Fan Fictions

AR FF-Ten Ways to Get Him Back-Ch1 to Ch9 (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 152

meow23

IF-Rockerz

meow23

Posted: 07 March 2011 at 12:20am | IP Logged
alisha awesum concept
is dis flshbak gng kya
thnx 4 d pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "AR FF-Ten Ways to Get Him Back-Ch1 to Ch9 (Page 7)" in Fan Fictions forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

KaranShilpa:)

IF-Rockerz

KaranShilpa:)

Posted: 07 March 2011 at 6:34am | IP Logged

wow loved the idea!!

would absolutely love to get PMs from you whenever you update...
good going!!

:)

LaPlumeDOr

LaPlumeDOr

Posted: 07 March 2011 at 3:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by anjie22

Awesoem concept...Pm me whn u update nxt

Hey!! Thanks so much!! I'll probably update this week, before friday!!

Originally posted by laizu

It seems a heartbreaking story. I have tears in my eyes just like Riddhima. I want to see Armaan Riddhima together again happily ever after. That's why I want to read your story.

You have writtenit in such a wonderful way that it touches the heart. Will wait for the next part.

Awww! Thank you so much!! Later on, it's going to get funnier as she tries to get him back!

LaPlumeDOr

LaPlumeDOr

Posted: 07 March 2011 at 3:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by meow23

alisha awesum concept
is dis flshbak gng kya
thnx 4 d pm

Hey thanks so much!! Next part is in the present, but i'll have more flashbacks later on!!
Originally posted by KaranShilpa:)

wow loved the idea!!

would absolutely love to get PMs from you whenever you update...
good going!!

:)

Hey!! Thanks so much!! Going to update this week!!

Love you all-XOXO-Alisha K.

Stupidcupid1234

Stupidcupid1234

Posted: 07 March 2011 at 3:42pm | IP Logged
Update soon please
Can't wait to read more

LaPlumeDOr

LaPlumeDOr

Posted: 07 March 2011 at 7:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Stupidcupid1234

Update soon please
Can't wait to read more

Thank you so much!! Updating soon!!

LaPlumeDOr

LaPlumeDOr

Posted: 07 March 2011 at 8:03pm | IP Logged

~ Chapter One: An Unexpected Encounter ~

It was mid-October; it was a very rainy day in New York City. Riddhima sat by her window, sipping her warm coffee on a Friday night. She watched a guy getting out of the convenience store and run home, she saw an elderly woman trying to put a plastic bag on her head to avoid destroying her perfect haircut, and then she shadowed a couple running hand in hand until they reached the lobby of a building, and then they kissed. They were young, happy and wildly in love, just as she had been once. A lone tear escape her eye. Seven years. It had been seven years already. Things had changed since then. No, everything had changed. She had changed.

After they had moved to New York, her parents business started to bloom. Their little bakery turned into a caf branch called Caf Del Mondo; there were a dozen scattered around the city. She had finished her high school studies in a local institution and managed her way to get in Columbia University in their medical program. After years of hard work, she was now officially a doctor.  Her mother, Padma Gupta, couldn't have been more proud, and her dad, well, she was sure he was as proud too, wherever he was. Three years, ago Sameer Gupta had been detected with a brain tumour. They had tried everything to save him, but he breathed his last breath in less than a year. His last words to his daughter were. "Forgive me Riddhima."

Now, her mom lived with her brother, Rajesh, and they managed the business together. As for herself, she lived in a flat she bought. It wasn't something luxurious; it was a simple two bedroom flat with one washroom, one living room, one dining area and a small kitchen, but it was cozy, and that's what mattered most. She wasn't the most social of people like she had once been. Nope, she was quiet and kept mostly to herself. She would keep herself busy as much as possible; she would jog in the morning, read books before going to bed, participate in charity works. One of the only friends she had was Rahul Sharma, a young journalist who had managed to crack Riddhima's shell. They were neighbours. Rahul occupied one of the three flats of the floor; he had the one beside her, while a cranky old man had the opposite one. He knew everything about her, well almost everything; she had never told a soul about the reason behind the money. He just knew that she took, and that was enough. He was the most amazing friend she could ever ask for; he was always there for her. He looked after her just like a big brother would.

