Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

AR FF-Ten Ways to Get Him Back-Ch1 to Ch9 (Page 75)

LaPlumeDOr Senior Member
LaPlumeDOr
LaPlumeDOr

Posted: 24 February 2012 at 12:26am | IP Logged
HIII everyone!! I am literaly waving a white flag because I know how everyone is ready to throw rotten tomatoes for disapearance. I know, I havn't updated since I don't even remember the dates, but I am hoping to bribe a truce by updating two parts today lol!WinkBig smile
The reasone for my sudden disappearence.. I have been abducted by ALIENS, and only came back yesterdayBig smile Okay, on a more serious note, Lord Education forbid me to write anything. It enslaved me for months, and I finally have a few moment of freedom.
We all know how school can get, it killed my social life! So I am truly, extremely sorry for vanishing without notes. And I can't guarantee when I will update next, but hopfully it won't be in five months.

Thank you all of you for your lovely comments and words of encouragemnts. I woulld have never thought that I would end up writing soo much in my life! This is all thats to you all. SO BIG MAMA BEAR HUG from me!!HugHugHug

Coming to the parts, Hope you all enjoy it alot. Minor change, chapter seven with the last preview is now chapter 8, changed my storyline abit.. and since I have songs in these two parts, enjoys the following songs:

Ricky Martin: Livin la Vie da Loca

Mohambi: Bumpy ride

LifeHouse: First time

Backstreet Boys: Can't stop thinking about you

Love you all!
-XOXO-Alisha K.

PS: pretend in Part 7 that the song was written by armaan spntaneously...no talent in poetry or song writing lol Without further due here are the parts!!

Edited by ksgforlife07 - 25 February 2012 at 9:20am

The following 26 member(s) liked the above post:

harini19Ar_AsyafanRapunzzelRhea.KaJenjannat4everfanARKaranSGRulesAmoon.88Haniyaacutiepreetaddicted2ksgmoonlight2630vidu87KaJen_addictionfri42911ClumsyIntrovertbaryARKJ_4EVER-tehreem-Euphoria.DulceTentacion.cant.be.assed.anumeha_rajatEthereal-Pathaftermath..sjain

LaPlumeDOr Senior Member
LaPlumeDOr
LaPlumeDOr

Posted: 24 February 2012 at 12:27am | IP Logged

~ Chapter Six: The Opposite of Love ~

When his lips touched hers after seven long years, Riddhima felt jolt of electric current through her spine. How she had missed them. Her heart burst into colourful fireworks. She could practically heart its thudding beat. She could sense her breath becoming uneven. She didn't know what to do; she wanted to kiss him back, snake her arms to his neck, entwine her fingers in his smooth black hair, but the shock kept her from doing so. Instead, she stood there, like a statue as Armaan did what he did best. However, despite the overwhelming sensation, this wasn't the kiss she wanted. She wanted him to kiss her with passion and fervour. Now, he was just playing. No love, passion or desire. Just a plain old simple playful kiss.

Armaan slowly pulled away and smiled. "Yum, cotton candy." He licked his lips "I paid a ticket. Wouldn't want my ticket to go to waste now would I? Have a good day Riddhima." He saluted her before walking away from there. Riddhima just stared at his retreating back as she tried to decipher the last few minutes. Even if their kiss had barely any emotions in it, she had goose bumps. She could still feel his warmth, his smell and his breath all around her.

But him, he seemed so indifferent. This was definitely not a Notebook scene. Did she really have no effect on him? Did he really not feel a thing after what had just happened? How could he not remember anything? How can he not feel a god damn thing? This was really unfair. This wasn't how she planned their reunion kiss at all.

Frustrated, by the incident, she ran after the man who, in the first place, caused this emotional turmoil. He was heading towards the men's washroom. That was not a very good sign either. What was he going to do in there? Vomit? Gargle? Oh, the man was despicable. He probably planned the whole thing out just to annoy her, to destroy her well thought plans, as always. As he disappeared behind the door, she couldn't control the questions that were bouncing back and forth inside her head. Without any further due, she barged in the men's room.

"Ok, emergency in here, everyone out except Armaan." She yelled as she buried her face in her palm, afraid of what she might have to encounter if she were to take a peek. There was an utter silence in the room. Not even a single whisper. "C'mon, guys, out I said." She repeated herself, though this time her voice was more affirmative. Still, no response. She slowly moved a finger and peeked inside the room, and to her surprise, it was completely empty, well almost completely empty. Armaan was leaning against the sink counter, with a huge grin on his face. Great, now the man was laughing at her. She did sort of deserve it; she did just enter the men's loo and screamed at an invisible crowd. She was twenty-four, a successful doctor, and on Halloween, she was in the men's toilettes. There was a lack of logic in that. That's what happens when you act impulsively. He totally had the right to laugh at her right now. Nevertheless, the moment was still highly embarrassing.

"There's no one here, Riddhima. I already knew you couldn't hear anything, but now you clearly can't see." He said, his tone mocking yet amused.

"Ha, ha very funny" she replied sarcastically.

"It actually is" He turned around towards the mirror and started to arrange his hair. They were already perfectly placed, but he knew why Riddhima had followed him. She had one question in mind and she was definitely going to ask it. "So, what's the ruckus for? You don't plane to rape me in here do you? It wouldn't be very appropriate considering you are wearing an angel's costume"

Riddhima didn't even bother answering his last statement. Before this chance slipped away from her hands, he asked him the one question that has been bothering her for the last couple of minutes. "Why did you kiss me?" And there it was, out there in the open for him to answer.

He shrugged his shoulders "I told you, I paid a ticket for a kiss"

"I am sure superstar Armaan Malik could have afforded to lose a couple of dollars of he wanted to. I don't get it! Just yesterday you were still behaving like an arrogant douche, and today, you're acting all weird."

"Why are you complaining Riddhima, it's what you wanted? You got to kiss superstar, Hollywood's heartthrob Armaan Malik, and that too in public. Isn't that what you wanted this whole week?" He said cockily as his turned to face her. "And I'm not acting all weird, I'm acting normal. You're a fan, and what kind of a celebrity would I be if I didn't listen to pleas of my fans?"

Riddhima looked down, hurt by his words. That's all she was to him. Another fan, one who apparently wanted to kiss him for public fame. She gathered the courage to look back up and slowly spoke again "If that's all I am, why didn't you just do it at the game or the ball. Why delay it?"

Armaan was taken aback by her question. He was usually the one who came up with such witty replies, but now he was stuck. She had him cornered and he had to figure out a way out if it, and that too fast. "What do you want from me? You wanted a kiss, I gave to you and now you ask me why I did? You probably wanted me to act nicer as well, and now that I am, you're questioning me? Do you want me to act like an 'arrogant douche' again" He quoted her.

Her gaze dropped slowly down again.

"That's what I thought" He muttered before heading out. As he turned the doorknob, he heard her voice fill the silent room once again.

"Yes" She slowly breathed. "Yes, I'd rather you have you act like a jerk with me than this."

He couldn't believe his ears. She looked dead serious. "Why?"

She folded her arm across her chest and took a few steps toward him, and stopped only when she was a few inches from him and looked up to him. God she missed this proximity, his intoxicating smell, his adorable dimples. Her eyes never left his, her blues eyes boring into his "I'd rather have you hate me than to feel nothing at all for me" she whispered and left before Armaan could register the meaning behind those words. He heard a click as she exited from the room, leaving him all alone.

~ <> ~ <> ~ <> ~ <> ~ <> ~ <> ~ <> ~ <> ~ <> ~ <> ~

Muskaan roamed around the fair trying to get a glimpse of Armaan and Riddhima; she had left them at the kissing booth, but that place was now vacant with no signs of the two. "God, why did the fair have to be this big" She cursed her luck. After endless minutes of useless wandering, she gave up all hopes and went back to assume her place when a small little boy caught her attention. He somehow managed to climb a post.

"You little punk, get down from there before I come up myself."

The boy was obviously not going to listen to her. He put out his tongue and continued to climb the post until he reached its peak. "If you fall, don't come crying. OK!" She left him be. If he wanted to fall and break his leg, that was his problem.

"Muskaan, why are you so grumpy. He is just a little boy." Rahul's voice came from the back.

"Little kid, more like little evil brat" she muttered under her breath.

"Come on, Muskaan. You can't get mad on a little boy on Halloween. He probably saw you and got super scared. It's only normal to try to get as far as possible from your fear. Right kid?" He grinned at her, and looked up at the little boy for an answer.

