Loved it.. .plss add me ur pm list Edited by XXXYYYZZZ - 13 years ago
Posted: 13 years ago
loved it !!!!
continue soon ...
amazing update..........👍🏼
continue soooon
lets meet. lets meet soon................m waiting,,,,,,,,,,,,superb.........continue soon......
do send me pm
nice
part

Nice update
Maaneet after so long they were talking but still cant stop fyting
Waiting for the meet n wat shock Maan gets😉

Chapter One Part three

Phonecalls

Maan's unexpected concession snapped her head back to attention. 'Where?'

'L'Hirondelle.'

As it didn't do to appear too keen, she groaned. 'the stuffiest hotel in the world? I thought you might have changed by now.'

'changed how, exactly?' Irony colored Maan's voice.

'oh, you know—ditched the pompous balloon in favor of a regular hot-air type favored by most men—'

'L'Hirondelle,' Maan repeated. 'Six o' clock. Think you can make it?'

So he remembered her time keeping problems. 'can't we meet at the club?'

'which club, Geet?'

She hadn't missed the weariness in his voice. ' you don't know?' she said, faking incredulous. Not to know the hottest club in town was akin to pariah-dom in Monte Carlo. Not that she would have known which club was hot that season had it not been for the girls she shared an apartment with. They were the pretty girls who kept their collective ears to the ground and knew everything worth knowing. Geet was the type of plain girl who had learned to develop acute hearing over the years. Wild? Yes, she'd been wild when Maan had left England, but in a driving too fast, riding too hard kind of way—the clubbing scene had never held any interest for her. Party girl she was not, but hopefully she could wing it. 'The Columbus?' she named the most popular club in the principality with the type of pity in her voice those in the know reserved for those not in the know—people like her.

'you go there?'

Careless. As if Maan wouldn't know the hottest place in town. ' you've heard of it?'

'enough to know it won't be open at six.'

Second careless mistake. Not even the bar would be open at that time, Geet realized, remembering too late what the girls had told her. Plus she had to face the embarrassing fact that Maan was only arranging to see her early on in the evening so he had the rest of the night left to do his thing. ' I don't finish work until six—cant we make it later?' giving her time for a major fashion overhaul courtesy of the girls—plus shed need a wax, pluck, polish, fake-bake—shed settle for a miracle. She might not be Maan's idea of a good-looking woman, but there was such a thing as pride.

'Come over to the hotel straight from work, Geet,' Maan said, ignoring her suggestion. 'I'll still be working on the car, so I'll be ready for some fresh air by then.'

Nice to know she would be a welcome substitute for an oily rag.

But she could still rescue something from the situation. The smell of hairspray filled the air at the salon—and what little air was left to breathe was filled with the overwhelming floral scent-bomb of her employer's signature perfume. In his own way, like Maan, Monsier Michel was a stranger to restraint. Parfait. Maan would love it here. Not. Throwing Maan off balance might be one chance she had to persuade him to take her on as his co-driver. 'as I'm the one doing you a favor I think you should come here…'

And now she could only wait.

It was such a long wait Geet began to wonder if Maan had gone to sleep. 'Six o clock at La Maison Rouge?' she prompted.

'La Maison Rouge?' he drawled as if she'd pulled him from reading a book. 'isnt that the glitzy hairdressing salon on the main drag?'

'There's no need to sound quite so surprised.'

'I'm just surprised you're working there. What happened to your career in interior design?'

'Things…' Geet grimaced as she glanced into the mirror. Who would want to employ an interior designer with cheeks the texture of a rotting beam? Okay, slight exaggeration, but with her scars she wasn't going to risk it, whereas Monsieur Michel had dragged her in from the street saying she ahd the most fascinating 'look' he had ever seen—and she'd been too stunned by Monsieur's lilac shadow to argue.

'Are you any good in what you do?' Maan demanded, snapping Geet back to full attention.

'I welcome clients by name—and I smile. Not much room for error there.'

'As long as they don't let you loose with a pair of hair dressing scissors.'

He was remembering the time she had chopped off the tail of his prize horse when she'd been a twelve-year-old grooming enthusiast. ' see you here at six?' she held her breath.

'Maybe…'

Was that a smile in his voice? The line clicked and dies before she could decide.

Well, she'd thrown her eyepatch into the ring, and now she just had to wait and see what fate had in store for her—though there was nothing to stop her helping fate along a little bit, Geet concluded as she placed a second call to girls with more fashion savvy than she would ever have.

😆😆

END OF CHAPTER ONE

Next - Maan's side and a shock!😲😲

Liked it?  plzzz do share your views girlies..!!😛

will be introducing more familiar characters sooon 😃

YES Geet does have an eyepatch.. 😲 lets keep the curiosity going 😆😆

P.S for those of you who wanted to know the name, the title of the bok is the same I havent changed it 😊

Love,

Zamee<3

Awesome update
loved da fone call
Wow Geet wers a eyepatch---surprised
Want 2 c Maans reaction wen he see'z geet
Precap is nice---want 2 c wat d big shock is n want 2 read Maans side ov da story
Cont soon Xx..
Thx 4 the PM