F.I.R

India-Forums

TOI: Telly gangs cricket plans - Kavita

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

Posted: 06 March 2011 at 7:59pm | IP Logged

Telly gangs cricket plans... 

While the country is totally gripped by the World Cup fever,cricket aficianados from our telly industry tell Lisa Antao how they make time to watch their favourite sport 

The telly industry is notorious for its long working hours and erratic shooting schedules.Some actors and actresses end up shooting,inspite of them falling ill or even after meeting with minor accidents.So,in a country where cricket is a religion and cricketers are revered like demi-Gods,how do actors manage to watch the biggest spectacle of the cricketing world i.e.the Cricket World Cup This year the event is special not only because India is hosting it but this perhaps,going to be Indias greatest cricket legend,Sachin Tendulkars last World Cup.
Nishant Malkani gives technological advancement its due credit.He says,When my shoot is over,I watch matches while Im in the gym.Also,when Im shooting,Im constantly checking scores on my mobile phone.Technology has been a real boon for us cricket lovers.I record cricket matches on my DTH TV system at home and watch them when I get back home.I have told my production unit that Ill be taking an off to watch the finals match. 
Meanwhile,besides watching Indias matches,Sailesh Gulabani makes it a point to watch matches of his other favourite teams like West Indies,Australia and England,and is gearing up for the finals.He says that his wife and he are planning to watch the finals at Wankhede,irrespective of whether Team India makes it to the finals or not.He says,This is a once-ina-lifetime opportunity.I dont know when India will host the World Cup in the future again.Im keeping my fingers crossed for getting hold of the tickets. An ardent cricket fan and a member of the telly worlds own cricket team,Boxy Boys,Jay Bhanushali says hes trying his best to fetch tickets for the finals.I absolutely love cricket so much that I can even leave my shoot to watch matches.I watch as many matches as I can in my vanity van while Im shooting.But what Im really looking forward to,is to watch the finals. 
Manav Gohil prefers watching the matches at home.Its even more fun to watch matches along with friends as theres total masti.I prefer watching matches in the comfort of my own home,as one can catch immediate replays of the highlights. 
He doesnt manage to watch all the matches,but Kinshuk Mahajan is glued to Indias matches because of Sachin.Unfortunately due to my hectic schedule,Im unable to watch most matches.But I make it a point to watch Indias matches anyhow,especially for Sachin.Im really hoping that not only Team India reaches the finals but also wins the World Cup.I have asked my production unit to grant me a day off on the day of the final match. Iqbal Khan who has played a lot of cricket during his younger days has gradually lost interest in the game.He talks about the atmosphere on the sets that compels him to watch matches.He says,Because of my hectic schedule,I dont get the time to watch the matches nor do I make time for it.However,whenever India is playing,the atmosphere on the sets is completely charged.Theres excitement,suspense and tension all at the same time.And the Irish teams performance has piqued my interest to watch their matches. 
A complete sports lover,Nikkhil Arya is one lucky guy as he has already got himself tickets for the finals.However,he will go to watch the finals at Wankhede only if Team India makes it.If India does not make it to the finals,I plan to arrange a cosy gettogether for my friends at my place,where we will watch the match together and have a blast. 
In this World Cup fever,women are not far behind.Im not a hardcore cricket fan but I like to watch when India is playing.On the sets,Im the only girl amongst all the boys participating in the cricket frenzy.Also,Im a big fan of Sachin and I really hope India wins this World Cup because Sachin truly deserves it, says Kavita Kaushik.Kritika Kamras patriotic feelings get the best of her.Im definitely excited about Indias performance because somehow my patriotic feelings come to the fore during the World Cup.In between shots,I keep a track of Indias scores by asking people on the sets and during breaks,I rush to the makeup room to watch the match.

Iqbal Khan 

Jay Bhanushali 

Kinshuk Mahajan 

Manav Gohil 

Kavita Kaushik 

Kritika Kamra 

Nikkhil Arya 

Nishant Malkani 

Sailesh Gulabani 

[Previous] Bombay Times [Next]

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top