"Yes, aunty really scares me" He said in the most angelic voice possible.

"Aunty!?" She exclaimed. "Do I look like your aunty? How old do you think I am?"

"C'mon Muskaan let him go." He walked towards the post. "Hey kid. What's your name?" He asked.

"Nick"

"Well, Nick, how about I make you a deal. You let go of the post, and I will catch you when you fall. I've heard it's fun, so why don't you tell me how it is?"

"Rahul, are you out of your mind?" She was shocked by Rahul's proposition. "How are you going to catch him? What if you miss? You'll both get hurt. Nick, why don't you just come down by yourself?"

"I can't! Uncle said he's catch me. It seems fun. I want to jump" He pouted. With that he let go. Muskaan almost shrieked, but before the sound could escape her mouth, the boy was safe and sound in Rahul's arm. He didn't even have to put an extra effort into catching him. She started at him as he patted the little boy's head and gently pushed him towards the others kids.

"Muskaan" Riddhima shouted and brought her back to reality. Thank god for her.

"Ridzy! Where were you? I was looking for you… So... any news?" She jumped up and down, like a teenager who had just been on her first date. She seemed more excited than Riddhima herself.

"Nope…Nothing at all." Riddhima sighed. Well, the kiss wasn't nothing, but it didn't mean anything to him.

"What! He didn't even kiss you… and I worked so hard trying to figure out a way… actually no, I'm lying. It was more of a spontaneous thing." She continued mumbling.

"Actually" Riddhima couldn't bear to see the disappointment in her face. "He did."

"What?" Muskaan shrieked. "And you think that's nothing?"

Rahul stared at both the woman in his lives with a blank expression. He had no clue what they were talking about. "Hang on; I need to know what happened." He cut them midway.

"Smarty-pants! Weren't you listening? Armaan kissed her. Oh my god, I am so happy."

"I'm not" Riddhima looked down. "It didn't mean anything to him. He made it very clear. And it wasn't like this before… I mean… it felt different back then. More genuine I guess…"

"No worries Ridzy!"  Muskaan put her arm around here. "Soon, it'll be! After all, you've got some pretty cool talent standing beside you to help you in every possible way." She added as she straightened her invisible collars. "Ooh look! They are setting up the DJ. Now it's when the fun for us begins." She grabbed both Rahul and Riddhima's hand and pulled them towards the feast of music.

In the middle of the dance floor Armaan and Felicia; she seemed to be enjoying, and the way she clung onto him, twirled around him, grabbed his shoulder and pushed her body onto his made Riddhima's blood boil. She didn't like it one bit. Seeing them making out intensely in Muskaan's kitchen was a thing she did not want to recall, and now this incident just made its way to the same list. Thank god dancing was not Armaan's thing, or the sight would have been more revolting.

"Ugh" Muskaan complained. "The music seriously sucks. If only we had a singer." She caught her brother's attention and motioned him to come see her. Riddhima tried not to look, but she couldn't help but gaze at him strolling perfectly to them. Thank god he let go of that Felicia. "Armaan, the music sucks. Do something."

"Did you seriously call me all the way here just of that!"

"Yeah! You used to sing before. Surprise everyone and save our ears" She pleaded.

Armaan stole a glance at Riddhima and added "Used to sing Muskaan. I've stopped a long time ago." He said before turning away and going back to his girlfriend.

"Great. My eardrums are going to burst of suckiness"

Riddhima had a solution to this problem too. The way she stared at Rahul clearly stating what she wanted him to do. He was an amazing singer, and it was high time he sang again.

"Okay, okay, I am going" He didn't bother saying no. Besides, he liked singing. It was a fun hobby.

"Seriously?" Muskaan sounded surprised as hell " Rahul can sing?"

"You'd be amazed by the things I can do Muskaan" He winked at her and left for the stage. He stole the mike from the person in charge and stopped the music. The crowd was booing at him for stopping the entertainment, but Rahul knew how to charm the public. And he was damn good at it.

"Oh sorry, but were you enjoying that?" He asked, taunting them more. "Well if you taught that was fun, I wonder what you all will call this." He winked at the crowd and spun around, and before they even knew it, the music was back on and Rahul was dancing to its beats.

She's into superstitions black cats and voodoo dolls.
I feel a premonition that girl's gonna make me fall.
She's into new sensations new kicks in the candle light.
She's got a new addiction for every day and night.

His voice echoed through the night and everyone was back on the dance floor, swaying to his beats. He took the mike of the stand and got off the stage and danced his way toward Riddhima, and pulled her to the floor.

She'll make you take your clothes off and go dancing in the rain.
She'll make you live her crazy life but she'll take away your pain
like a bullet to your brain. Come On!

Since, Riddhima wasn't dancing much; he took her hand and twirled her around a few times to get her in the mood. He knew how to convince her. Once she started to grove on her own, he went and pulled Muskaan into the midst of the crowd, and with his eyes, he told her to do something about Riddhima and Armaan. Muskaan had a plan. Didn't she always?

Upside, inside out she's livin la vida loca
She'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Her lips are devil red and her skin's the color mocha
She will wear you out livin la vida loca Come On!
Livin la vida loca, Come on!
She's livin la vida loca.

Muskaan slowly made her way near Felicia, pretending to dance with some fellows here and there. She had to get her away from her beloved brother and the only way was to dance with her herself. The things you have to do for the happiness of your friend and family. She went to her, and grabbed her arm, and started dancing with her as if they were childhood buddies. Ha! As if that would ever happen; not in a lifetime.

Woke up in New York City in a funky cheap hotel
She took my heart and she took my money
she must've slipped me a sleeping pill
She never drinks the water and makes you order French Champagne
Once you've had a taste of her you'll never be the same
Yeah, she'll make you go insane.

Now, it was Rahul's time to come back in the game. He took back Riddhima's hand, and danced around her as he continued to dazzle the public with his sexy voice. He moved his head from a side to another, motioning Riddhima to do the same. Except that when she did, it looked way more sexier; her long glossy hair swaying from one side to the other at the beat of Ricky Martin. And messy hair on a dance floor was sort of hot. This was bound to get her some attention from other guys.

He then proceeded to bring her closer to where Armaan was. Maybe the jealousy factor didn't work last time, today he was going to make it work and make Armaan step in. All you needed was the right ingredients, which in this case was a good song, a bunch of perverted mind men, and the couple in question. Worst case scenario, he would have to step in if Armaan didn't, but he was confident that he would.

She'll make you take your clothes off and go dancing in the rain.
She'll make you live her crazy life
but she'll take away your pain like a bullet to your brain. Come On!

He made his way back to the stage and turned here and there, moved his hips a few time and sang the last part of the song. The next song was going to be it. He saw Muskaan suffering with Felicia and made a mental note to go save her.

The crowd applauded at his performance, and demanded more. And he was going to give it to them. "Well, then. If you thought that song was sexy. How about a level up! You're going to have to sing with me in this one. This is for all those who think they might get lucky tonight."

I wanna boom bang bang with your body yo
Were gonna rough it up before we take it slow
Girl lemme rock you rock you like a rodeo

He pointed the mike towards them, asking them to sing along with him "Its gonna be a bumpy ride" The public chanted with him. Mohombi was a genius to write this song.

(Its gonna be a bumpy ride)

He continued singing the chorus, his eyes set on Riddhima, making sure that everything was going according to his plan.

I wanna pull you over, pull you under
Make your body surrender to mine
Girl you can make me suffer, do whatever
Cuz i know youre one of a kind

Tell me who can love you, nobody
Hold you, nobody
Make your body wind, like me
You will never find someone like me

Riddhima danced to the tune of the music, oblivious to her surroundings. She hasn't loosened herself this much on the dance floor since like forever. This was a good change for once. She missed just letting her mind go, letting her body take control of her, and sway to the rhythm. She had to admit, despite its dirty lyrics, the song was actually quite catchy.

Who can love you, nobody
Hold you, nobody

Armaan watched Riddhima from the corner of his eyes. She had changed so much, but was still the same. He watched her dance to the beat of the music. The way her hair was bouncing a bit everywhere, the way she closed her eyes and just danced for the fun of it, the way a lips were curved into a smile; all of it brought back memories to him. Memories he hadn't opened for a very long time, memories he didn't even want to unlock today, but couldn't help it.