As for Armaan, well it would be a lie if she said she never saw him again. For already six months now, she would see him all the time. Every morning when she would pull the curtains, his face appeared; he was painted on a billboard for his Gillette ad just outside her living room window. She would hear his voice when she would turn on the television while his movies were passing. She would see his posters across an entire wall when she would walk to the mall. Being the most eligible and handsome actor in Hollywood gave you a lot of fame. He was everywhere, and along with him with be a new girl every couple of months. This wasn't her Armaan anymore, and deep down she knew she had caused this change. He came to New York many times, for tours or signings, or shootings, but she never saw him personally. She didn't have the courage to face him. What would she even say?

A beeping sound brought her back from her world; she walked up to her living room, and closed her alarm clock. She was on night duty today. She got dressed, grabbed her coat and an umbrella and headed out. It was too late to catch a bus, and taxis were not a good idea. There was too much traffic because of the heavy rain. Outside the wind was blowing hard and practically pulled Riddhima's petite frame with it. She was having a hard time controlling her umbrella; it slipped from her hands and was blown into a secluded park. She ran after it, and stopped abruptly at the sight of the violent scene unfolding right before her eyes; she saw a masked man with a knife trying to get money from a lady. It was raining too hard to see her age, but by the look of her accessories, she seemed to be quite wealthy. The man flung her roughly to the ground, and knelt beside her. The woman let out a loud shriek of fear.

Just as any good citizen, Riddhima dialled 911, took out her pepper spray, ran behind the man, and jumped on him. Maybe it wasn't the most sensitive thing to do, but at the moment it seemed like her only choice. She grabbed a fistful of his hair and pulled them backward. The woman was lying on one side, her face turned away.

"Let go of me!" The man roared as he tried to push her off. He reeked of alcohol and cigarettes. As she tried to pull his hair a second time, the man grabbed her arm, and flew her across the ground. Riddhima was badly injured from the fall; her arm had a cut from the knife, and her head was spinning from the collision, but she wasn't going to give up. Her life and the life of someone else were in danger, and she had vowed to try and save all lives. The man was now coming towards her. "You're messing with the wrong person."

"I don't think so." She pulled out her pepper spray and sprinkled it on his eyes, and while he moaned in pain, she kicked him in the groins with all her might. You didn't need a PhD to figure out how to handicap a man. The man crumbled down to the floor, and so did she. She crawled her way to the lady as she heard the sirens approaching, and put her hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry Ma'am. The cops are here." As the sirens got louder and louder, her vision started to blur; she saw some red and blue shimmering, and then everything went black.

~ <> ~ <> ~ <> ~ <> ~ <> ~ <> ~ <> ~ <> ~ <> ~ <> ~  

Riddhima woke up by a familiar sound; it was a scraping sound that occurred when a bed was being shifted from one room to another. Who would know better than her? She worked there. It was still dark outside, and she could hear the raindrops hitting the window. She slowly got up, her head still heavy, and tiptoed her way to the locker rooms. She was bound to have an extra pair of clothes there; she hated to be the one wearing the horrible patient gown. She quickly changed and headed to the cafeteria; it was probably closed but the vending machines would probably be enough to sooth her grumbling tummy.

As she walked back to the wards, she heard her name being called "Riddhima! What are you doing up! You should be resting. You hit your head pretty hard, and I don't want the cops to jump at you right now, and that's exactly what they'll do if they see you roaming around the hallways."

"Sorry Dr. Sheldon. I just wanted to check on the lady who was with me."

"She's fine, thanks to you, and she had nothing serious so we sent her home." He reassured her. "Now go and rest, we'll have to run some X-rays on you in the morning, just to make sure there is no damage to your skull. You were out for a couple of hours. The blow must've been quite strong' Now rest." He practically dragged her to her bed, and tucked her in. "You're a very courageous girl Riddhima, not many people would do what you did. I hope you know that you're braver that you think." He said, leaving her once again in the dark room. Riddhima nodded, and dozed off to sleep.

Dr. Mark Sheldon was senior doctor, a man in his mid-fifties. When Riddhima first came to work at the hospital, he guided her through all the steps. He saw that Riddhima was not like other interns who would make friends right away with the rest of the staff members and bloat about the surgeries they had performed; no, she was different. She would always smile, but never from the bottom of the heart. She was hard working, one of the best of her batch, but never bragged about a thing. During her break, she would sit in her corner, and read a book or two. She wanted to block herself from the world, and he wanted to reach to her and tell "You're so young and beautiful. Don't throw away your life."

"I'm fine Mom! They've already checked everything; it was just a bash on the head." Riddhima leaned forward to show her mother the little bump on the side of her head. I'm going to be discharged today. They only kept me for so long because I passed out for a couple of hours."

