was in: blind, unarmed, without Baaji, and so happy to be with Naku after so long that all he wanted to do was get her safely away from there instead of breaking some necks. All that and the fact that there was no booze around for him to drink and get drunk because he was betrayed. 

3) Guilt? A little maybe....because he felt everyone was enjoying preparing for his wedding when the sister who always looked out for him (Wacko) was missing out on it. I just thought he mostly wanted to give her a chance and share his happy moment with her. He wanted his family by his side and that includes her. A sister missing on his wedding day would put a bit of a damper on the festivities for him, Naku, AS, and so on. He just wanted everything to go right. Poor Dutta.

Edited by Rose_Petal - 11 March 2011 at 6:40pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MrsKhan

Hamlet53 IF-Stunnerz
Hamlet53
Hamlet53

Posted: 09 March 2011 at 2:59pm | IP Logged

THIS again is a trail run to see if things work on the forum  i like this text i have copied from  my micro soft word.

Go to top