She was still so beautiful he thought, no he corrected himself. She was ever more beautiful than before. When he kissed her today, something in him awakened. He feared it would happen, but he was confident that he wouldn't be bothered by a mere kiss. But he was. He might have convinced her and the world that the kiss had meant absolutely nothing to him, but only he knew how hard it was not too deepen the kiss, not to give in to it. He wasn't as strong as he thought he was. He needed to be more if he wanted to be able to go through this without anyone realising what was going on inside his head and his heart. He needed to compose himself as soon as possible. He had already let his walls crumble down once today. Not anymore.

(Its gonna be a bumpy ride)

Armaan had a hard time keeping his eyes off a certain person. Especially when others were giving her looks that weren't too brotherly. Did that guy seriously have to sing this specific song? Couldn't he take something more appropriate? One that wouldn't get men thinking in a specific direction. He seriously hated the way some men were glaring at her, it was as if they were undressing her with their eyes. Seriously, screw the song. The moment a man approached her, the resolution he had just made a few seconds ago came crushing down. To hell with his walls today! No time to think. He simply marched to her, grab her wrist and spun her around until she came crashing on his chest.

Imma spin you around, push your buttons
Buy you plenty of stuff

Riddhima was taken by surprise. She hadn't expected Armaan at all. But she didn't want to think; she wanted to live in the moment, and the moment she was in Armaan's arms and she was dancing with him. She was free of thoughts. That's what she was going to continue doing. Despite the occurrences of the day, she felt content, happy, free. She closed her eyes once again and let the music guide her movement.

Then I'll take you down, to the bottom
Work you all the way to the top

Armaan suddenly stiffened as Riddhima snaked her body down and made her back to the top. She put her head backwards in the crook of his neck, and he couldn't help but to take in her intoxicating scent. She was really into the song, wasn't she? She didn't stop just because he was here. She was wild and free today, and there was no stopping her there. He could feel the warmth of her body, her thudding heart against his.

Tell me who can love you, nobody
Hold you, nobody

Rahul was pleased by the sight in front of him. Seeing that his plan had worked, he ended the song there and started a new one right away; one that was supposed to bring thee lovebirds closer. "A one, and a two and a one, two, three" He counted.

We're both looking for something
We've been afraid to find
It's easier to be broken
It's easier to hide

It was easier to hide and be broken, Armaan thought. Then you were sure that nothing else in life would be able to hurt you ever again. Look where it got him. Top Hollywood star about to win an Oscar and the age of 26, well more like 27 since his birthday was on its way. It was easier and better for sure.

Looking at you, holding my breath,
For once in my life, I'm scared to death,
I'm taking a chance, letting you inside.

But one look at the woman in front of him sometimes made him question his answers. He hated her. He was supposed to hate her, but every time he looked at her, and no matter how many times he convinced himself that she meant nothing to him, somewhere deep down he knew he was wrong. But, he was scared, scared to let anyone come that close to his heart again. He wasn't going to take a chance. She left him once for money; she could definitely do it again. People don't change that much. The guy, whatever his name was, really knew how to pick his songs.

Feeling alive all over again,
As deep as the sky, under my skin
Like being in love, she says
For the first time

Maybe if he acted more like Riddhima, and closed his eyes and danced to his heart's content, despite his rusty skills, maybe it would feel better, and this restlessness would go away for once and for all. He hesitantly closed his eyes, and let the lyrics seep into his head.

Maybe I'm wrong,
But I'm feeling right where I belong
With you tonight
Like being in love
To feel for the first time

And it did feel good. Really good. It was as if he was alive again. He was a teenager again, with no problems, no responsibilities. He let go of himself and danced like there was no tomorrow with the woman whose been haunting him for years.

The world that I see inside you
Waiting to come to life
Waking me up to dreaming
Reality in your eyes

Riddhima felt Armaan loosen up and dance to the rhythm of the music with her, a smile etched to his face. When he opened his eyes, her heart jumped. This was her Armaan. God knew for how long he was here, but this was definitely her Armaan. He took her arm and turned her once then twice, and then put his arm around her waist and swayed to the wonderful song.

Looking at you,
Holding my breath,
For once in my life
I'm scared to death,
I'm taking a chance,
Letting you inside.

Rahul made his way back down. Since his plans had succeeded, it was high time for mission-save-Muskaan-from-evil-witch begin. He pulled her away from the wicked wretch and started dancing around her. Muskaan couldn't be more thrilled to see Rahul in her life. He was such a fabulous singer. The way he sang to his heart's content, the way he mesmerized the crowd, the way he danced twirled around her… She suddenly felt very special. Admiring him singing so freely, something changed inside of her. For the first time, she saw him differently; he was no longer that annoying neighbour who scared  her to death a couple of times, but he was the man who saved a little boy from getting hurt, who cheered up the crowd, who would do anything for his best friend's happiness. She saw him for who he truly was today, and to be honest, she liked what she saw. Like being in love to feel for the first time, those words echoed through her mind and her heart was beating erratically. No, no, no, no, no! She was just too engulfed in the moment to be thinking straight at the moment.

I'm feeling alive all over again
As deep as the sky under my skin
Like being in love, she says, for the first time
Maybe I'm wrong, I'm feeling right
Where I belong with you tonight
Like being in love to feel for the first time

Riddhima couldn't believe her luck today. First a kiss, and now a dance. After seven long years, she felt like herself again, the one who used to smile and laugh and have fun. She got to see her Armaan, the one who loved her more than anything in the world. She was seventeen all over again, and it was like the spring dance where he had danced with her all night. They had had so much fun. The level of happiness of that day is nothing compared to the one today. She was in his arm, dancing with him, and the best part was that he was smiling.

We're crashing
Into the unknown
We're lost in this
But it feels like home

I'm feeling alive all over again
As deep as the sky under my skin
Like being in love, she says, for the first time
Maybe I'm wrong, I'm feeling right
Where I belong with you tonight
Like being in love to feel for the first time

Rahul ended the song, and an uproar of cheers and of chants filled the magical night. Who knew Halloween, a day that was supposed to be haunted and frightening could be so enchanting? People still wanted more, but it was time to call it a night. Muskaan was still in some sort of trance, trying to decipher the new emotions that were making their first appearances.

"So Muskaan" Rahul brought her back to reality. "Was I not awesome tonight?"

"Yeah, yeah" She said coolly, trying to hide her true feelings. As Rahul continued to praise his talent, she caught on to a slim tall figure making her way towards Armaan and Riddhima, who, as surprising as it may be, seemed oblivious of their surroundings. "Shoot, Felicia"

Riddhima stared into Armaan's eyes, the eyes she'd been looking for the past seven years. She didn't want this moment to end, because only God knew what would happen after. Would he return to his back self, or was this step forward, or would he simply brush it off. He couldn't, could he?

"Armaan?" A high pitched voice echoed behind her eardrum. And that's when she saw the twinkles in his eyes disappear. Her Armaan had gone.

At the sound of his name, Armaan came back to the real world. He instantly let go of Riddhima, and looked away from her. How could he be so careless? He wanted to be free for a moment, but not give in to his emotions. "Armaan, what are you doing?" His girlfriend asked him.

"Oh nothing sweetheart" He walked to her and put his arm around her waist and slowly brought them to her hips. "You know, just dancing with a random fan. Come here" He leaned down kissed her.

Riddhima couldn't watch any longer. For a moment, she saw hope; sometimes they say that when a door closes another one opens. Well, not for her; everything was locked and the key was lost. Tears were forming in her eyes, but she didn't want anyone to see her in this state, especially her friends, who have been helping her all along. She was a strong and if she wanted to win this battle, she would have to remain strong. Tears were going to bring her nowhere,

November. Such a beautiful month. Riddhima stood by her window as her gaze followed the trail of colourful leaves being blown away by the wind. She liked the month of November. The wind is cool, the trees are colourful and most of all, it was his birthday this month. The eighteenth of November. How could she forget? For many years, she has been wishing him silently from her bedroom, but not this year. This year, she was going to wish him face to face. She hasn't seen him since the Carnival nor has she heard of him from Muskaan. Though today, her mind wasn't too disturbed by his thought; it was occupied by another man. Ian Somerhalder. He was every woman's dream man, yet he wasn't hers. She had her date at eight o'clock, which left her a few hours to get ready. What was one supposed to wear when they went out with a movie star? She's been with Armaan before all the fame, but Ian, she had just met him. What do movie stars do on dates anyhow? They couldn't really be in public taking a walk in Central Park.

She pushed all those questions aside and decided it was time she got dressed. She decided on a simple outfit. A pair of blue skinny jeans, a simple V-neck white top, and added a black blazer on top and red boots. It was chilly outside, so she put a printed scarf around her neck. She decided to let her hair lose; not because she looked better like that, but rather because she liked feeling the breeze in her hair.