"Still, Riddhima, you don't just go launching yourself into a dangerous situation. You could have been killed." Padma had come to see her as soon as she saw her messages. She had been so worried. How could she be so careless?

"But, I wasn't. Look at me, all fit for work already."

"Oh no! You are not starting to work from today or tomorrow. I already talked to Dr. Sheldon, and he gave you a week rest."

"A week!" She pouted "What am I going to do for an entire week. I can't just sit home and laze around."

"Oh yes you can, and you will. You have been working like a crazy maniac; you need to take some rest. I already called Rahul, and he will come and pick you up, and make sure you stay home."

Riddhima was about to say something but was interrupted by a man who had been walking up the ward "You know, it always good to do as your mothers tells you." He was in his late fifties, smartly dressed in a suit. "I'm sorry, but I don't think I've introduced myself. I'm Mr. Rohit Malhotra, and it's very nice to meet you Dr. Gupta"

Riddhima had never heard of that name. "Please call me Riddhima' I'm sorry, but your name doesn't ring a bell."

"Oh' I thought the police had already told you during their interrogation. Let's start over shall we? I'm Rohit Malhotra and I came here to thank you from the bottom of my heart for coming to my wife's rescue. You did something really brave, and I can't tell you how grateful we are. My wife and I had a little argument, and hot tempered that she is, she stormed out of the car in the middle of the street and just started walking."

"How is your wife doing this morning?" She enquired.

"Still shocked from the incident, but she's fine, just a few bruises. It could've have been much worse. We owe you so much." He exhaled.

"Anyone would have done the same Mr. Malhotra."

"Well, my wife would like to thank you in person, so I wanted to invite you to a party that is going to be held at our new house. Please do come. It would be an honour to have you there." He handed her an invitation card, and hugged her one last time before leaving her alone with her mother.

"Don't try to get out of this one! You are going to that party! It's about time you enjoyed yourself a bit. You're always stuck with work or studies. You are going and that's final."

"I don't understand why I have to go this party. I don't even know anyone." Riddhima said coming out in a lilac knee length dress. She looked beautiful. Her hair was black and left open. Her blue eyes were contoured by thin eyeliner, and her lips were glossy pink. "Do I look presentable enough?"

"Finally, Riddhima, you're wearing some colors. It was about time you got over your dull and neutral wardrobe. Seriously, when was the last time you wore something like this." She just looked at Rahul "Okay, I get it, wrong question'" Rahul brought her in front of the mirror "You look perfect" he added. He had volunteered to help her get ready for the party, and to drop her there. "I'm so glad you're going out and having a bit of fun"

"I wouldn't categorize it as fun; it's not really my type of thing you know'"

"Now, now, stop complaining. You'll have plenty of fun there, meeting new people, dancing with a handsome stranger, and maybe' just maybe make a lady friend you can introduce me to later." He joked around, trying to convince her that the party was a brilliant idea. She hadn't attended much of those in a very long time. The last time Rahul brought her to a party, she practically sat in a corner the entire time, with an occasional hello to those who passed by her. "And, if it makes you feel any better, if you're really hating it, I'll call you around 9, and all you have to say is: Oh my god! My best friend is giving birth!" Riddhima laughed at his comment. He really knew how to cheer her up.

"Happy?" Riddhima gave a little smile, and nodded. They both headed outside, and drove off to wherever this place was. Riddhima stared out the window, until her eyes wandered on Armaan's picture on huge wall; it was the poster of his latest movie. There were a few teenagers posing in front and clicking picture with their favourite star. Riddhima smiled as her thoughts drifted to his memories'

"Armaan?" Riddhima asked as they walked pass a movie theatre, their fingers entwined.

"Hmm?"

"You know, soon, we'll see your face on these walls, and people will come out saying: Armaan did a fabulous job."

"You really think so?"

"Of course I do; you'll be the biggest star the world has ever seen. I have my complete faith in you'" She said as she circled her arms around his neck. "Just promise me that when you'll be surrounded by all these famous and beautiful models, you won't forget me."

He pulled her closer by the waist and whispered gently in her ears "I can never forget you, you'll always be here with me" He took her hand and placed it on his heart.

"We're here Riddhima" She heard Rahul say. The house was grand. White bricks, wooden doors, even the brass doorbell was fancy. She clutched her handbag, took a few deep breaths, and rang the doorbell. The door swung open, and there he was, Mr. Malhotra, greeting her with a pleasant smile. "Riddhima! It's so good to see you. I am so glad you made it." He gave her a quick hug "You look stunning."