Once again, she was back to where she had been a week ago, the place where Armaan had followed her, where he had refused to kiss her, and left her humiliated. She spotted a figure motioning her towards a car. Was that Ian, she wondered. She hesitated at first, but who wouldn't. One of the first things they taught you in kindergarten was to never follow an unknown man into a car. The man slowly lifted his head, and she saw that smile that made hearts flutter worldwide. Since the man wasn't exactly unknown, maybe she could get in the car. Wow, she was really standing in front of him, in the flesh. He flashed his million dollar smile end extended his arm "Hi, I am Ian Somerhalder" He introduced himself like a true gentleman.

Riddhima shook his hand "Riddhima Gupta"

"Pretty name for a pretty lady" He put her hand to his lips and kissed it ever so softly. He then proceeded to open the passenger door, and then got himself back to his own seat, behind the wheel.

Riddhima fidgeted her scarf as she sat quietly in her seat. She hadn't been on a date for seven years, and this wasn't really a date, since she already belonged to someone else, heart, body and soul.

"So what do you do Miss Riddhima?" His husky voice filled the car.

"I am a doctor"

"Ooo! Beauty with brains."

She let out a slow chuckle and managed the courage to ask him the question that was in her head for the past couple of days. "Why did you want to go out with me?"

He chuckled "I thought I made that clear at the ball" He answered. Riddhima raised an eyebrow, hoping to get a proper answer this time.

"Because you seemed as lost as I was when the man you offered your heart to left you" His gaze was fixed on the road.

She was definitely surprised by his answer. He is after all Ian Somerhalder. How can he feel lost at all? He has a million girl crazy about him. But love is like that isn't it? Even a gazillion girl couldn't replace the one the one you wanted.

"How did you and Armaan meet?" He asked.

"How did you know?" She asked confused. No one except her friends and relative knew about Armaan and her.

"As an actor, it's good to keep track of the competition." He laughed. "Jokes apart, he removed his mask in the loo to splash water on his face."

"We were in high school together" She said as she stared out the window, thinking about the first time they had met. "We fell in love, and circumstances tore us apart"

Ian knew exactly how she felt. Yes, he was the Ian Somerhalder and his makes girl go crazy about him just by staring at them. Some even say that he can probably hypnotize them with his captivating gaze. But only he knew how it was to have everyone chant your name, and yet still be unhappy because the voice he longed to hear the most was not amongst them. He had once loved someone, so much that it consumed him. She was his life, love, inspiration, wish, dream; she was his everything. But HE had other plan. HE took her away from him, took her someplace where, even with all the money in the world, he couldn't reach. When he saw Riddhima at the ball, she reminded him so much of her. Her innocence, purity, grace and love.

The car stopped in front of the beach. "Beaches are always empty during this time of the year."

Riddhima smiled at him. Ian was so much more than a pretty face. "I'll race you to the water" She wanted to lighten up the gloomy and sad atmosphere of the car. The water was probably freezing around this time, but that was not enough to stop her. She loved the beaches. It was always one of her favourite place.

"You dare challenge me in those boots" He leaned against his car, confident that he could catch up to her within minutes if she ran with that red footwear.

"Yes, coming?" She started running towards the water, and she heard footsteps behind her. He was right behind her. As she reached the water, she turned around and threw her arms up, enjoying her little victory.

"Yes, she is so much like her" He thought to himself. They played in the water, talked for a while, ate and were finally sitting side by side. The moon was shining, illuminating the water to give it a heavenly glow. The stars were twinkling by its side, and together, the painted the sky into one of nature's most beautiful creation.

"I was fifteen when I first met him" She started narrating her story softly. She told him how they met, how they hated each other, how they fell in love, how she took money from her mom, how they met again; she told him almost everything except the one thing everyone wanted to know. Why had she taken the money? The reason would never ever be out. It was her secret, her promise.

Ian didn't ask her any more than she had told him. She reminded him so much of her. The way she spoke, the way she got lost just talking about Armaan, the way her face lit up at the mention of his name. She had poured her heart out, maybe it was time he finally poured his one out.

"Her name was Myra. We met at the beach. I was still in my teens then. It was early morning, and the beach was empty. I went for my normal jogging and I saw her, her feet in the water, her white skirt moving at the rhythm of the waves. The breeze was gently playing with her hair. She turned towards me and smiled, and I knew form that moment that my life would never be same. It was love at first sight for me." He went on narrating his story, and Riddhima could see his eyes become moist. "It was raining that day. We had a fight and she stormed out of the house. And I didn't stop her. I got a call half an hour later, saying…" His voice croaked and a lone tear escaped his eyes "They told me she died on the spot. I didn't even have chance to say sorry, to tell her she was right, or to even say goodbye properly. I would give everything I have just to get that moment back" He wiped away his tear "Everything" He whispered.

They both sat in silence, not knowing what to say to each other anymore. "So, Riddhima, what do you plan to do next to get you man back?" Riddhima realised how strong this man was. How much he must be hurting inside and yet smile like he was meant to smile for his whole entire life. She admired his strength, his determination, his courage. She truly admired him today. "I don't know. Sometime he acts like he cares, sometimes he doesn't ever bother. Sometimes he seems to be in love with me as much as I love him, but sometimes, it looks like he has moved on. I don't know anymore."

"Maybe you should get to know his feelings first, before trying to win him back. Because if you're wrong about his emotion, you'll be the one who'll be left heartbroken.

He was right. All these days, she had tried reading him, tried to figure out what he felt, tried to make him confess. Maybe, it was time to know whether he really moved on or not. Maybe, just the gut feeling wasn't enough, but proof was necessary, because if her heart was wrong, she wouldn't be able to have her heart shattered again. She didn't have it in her.

Edited by ksgforlife07 - 24 February 2012 at 12:45am

The following 83 member(s) liked the above post:

harini19Sanausmananum_026peachgirlxxnotoriusxxangelicdoveprachi.kajenammy_amnalove_arrianjalipme_jiaalifesucks123bhavs_gid03cutie13sindukurKaSh_4_eva..Zahra..maryamdiggiaar123kajenarshianya..KaJenDelena..Rihanna4allkunabzCutiee_AshhMvinfffAr_AsyafanSAM32nihamrmfanARimmayurfanSwaatiiRapunzzelRhea.KaJenjannat4evercuteshilpaakshadSuvarna....Amoon.88Altairaankitajain94kneeduh2000cutiepreetaddicted2ksgHaniyaasmileevervidu87moonlight2630blessed4-wild-dhruvikaluvsKSG-Fizzi-KaJen_addictionfri42911sweetnanduClumsyIntrovertNazzz16awesomepinky.paddaAMMY12ARKJ_4EVERtintinuanjie22meow23zhasan2Norzkashishk-tehreem-Ethereal-Pathflowers4uStinsonIsHereEuphoria.cant.be.assed.anumeha_rajatdivkashfullMidnightMusingsDulceTentacion.FleetingWishes.mcdreamy.Leve_Oishi_-Ri.aftermath..sjain

LaPlumeDOr Senior Member
LaPlumeDOr
LaPlumeDOr

Posted: 24 February 2012 at 12:27am | IP Logged

~ Chapter Seven: Music of the Soul ~

"Good Morning Riddhima." Muskaan wished as she strolled into the kitchen and grabbed an apple. It was late the evening and she was getting bored. Rahul was sitting at the table. She hadn't seen him for a while; the last time she saw him was the carnival, and with all those new emotions in her, it was better this way. Instead of joining him, she walked past and sat on the kitchen counter.

"Muskaan, you do know that I have a knife just beside you" Riddhima joked with Muskaan. It just didn't make sense to her why she sat on the counter beside the cutting board and the blender, rather than sitting comfortably on the table.

"She's intimidated by my presence" Rahul interjected, reading Riddhima's thoughts. Little did he know that his little comment was slightly true!

"Oh please," Muskaan composed herself rapidly before anyone noticed that Rahul's little remark had actually surprised her. She changed the topic into something that wouldn't make her think of Rahul or these new feelings inside her. "Riddhima, are you off tomorrow?"

"Yes, why?"

"Well, I thought you might like to see your future house."

Riddhima slightly blushed. The thought of her and Armaan married, living together made her cheeks go red, but her heart has never been happier. That was a dream she had. Hopefully, that dream would not remain a dream.

Muskaan's car finally came to a halt after a forty-five minute drive. Armaan sure lived far. His house was spectacular. It was a contemporary house; completely white with huge veranda. Given the size of the backyard, there was definitely a pool. Riddhima would've liked to get an early glimpse of the inside through the glassed walls, but the curtains were still drawn. Sigh. She would have to wait for Armaan to invite them in.

"He has a nice house" She simply stated. It was a nice house, but it was nothing like the one they had wanted years back. Yes, they were only seventeen, but they had always imagined a house near the beach. Just the thought of it brought back memories.

Flashback

"Armaan" Riddhima rested her head on his shoulder. They were at the beach watching the sunset. It was a beautiful sight.

"Hmm" He gently stroked her hair and kissed it.

"Do you wander about the future?" She asked innocently.

"Of course I do baby, all the time"

"What do you see?"

Armaan knew exactly where this conversation was leading to, and being the Armaan he was, he wouldn't just say some romantic dialogues without teasing her a bit first. "Well, I see me as a successful actor winning an academy award, I myself surrounded by fans, I see myself…" He continued enumerating his list until he saw how sad she had become by his answers. She looked adorable with that little pout on her face. "And then I see myself entering a huge mansion, and I see my wife curled up in the corner of the sofa" He nuzzled her hair. "I see myself walking up to her and whispering her name" He planted a kiss on her shoulder. "Riddhima" He whispered in her ear. "Then, I see myself carrying her to bed and making love to her all night"

Riddhima blushed profusely at his last comment. "Armaan" she hit his chest.

"What? You asked me what I saw in my future, and believe me I saw you and I married, and do you not know what married couple do Riddhima." He winked at her. Boy, did he love when her cheeks became red.

"Armaan" She moved her head away and averted her gaze shyly.

"Oye Hoye. If you blush so much now, I can't imagine later" He continued pulling her leg. It was a chance he wouldn't let go.

Riddhima didn't dare to look back at him. Her cheeks were probably redder than tomatoes. "Armaan, stop teasing me"

"Okay, okay. But, I still want to promise you something." He took her hand in his and entwined their fingers. "One day Riddhima, when the day, or rather that night comes" He couldn't help but make a little joke in his speech "mine, yours, our first night together, I promise that it will be the most memorable night of our life." He brought her hand to his lips and kissed it.

She placed back her head on his chest. "Do you really want to live in a huge mansion later?"

"Why, where do you want to live?"

"I want a house near the beach. We can go swimming anytime we want, we can watch sunsets and sunrises. A nice white house, with a red rooftop and a huge wooden porch. What do you think?"

"Anywhere is fine Riddhima, as long as I am with you. We might get a house anywhere in the world, but our true home will always be with each other." He took her hand and placed it on his heart. "This is your true home, and this is mine" He placed his palm on her heart.

Flashback end

Muskaan snapped hew fingers "Ridzy, where are you lost?" Muskaan was confused by the smile plastered on Riddhima's face. She handed her a box, and then took one herself. Balancing the heavy box on one arm, she rang the doorbell. When the door swung open, Riddhima practically gasped. She had seen Armaan shirtless before, but the sight in front of her took her breath away. They were nothing but teenagers before, but now he truly had the body of a man. His movies definitely failed to capture this. How can someone manage to look that good in a simple pair of grey sweatpants? His shoulders were broad, and boy did he have strong arms. His chest was perfectly toned, and Riddhima didn't even want to continue her way down, knowing that her cheeks would be redder than usual.

"Muskaan, you're early. It's barely eight o'clock yet." He said as he ran his hand through his hair.

"You look horrible! Did you sleep yesterday?"

"Not really"

"Well, are you going to invite us in and take these heavy boxes from us" Muskaan pushed her boxed forward and practically dropped it in his arms; she made her way in, and pulled Riddhima with her. "I seriously need to use the bathroom." She ran up the stairs and disappeared.

"Um…" Riddhima hesitated not knowing where to start. "Where do you want me to put these?" She slightly shook her box to indicate that she had one too.

"Follow me" He said as he leaded her towards the back. "You know, Muskaan could've come alone just to handle me a couple of box. She has a car." His voice was cold again. The last time he had seen Riddhima was at the stupid carnival, where he had lost his senses. Well, at least he was acting like himself rather than the super-nice-fake Armaan she encountered at the fair.

"Well, we were going to spend the day together shopping so she brought me here as well" They went down the stairs that led to the basements. It was the biggest mess she had ever seen. No, it wasn't a bunch of clothes and food scattered around, but rather a whole lot of cardboard boxes; some were open and some closes, other were on the floor with its content half out.

"Do you ever come down here" She exclaimed as she examined an old pair of glasses on the floor.

He shrugged his shoulders "Nope, these are just stuff I don't really need"

"Why don't you just throw them?" Riddhima continued to scan the room, her fingers trailing the opening of one of the box, asking his permission to open it. She thought she saw something through the creak and she wanted to know whether she was right or not.

"Never had the time I guess" He watched her stroll in his basement, fidgeting with the cover. "Why don't you take a look of what's inside that one, since you seem so into it."

Her face lit up and she rushed to open the box, like a little girl on Christmas morning. And she was right. It was his high school album. She didn't get one since she wasn't graduating the same year as him. She brought the books closer to her face and blew away the dust. As she opened the book, memories came flooding back into her mind. She flipped through the pages to find pictures of their past. The football team, the cheerleaders, there was even a picture of her in Armaan's in which she was wearing the mascot's costume. There was picture of her and him at the spring dance. They had even won best couple that year.

Armaan watched her as she flipped through the pages, lost in her thoughts. He knew what was in that book. Maybe that's why he was never able to get rid of it. He slowly walked towards her and pulled the book out of her hands. "There's no point living in the past Riddhima, it will never go back to how it was. We will never go back to the way we were."

"How can you be so sure?" She whispered, and lifted her gaze to meet his. She had to know whether he had truly moved on or not. Sometimes, she was so sure that he loved her, and others, she just didn't know. She had to find out, because if he didn't, she would continue living in the past, like she had done for the past years. She hesitantly put her palm on his bare chest, just right above his heart. "You told me once that I would always be here with you, that you can never forget me. Tell me Armaan, am I still buried deep down in some corner in there." The slow rhythm of his heart felt like music to her ears. His heart was her true home after all.

Armaan closed his eyes for a brief moment; he remembered those words and the gesture. He had told her to reassure her that fame would never come between them. He felt her soft skin just right above his heart and for a second he wanted time to stop, to remain like this forever. But reality came crashing back in, as always.

He sighed and brought his hand to hers, and removed it before her touch made him act irrationally. "I guess I lied then"  

"Or maybe you're lying now" She took one step closer, in hopes of closing the gap they had between them, but Armaan took a step back instantly. He crossed his arms and leaned against a tower of boxes. "Riddhima, maybe you can go upstairs and see for yourself how much I don't care about you. You have the answer to your silly little question upstairs." He gave his you'll-see-I'll-win smirk, and motioned her to go up the stairs.

Confused, she took Armaan's advice and climbed the stairs, one step at a time. She knew Armaan was right behind her. Of course, he was! Would he ever leave a chance to see her plans crumble down to the ground? She heard a faint humming sound coming from her left, and decided to follow the melodious voice. And when she found its source, she wished she hadn't bothered at all.

Felicia Fitzgerald was in the kitchen, making breakfast- more like a burnt breakfast- and was humming their song. Truly madly deeply do. She wasn't wearing much; just her flashy, lacy and black undergarments and a large white sort-of-see-through shirt, which obviously was not hers. Riddhima spotted a mark hidden near the collar only to realise what it was. So that's why Mr. Malik looked tired and said he hadn't really slept. Well, that was score 1-0 for Armaan.

"Oh, Armaan I made-" She turned around "Oh, I see we have company. I'm really sorry, but I only made breakfast for two." She flaunted her glossy blond hair sideways to reveal her hickey, even though Riddhima had already seen it.

"Breakfast, what breakfast?" Riddhima said sweetly. Today was not the day she would be intimidated by Armaan's girlfriend.

Her rival took the tray in her hands and placed it on the table "This breakfast here!" She answered smugly.

"Oh that! I thought that was cat food or something"

She could see Felicia's eyes flaring up and a small vain popped up on her forehead. Yup, she was angry, and that too with so little. "Armaan, as your girlfriend, I will tolerate to be insulted in your house honey!