"It's nice to see you too" Riddhima smiled. He was such a charming old man. Somehow, he reminded her of her father.

"Come on, let me introduce you to the rest of the guests. My family doesn't know you are here. You're the surprise guest of honour." He pushed open the door, and drew her into a huge shimmering hall full of people. "There's my wife by the fireplace." He added as they walked towards her. The woman, standing with her back to them, was tall and slim. She was wearing a black velvet dress and her hair was tied back into a braided chignon.

He called her "Darling,'" and she turned around. In a second, Riddhima was seventeen again.

Serena Malik, oops, no Serena Malhotra shoulders stiffened as she saw her guest. "My goodness, what is going on here? What are you doing here? Are you out of your mind, just letting her in like that?" her voice sharp and demanding.

Mr. Malhotra was stunned by his wife's sudden outburst. "Darling'what are you talking about? This is Riddhima Gupta. She's the one that came to your rescue while you were attacked' She saved your life." He emphasized on the last statement.

"Oh'" Serena blinked "Well, then'" She gave Riddhima the coldest smile "I guess I should' Thank you'"

"No problem" Riddhima answered, barely able to pronounce the words properly. She knew this party was a bad idea, not only bad, it was a terrible idea. She wanted to get out of there, this instant but her feet seemed grounded to the floor. Why couldn't Rahul call now?

"Oh there's my little princess' Muskaan come here, and meet Riddhima, she's the one that that saved your mom." Mr. Malhotra called out to a curly haired girl. "That's my stepdaughter" he murmured to Riddhima.

"Hi, I'm Muskaan. It's so nice to finally meet you." She said as she pulled Riddhima into a hug "Thank you so much for saving my mom's life." Muskaan didn't recognize her. She pulled back from the hug, and stared at Riddhima with a curious look. "Have we met? You look awfully familiar." Well, she didn't recognize her yet.

Before Riddhima could answer, Serena interrupted "So Riddhima, can we offer you a drink, or' do you have something more important to do."

At the moment, rushing off somewhere was what she wanted to do. She looked down at her watch and tried to invent an excuse that would allow her to leave. Anything was better than this party. "Actually, yes, there is somewhere else I need-"

"There he is! Finally!" Muskaan cried out as she waved at someone "We're over here"

Riddhima didn't turn around. She didn't need too. She knew who it was. She could feel his presence behind her, as he approached to join them. The memories she had kept locked deep down in some corner of her heart resurfaced all in an instant. Riddhima forgot how to breathe that moment.

"Hi everyone! Sorry I'm late, got caught up at the studio. What have I missed?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey that was chapter one!! I know I said after Tuesday, but I finished my project earlier!! The part is long and still moving at a slow pace since I am since introducing the characters... I know, I'm really horrible for finishing it thereSmile Hope you all like it!! next TWO part should be posted by Saturday!!

Love you all-XOXO-Alisha K.

Edited by ksgforlife07 - 19 April 2011 at 7:48pm

The following 87 member(s) liked the above post:

harini19Sanausmanxxnotoriusxxprachi.kajenammy_amnaangelic_ridzyAngel.ARloveraditi_sweetlifesucks123ksgmyluvmylyfffwifey90bhavs_gid03cutie13TrueMuskaanKaSh_4_evabsk1Anokheeahensevenswarobi1ekts_dmgmjhtGloriosaaStupidcupid1234shreyshrey..KaJenDelena..ADITI.SHARMA_03sweety7395mak3mesmile-tehreem-KaranSGRulesiceprincess101Nims-Amoon.88mansibhartiakshadanushkajainRhea.KaJenARCaskettFanjannat4everSuvarna....yongshinssidraSAM32shaaz_91qt4everKaJen_addictionshonadesire--Sapphire---Dee-pinky.paddamoonlight2630Crazyy_Fanarmaania13-wild-Sanaa629gupta.aditi20Haniyaadesire_20crazy_4_karancutiepreetx.sunayna.xprernawaghraybarydebby_11KaranShilpa:)nyxxanjie22pixie_nChocolate...-Prithi--RabiaKSGKaJen-alaipayuthey..vidhi..smiley_lizicant.be.assed.RKDramebaazAkankshaa.Medha.Euphoria.jiyaa_mEthereal-PathNorz-Moni-Leve_Oishi_sjain-GoogleWithMe-aftermath..

Stupidcupid1234

Stupidcupid1234

Posted: 07 March 2011 at 8:23pm | IP Logged
Update as soon as possible
It was so good
Want to read more
Hurry up n update soon

Post Reply New Post

Go to top