"Something is burning- Jesus Felicia, you gave me a fright there. What are you doing here?" Muskaan came walking through the kitchen door. She realised she had asked a stupid question, because by the look of Felicia's outfit, she could tell what she, or rather they had been doing. Her thoughts instantly flew to Riddhima. Was she okay with this horrific sight in front of her, but she should've known better. Her friend was stronger than she thought.

"You do know that me and your brother are in a relationship?"

"It's your brother and I, and yes I do know that-Unfortunately" she kept that last bit to herself. An idea popped into her head "Umm, Felicia, you know, I absolutely love your hair. I mean, mines are so frizzy, and I really want your tip. I have this huge date, and really, really need your help." She grabbed her arm and pulled her out of the room as she continued to blabber about her date-more like an imaginary date.

"So, did that answer your question, or you can stay over tonight if you want a live demonstration" Armaan sneered.

"It's okay, I think I'll pass, but that" referring to the previous encounter "does not prove a thing!"

"What do you mean, it doesn't prove a thing?" Armaan was baffled by her reaction. What kind of woman isn't bothered with the fact that her man slept with another girl?

Riddhima wanted to get a reaction, a sign, anything showing that he truly did still care. There was more to his emotion than just fan-love, hatred and hurt. "We both know you don't need to love someone to have sex with them."

It wasn't really true-for Riddhima at least. She would never giver herself to a man if she didn't love him. For the past years, she has watched Armaan with different dates and girlfriend. Expecting him to remain a virgin was something she had given up on; especially given the fact that she thought she would never meet him again. Maybe this was her punishment for breaking his heart so harshly. God had to be fair somehow.

On the other hand, Armaan did not like her all-so-casual reply. Was she implying that she had…that she had- he couldn't even bring himself to think that. A part of him wanted her to have waited for him forever, and then his rational part didn't want to care. She had left him, so she was permitted to do whatever she wanted to do with whoever she wanted.

Riddhima tried reading his facial expression. For a brief second she thought she saw something, but before she ever had the chance to analyze what it meant, his face became passive and indifferent, as if he didn't care that she had given herself to someone- that was not a good sign. Maybe she could get some clue in the house. "Armaan, where are you manners? Why don't you give me a tour of your house while Muskaan gets her hair done?"

"My manners walked out the front door the moment you appeared at my doorstep, uninvited" He replied, emphasizing the last word.

"Fine, I'll go explore your house by myself" She knew he would tail her all along. "So Armaan, which way is your bedroom?" She went up the stairs, and opened a door randomly. By the look of the room, this had to be Armaan's room. There was a large unmade bed, and clothes scattered on the floor, clothes that weren't all his. Ok, this was yet another thing she added in the list of things-she-did-not-want-to-see. Armaan had won another point. 2-0 for Armaan. Great.

"I think you can answer that question by yourself." He replied cockily.

Riddhima decided to ignore him entirely and enter the room of hell. There was bound to be something in her that proved her that Armaan hadn't moved on. She swallowed her pride and walked in the room in hopes of getting a sign, any sign.

"If you're hoping to find your picture hidden in my room, tucked under my pillow, then you are clearly delusional. I can drop you at a mental institution to get that fixed."

"Ha ha, you're hilarious." She retorted quite sarcastically.

"Explore all you want, you'll never find a thing" He followed her around as he whistled an annoying tune.

He was right; there was nothing in here, literally nothing. He obviously did not spend much of his time in this room. It was just the place where he slept and got dressed. Nothing more than that. Time to move on to the next room.

She opened the door, and was greeted by the soft smell of parchment; she was most definitely in his study. All walls were covered in books and a few antic pieces, and right in the middle stood a grand cherry wood desk covered in music paper. The room was beautiful. She observed in the corner of the room lied a guitar case. So this was the room in which he spent his time.

"Wow, Armaan, I see that you're writing your own music now" She said impressed. She fidgeted through the sheaf of papers.

"None of them are complete" He added indifferently.

"Maybe you need the right inspiration."

"Yeah right" He passed his hand through his hair. "Are you done yet?" He was getting impatient with all her snooping.

"Not quite" She pulled the drawer, and spotted a blue Swarovski box. There was a little card attached to the ribbon of the box. She slowly opened the card, but before she could read the entire message, Armaan came and closed the card and pushed the drawer back in.

"Now, now Riddhima, you shouldn't be reading the private message I write to my girlfriend."

She smiled, but she knew he was lying. Not only because if it were true, he would have wanted her to read it, but because the first few letters of his girlfriend were not 'Ridd'. But hers was. Even if she couldn't read the entire message, she saw those letters neatly inscribed on that piece of paper. He had bought her a necklace. When and why, she had no clue, but the point was that he had kept it. In his study, the room where he spends most of his time. Well, it's now 2-1 for Armaan.

She was about to leave the room, but stopped as she saw some change on top of the table. And that's when it hit her. Muskaan had mentioned something about him not letting anyone touch his wallet. Even when she returned it to him, he had asked her if she had opened it. Oh how she wished she was as snoopy then as she is now. She regretted not opening his wallet the day she had the chance. God had given her chance and she had to be Miss Goody Two Shoes. "Armaan" She started quite melodically "Where is your wallet?"

"In my pocket" Armaan really didn't see the point of her question.

"Can I see it?" She asked with her sweetest voice.

"No" He replied quite harshly. Well Muskaan wasn't kidding when she said he got a bit touchy when it came to his wallet. He was definitely hiding something in there. It was now a tie.

"Why, is there something in there I shouldn't see?"

"Yeah, actually there is. There's my big fat check book in there. Something I'd rather keep away from you based on your history."

Ouch. That hurt. That hurt real bad. He still thought she was after his money. Maybe it was time to show his that she wasn't some poor soul in need of money. "For your kind information, Mr. Malik, I happen to be a doctor and my mom owns one of the biggest caf branches in the city. So your money is of no need to me." There, that should hit his oversized ego.

"If you don't need the money, then why are you here? Last time you were with me, you got yourself five hundred grand. Maybe you should have waited because I am worth much more right now."

Riddhima took a deep breath. "Armaan I can't change what I did in the past, but I promise you that I was never with you for the money. I lo-"

"Don't you dare say the word love Riddhima!" He roared. "I think it's time for you to leave." He led her toward the front door and opened it for her. "I'll tell Muskaan you're waiting for her outside." He slammed the door shut the moment she stepped out.

"Muskaan, Riddhima is waiting for you outside, she said something about not feeling well." He yelled to get his sister's attention.

Muskaan rushed out the front door, shooting a nasty glare at her brother before exiting his house. "Riddhima, are you okay?"

"Yes" She beamed. Armaan's action hadn't hurt her a bit. Maybe it was because she was used to it, or maybe it was because she saw hope. A wallet and a Swarovski box. Those signs were enough to keep her happy for the rest of the day, but she still wanted a more concrete proof. Assumptions weren't going it do it anymore.

Armaan stared through his window as the car drove away from his house. It was hard not to lose his temper in on front Riddhima, especially whenever the notion of money came in. The topic was still a taboo for him. Every time they had talked about it, their conversation would lead to the same point. She would plead him to believe her that she had really cared for him. But he knew better than to believe her. As his mind boggled with the recent events, he felt a pair of arms snake around his waist from behind.

"Hmm, Armaan" Felicia snuggled closer and placed soft kisses on his bare back.

"Nice work with the room, you did a good job messing it up. Now that they are gone, you can lose the act." He pulled away from her embrace and faced her. "And you can take of my shirt."

"C'mon Armaan, just because they are gone, doesn't mean we can't have fun" She toyed with the elastic of his pants, trying quite hard to seduce him.

"That's not what I pay you for. You pretend to be my girlfriend and do as I say, and I give you money and all the fame you need to make into movies." He pushed her hands away. 

"C'mon Armaan, you called me early morning and I came. Don't you think I deserve little thanks?" She ran her fingers on his chest.

"My 'thank you' is already in your bank account." He replied as he shoved her hands away from his chest and sat down on the couch and rubbed his neck. He felt her hands on his shoulders giving him a message. "You seemed really tensed, you know I can make you forget all that." She whispered huskily in his ears.

"Enough Felicia" Armaan was getting tired of her little games. "I don't want to have sex with you. Your job is done for the day, please leave." He snapped at her.

"I am standing in front of you barely dressed, whispering soft words and seducing you, and yet you're not even looking at me. Now, there are two reasons you are not taking a shot at me. Either you're gay, or you're a virgin keeping yourself for the special one. Quite girly if you ask me." She stated. "Now, based on your kisses and history, you are most definitely not gay, therefore there is one reason left."

Armaan glared at her angrily. "What I am and am not is none of your concern. And you're still in my house. I thought I asked you to leave."

"Fine, I am leaving. Just so you know, if you ever need someone to make you forget anything, I'll be there for you." She added before leaving the perimeters.

Riddhima paced around her house. She needed a plan, and fast; she needed to sneak into Armaan's house, place his gift in his room, look for his wallet and read the note on the Swarovski box. She felt like a criminal; which doctor spends their day off plotting about breaking and entering into an ex-boyfriends house. None! That was the correct answer. His birthday was in two days, and Muskaan told her that he would be shooting on that day, so he would probably come back home by ten at night. Maybe she could sneak in, place the gift and read the card, hide in the closet and when he went to take a shower, take a look at his wallet and run before he came out. Yeah, that seemed like a plan, but then, if she left the gift inside the house, he would know she was there. Switch the orders: sneak in, read the note, hide in the closet, look at his wallet, than run away and leave the gift in his mailbox. Yup, that seems better.

How she wished she had her personal Neal Caffrey to break in for her without activating the alarm. That was another issue completely. She had no idea how to go pass the alarm. She had a couple of ideas of what it might have been, but she only had one shot at it if she didn't want to have a criminal record tagging her everywhere she went. Maybe Muskaan and Rahul can help her with that task. She dialled her number right away "Hello, Muskaan. I might need your help."

Muskaan and Rahul were driving their way to Armaan's house for their mission "So tell me again Muskaan, why is it that you can't just call him and ask him the code."

Muskaan shot him an irritated look to which Rahul simply said "Oh yeah, because you don't want him suspecting a thing. Just to be clear, based on all our previous track record, he probably knows that we are on to something." He pointed out the obvious.

"Oh sush Rahul, always pessimistic about everything." She retorted.

"I'll call it being realistic."

"No, it's called being a spoil sport. Beside, isn't so much more fun acting like we were spies? All were missing is the black leather gear."

"Yeah, and also the cool gadgets" The man added.

Muskaan pulled the car over, grabbed her supply bag, and got out of the car, Rahul following her. "So this is where the infamous Armaan lives. As a reporter, I've discovered gold you know. Most reporters are dying to know where he lives. Got to hand it to him, he sure knows how to keep a low profile when he wants to."

"Yes, and if you ever disclose any of this information, I might have to kill you" She smiled at him as they walked to the door. Armaan was out shooting.

"You couldn't even if you wanted to" He crossed his arms and leaned against the door frame.

"You don't know what I'm capable off" She added challengingly.

"Yes, that's coming from the girl who nearly fainted after hearing a ghost story."

Muskaan's eyes widened "Not true, I didn't nearly faint, I was just a bit jumpy, that's all."

"Oh yeah, totally agree, just a tad bit jumpy" He said with a grin, eyes sparkling with mischief. He was obviously flirting with her, and the woman seemed oblivious. Something had changed since the carnival. She would avoid being near him for some reason. Good thing she would still argue with him or else he might of have to ask Riddhima to bring her to the hospital with her.

"Never mind that" She said, desperately trying to change the topic "We have a job to do. Rahul, you said you could do this."

"Of course I can. Figuring out the code of an alarm is a piece of cake. I've done it many time in the line of duty." He took a screw drivers out from the supply bag and started to undo the tiny little screw on the corner left.

"You're a journalist, you're not supposed to break into people's houses." She stated the facts he heard all the time.

"Yeah, and wait for the facts to come knocking on my door by itself." He attacked the third screw at the bottom right.

"So don't you get into trouble for it?"

"I don't get caught, besides, my articles help catch bad guys. I don't write gossip pieces. They are either serious or event coverage." He finally took off the last screw and put it aside. He slowly pulled out the machine "Muskaan, I need you to hold this, and remember the numbers that will display on the screen."

Muskaan came closer and held the machine, but she didn't want to come any closer to him than she already was. She didn't know what to make of the accelerated heartbeat or the sudden nervousness. "Muskaan, I won't be able to achieve anything if you stand three feet away from me. Come closer. I won't eat you."

She took two steps closer and all the symptoms she has been trying to repress came back as she watched him work; his focused grey eyes, his delicate yet strong hands fidgeting with the wires, the slight stubble adorning his perfect jawline. She felt her mouth go dry and as her gaze travelled to his lips, she gulped loudly, which made Rahul look up to her with a curious gaze.

"I'm…umm…I'm just really… really thirsty. How much more time do you need. I don't have all day you know" She stammered as the reason of her state went back to doing his assigned task. What was happening to her? This sudden attraction was out of the question. They fought all time, and besides, he probably didn't think of her in that way, she thought to herself. Maybe, it was just temporary, maybe it was because she hadn't been on a date for a very long time. Yeah, that must be the reason. She surely didn't want to admit to the new feelings that were suddenly developing inside of her.

"Muskaan" Rahul snapped her out of her thoughts "Keep an eye on the screen now, the numbers will appear and disappear right way so remember what you see." He took two wires and made the tips touch. Instantly, a number flashed on the screen.

"Two"

"Three"

"Zero"

"Eight"

"Five"

"Nine"

He made the wires meet one more time, and the alarm was off. "Good Job, he fixed back the wires rapidly, and put the machine back to its place. He took out his cellphone and kept the code saved before one of them forgot it.

"You have got to teach me how to do tha.t" Muskaan was fascinated by what he had just done. This was a very handy skill, if you can even call it that.

"Nope, a magician never reveals their secret." Before she could argue any further, he said "Let's go back, Armaan might get here any moment."

"The man just had to take a house far from the city, didn't he?" Riddhima muttered to herself as she pedaled her bicycle. Coming with a car was out of the question because where on earth can you hide a huge piece of metal. Public transportation didn't really pass around here. The bike, on the other hand, was really easy to hide, but the journey was a pain. The things she did for love. She has been pedaling for the past hour and a half and she finally got to his place. She placed her mean of transportation behind some bushes, out of everyone's sight and grabbed his present from the front basket.

She reached the door, and entered the six digits very carefully "2, 3, 0, 8, 5, 9" The red light became green, and she heard a click. She slowly tuned the doorknob, and peeked inside, just to make sure the house was empty. What if Fitzgerald was roaming in his house like the last time? She took a large breath and entered the domain. Without further due, she headed for the study and found the object of her desire. She placed his gift on the table and opened the little card again, and the inscription made her heart melt.

Riddhima,

I don't know why you seemed sad yesterday on the phone, but I thought that my presence and this little present might cheer you up.

Love you always and forever,

Armaan

He had bought it when he came back from his trip to Yale, she deduced based on the inscription. He had kept it for so many years. How he must have been hurt to return and find no trace of her existence. How heartbroken he must of felt. A pang of guilt engulfed her and her eyes moistened. How she wished she could erase all the pain from his heart and bring back the smile on his lips. She kept telling herself that she didn't have a choice, but the truth was that she did. She chose to abandon Armaan to save her father, and given the same opportunity again, she would make the same choice over and over again.

As her fingers made their way to open the blue box, she heard the main door open. "Shoot, Armaan wasn't supposed to be back for another hour" she whispered to herself as she placed back the box and the card to their rightful places. She scanned the room and there was nothing to hide in or behind, so she quietly made her way to the closest room: his room. She went for the closet, but the man had a walk in; not the ideal place for hiding.

The bed, she thought. She slowly made her way under the majestic bed, and realised that something was missing. The gift. She had placed it on his desk, and she didn't take it back. She was about to get out of her hiding spot, but too late, she heard footsteps coming up the stairs. "Please don't let him go to the study, please don't let him go to the study" She kept repeating in her head over and over again as the footsteps grew closer and louder. She saw his shadow come towards the bed, and heard him drop something on it. However, instead of heading for a shower, like she expected him to do, he left the room, and that's when she started to panic again. What if he found out, what if he knew? Before her head burst from all the mysteries, the man was back in his room, and she heard the door to the balcony open. She never expected to hear what she heard next.

Armaan returned home after a long a tiring day. If anyone thought that being a movie star was easy, they were completely wrong. The fact that it was his birthday didn't make the director any less hard on him; shots after shots for countless hours. He made his way to the kitchen for a glass of water and went to his room. He took off his shirt and threw it on the bed. He threw is wallet on the bed as well. Today was his day and yet he felt so lonely. He passed his hand through his hair and made his way to the study; for some reason, he felt like singing today, pouring his soul out. He didn't write anything for years, but maybe Riddhima was right; he needed inspiration. He grabbed his guitar, and failed to spot the box that lied on the table. He was too caught up in his world to realise that something was different in that room.

He walked to the balcony, and started to run his fingers on the chords. It was way out of tune. He adjusted the pegs a couple of time and started to play whatever came to his mind. His fingers slowly played a tune and his voice filled the magical night, singing all the emotions he held in.

You're in my mind all the time
My thoughts are always of you
There are so many things that we promised
each other, that we would do

Armaan didn't even know where the words even came from, but they just seemed to come naturally today. It felt good to let his hand caress the strings of his guitar, his mind free of everything. Just to sing whatever he felt without fearing that someone would discover him.

But since you went away, my heart
Has been in so much pain
It seems that everything we've been through
Has been in vain

As he sang, his eyes moistened. He closed his eyes and the only thing he could see was her. Everything he could think of was her. And he let himself get lost in the past. His attempts to fight her away seemed in vain.

And I can't stop thinking about you
And I wouldn't if I could
But I can't keep waking up
With dreams of you

Somehow, he knew that the only reason he couldn't forget her was because his heart refused to do so. He couldn't stop thinking about her because he let himself to do so. He let himself become vulnerable to her. But, he couldn't go on like this forever. Between the fight between his mind and his heart, his mind had to win at the end.

You should have known when you told me
You loved me, that you were deceiving
I have faith that the hurt that I feel deep inside
Will soon be leaving,
But now I'm all alone, and I
Can't stop thinking of you
Hold you in my arms once again
Is all I wanna do

Riddhima heard his voice fill the air, and she didn't know whether to be happy or sad. The song was itself was heartbreaking, but its meaning meant the world to her. He did love her. She didn't need any more proof. He loved her so much, just like he had back then, but the pain she caused him crushed his soul; the wounds and the scars refuses to let his heart open once again.

And I can't stop thinking about you
And I wouldn't if I could
But I can't keep waking up
With dreams of you

He placed his guitar on the side and stretched out his leg on the wooden lounge chair. He thought about the last couple of days. Acting indifferent didn't do him much good; it led to a reunion kiss and a lot of dancing. Ironic, how acting is his profession and yet he couldn't act in front of Riddhima. He couldn't pretend to feel nothing for her. I'd rather have you hate me than to feel nothing at all for me, her words echoed in his mind repeatedly. She knew that hate was better than indifference; when you hate someone, it's because you cared about what they did to you, whereas indifference showed that you never meant anything to them.

Who was he trying to lie? He wasn't indifferent to her. He did care when Riddhima had left him. He was devastated, heartbroken and torn. He did care that she had left him for money. It angered him to think that the girl he gave his heart to put a price tag on his love. He did care when she came back. For god sake, he hired a fake girlfriend just to show her how much he didn't care. He did care. He cared to damn much.

And that's what made things ever harder.

He closed his eyes and let sleep engulf him, dreaming of the one girl who can put an end to this emotional turmoil.

When the room went completely silent, Riddhima waited for a couple of minutes before lifting the drapes and take a peek towards the balcony. By the way his hand was dangling, she knew Armaan was asleep. That was her cue to go.

She made her way out and saw his shirt and wallet lying on the white sheets. She reached for his wallet, but as her hand came closer, her fingers curled around her thumb. She couldn't look into it. If her picture was in there, she wanted Armaan to show it too her willingly. Besides, she already had the answer to her question.

She was about to leave the room when she stole one last glance at her Armaan. He was sleeping, but he wasn't wearing a top; he would probably freeze at night. She quickly went to the study to get her gift, came back and grabbed a large blanket. She also placed a pillow under her arm. She tiptoed her way to him and slowly placed the blanket over him. A moment ago, she didn't want him to know she was at his house, but now she didn't care. He seemed to be in a deep slumber. His face seemed very tired and she could make out the dark circle under his eyes. He probably hadn't slept properly for days. She held her breath as she gently placed the pillow under his head. She placed the gift beside the guitar. She couldn't help but stare him for a couple of minutes; despite the tiredness, he seemed at peace.

She moved away the few strands of hair that were on his forehead, and gently passed her delicate fingers through his hairs. He opened his eyes for a few second and closed them again. His lips curved into the tiniest smile, yet that small gesture made her heart flutter.

Armaan felt something touch his forehead, something warm and fuzzy. It felt like heaven. He must be in a dream, because he hasn't felt in this much peace for years. He slowly opened his eyes and saw a silhouette in front of him. Dark hair, milky skin, beautiful blue eyes: it must be an angel, he thought. He smiled, closed his eyes again, enjoying the dream while it lasted.

"Happy Birthday Armaan" She whispered as she planted a soft kiss on his forehead. Without any further due, she left his house.

Something was bothering Armaan; he opened his eyes only to realise that the sun was rising already. He couldn't bare the sun beams that were illuminating his face. He raked his hand through his hair and wiped his eyes. Why was he outside? Then, it suddenly hit him. He must have fallen asleep after playing his guitar, but he was still very confused. He did not remember bringing his blanket and pillow out. Maybe he sleepwalked.

He closed his eyes, and a silhouette seemed to form in his head. Dark hair, milky skin, beautiful blue eyes. "Riddhima" He mumbled, his mind still clouded. "Riddhima" He exclaimed once more as he recalled what he saw. It wasn't a dream. It couldn't have been here. How would she even get in his house? Why would she even come here? All these questions flooded hi head. He needed to go running. That seemed like a good idea. He turned his head towards his guitar and a white box with blue ribbons caught his attention. Was that why she was here? He unwrapped the present, and carefully pulled out its content. It was a picture of them playing Frisbee; he had caught her by the waist and surprised her. It was one of the happiest moments in his life. Just thinking about it brought back a huge smile to his lips.

Edited by ksgforlife07 - 24 February 2012 at 12:46am

The following 106 member(s) liked the above post:

harini19anum_026kashish_23peachgirlxxnotoriusxxangelicdovesrishksgian15HawtNatty17ammy_amnashiv-sunainaivhnajbhavs_gid03love_arriSar_Mme_jiaaAsh1990daydreamer21lifesucks123priyanka11sindukurKaSh_4_evaAnokheemkp1995..Zahra..maryamdiggiashwini16cutie13Rihanna4allkunabz-AK-kajenarshianya..KaJenDelena..kyyfanaticJahapana6packsmak3mesmileCutiee_AshhMvinfffaar123GalwayGirlStupidcupid1234RapunzzelnihamrmSAM32fanARimmayurfanqt4everSwaatiiaraja1234Inkpen4877akshadanushkajainRhea.KaJenJinal3pateljannat4everInfinite_FlameNims-sweetanu2314Suvarna....namita18Altairaankitajain94HaniyaasmileeverdhruvikaluvsKSG-Fizzi-vidu87moonlight2630blessed4cutiepreetaddicted2ksgfri42911sweetnanduMunchkin.ClumsyIntrovertRarepearlcharmingkillerKaJen_addictionNazzz16awesomepinky.paddatintinuARKJ_4EVERAMMY12angullgrl91zhasan2anjie22caprigurlkashishkEthereal-Pathflowers4uDulceTentacion.MidnightMusingscant.be.assed.StinsonIsHereEuphoria.divkashfullNorz-tehreem-shewolf.Monstuholic4evrLevemcdreamy._Oishi_-Ri.aftermath..sjain

Rapunzzel Goldie
Rapunzzel
Rapunzzel

Posted: 24 February 2012 at 12:32am | IP Logged
omg u r back
eagerly waiting for an update

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LaPlumeDOr

sjain IF-Addictz
sjain
sjain

Posted: 24 February 2012 at 12:35am | IP Logged
u updating 2 parts together ?? :O

LaPlumeDOr

LaPlumeDOr Senior Member
LaPlumeDOr
LaPlumeDOr

Posted: 24 February 2012 at 1:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rapunzzel

omg u r back
eagerly waiting for an update

Jusy updated! Hope you enjoy it!

Rapunzzel

LaPlumeDOr Senior Member
LaPlumeDOr
LaPlumeDOr

Posted: 24 February 2012 at 1:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sjain

Hey! Yes, I just updated two parts! And I hope you enjoy them!

sjain

sjain IF-Addictz
sjain
sjain

Posted: 24 February 2012 at 1:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ksgforlife07

Originally posted by sjain

Hey! Yes, I just updated two parts! And I hope you enjoy them!

awssumm ..after ages u updated ..and that too 2 hapters WOWWW..treat ..Big smile

PLEASEEE..b regular with updates :(((

LaPlumeDOr

Go to top